Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MID]MidasCoin|New Scrypt PoM|Backed Value|ATM card|Referral|NO IPO|UNIQUE  (Read 63925 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:51:34 AM

Only a few hours left before launch, this is getting really exciting  Cheesy Unfortunately it looks like my asic won't get here in time  Undecided
No biggie though, I'm definitely renting some hash for this one. Happy mining everyone!  Grin

Mining compatibility with x11/x13 and sha256
We can use sha256 during the start or is it still in development?

I don't think it'll be available at launch. Check op. I could be wrong though.
MidasCoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:23:10 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 10:37:42 AM by MidasCoin

just received an email about this coins launch in 20 hours

was wondering how you guys got my email address?

Hello,

Midas Payment Ltd has collected the the opt-in list through their websites, pool, and additional services (like faucet, etc), directly or indirectly managed.

Personal data are managed accordingly to the privacy policy http://midaspay.io/privacy-policy/
and is possible to unsubscribe with 1 click from the newsletter.

We invite you to stay subscribed, cause we are launching our "Promotional voucher services", that will allow merchant to offer MidasCoin voucher to their customers, and we need to test it on the battlefield.

Here an example of a voucher code:
http://cryptotrends.info/CryptoMux/voucher/?secret=dec2dcff872a80aa5b5f7932b0f0d19ab1374116

We don't want to force anyone to receive our newsletter, but on the next Weekly newsletter everyone (no matter if joined on the pool, the coin website, as a merchant, or external service) will receive a Midascoin voucher, instantly redeemable for MidasCoin.

Stay tuned, stay subscribed!
MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:38:37 AM

Mining compatibility with x11/x13 and sha256
We can use sha256 during the start or is it still in development?

Actually is ONLY scrypt mining.

Team is working for add multi-algo mining, but ETA is not before 45 days.

Regards
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:49:18 AM

Hello MidasCoin, thank you for the detailed OP.

I do have some questions, tho.

1) Why didn't you made a new algo, ASIC resistant, in order to keep mining available to everyone?

2) What are your thoughts about centralization of mining power?

3) Can we know who the MidasCoin Team is?

4) And finally, how did you get my email? Smiley

Thanks,
Mega

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:58:21 AM

Hello MidasCoin, thank you for the detailed OP.

I do have some questions, tho.

Thanks,
Mega

1) Why didn't you made a new algo, ASIC resistant, in order to keep mining available to everyone?

Our thought is exactly the opposite, we think that with the approach of Asic to the public, moving the main currency on new aglos is an attempt to kept em "less available" to everyone, and more "suitable" for grey financial schemes.

2) What are your thoughts about centralization of mining power?

In our case, centralizing mining power allow us to offer backed  and guaranteed currency value, the referral system, 0% mining fee, merchant platform, and a lot of upcoming features. People may like it or not, but our offer is clear

3) Can we know who the MidasCoin Team is?

http://midaspay.io/the-golden-squad/

4) And finally, how did you get my email? Smiley

I remand for this to another reply, that inform about the matter:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760755.msg8711852#msg8711852

Thanks for your interest!
mega

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:20:08 AM

Thank you for your answers and congratulations on your team.

I don't have any ASIC equipment. I do have around 3Mh/s rig, but I'm guessing that 5 minutes after launch, my hashrate will be insignificant and not profitable to mine. So I'm wondering how's that being more available to everyone.  Undecided

You may find hard to tell, but Im kind of anti-ASIC type of person  Grin

In your opinion, what's good about ASIC's and is a good idea allow them in the cryptocurrencies? I mean, I'm loving the concept of Midas, but still, I found ASIC's just evil. Tongue

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:23:16 AM

Midas Payment Ltd has collected the the opt-in list through their websites, pool, and additional services (like faucet, etc), directly or indirectly managed.

Where can we subscribe to the list, can't find it anywhere?...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:32:50 AM

I don't have any ASIC equipment. I do have around 3Mh/s rig, but I'm guessing that 5 minutes after launch, my hashrate will be insignificant and not profitable to mine. So I'm wondering how's that being more available to everyone.  Undecided

In your opinion, what's good about ASIC's and is a good idea allow them in the cryptocurrencies? I mean, I'm loving the concept of Midas, but still, I found ASIC's just evil. Tongue

You think everyone has GPU rigs?  Why?  More people own ASIC than gpu rigs.  If you wan't to mine something that is anti-asic...go mine x13 or x15 coin.

ASICS are only made because it is worth the money to produce them.  It makes a network more secure and shows that the algorithm has confidence in the long term.  You think a company like GAWminers would produce an ASIC for an algorithm that is going to die?  No, they make an ASIC for an algorithm that is proven and is going to be around for a long time.

ASICS are only evil to the people who refuse to invest in them.  A coin will NEVER be mass adopted if the coin is only mined by GPU's.  You think millions of dollars are going to be invested in a coin when only people with dedicated GPU rigs can mine them?  Are you totally insane?

My final point...what coins do you know of that claim to be 'anti-asic'?  Vertcoin is one...how is that coin doing?  What other full Proof of Work coin that is 'anti-asic' that is doing well?  None.

mega

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:49:38 AM

You think everyone has GPU rigs?  Why?  More people own ASIC than gpu rigs.  If you wan't to mine something that is anti-asic...go mine x13 or x15 coin.

ASICS are only made because it is worth the money to produce them.  It makes a network more secure and shows that the algorithm has confidence in the long term.  You think a company like GAWminers would produce an ASIC for an algorithm that is going to die?  No, they make an ASIC for an algorithm that is proven and is going to be around for a long time.

ASICS are only evil to the people who refuse to invest in them.  A coin will NEVER be mass adopted if the coin is only mined by GPU's.  You think millions of dollars are going to be invested in a coin when only people with dedicated GPU rigs can mine them?  Are you totally insane?

My final point...what coins do you know of that claim to be 'anti-asic'?  Vertcoin is one...how is that coin doing?  What other full Proof of Work coin that is 'anti-asic' that is doing well?  None.

Thank you for you thoughts.
But I cant agree with you when you say asics are important because they help to secure the network. Gpu's could easily do it too. I dislike asics fisrt because they're expensive and not everyone can afford them and that eliminates a bunch of people from the game. People buy gpu for a variety of things (gaming, working, etc) asics dont.
Asic manufactures dont sell them fairly. They pre order them and, in my opinion, sell them after its paid of. Again, not fair in my opinion.
Asic centralize the power of many in the hands of few. Not fair, once again. When LTC was born, was meant to do just that. Unfortunately LTC team didn't had the courage to make the changes. You probably know about this.
I don't think I'm insane, I might think different from you, but its my opinion.

nicemycoin

Activity: 599

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:55:55 AM

Link directly MidasCoin Pool   http://www.midaspool.com/ref/25
(use my ref,get additional at least 1% mining rewards,PM me when you start mining.)
I am the promotor of Chinese team also the only admin of the QQ group of the MidasCoin.you can trust me.
Chinese: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763982.0    I made the Chinese translation too.
MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:56:10 AM

Where can we subscribe to the list, can't find it anywhere?...

http://midasnewsletter.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

Anyway, if you are already registered on the pool, or websites, you will be automatically put in the newsletter.

Thanks for your appreciation.

Don't forget that scrypt hashpower is also cheaper to rent on services like betarigs and nicehash.  This make actually Scrypt accessible even for people that doesn't own a rig at all, making it a fair choice.

The discussion is interesting but unfortunately we can't collaborate further to the "ethic about asic topic", today only guaranteed support is technical support.

Community and relational support will be reinstated 12 hours after the launch.   Meanwhile, if you want action, join our #midascoin channel on freenode, and maybe catch some flying bounty Wink
mega

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:57:39 AM

Thank you and sorry. Will do.

MidasCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 12:19:06 PM

Thank you and sorry. Will do.

There is absolutely nothing to apologize by your side.

You are welcome to ask and discuss whatever you want, whenever you want.

I just pointed out that tomorrow we have very short time that can be dedicated to  community relationship  Cool
halicarton

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:31:09 PM

(use my ref,get additional at least 1% mining rewards,PM me when you start mining.)
I am the promotor of Chinese team also the only admin of the QQ group of the MidasCoin.you can trust me.
Chinese: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763982.0    I made the Chinese translation too.

thank for your refer   Grin it's  nice to receive more coins of course.

............It's never late to buy BTC for $1.........
........Services-backed cryptocurrency of $1 000 000 000 000 market .........
...........PRE ICO            Sep.27 – Oct.04............
       ............ICO            Oct.10 – Nov.07............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

nonocoin

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:51:53 PM

thank for your refer   Grin it's  nice to receive more coins of course.
how to mine this coin? just asic?does HD card more inefficiency?

███ ███ ███    WMCoin ▮▮▮▮▮   - Real Games Accepted - High Rewards Signature Campaign
                                <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ >>   ███ ███ ███
familycoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:57:44 PM

A coin will NEVER be mass adopted if the coin is only mined by GPU's.  agree!
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:06:14 PM

Well my asics are already pointed and awaiting a live stratum

BINTEX