Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I visited BFL, any questions ?  (Read 14832 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:29:19 AM

Mem, if you don't want to believe what he says, that's fine.  That's your choice, entirely.  The rest of us, however, do not need scientific proof to believe that they are a legitimate company.  At some point, "good enough" comes into play...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:59:20 AM

Mem, if you don't want to believe what he says, that's fine.  That's your choice, entirely.  The rest of us, however, do not need scientific proof to believe that they are a legitimate company.  At some point, "good enough" comes into play...

Wow - I have some bridges to sell you buddy Smiley
This is each individuals choice, if are to base your decision on a "trust me" so be it.

When I clicked on this thread, like most others I was hoping for more substance than "I spent $$$ and trust them you should too".

We have a few key members here adamant that it is legit (and I hope it is) but the same members absolutely refuse to provide any substantial evidence.

BFL at this point in time is completely unverified with some rather dodgy history, ie lying about delivery times for over 6 months and still continuing to do so.

There is no certainty, it is purely a leap of faith - its disappointing to see that people in this thread cannot grasp that others will not blindly follow simply because they believe (*gasp* free thinking individuals !!!).

This thread is here for people to ask any questions from someone who has been to BFL, it seems when people actually do ask questions they are just short of attacked and riddiculed for not having blind faith.

I dont have faith, but I do have hope. Im hoping for substance.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:13:39 AM

Seriously Mem... what the fuck are you talking about?  If my credibility is not good enough, then what, exactly, is? 

I was doing the bitcoin thing long before BFL was even an idea.  I created one of the earlier pools from scratch and have run it honestly and openly from day one.  Thousands of people have trusted me with tens of thousands of bitcoins, and somehow you, with 104 posts, have more credibility to make pronouncements about a subject you apparently know little to nothing about?

On the other hand, we have me, who is an established member of the forums, a top pool operator and regular contributor here who has not only spoken to several individuals at BFL by email, phone and in person, but has also worked with BFL to debug early revs of the single, before anyone even believed it exists telling you what I've seen, etc...

Then, on top of that, we have BFL, who has demonstrated a viable product and shipped hundreds of units... all of this someone in your little mind qualifies as "Completely unverified with some rather dodgy history?"  Seriously?  What. The. Fuck.  What more do you want, exactly?  Jesus to tapdance into your room one night, ass rape you, and tell you that BFL is real and shipping a product?  I'm curious... seriously.  What is adequate for you?

You need to go back and reassess not only yourself, but also your definitions of "certainty," "leap of faith," and "completely."  Those words mean things, and the definitions you've assigned to them exist solely in your head and are not shared by the rest of the world.  That makes you the one who's "completely" wrong.

People like you have tried to paint me with the fanboy brush in the past, and it's just as ludicrous now as it was then.  I am no fanboy, I tell you exactly what I see and know from first hand experience.  If I'm unsure of something, I've said so.  If I disagree with something, I've said so.  But the thing is, my experience in both software and hardware development, coupled with the fact that I have owned and run a number of small businesses in the past gives me an apparently unique perspective compared to 99.9% of the people who post here - I know what it's like to start up a business.  I know what it's like to deal with customers, especially when you are short staffed. I also know what it's like to design a product from the ground up.  All the "dodgy" things you bitch about or try to hang your hat on are normal parts of running an unestablished business.  Some of them are errors, some of them are problems, that is true... but these types of things happen to nearly every business that has wild success in the beginning without expecting it.  Hell, these things happen to just about any business in the beginning. 

You know nothing.  Stop typing until you learn at least some basic facts, because it's clear you have none.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 03:32:56 AM

Seriously Mem... what the fuck are you talking about?  If my credibility is not good enough, then what, exactly, is?  

Calm down children, for starters not throwing e-tantrums when your baseless claims are questioned is a good way to get some credibility.

have more credibility to make pronouncements about a subject you apparently know little to nothing about?

No, please do not attempt to side step this argument.
You do not have proof, you may or may not have some credibility with the community in certain areas. This does not make your word gospel.

What is adequate for you?

A unit being demonstrated on a video for a group of people known to the community.
Again you do not seem to understand the difference being a logical conclusion and faith.

Those words mean things, and the definitions you've assigned to them exist solely in your head ~~snip~~ childish pathetic e-tantrum continues without going anywhere.

I challenge you to prove any flaws in my use of the definitions instead of throwing this childish tantrum.

I have owned and run a number of small businesses in the past gives me an apparently unique perspective compared to 99.9% of the people who post here - I know what it's like to start up a business.
Good for you, is there some kind of award you are expecting ?

I have also been involved in start ups and successfully started my own business and ran it for 5 years before selling to take an easier career path. This should have 0 weight on my argument as I do not know you personally so you would be required to have a leap of faith in my claims.

Im certain many forum members have also had similar success or do software engineering (me) or hardware engineering etc etc etc.
Spouting these claims without proof to boost your authority again just seems childish and immature.

All the "dodgy" things you bitch about or try to hang your hat on are normal parts of running an unestablished business.
Blatantly lying and continuing to lie about expected delivery times for over 6 months is not BAU for any respectable company. If you truly were a professional you would know this. Contracts are terminated in my field for much less.

You know nothing.  Stop typing until you learn at least some basic facts, because it's clear you have none.

I challenge you to do 2 things:

1) produce 1 fact regarding BFL that can be verified and carries some weight.

2) Grow the fuck up, stop screeching and swearing on the forums because people dared to question your claims. Frankly any respect you may have earned from me is lost due to the extremely childish and unprofessional way you handle yourself.
I wouldnt enter into business with someone that throws tantrums when people do not blindly agree with their unfounded claims.

3rd optional challenge:

3) Attempt a civil debate, respond with founded claims or STFU. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the definition of a debate so you know  to keep your assumptions out if it.

Good day sir.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 04:05:59 AM

Calm down children, for starters not throwing e-tantrums when your baseless claims are questioned is a good way to get some credibility.

The only one making baseless claims here is you, sparky.  You're the one throwing a tantrum because BFL won't ship you a unit in a week.

have more credibility to make pronouncements about a subject you apparently know little to nothing about?

No, please do not attempt to side step this argument.
You do not have proof, you may or may not have some credibility with the community in certain areas. This does not make your word gospel.

You are the one sidestepping the argument.  You next quote proves as much.

What is adequate for you?

A unit being demonstrated on a video for a group of people known to the community.
Again you do not seem to understand the difference being a logical conclusion and faith.

Been done several times.  Gigavps posted a video. I believe at least one other person did.  I have a good number of units running in my basement as do hundreds of other people.  What, exactly, qualifies as a "group of people" and why does it need to be a "group?"

Stop sidestepping the issue.  What proof is adequate?  I had assumed that it would go without saying that the proof you require hadn't already been provided numerous times, but apparently you're too stupid to figure that fact out, so I will spell it out for you:  What is adequate proof that has not already been provided in the past?

I challenge you to prove any flaws in my use of the definitions instead of throwing this childish tantrum and attack.

No problem, hambone, here you:

"certainty" - definition: Without a doubt.  Unquestionable.  Unable to be disputed. 

Lets looks at your contextual use of the word:

There is no certainty

It is indisputable that BFL has produced a product that hashes ~800 MH/s at ~80w.  It is indisputable that BFL has shipped many of these units.  It is indisputable, without a a doubt and completely unquestionable that these units exist in the real world, operate and are being sold.  Ergo, your use of the word and by extension your definition of the word is wrong. 

"leap of faith": Definition - accept a premise without evidence or confirmation.

Let's look at your contextual use of the phrase:

it is purely a leap of faith

Since we have already established that these devices exist, that they are being sold and that they perform as currently advertised it can not be a "leap of faith" since there is evidence and confirmation.  Ergo, your use of the phrase, and by extension your definition of the phrase is wrong.

"completely" - Definition - Totally, utterly, wholly, fully, entirely.

Let's look at your contextual use of the word:

BFL at this point in time is completely unverified

Since we have already established that these devices exist, and we have already established that people have visited the offices, since we have already established that many, many people have been in communications with BFL, since we have already established that these devices have been sold and shipped, the company is at least partially verified (most would say it is completely verified, but lets not split hairs.)  Ergo, your use of the word and by extension your definition of the word is completely and utterly (wholly if you will) wrong.

So there you have it, hambone.  You are certainly wrong; Completely and utterly.  In a word, you sir are an idiot.

Good for you, is there some kind of award you are expecting ?

Yes, the award I was expecting was for you to be able to understand basic communication of the fact that my experience in the very subject being discussed puts me in a unique position to assess performance of the subject at hand.  Apparently I thought too highly of your cognitive skills.

I have also been involved in start ups and successfully started my own business and ran it for 5 years before selling to take an easier career path. This should have 0 weight on my argument as I do not know you personally so you would be required to have a leap of faith in my claims.

You are absolutely correct. But the difference between me and you is I have the respect, history and track record with this community and of this community to allow me to make a claim that carries some weight simply due to my credibility within this context.  You, on the other hand, have none of the above, yet you are making claims and pronouncements like you have some authority in the matter, when you have neither the history or track record to back it up, nor have you actually ever communicated with or visited BFL.  Basically you have nothing to back up your claims, whereas I have both the historical record of my activities here and the photographic and physical evidence of my visits to BFL.

Im certain many forum members have also had similar success or do software engineering (me) or hardware engineering etc etc etc.
Spouting these claims without proof to boost your authority again just seems childish and immature.

Really?  So how is one suppose to establish that they are an authority in a particular subject area?  Do tell, I am all ears.  You've proven to be so intelligent so far, I'm sure you'll have a gem here, too.

Blatantly lying and continuing to lie about expected delivery times for over 6 months is not BAU for any respectable company. If you truly were a professional you would know this. Contracts are terminated in my field for much less.

That's all you've got?  They miss their shipping times?  Seriously, that's it?  I've never defended their shipping estimates and I agree that they are, as currently performed, out of line.  However, that does not make them "completely unverified" nor does engender "no certainly, purely a leap of faith."  Generally, the majority of the people who have orders in are aware that there's the likely possibility of not getting their unit in six weeks, but they all believe they will eventually get it (otherwise why would they order?) - so your argument completely falls apart at this point (like it wasn't already a train wreck to begin with, I'm being generous... cause I'm magnanimous like that, yo.). 

So your entire diatribe is because they miss their ship dates (and continue to miss them) - like I said, the words you use do not mean what everyone else agrees they mean.  They only have meaning in your head.

Done.

2) Grow the fuck up, stop screeching and swearing on the forums because people dared to question your claims. Frankly any respect you may have earned from me is lost due to the extremely childish and unprofessional way you handle yourself.

Respect from a troll like you is pretty low on my priority list.  Trust me, I won't lose any sleep over it.  I'm not "screeching", though I am swearing... but only because I am absolutely incredulous that someone can be as ignorant as you and still able to use the internet.  Seriously, I wonder how you are able to even find the on switch on your computer, since it's questionable that you can even feed yourself or interact with society in a meaningful manner - you apparently have a worldview that is not shared by anyone else, so how do you function within society when your view contradicts that of everyone around you?  It is truly a mystery.

I wouldnt enter into business with someone that throws tantrums when people do not blindly agree with their unfounded claims.

And I wouldn't enter into business with someone who is unable to even understand basic English.

3) Attempt a civil debate, respond with founded claims or STFU. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the definition of a debate so you know  to keep your assumptions out if it.

I suggest you do the same, since you can't follow your own advice. 

tl;dr:  Sorry for the wall of text, but I figure I'd respond in kind to your stupidity.  What you mistake for "screeching " and a "tantrum" is the fact that I type 120wpm and can whip off a 1500 word missive in the time it takes most people to type a few sentences. The bottom line is, your entire argument is based around the fact that BFL misses their shipping date and you throw around claims and pronouncements that are just plain lies, all hinging solely on the fact that they have not historically actually shipped in 6 weeks.  That is literally your entire argument and it is incredibly flimsy, disingenuous and basically just a bunch of lies.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:41:49 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 07:23:36 AM by mem

Since we have already established that these devices exist, and we have already established that people have visited the offices, since we have already established that many, many people have been in communications with BFL, since we have already established that these devices have been sold and shipped, the company is at least partially verified (most would say it is completely verified, but lets not split hairs.)

Ok so you have back stepping from an absolute to almost.
The more devices out in the wild at different locations the less likely it is to be a long con.

Its a shame I had to wade through so many of your tantrums to get to something resembling a discussion.

Yes, the award I was expecting was for you to be able to understand basic communication of the fact that my experience in the very subject being discussed puts me in a unique position to assess performance of the subject at hand.  Apparently I thought too highly of your cognitive skills.

Opps back to being a child again, this is disappointing.
Let me reiterate that point - your claims mean nothing without proof and as you cannot prove them to me or the people requesting it you should stop putting them forward. Maybe you are just to stupid and or arrogant to have structured conversation and or debate.

You are absolutely correct. But the difference between me and you is I have the respect
You do not, you have deluded yourself into thinking you do.
Anyway Its not my place to argue with your ego, but consider this.

You get respect - you dont run around like a child demanding it and telling people you have it.
"if" you had any, it would be obvious but carry on, this is extremely entertaining if nothing else.

Really?  So how is one suppose to establish that they are an authority in a particular subject area?  Do tell, I am all ears.  You've proven to be so intelligent so far, I'm sure you'll have a gem here, too.
They are called citations, extensively used in all fields to verify authority on the subject matter - wikipedia would be the best example if you need some study matter.

They miss their shipping times?  

Yes they lied and are continuing to lie to clients. I and all adults in the business world have a problem with a company that does this.

so your argument completely falls apart at this point
My argument and stance  that they lie to clients is as rock solid as ever - you even agreed with it.
My argument has substance and is easy to verify by checking their website.

Poor attempt to side step the core point, but this is what id expect from you now.

the words you use do not mean what everyone else agrees they mean.  They only have meaning in your head.
Pathetic, seriously grow up. I wont debate definitions with a child that insists on re-interpreting every argument presented so they can ignore  the core (and very obvious issue). The dictionary agrees with me and an egotistical swearing tantrum throwing forum member disagrees - I wont lose any sleep.

Must of missed that 1 fact inside your wall of crys.

I'm not "screeching", though I am swearing
Again we disagree on definitions. If you are an adult you should be embarassed by the lack of self control, composure and maturity you demonstrate.

Seriously, I wonder how you are able to even find the on switch on your computer
I am a Senior Unix Systems Administrator for ~14 years now. I can verify this with anyone that requires my services.
Again, more substance less tantrums please.

And I wouldn't enter into business with someone who is unable to even understand basic English.
Truly childish - substance or stfu please.

I suggest you do the same, since you can't follow your own advice.
Dude, really ? you are going to stoop the the level of "No you shut up" when asked to be civil.
You dont see me swearing, ranting, calling bullshit, insulting etc - All I have done is disagree.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I figure I'd respond in kind to your stupidity.
Ahh more insults, its a good last resort when you are stuck arguing your beliefs vs critical thinking.

The bottom line is, your entire argument is based around the fact that BFL misses their shipping date and you throw around claims and pronouncements that are just plain lies
Unlike BFL I have not lied in this entire discussion.
You have constantly lied, purposefully misinterpreted and side stepped. You are either an idiot or are involved in a long con.

I thought you had calmed down but it seems you are mentally incapable of being challenged and handling it in a civil and mature fashion. Id suggest seeking help on that as it will severely impact any future you may have as a business owner.

I was hoping you may have finally put out something more substantial but alas - just a wall of crys.

I shall continue waiting to see if more people receive and confirm them as working as said, the more out in the wild being demonstrated the more unlikely it is to be a con.

I dont want to argue back and forth unless we are making progress but we are not.

I can tell you will scream and screech down anyone that dares question the almighty BFL - So there is no point, it would be like arguing the existence of God with a fanatic.

You seem to think its perfectly fine for a company to lie to clients repeatedly and consistently - I and many many others do not.

You think you are a big deal on teh scene, that you have credibility and deserve and have respect ..... LOL  Tongue (not for the entire scene my deluded idiot, but quite possibly for the section you service).

I want BFL to be real and not a con - still waiting to see, Im sorry that a random dickheads assurance is not enough for myself.

If BFL wanted me and all others to stop questioning their claims now, the easiest way would be to ship a BFL as a review unit to a credible site, eg tomshardware.

Good luck, I hope you have managed to calm down and please see a shrink about your inability to handle confrontations.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:54:42 AM

Wow - I have some bridges to sell you buddy Smiley
This is each individuals choice, if are to base your decision on a "trust me" so be it.

When I clicked on this thread, like most others I was hoping for more substance than "I spent $$$ and trust them you should too".

We have a few key members here adamant that it is legit (and I hope it is) but the same members absolutely refuse to provide any substantial evidence.

BFL at this point in time is completely unverified with some rather dodgy history, ie lying about delivery times for over 6 months and still continuing to do so.

There is no certainty, it is purely a leap of faith - its disappointing to see that people in this thread cannot grasp that others will not blindly follow simply because they believe (*gasp* free thinking individuals !!!).

This thread is here for people to ask any questions from someone who has been to BFL, it seems when people actually do ask questions they are just short of attacked and riddiculed for not having blind faith.

I dont have faith, but I do have hope. Im hoping for substance.
Like I said, you're welcome to believe what you want to believe.  When I see 50 different people posting on the forum that they have received their BFL miners, along with photos and videos of the miners, as well as talking to Sonny on the phone myself, it is more than enough "proof" for me.  If it's not enough for you, that's fine.  Keep believing that they are a long con.  I'll let you know when I get my miners.  Wink
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 06:43:24 AM

Wow,someone's a hater Cheesy

I believe in BFL,guess I'm next on the list Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:06:41 AM

Wow,someone's a hater Cheesy

I believe in BFL,guess I'm next on the list Tongue

Im Not a hater, just a skeptic Smiley but label me whatever you want to console your wounded feelings.
It certainly seems to be how other people here handle disagreement.

If I have said or done something to indicate i "hate" BFL as opposed to being skeptical of their company then I am sorry that was not the intention nor do I remember making any such statements.

Id love to see them churning out BFL's, I'll be ordering 10 if/when they start shipping in a reasonable time frame.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:19:35 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 07:40:12 AM by mem

Keep believing that they are a long con.  I'll let you know when I get my miners.  Wink

Please do let me know, especially the delay in shipping.

I did not state "it is" a long con, just that it is quite possible. Being familiar with large scale scams in my industry I can say  that ~50 people is an extremely easy number to fake (but getting more and more unlikely given the histories of the posters).

So as I said (people seem to love restating my intentions for some reason) I shall hold off until satisfied and I shall continue to voice any concerns I may have.

If Inaba decides to have a psychotic break each time he sees an concern or opinion he doesn't care for - again that is his choice to do so, though given his inability to conduct himself maturely I wont bother engaging.  He is an completely angry fool that is for certain (seriously what but hurt child even bothers trying to twist these definitions ffs).
Worse he does not argue at face value but twists statements to suite his retorts which has the result of 0 productivity when attempting to resolve disputes.
Id imagine you would  need an umbrella and earplugs to argue with him in person   Tongue

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:39:29 AM

[...] Blah blah blah, yap yap yap [...]

The problem is, you're talking out of your ass.  You may not realize it, but the rest of us do.
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:41:40 AM

I wish I had something smart to say, but I dont so instead I'll insult you and agree with my boyfriend

ssssh my butt hurt little friend, if you want to argue with the adults you need to state your case.
The short version: Substance & civility - Share your opinions but dont use them as your argument base Wink

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:06:07 AM

Sounds like someone is also "spoiled".I want what I want & I want it now.

Sometimes the world dosen't give us what we want,when we want it,it's called Patience.

BTW,don't bother with BFL,they ARE a scam.(I need time to get my orders before he does Wink)

Keep posting,I'm bored Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Andrey

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:08:43 AM

my 2 cents:

BFL credibility for the person who visited the BFL offices and for those whom that person tells stories are 2 very different matters. Especially if those who visit keep telling almost nothing about what they've seen.

Besides the shipping date lies there is also:
- sanded markings on chips, while BFL said they are using custom built chips(?). It won't qualify as lie but still does not add to credibility.
- "monte carlo calculation support", which is announced, but you can't use it without paying unknown amount to butterfly for "custom solution"
- bad links on drivers page

Also. Lets believe forum members who got BFL singles or were in the office. What is confirmed from these 2 threads:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77796.0;all
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76916.0;all

43 singles shipped
232 ordered

7 mini rigs ordered

That is about $246000 received by BFL.

With only 43 singles shipped that gives very wide possibilities for scam. Even if each single shipped costs BFL $3000 to build and ship, they still have about $117000 to run with. That is only from the numbers known on this forums. If they have proportionally bigger order list and shipped singles amount they will have even more. I've heard of scams done for much lesser amounts then $100000.

Regarding the office full of singles and big amounts shipped. Having 100 singles in office and doing packaging to show they ship a lot for one of half dozen ppl who visited BFL (and later unpackaging them) is not a big issue really.

For those who like to jump on "infidels" - please note I am not saying BFL doing what described above, just point out that there is POSSIBILITY for them to be scam even with all eyewitnesses and shipped units.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:22:24 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 10:01:09 AM by mem

Sounds like someone is also "spoiled".I want what I want & I want it now.

Sometimes the world dosen't give us what we want,when we want it,it's called Patience.

BTW,don't bother with BFL,they ARE a scam

Well spoiled is relative, I say no you say yes
But 100% correct on the rest Wink

Sometimes people wait the time they were told and get annoyed when the actual time for delivery is 2-3x.
This is called a reasonable complaint.  Grin

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 10:07:25 AM

BFL credibility for the person who visited the BFL offices and for those whom that person tells stories are 2 very different matters. Especially if those who visit keep telling almost nothing about what they've seen.
So true, I felt this was implied in my previous posts but hopefully this clears up the confusion inba and other pro BFL supporters have regarding my own doubts and those raised by many others.

You made very good points, hopefully its better received Smiley

bombo999

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 10:52:57 AM

So true, I felt this was implied in my previous posts but hopefully this clears up the confusion inba and other pro BFL supporters have regarding my own doubts and those raised by many others.

You made very good points, hopefully its better received Smiley

what a maroon .... ignore
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 11:02:44 AM

I wish I had something smart to say, but I dont so instead I'll insult you and agree with my boyfriend

ssssh my butt hurt little friend, if you want to argue with the adults you need to state your case.
The short version: Substance & civility - Share your opinions but dont use them as your argument base Wink

Senior UNIX Administrator for 14 years my ass. You're incredibly immature for that title and length of time, that's for sure.

That'd make you about, what, atleast 34 years old?
Yet you act like an immature teenager. Not to mention your avatar and profile.

Just because you installed Ubuntu on your Daddy's PC a few years ago doesn't make you a "senior UNIX administrator"..

Grow up, or stop lying. It's pathetic.
darkice (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 12:16:48 PM

Basic laws of human stupidity, by Carlo M. Cipolla

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

Number of stupid people is always higher than we assume.

2.  The probability that a certain person will be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

Stupidity has no bounds every race, gender, age and social group has their own share of stupid people.

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

This one is the most important one, a criminal or a bandit gains by making other people loose things but stupid people has no gain or direction in their actions.

mem , you should read the third one carefully Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 12:50:40 PM

Mem, you are laughable.  You are also a troll.  You are not a 14+ year linux administrator.  If you are, you are a poor one that no company should hire.  

Its pointless to debate with you.  I gave you everything you asked for, but you ignored every single point, or if you did address it, you willfully misinterpreted what I wrote (or am I giving you too much credit, yet again, and it's not willful, just plain stupid misinterpretation?  You seem to be unable to understand basic concepts of daily life.).

Regardless, as you've already surmised I'm sure, this discussion with you is at an end.  No one agrees with you.  Virtually everyone agrees that you are an idiot.

Bring something of substance to this discussion before you post again.  I know you won't heed this request, because you are incapable of not posting lies, innuendo and falsehoods, but I figure I'd throw it out there.  

Here is your argument:  

"They miss their shipping dates, LOL!!!!11!! OMG!!!11!! it's a scam! !!  They are conning you cause they say 4 - 6 weeks and it takes longer!!!1!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!"  

Do you have something more than that?  If you can bring something more, then maybe we can have a discussion, but until you are able to present your side of the argument with something more than that, you only deserve childish responses.  I suspect you are a child, which would explain your posts, but even if you are 34+, mentally you are challenged.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: