Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone IOS Bitcoin wallet is here! (From Blockchain.info)  (Read 47496 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 04:57:52 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2012, 09:04:41 PM by molecular

I'm experiencing a crash when hitting "review payment" button.

Thanks for the report, unfortunately I cannot get the report to symbolicate properly so am not able to get much from it. I've included an exception reported in 1.9 which will email me crash logs.

nice new features, man!

I tried sending money again and (after asking if I wished to label and save the address) it goes to some strange shaded mode (light in the middle, darker to the outside, like being lighted by a small spotlight) and just sits there (about 3 minutes now).

Is it trying to send crash report and that doesn't work (device has network access)?

After that I could get to main menu any more (by press of button), nor could I get to task manager (double click button). turning device off was the only option and very slow. it seemed the touch input wasn't working well and it was hard to slide the "turn device off" slider. weird.

.molec

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 12:17:52 AM

Piuk, your response time in fixing issues and feature requests is amazing as always! Keep up the good work.

Looks like you already fixed all the previous bugs I raised so now I have to nitpick Smiley  The little arrow that slides left and right when changing between screens (it indicates which screen is active) the screens change in colour just slightly but the arrow does not.  So on two of the screens the arrow does not blend correctly.

Not a big issue and certainly not a show stopper.

Love the app.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 10:34:39 AM

Is there a way to update to 1.9 if I got this thru the app store? Not jailbroken.
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 11:29:13 AM

Has anyone else gotten this to work on an Iphone 4S  IOS 5.1 ?

If I try to create a brand new wallet,  I receive this error:

If I try to sync with my existing wallet,  it hangs at this screen:

piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:12:51 PM

I tried sending money again and (after asking if I wished to label and save the address) it goes to some strange shaded mode (light in the middle, darker to the outside, like being lighted by a small spotlight) and just sits there (about 3 minutes now).

I don't really know what else to try. I've tested it an old iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) and a 4G (iOS 5.1) and cannot replicate it. Is it possible you could try and get one more crash log?

The screens change in colour just slightly but the arrow does not.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Is there a way to update to 1.9 if I got this thru the app store? Not jailbroken.

Unfortunately not. I'm trying to get it approved but apple just doesn't like bitcoin.

1.0 is probably a lost cause.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:14:26 PM

Unfortunately not. I'm trying to get it approved but apple just doesn't like bitcoin.
Could you tell us exactly what rejection message they gave you ?
And which section of the Developer guidelines they use to base their rejection ?

piuk

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:20:07 PM

This is the latest rejection (for the Korean app store only).

We found that your app contains content - or facilitates, enables, or encourages an activity - that is not legal in all the locations in which the app is available, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the facilitation of trading of virtual currency is not appropriate for the App Store.

We encourage you to review your app concept and evaluate whether you can incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the Guidelines.

If you wish to appeal your review, you can submit a request to the App Review Board. The App Review Board was created for developers to appeal an app review they have concerns with. Please be as specific as possible when explaining why you believe your app is in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

I tried to explain the app deals in bitcoins only and does not allow trading but I guess the definition of "encourages an activity" can be quite broad. They also declined the app for the same reason without send functionality.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:22:25 PM

If you try to appeal you should probably mention that bitpak does it already.

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:33:51 PM

I think that will just get bitpak kicked out of the app store.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 03:23:57 PM

We found that your app contains content - or facilitates, enables, or encourages an activity - that is not legal in all the locations in which the app is available, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the facilitation of trading of virtual currency is not appropriate for the App Store.

We encourage you to review your app concept and evaluate whether you can incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the Guidelines.

If you wish to appeal your review, you can submit a request to the App Review Board. The App Review Board was created for developers to appeal an app review they have concerns with. Please be as specific as possible when explaining why you believe your app is in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

I tried to explain the app deals in bitcoins only and does not allow trading but I guess the definition of "encourages an activity" can be quite broad. They also declined the app for the same reason without send functionality.
That seems quite silly.  I have a Chase app that deals in virtual USD.  Does that not count as a virtual currency?

Bleh.  Boo on the Apple store.
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 03:53:44 PM

:SARCASM ALERT

I see, I think you'll have to make it difficult then.

Bitpak does not facilitate trading, in fact, people spend 2 weeks trying to download the blockchain. Bitpak is in compliance with the Guidelines and appropriate for the App Store.
Steve

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 04:01:58 PM

It seems to be working for me.  I haven't actually used it to send/recv bitcoins yet, but it shows the transaction history of my wallet.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 05:37:01 PM

I think throwing a jquery mobile theme (or something similar) on blockchain.info might be a simpler solution than the app store.

Working offline isn't too useful on a mobile wallet IMHO and you wont have to deal with constant iOS updates. Plus, the wallet would work on every smartphone/tablet, not just apple products.

When Jobs debuted the iPhone, web apps are what he was imagining for 3rd parties. Plus now there's the nice "add to homescreen" button so the web app would look a lot like a native app

k

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:48:11 PM

does the app link in any way to the purchase bitcoins by sms that is on the blockchain.info site? That could be the part about facilitating trading of virtual currency.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 07:03:08 PM

I think throwing a jquery mobile theme (or something similar) on blockchain.info might be a simpler solution than the app store.
Web apps can't read QR codes :/

But they can work offline just like a native app when a cache manifest is used along with HTML 5 local storage capabilities.

matonis

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 06:41:22 AM

Am I looking at the same App Store (in the US)? Bitcointrading found at least 16 bitcoin apps in the App Store but yes only one with current 'send' functionality. Obviously, they "facilitate the trading of virtual currency" at some level. Korea must be a really unique situation.

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/index.php?topic=312.0

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 08:55:23 AM

I don't really know what else to try. I've tested it an old iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) and a 4G (iOS 5.1) and cannot replicate it. Is it possible you could try and get one more crash log?

just fyi. this is a pretty much vanilla iPod (installed a couple of games from appstore before). I only jailbroke it to install blockchain.

I'm trying again, but it doesn't get around to crash any more, just makes my iPod unusable. (cannot get to menu or taskmanager, only thing left to do is turn on/off "voiceover" or switch off the device.

did you actually receive any crash reports by your new method? if not, maybe you can remove it again in the next version so maybe we stand a chance again to get a crash report and the symbols work?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
piuk

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 10:02:00 AM

Having it actually in the app store is great for promotional purposes, web apps just aren't quite the same.

does the app link in any way to the purchase bitcoins by sms that is on the blockchain.info site? That could be the part about facilitating trading of virtual currency.

No that button is shown only in Cydia. But the image is still bundled with the app, perhaps they think it might be activate later.

did you actually receive any crash reports by your new method?

I got one this time. Thanks for your help.

CALayer position contains NaN: [240 nan]

(
    "4   libstdc  .6.dylib                   0x31323e3d _ZN10__cxxabiv111__terminateEPFvvE   52",
    "5   libstdc  .6.dylib                   0x31323e91 _ZSt9terminatev   16",
    "6   libstdc  .6.dylib                   0x31323f61 __cxa_throw   84",
    "7   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x30cfac8b objc_exception_throw   70",
    "8   CoreFoundation                      0x367dc491  [NSException raise:format:arguments:]   68"
)

8J2
iPhone OS - 4.3.3 - Cydia

Seems there is a divide by zero somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 01:31:51 PM

Having it actually in the app store is great for promotional purposes, web apps just aren't quite the same.

+1

Seems there is a divide by zero somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

HOPE!

k

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 06:17:01 PM

No that button is shown only in Cydia. But the image is still bundled with the app, perhaps they think it might be activate later.

You could try removing that image from bundle and re-submit/appeal. I'm not familiar with the Apple app approval process but is there any way to get more specific feedback from the reviewer as to what exactly is objectionable and what exact changes are necessary to allow it in?

Anyway good luck. I agree that having the app in the official app store would be a big bonus and make it much easier to recommend to non-super geeks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: