Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone IOS Bitcoin wallet is here! (From Blockchain.info)  (Read 47487 times)
tigereye

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 09:09:05 PM

Yep, on the 4S it takes a good 5-10 seconds.  Not surprising that it takes 2+ minutes on your 3G!
I also experience this.

Another thing... i cannot access first entry in address book. I can see it only if i swipe down, but then i can't click on it, because it hides back when i release a finger.
I can confirm this bug.

The bottom-most address on the list is always hidden due to the way the list "bounces back" after you scroll down.

There **IS** a very very VERY small sliver left of the list entry making it possible to tap it if you are exact.
But with fat fingers this is hard!

It'd be nice if the scrollable list didn't "bounce back" from the bounds of the list (top and bottom)

--TE

If my posts have helped, consider leaving a tip! 1AE5e56ivvaGMJJmLrZoLgiZXPx93CddyA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
randomproof

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:12:28 AM

I'm not sure what version I have, but I would love it if it could display the full on the amount of bitcoins in transactions and in total.  Any amount smaller than 0.0001 gets round off to zero.  (I download it from Apple before it was removed.  I hope you get it back in the office store since I haven't jailbreaked)

Donations to me:   19599Y3PTRF1mNdzVjQzePr67ttMiBG5LS
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:39:01 PM

With a little bit of timing, I was able to capture a picture of it booting up before crashing.

Know any good app's that can print-out (at least in text) a stacktrace?

hashalfahalve

Activity: 100

Support the bitcoin economy, use BTC merchants

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:53:09 PM

I had this working on 4S 5.1.1 but then uninstalled it by accident. Now I don't see it in official app store, but  when I install the Cydia version, it opens to a black screen for a split second and returns me back to springboard... Sad

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 01:31:57 AM

Any information on what it will take to get this app back in the official app store?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 02:19:56 AM

Any information on what it will take to get this app back in the official app store?

A "fixed" version that gives Apple 20% in fees.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 09:36:57 AM

Paypal has an Iphone app,  and they don't pay Apple a royalty.
I don't see why Bitcoin apps wouldn't be allowed when Paypal is.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 09:45:39 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2012, 12:33:23 AM by Stephen Gornick

Paypal has an Iphone app,  and they don't pay Apple a royalty.

Well, that was kind of a joke.

The last I saw from piuk was Apple had referred him to their legal dept. to learn something to the effect of how the app needs to be legal in all areas it was being offered.

I wouldn't be suprised if Apple saw how an attack to get bitcoins exposed holes in Linode, maybe Apple is trying to avoid iOS from being a similar type of target (i.e., new vulnerabitities exposed after hackers looking for bitcoins become highly motivated).

I'ld like to see some bitcoin app become so popular where hundreds of thousands of iPhone users go to jailbreak because the app isn't allowed on the App Store.  Apple might rethink their strategy then.   Maybe SatoshiDICE or something like that ends up being the driver to cause that to happen.

There's always the FTC AntiTrust laws -- maybe Apple is doing this to keep competition for their payments system at bay.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 03:36:31 PM

Last two days "Details" page (iOS app) is weird:

Request:
Online Wallet web page... could you please add "Are you sure?" before deleting AddressBook entry (clicking on trashcan). I Have deleted few entries over few months accidentally so confirmation would be really nice.

Also:
Local currency is still resetting back to US dollars constantly.
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 07:02:18 PM

it is possible to be downloaded and installed from https://www.coindl.com/page/category/apps ?

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:26:15 PM

Paypal has an Iphone app,  and they don't pay Apple a royalty.

Well, that was kind of a joke.

The last I saw from piuk was Apple had referred him to their legal dept. to learn something to the effect of how it needed to be legal in all areas it was being offered.

I wouldn't be suprised if Apple saw how an attack to get bitcoins exposed holes in Linode, maybe Apple is trying to avoid iOS from being a similar type of target (i.e., new vulnerabitities exposed after hackers looking for bitcoins become highly motivated).

I'ld like to see some bitcoin app become so popular where hundreds of thousands of iPhone users go to jailbreak because the app isn't allowed on the App Store.  Apple might rethink their strategy then.   Maybe SatoshiDICE or something like that ends up being the driver to cause that to happen.

There's always the FTC AntiTrust laws -- maybe Apple is doing this to keep competition for their payments system at bay.

Well we can now point to the fact that you can buy Bitcoins at both Wallmart and Seven Eleven and you can get an app on Android.
So why not on Iphone?

And if Paypal have an app we can point to it, and say so should Bitcoin.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:40:52 PM

it is possible to be downloaded and installed from https://www.coindl.com/page/category/apps ?

Theoretically it is possible to release source codes for iPhone bitcoin app, but then you need a developer license to install it. More effective method is by distributing it with the beta-testing mechanism, I guess this was restricted to 100 installations or so. And the ultimate solution is to jailbreak your iPhone.

However QR-code based web based wallets are entirely possible, and Apple can't restrict people from "installing" them.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 10:00:02 PM

So now that 5.1.1 is jailbreakable untethered for the 4S, I went ahead and updated.  The app store version was working except the profile page didn't have my email or settings in it (only the wallet identifier was shown).  I uninstalled the app store version and installed the Cydia version, but it crashes immediately.  Any ideas?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 10:22:47 PM

So now that 5.1.1 is jailbreakable untethered for the 4S, I went ahead and updated.  The app store version was working except the profile page didn't have my email or settings in it (only the wallet identifier was shown).  I uninstalled the app store version and installed the Cydia version, but it crashes immediately.  Any ideas?

The Cydia app is working fine for me, but I'm still on 5.0.1 (iPhone 4).  I was going to upgrade to 5.1.1, but I've started using the app more and I don't want to update if it's not going to work.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 10:25:35 PM

The Cydia app is working fine for me, but I'm still on 5.0.1 (iPhone 4).  I was going to upgrade to 5.1.1, but I've started using the app more and I don't want to update if it's not going to work.

Wait to upgrade; the Cydia app isn't working for me either.
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:21:03 AM

What does the red power icon mean in the iOS app? Everything syncs per normal then after a second or two the icon changes from white to red.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 12:24:17 AM

Wait to upgrade; the Cydia app isn't working for me either.

Thanks.  Sorry you had to be the guinea pig on this.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
hashalfahalve

Activity: 100

Support the bitcoin economy, use BTC merchants

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 01:33:50 AM

Same experience here as previously posted.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:38:14 AM

Looks like Apple is getting a little heat for their policy:

Flattr: we’re victims of an ‘app dictatorship’
It’s like a jury that judges you but doesn’t explain why,” he said. “It’s an app dictatorship, or a monopoly. The problem is that we’re centralizing all of our communications… big corporates say they want a free market, but they really want to lock people up. It’s not just Apple: Google is going this way, Facebook is definitely going this way.”

- http://gigaom.com/europe/flattr-apple-app-dictatorship/

Duh: Apple doesn’t want Flattr money flowing through its apps if it can’t take a cut
This has to do with the fact that using the very disruptive service Flattr, apps can process micro-payments without Apple’s involvement. Basically, Apple isn’t getting a cut of the action.
- http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/05/28/duh-apple-doesnt-want-flattr-money-flowing-through-its-apps-if-it-cant-take-a-cut

The following point in their App Store Review Guidelines:

There was one clue given, that might be useful as a workaround for this app. 

21.2 The collection of donations must be done via a web site in Safari or an SMS

- http://blog.flattr.net/2012/05/apple-rejected-flattr-and-its-not-the-end

So ya, why not.  Have the app create the script and route that out through using SMS.  (i.e., the app can function with network connectivity turned off, so you prove the app isn't performing the transaction).  Unless that violates the spirit of their policy and they would reject it on that grounds, who knows.

I wonder what the difference is though between an app that uses Flattr  and an app that uses PayPal, as far as being used to transfer funds from one person to another.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 02:10:15 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked. I'm running the app (Cydia) where I keep some BTC for smallish transactions. However, there's a tiny discrepancy in my balance between the app and the web browser wallet. I sent two deposits from Virwox in the last couple days, and the difference between the balances is .04. Now, I know Virwox charges .02 per withdrawal, so that makes some sense, but even after all the confirmations, the web-based wallet still tells me I have .04 BTC less than the app wallet... it's weird?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: