Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LTCgear.com, the best scrypt/scrypt n/X11 cloud mining service, Not paying!!!  (Read 361306 times)
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:29:24 AM

There is a mandatory request for those which opted to receive hardware, to check their shipping address. The deadline is Wednesday 00:00 GMT. After this date, the shipping fee will be available via My Account page.  There is a new section for Q&A (only about HW): http://ltcgear.com/my-account/qa/  The rest of questions were not answered.

So there is a Q&A online, but now the site gives a 502 bad gateway error. This is not unexpected, but still sucks.

Works fine for me:

23.) What kind of hardware you are shipping to customers? What are the specs of the Hardware?
Boards, 350 Mhs max per asic unit

24.) What is the amount of hash per one asic ship?
500 khs max

25.) How much power do they draw?
Under 1W per 100kHs

26.) Which sort of connections (Ethernet,USB,…) are on board?
USB

27.) Do they come with a controller or a PSU?
No PSU, embedded controller

28.) What is your PSU recommendation?
No recommendation except certified high efficiency psu. The boards may accept multiple psu, unpowered parts of the board wont hash. The chips are daisy chained, so this needs to be taken in account if boards are powered selectively.
The industrial version of the boards work at higher input voltage, but this feature is not present in boards shipped

29.) Will the boards be overclockable?What kind of cooling is needed?
The hardware automatically sets speed based on thermal performance. The speed can be improved by improving stock cooling

30.) What will the shipping cost be?Will they be deducted from “owed” balance?
Shipping cost is to be collected, however its low value

31.) Where is your shipping location? What will be the value associated with boards shipped, shipping manifest, that customs / duties may be applied to, or will value be negligible or no value ( samples / “faulty return” )?
They will be shipped from outside EU, with low value

32.) Will it be possible to pick them up?
Most likely not, they are shipped via a forwarding company outside EU

33.) Will they come with instructions?
Basic instructions, which would be enough to use them.

34.) How soon will the software/updates be posted on the website?

35.) Is the software open-sourced?
Not at this point since there is some authorisation mechanism embedded in both chips, and controller.
The software will most likely become opensurce in the future

36.) Are the units just boards or do they come with a case?
Just boards, casing is not recommended since will most likely degrade performance and rise reliability issues

37.) What will be the delivery date?
August

38.) What will happen with small share accounts under the minimum of one shippable asic ship?Is there just the hosting option available? Will you adjust the fee?
Currently there are several options but a decision will be taken after this batch deployment

39.) What is the size and weight of the unit?
300×240 mm, 1900g per board

40.) What will happen with Dual Mods/Gen2?
Several options are taken in account. A decision will be taken after this batch deployment

41.) Do you have pictures or Videos of the units?
Yes, links are/will be available via this web page

42.) Are the units pure scrypt units or can we change the algo?
Scrypt only at this point. They may receive extra algs in the future. At this point there are several reasons why only scrypt is implemented

43.) What happens if the units are defective?Is there any kind of service planned?
Not service for the moment.
After deploying this batch, it is possible to chose certain peers (volunteers) to receive a quantity of boards which can be used as replacement for defective boards in same geographical region.

A bunch of BS if you ask me. He avoided answering any hard questions. And the specs are a joke.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:58:18 AM

There is a mandatory request for those which opted to receive hardware, to check their shipping address. The deadline is Wednesday 00:00 GMT. After this date, the shipping fee will be available via My Account page.  There is a new section for Q&A (only about HW): http://ltcgear.com/my-account/qa/  The rest of questions were not answered.

So there is a Q&A online, but now the site gives a 502 bad gateway error. This is not unexpected, but still sucks.

Works fine for me:

23.) What kind of hardware you are shipping to customers? What are the specs of the Hardware?
Boards, 350 Mhs max per asic unit

24.) What is the amount of hash per one asic ship?
500 khs max

25.) How much power do they draw?
Under 1W per 100kHs

26.) Which sort of connections (Ethernet,USB,…) are on board?
USB

27.) Do they come with a controller or a PSU?
No PSU, embedded controller

28.) What is your PSU recommendation?
No recommendation except certified high efficiency psu. The boards may accept multiple psu, unpowered parts of the board wont hash. The chips are daisy chained, so this needs to be taken in account if boards are powered selectively.
The industrial version of the boards work at higher input voltage, but this feature is not present in boards shipped

29.) Will the boards be overclockable?What kind of cooling is needed?
The hardware automatically sets speed based on thermal performance. The speed can be improved by improving stock cooling

30.) What will the shipping cost be?Will they be deducted from “owed” balance?
Shipping cost is to be collected, however its low value

31.) Where is your shipping location? What will be the value associated with boards shipped, shipping manifest, that customs / duties may be applied to, or will value be negligible or no value ( samples / “faulty return” )?
They will be shipped from outside EU, with low value

32.) Will it be possible to pick them up?
Most likely not, they are shipped via a forwarding company outside EU

33.) Will they come with instructions?
Basic instructions, which would be enough to use them.

34.) How soon will the software/updates be posted on the website?

35.) Is the software open-sourced?
Not at this point since there is some authorisation mechanism embedded in both chips, and controller.
The software will most likely become opensurce in the future

36.) Are the units just boards or do they come with a case?
Just boards, casing is not recommended since will most likely degrade performance and rise reliability issues

37.) What will be the delivery date?
August

38.) What will happen with small share accounts under the minimum of one shippable asic ship?Is there just the hosting option available? Will you adjust the fee?
Currently there are several options but a decision will be taken after this batch deployment

39.) What is the size and weight of the unit?
300×240 mm, 1900g per board

40.) What will happen with Dual Mods/Gen2?
Several options are taken in account. A decision will be taken after this batch deployment

41.) Do you have pictures or Videos of the units?
Yes, links are/will be available via this web page

42.) Are the units pure scrypt units or can we change the algo?
Scrypt only at this point. They may receive extra algs in the future. At this point there are several reasons why only scrypt is implemented

43.) What happens if the units are defective?Is there any kind of service planned?
Not service for the moment.
After deploying this batch, it is possible to chose certain peers (volunteers) to receive a quantity of boards which can be used as replacement for defective boards in same geographical region.

A bunch of BS if you ask me. He avoided answering any hard questions. And the specs are a joke.

You cannot seriously tell me you expect to get something from him at this point?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

You cannot seriously tell me you expect to get something from him at this point?

To be honest, no, this does not trigger me to push the "convert" button.
Totscha

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:02:41 AM

No, not really Smiley
verloren

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:05:54 PM

Not after May.
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:59:18 PM

Has this fiasco ended yet?

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 10:01:09 PM

Has this fiasco ended yet?

nope, lol. Still going strong, in fact a new update was posted today! xD

lmfao... but in reality, yes, I believe it is coming to an end. And/or he is going to attempt to restart the ponzi, but I don't believe anyone will ever see the coins that are owed to them.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
zoro1

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:47:10 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 02:06:52 PM by zoro1

at last we have the Q&A!!!
350MH/3500W  (bad efficiency) after the LTC halvation no gain unless free electricity or LTC rises in value!
but "outside EU" is no good at all

https://storjtalk.org/index.php
storj:decentralized cloud and much more!
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:44:20 AM

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.2.1

Site down for updates again. Did someone by accident see a message before it went down? Or is it a popping up and down thing?
verloren

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:55:43 AM

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.2.1

Site down for updates again. Did someone by accident see a message before it went down? Or is it a popping up and down thing?
Probably the usual up and down thing.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:26:38 AM

People, u need to understand it s been over months ago. Pls stop bumping this thread and go do something more productive.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 12:12:18 PM

People, u need to understand it s been over months ago. Pls stop bumping this thread and go do something more productive.

Irony isnt it that people cant step away from this but still hoping that miracle will turns out someday. For entertainment purposes, I would say that this is pretty much needed as I am obviously enjoying seeing people that still believe that Chris will deliver the "magical hardware". Besides bumping the thread poses no threat anyway  Smiley

For the record this is now middle of August and still 4.5 half months to go before we head to December ( the month where all of this started ). It has been months since the promised "magical hardware" and until today there is no sign of that hardware actually exist ( no picture no whatsoever just words ). No complaint whatsoever from those who has paid the fee it seems so I would assume that the weekly payout is still ongoing but the real question would be how long will Chris be able to afford keep paying this because it seems this ponzi cloudmining is pretty much dead by now

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:51:19 PM

It's pretty clear 90% of the people will never even remotely think they'll get money out of it.

On the other hand, it's just like a very bad movie, you keep watching since OMG this is bad. Captain America movies for example Wink
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 04:03:31 PM

It's pretty clear 90% of the people will never even remotely think they'll get money out of it.

It seems there are more people that actually think of getting their money still . Judging from the number of people that still hold on their account without wanting to sell for loss and also some people that still dream off getting those "magical hardware".

Pretty much common sense IMO why would you keep something that is 98 % sure that you wont get anything back rather than selling it for few percentage for loss and recoup some of it back ( for me it is pretty much better than waiting hopelessly though ). Some may seems lenient about this hardware however it seems most people are still hoping that they will get it

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:05:24 AM

It seems there are more people that actually think of getting their money still . Judging from the number of people that still hold on their account without wanting to sell for loss and also some people that still dream off getting those "magical hardware".

Pretty much common sense IMO why would you keep something that is 98 % sure that you wont get anything back rather than selling it for few percentage for loss and recoup some of it back ( for me it is pretty much better than waiting hopelessly though ). Some may seems lenient about this hardware however it seems most people are still hoping that they will get it

This brings us to a basic flaw in human brains. And I'm risking going waaaay off-topic here; the human brain is not capable of factually seeing risk/reward when there's emotions involved. In this case emotions about money. Considering someone is expected to receive 60 BTC from missed mining income (nothing has been said about that although it's been the number 1 burning question for months) with a 1% chance of happening or getting 3 BTC for the account NOW with a 99% chance of the project going down anyway and not paying out, the smart way would be to sell right away. But then the brain kicks in. Same as why people still buy lottery tickets, I don't get that. At best you'll lose 35% of your investment. But it's this very small chance of getting lucky to get the big prize that keeps people doing it. This is a nice one on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PK-netuhHA
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:14:49 PM

Everyone has a different opinion, and circumstance of risk/reward in this case.  I bought accounts for one, and would I make some BTC back if I sold them now? Sure, but for me I don't really care or need just a couple bitcoin so I hold my accounts for 1. Participation in the legal case, and 2. The chance this all comes to some resolution either because of the legal pressure, or because in the end he plans to send hardware, or some form of payments.

There is no right, or wrong way to handle this odd case.  Just because people hold on to accounts doesn't mean their thinking is flawed, hell some already reached ROI, and making a few pennies on the dollar isn't worth it to them to sell now. Some wrote off losses on taxes.

PS. Flep182 I know your example of 60 BTC owed and selling value of 3 BTC is just thrown out there numbers, but an account worth 3 BTC is most likely owed around 200 BTC.  You stand a small chance, but much higher return if you pursue legal action, or even just a fraction of what is owed. Some like that risk.

I also think the people that are still sitting around saying others need to sell their accounts are just hoping he never pays out becuase they dropped their accounts already.  Wouldn't it be better to just sell, and move on never revisiting threads JUST to see who still waits around, or if anything new developed? (this isn't directed at one particular person)

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:20:33 AM

What the hell! WTB LTCGear accounts. Please PM me with offers. Curious what is out there now. Thanks!
5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:27:28 AM

To pay shipping please send 0.46180000 BTC to Bitcoin address...

Thats a lot shipping! I hope it´s not a way to suck more BTC out of the people....

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:38:11 AM

Thats a lot shipping! I hope it´s not a way to suck more BTC out of the people....

How many machines would that have to be for?
Totscha

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:58:51 AM

How many machines would that have to be for?

I'd guess 1. I've got 0.80020000 BTC for 1 unit.

Not sure why he's using people traveling in 1st class to ship these...
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 »
  Print  

Jump to: