Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:48:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptowatch - real-time charts and personalized trading analysis  (Read 32814 times)
carl_sagan (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 12:36:26 AM

Awesome updates! Thanks for adding BB!

One thing i noticed though is now when ichimoku is activated the chart is very choppy ans loses a lot of responsiveness.

Yeah, we are aware that it's a bit laggier now. We're going to see if we can optimize it somehow, and if not we'll change how we fill in the cloud to be less CPU-intensive. Thanks for the feedback.

https://cryptowat.ch - live Bitcoin price charts
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 12:48:28 AM

Just shipped a big update adding drawing tools, Bollinger Bands, and more! Announcement on reddit with more details: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2olhk7/cryptowatch_just_got_trend_lines_fibonacci/

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:37:40 PM

Finally drawing, thanks!

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
btcwhiterock

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:29:54 PM

Thank you looks amazing
akaihola

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 07:56:02 AM

The Bitstamp order book graph looks a bit funky today:

https://i.imgur.com/8t40NYa.png
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 03:17:40 PM

Wow, what the hell. I'll look into this. Seems to just be theirs so maybe it's the data we're getting back from their API.

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 04:34:55 PM

Wow, what the hell. I'll look into this. Seems to just be theirs so maybe it's the data we're getting back from their API.

There's some bug with how we're handling their socket feed... I fixed it for now by restarting our real-time service but I expect it will degrade again over time. I'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 05:08:28 PM

Hey Artur,  

Great work on the site.. Heres a few suggestions (excluding drawing tools of course!)

#1) When you put the cross hairs over the volume at the bottom... need the volume value to come up on the right hand side... this is important because volume is an important metric to look at etc..  

#2) The other one is about slimming down the wasted column along side the order book visualisation (BTW~ Good work on putting the order book counter/values thingy back on the visualisation tool)..  

Hopefully this image will be self explanatory..

Seconded!

Flibbr's suggestion ignores that fact that the "wasted column" also labels the walls in the depth chart. Since the y-axes for the price chart and depth chart don't line up, you can't really merge the two.

carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:26:32 PM

There's some bug with how we're handling their socket feed... I fixed it for now by restarting our real-time service but I expect it will degrade again over time. I'll look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

It might actually not have been us - https://twitter.com/Bitstamp/status/542409804702961665. It was the first time I'd seen that happen. Hopefully it's the last.

Adlai

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 02:08:46 PM

https://i.imgur.com/8t40NYa.png

Garbage in, garbage out!
ripcord

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

Awesome job so far! Can't wait for integrated trading (especially for OKCoin futures). Also would love to have multiple charts on one page...multiple exchanges would be ideal, but even just multiple timeframes from the same exchange would be beneficial. While I'm wishing for things, stochastics would be great too.

On your candlestick charts, it seems every candle open is exactly the same as the previous candle's close. Shouldn't it be the first trade that takes place in that candle's time? Sometimes there are gaps between the last traded price in one candle and the first traded price in the next candle, but your charts don't show that.

Thanks for working on this and listening to your users!
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 02:46:20 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2014, 02:59:36 PM by carl_sagan

Awesome job so far! Can't wait for integrated trading (especially for OKCoin futures). Also would love to have multiple charts on one page...multiple exchanges would be ideal, but even just multiple timeframes from the same exchange would be beneficial. While I'm wishing for things, stochastics would be great too.

Integrated trading is being developed right now, and there will be a private testing group in the next month or two. I'll send an email about that to the user base so make an account if you want to be part of that group.

On your candlestick charts, it seems every candle open is exactly the same as the previous candle's close. Shouldn't it be the first trade that takes place in that candle's time? Sometimes there are gaps between the last traded price in one candle and the first traded price in the next candle, but your charts don't show that.

I designed it to work that way because I assumed what you describe was developed for the traditional financial markets which opened and closed every day, and therefore didn't always have a continuous seam of trading between each candle. Perhaps my take on it is traditionally wrong.

Do you find that to be a flaw? I recently bought a book about Japanese candlesticks and I'm realizing that sometimes analysis of candlesticks involves these gaps between close/open prices, so I'm not too sure myself anymore. It would be easy logic to change if I wanted to, but not retroactively; a lot of my historical data would still have this characteristic.

Let me know what you think, it's been on my mind lately.

ripcord

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 05:52:17 PM

I designed it to work that way because I assumed what you describe was developed for the traditional financial markets which opened and closed every day, and therefore didn't always have a continuous seam of trading between each candle. Perhaps my take on it is traditionally wrong.

I suppose the gaps are typically a lot larger when a market closes overnight, but that method is used on all charts in the financial world, regardless of timeframe. In a fast moving or illiquid market, there may be gaps even on 1-minute candles. By treating the first trade in that time period as the open of the candle it gives an accurate picture of the true range that traded for that candle.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:29:33 PM

how do i delete the lines, arrows and other circles i've drawn?
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:15:06 AM

how do i delete the lines, arrows and other circles i've drawn?

Right-click anywhere to delete them newest-to-oldest. You can also right-click on the lines' points to delete them in any order.

Adlai

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:36:10 AM

I suppose the gaps are typically a lot larger when a market closes overnight, but that method is used on all charts in the financial world, regardless of timeframe. In a fast moving or illiquid market, there may be gaps even on 1-minute candles. By treating the first trade in that time period as the open of the candle it gives an accurate picture of the true range that traded for that candle.

For comparison, BitcoinWisdom offers both "CandleStick" and "CandleStickHLC". The former counts the first trade in the period as the open, and the latter uses the previous period's close.
BITMIXER.IO

Activity: 261
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:25:37 PM

Could you please add "Schaff Trend Cycle Indicator"? (ScTC or STC)
Gambiman

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:48:54 PM

Site is really good, and I'm 100% using only this one now. Just one thing, could it be possible to disable the green and red points if needed (buying and selling) because although they are really nice and informative on lower time frame, when we start going to 4h or 1 day time frame the graph is overwhelmed and difficult to see the candlesticks.
Other than that, loving the TA tools and everything, well done Wink

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
carl_sagan (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Site is really good, and I'm 100% using only this one now. Just one thing, could it be possible to disable the green and red points if needed (buying and selling) because although they are really nice and informative on lower time frame, when we start going to 4h or 1 day time frame the graph is overwhelmed and difficult to see the candlesticks.
Other than that, loving the TA tools and everything, well done Wink

Thanks!

There's a pending update that will allow you to toggle your trades on the chart, for this exact reason. Also looking into designs that handle clustering better on long-term time frames when you do have them enabled.

I'll post a reply here when that update is live.

Thanks for the feedback.

ascisco

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

Still getting choppy artifacts with the new ichi cloud. The old rendering method worked great, what reason is there not to revert?

Thanks again for your great work with this chart.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: