Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help and someone to understand something for me. SOLVED *  (Read 772 times)
cncmasterw (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:38:56 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2012, 05:57:21 AM by cncmasterw

I have two computers running at least; 260Mhashes... My personal computer does 340MHashes... so my question is this..

Why is it that on my account it says that i am generating 255MHashes... When my personal computer does 340MHashes .... and my friends computer does 260-280 something... It has been stuck at 255 for HOURS.. and nothing has changed. It doesnt even look like im getting the value of 600mh... its not much.. but its something and it puts gas in my car when i need it. Cheesy

" Average hashrate in last 10 rounds: 255 Mhash/s " its been like this almost 12 hours.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 06:42:02 AM

You didn't specify which pool this is. It's possible that the pool hasn't found a block in 12 hours and therefore the figure wasn't updated.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
cncmasterw (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 06:49:31 AM

Oh snap, i didnt even include enough information go me :/ Sorry im tired Smiley its 2 in the morning its Slush's pool mining.bitcoin.cz

I was wondering if the block was not found yet, but how could a block not be found after 13 hours? Well i figured out part of my own question today's pool luck 54% ... soo our luck today was not that great. :/ Okay so Finding a block is what changed the hashrate number on Slushs pool?
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 07:06:25 AM

Are you using a different worker for each computer? If not try it. And also try to give it more time to see if it changes, if not I think you should contact slush for support.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
halix2000

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 08:37:06 AM

On slush's pool you must have a seperate worker for each device on each pc. For instance I have it set up so I use USERNAME.main for my main PC and USERNAME.dedminer for my dedicated miner's first gpu and USERNAME.dedminer2 for my dedicated miner's second gpu and USERNAME.dedminerc for my dedicated miner's cpu. Also know that average hashes on slushes pool are by round. I don't know how long a round is, but when I go from a dead stop for a few days due to being away to mining full power, it takes anywhere from 14-18 hours before I end up seeing my total hash rate as the average hash rate. I hope this helps

Halix
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:32:36 PM

You do not need to have one worker per gpu anymore on slush's pool.  I have consolidated all my workers to one and things are much easier to follow.  Smiley

Rounds finish when a block is found, so however long it takes to find a block is when stats are updated.  I have seen as little as 3 seconds to more than 14 hours.  Sad

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 10:17:13 PM

Yes, such are the ways of probability. Sometimes you get a hit when your chances should be 20% and sometimes it takes to the 99.999%. Those big pools can really come in handy to power through the unlucky streaks.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

cncmasterw (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 05:55:52 AM

Thank you all My questions have been answered. Smiley my score is now 600MHahses.. and is perfect working order. It was my inpatients and curiosity that led me to thinking there might be a problem. My friends computer is helping me mine while hes away, Cheesy yay for building his computer haha thanks again! how do i mark as solved?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: