Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:20:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MID]MidasCoin|New Scrypt PoM|Backed Value|ATM card|Referral|NO IPO|UNIQUE  (Read 63926 times)
MidasAlchemist

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:21:02 AM

Hey everyone, I’m part of the team and will be handling some of the community PR. I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the project!

When and where can I get some Midas?

Hi there,

You'll have to wait for the launch on 7th September, then you can mine MidasCoin at MidasPool.com with Scrypt hardware.
Following this, once we have an exchange, you can also buy MidasCoin there (this will come further after the launch).
You should contact bittrex. https://bittrex.com

This project looks very promising. Will be following!

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll be contacting a number of exchanges to secure an initial listing.
coinifurus

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:24:03 AM

Sounds good! This is right up my ally. I used to collect gold bullion and krugerrands. Well, until the wife wanted a new house and I had to cash in on my stash.  Roll Eyes
biohammer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:24:27 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 03:41:30 AM by biohammer

In case of an attack against the network, the Proof Of Mining system will automatically detect the takeover attempt, driving the necessary hashpower to the block generation node, for all the time needed to null the attack.

This is a completely flawed concept.

Let's say your PoM network has a total of 10ghash/s. In order for PoM to be making money though, they are only dedicating 1ghash/s to the midas network. And let's say an attacker has 2 ghash/s, so they have better than a 50% attack, they have a 100% attack and can make themselves the legitimate chain at will.

The attacker sends money to an exchange at block 1000 and cashes out to bitcoin/fiat. The attacker then uses his 2ghash/s to mint a blockchain twice as powerful as the legitimate 1ghash/s chain. He mines until block 2000, privately. He does not give any way for his double spending fork to be discovered. His chain is twice as powerful as the legit chain. So, now he broadcasts it. IT gets relatively instantly accepted as the legit chain. If the PoM pool kicked in and started using all 10ghash/s to bring the network back to legit status, it would not instantly flip back to legit status. It would take a series of hours or even days of mining to overcome the other chain. (about 10 times less time than the attacker took. So, if the attacker 2ghash/s mined blocks for 10 days, the legit chain with 10ghash/s would take 2 days to become more powerful). During this day, they could have their double spent coins go to another transaction and spend things again. Also, anyone else could do the same. Send coins to an exchange, cash out, then wait for the legit fork to undo that transaction.

The entire idea is one of the most terrible and ill thought out things I've heard in quite some time. I understand the intentions, but it's not possible. At all. It actually makes double spending significantly easier.

Earlz has proven himself time and time again to be very well respected coder and if he says it cant work and is flawed all should take this seriously.   So this must be addressed first.

Secondly  you say the the coin will be backed by 20000 grams of gold at launch.   So that's 643 + troy ounces of gold or somewhere in the area of $828,974 at the time of this post.    Will you be providing any sort of proof that you have that kind of funding available to fund this project?  You say its in a safety deposit box?   It could just be a shoe in the safety deposit box.   

Thirdly  im not sure I understand how this works?   You say people who mine Midas will have the hash they provide redirected and I guess you will mine other coins with that hash power.   The only way this could fund your project is if mining other coins would be more valuable than  mining Midas directly.    That means we would all be better off mining other coins and buying the lower value Midas  as it can not be the other way around.      Please clarify this.

rhader

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:33:34 AM

Hey everyone, I’m part of the team and will be handling some of the community PR. I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the project!

Hi there,

You'll have to wait for the launch on 7th September, then you can mine MidasCoin at MidasPool.com with Scrypt hardware.
Following this, once we have an exchange, you can also buy MidasCoin there (this will come further after the launch).

Thank you for the response. It seems that your plan would likely produce an advantage to those who choose to mine the coin once the exchange is out?
nicemycoin

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:51:55 AM

submited:   http://support.midaspay.io/helpdesk/tickets/6    reply to it plz.

email sent too.
scott0577

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:56:42 AM

Following. Good luck Dev
MidasAlchemist

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 04:14:15 AM

In case of an attack against the network, the Proof Of Mining system will automatically detect the takeover attempt, driving the necessary hashpower to the block generation node, for all the time needed to null the attack.

This is a completely flawed concept.

Let's say your PoM network has a total of 10ghash/s. In order for PoM to be making money though, they are only dedicating 1ghash/s to the midas network. And let's say an attacker has 2 ghash/s, so they have better than a 50% attack, they have a 100% attack and can make themselves the legitimate chain at will.

The attacker sends money to an exchange at block 1000 and cashes out to bitcoin/fiat. The attacker then uses his 2ghash/s to mint a blockchain twice as powerful as the legitimate 1ghash/s chain. He mines until block 2000, privately. He does not give any way for his double spending fork to be discovered. His chain is twice as powerful as the legit chain. So, now he broadcasts it. IT gets relatively instantly accepted as the legit chain. If the PoM pool kicked in and started using all 10ghash/s to bring the network back to legit status, it would not instantly flip back to legit status. It would take a series of hours or even days of mining to overcome the other chain. (about 10 times less time than the attacker took. So, if the attacker 2ghash/s mined blocks for 10 days, the legit chain with 10ghash/s would take 2 days to become more powerful). During this day, they could have their double spent coins go to another transaction and spend things again. Also, anyone else could do the same. Send coins to an exchange, cash out, then wait for the legit fork to undo that transaction.

The entire idea is one of the most terrible and ill thought out things I've heard in quite some time. I understand the intentions, but it's not possible. At all. It actually makes double spending significantly easier.

Earlz has proven himself time and time again to be very well respected coder and if he says it cant work and is flawed all should take this seriously.   So this must be addressed first.

Secondly  you say the the coin will be backed by 20000 grams of gold at launch.   So that's 643 + troy ounces of gold or somewhere in the area of $828,974 at the time of this post.    Will you be providing any sort of proof that you have that kind of funding available to fund this project?  You say its in a safety deposit box?   It could just be a shoe in the safety deposit box.   

Thirdly  im not sure I understand how this works?   You say people who mine Midas will have the hash they provide redirected and I guess you will mine other coins with that hash power.   The only way this could fund your project is if mining other coins would be more valuable than  mining Midas directly.    That means we would all be better off mining other coins and buying the lower value Midas  as it can not be the other way around.      Please clarify this.

Hello,

I'm going to answer your paragraphs in order.

1. As mentioned already, we've escalated the query to our lead developer.

2. This will be addressed at a later time and proof that this initial investment exists.

3. This is not entirely correct. We will indeed redirect hashpower to a blockchain of choice, however this does not dictate that mining the same blockchain that we do will give the same value to you as a miner, because coins of those blockchains are not backed by a guaranteed value like MidasCoin is.

Secondly, our revenue also comes from the transaction tax on the coin.

I hope this information was satisfactory.

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. It seems that your plan would likely produce an advantage to those who choose to mine the coin once the exchange is out?

The people that mine MidasCoin on day 1 will be at the most advantage, they will have gotten it at it's "cheapest", which is the starting value. By the time an exchange is available it's backed value would have already grown. By how much so is dependant on the hash rate of MidasPool, and how quickly MidasCoin can reach an exchange.

submited:   http://support.midaspay.io/helpdesk/tickets/6    reply to it plz.

email sent too.

Thank you, a member of the team will get round to answering as soon as possible.
nicemycoin

Activity: 599

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 04:21:05 AM

Link directly MidasPool.com.http://www.midaspool.com/ref/25    (use my ref,get extra coins,contact me when you start to mine.)
If your need more information, link to MidasCoin.io site. http://www.midascoin.io/ref/25
Coincoin256

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:24:37 AM

I'll be watching this closely.
biohammer

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:23:40 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 06:35:25 AM by biohammer

Thanks for answering my questions.

Two more come to mind.
Is the Midas Coin going to be OPEN SOURCE?
What is the intended starting value of Midas coin since it is backed by a commodity?

syfare

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:31:47 AM

Nice idea, will be looking forward to it
MidasCoin (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:22:02 AM

Thanks for answering my questions.

Two more come to mind.
Is the Midas Coin going to be OPEN SOURCE?
What is the intended starting value of Midas coin since it is backed by a commodity?

Completely open source.

We believe in open source also as a way for our project to grow for common benefits.

Regards
MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:28:22 AM

Sounds good! This is right up my ally. I used to collect gold bullion and krugerrands. Well, until the wife wanted a new house and I had to cash in on my stash.  Roll Eyes

Welcome to the family Smiley

Don't forget to check out our referral system, in case you want to buy a second house
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2044
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:30:30 AM

Hmmmm, gold is always a good investment
MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 11:48:50 AM

Hmmmm, gold is always a good investment

Yes, it has ever been Smiley

But in case people prefer straight cash, our financial partnership with the "Prepaid financial services" group, leader in prepaid financial solutions, will allow us to fulfill every user need.

As we stated on our social channels "From mining to the ATM withdrawal, we take care of all your needs. MidasCoin is a currency you can mine for eternity."
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:03:40 PM

Announcement really looks impressive. I will keep an eye on this one
waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:20:17 PM

i will be watching this coin , i hope this is not another scam ...

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:22:00 PM

Also hoping it's not scam.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:42:35 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 01:07:55 PM by MidasCoin

Also hoping it's not scam.
i will be watching this coin , i hope this is not another scam ...

All the information are clearly stated in the post and everyone can make it's own opinion.

The fact that we  realized this venture only with PRIVATE venture capital, without any IPO or premine should be enough for avoid any possible scam mention, but if not yet enough...

...get a Midascoin Debit Card, put it into the ATM, and  if the ATM give you money, well, anything else to say? Wink

*After the release, will be published the date and location of the first MidasCoin public meeting, probably in London.  All our guests will receive a MidasCoin debit card for free.

Stay Tuned
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

20 KG of GOLD.. YEA SURE
Post proof of ownership of this gold

in fact give us all your registerered LTD info (assuming you really are soime british LTD)

Unless you have this, I am going to say SCAM.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: