Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Satoshi Nakamato, FINAL STEP PUBLISHED.... 4.87 BTC GRAND PRIZE!  (Read 108412 times)
massl

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:07:15 AM

What is this it seems the puzzle is already solved, what else is there??

What makes you think the puzzle is solved?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:46:04 AM

https://twitter.com/robmyers/status/959661501215752192

The suspense is killing me!
Trinitas

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:30:04 AM

Yes I was just trying to nudge you forward and my hints I posted was not the ones needed to solve the puzzle, someone saw my comment here and we start talking about how obvious some findings were, in another group with fewer people. I was stuck so I reached out here and was going to send more hints after you guys got the "1658" haha as it turns out this hint was just a cool coincidence. Not a solution but a Re-solution if you know what I mean
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:58:33 AM

Yes I was just trying to nudge you forward and my hints I posted was not the ones needed to solve the puzzle, someone saw my comment here and we start talking about how obvious some findings were, in another group with fewer people. I was stuck so I reached out here and was going to send more hints after you guys got the "1658" haha as it turns out this hint was just a cool coincidence. Not a solution but a Re-solution if you know what I mean

Thank you for coming forward with it and not continuing your game. There are strong emotions around, thank you for not taking advantage of it any longer.

But a question remains then: who was the hinter behind that one "hint"?!
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:03:51 AM

She knows what she did.

And it's not about SCAM.

I want to apologies to all that I believed white_[ x ]_rabbit would contribute something useful to this riddle.
Now it is exposed that he was a handicap for us naive users (not that I would have solved the riddle without him).
How would this sabotage help him and affect coinartist? Wouldn't it make more sense reversed? Make us solve the riddle faster?
He couldn't do this because he had no idea of the solution.
All of this is really fishy.

It would be really sad if this is some private vendetta of yours.

I only wished coinartist would have dissociated from white_[ x ]_rabbit timely. Now there is a smack that he came handy.

edit: Are you S4VV4S? If true you should really bring this behind. A lost riddle leads you to all of this? That's all you have to blame coinartist for?

@massl. I am not quite getting what you are saying. Are you saying that white_x_rabbit was S4VV4s or the puzzle solver was S44V44S? There are too many question marks and too many questions posted, all pointing in different directions. I do not understand your point. What do you mean by this:
What makes you think the puzzle is solved?
If you want to say something just say it straight like I did in my other post and let the community make our minds.
Trinitas

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:06:10 AM

Thank you for coming forward with it and not continuing your game. There are strong emotions around, thank you for not taking advantage of it any longer.

After we talked about the obvious he cracked it a little later.
Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:09:38 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 08:25:41 AM by Pan Troglodytes

After we talked about the obvious he cracked it a little later.
No no, the alleged hinter would know it was himself, because he was rewarded according to the convo (I really like this word, @RealOnTheMf Smiley )

I suppose it was not you who were rewarded for-as you call it-the obvious, or was it?
kreeoz

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:16:00 PM
Merited by feedo (1)

Hi everyone! I'm a little late, I'm here only because I have 1FLAMEN6 address on watchlist and is empty. What a surprise. I'm happy for the winner and a little sad because it's not me.

Someone still call me a SCAMMER, I'm not. You can only call me "greedy", because I didn't share with you what I had discovered. Somehow I hoped I could do it alone.

I couldn't edit the video due to personal problems that kept me away last month. While we wait for the official solution, I want to share what I did time ago and let you understand why I was so sure and arrogant, why I said that (ACCORDING TO ME, but now I don't really know...) flames are not involved from the start and why I insisted that every useful element was in front of us, clearly visible even in low resolution image.

So, let's start with this image: https://imgur.com/a/SWpa2

Yari Shogi. A lot of people said that this chessboard is from Yari Shogi (japanese chess variant) because is 7x9 or 9x7. You was right. So why not going further? There is a black Knight in the upper right of the image, so I assumed that it had to start moving very close to it. It turns out that ribbons (1A) are useful for write down coordinates and leaves are the places in the chessboard where pieces could moves. So, I counted 8 rays and I try to move Yari Knight 8 times touching every possible chess square only one time.

A5 C4 E5 G4 I3 G2 E3 C2

Using 1337 (leet) is something like: ASCHES GF IS GREECK or whatever.
To me seem ASCII'S GIRLFRIEND IS GREEK.

I haven't so much time right now, so I can't post other images but I will write down as much as I can on the next step and later I hope to post another couple images.

Next thing I did was to move the queen piece, you have to change the way you look at chessboard, standard chessboard is 8x8. You have to assume that under the upper side of the puzzle (yes, under the flames) part of the chessboard is hidden. But you can clearly see leaves, so pieces could move in every leaf you see, even there. White Queen starts on D1, so you have to invert coordinates (the 1 now is where the upper right spiral is placed) to match chess square color. Moving the queen you have:

D1 C7 A4 C5 E4 E3 E6

If you search those HEX values on differnt extended ASCII tables (greek table for instance, I will post links to those tables later) you will find this:

P  H  ¤  E  δ  γ  ζ

P H O E N I X. So you have to move phoenix (waffle). And so on.

Sorry but I'm late, I will write another post when I will be at home later or tomorrow and I have more material handy. Hope you understand what I'm talking about, my english is very weak.

Have nice day everyone.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

They solved the puzzle, and got all the btc
Zebra.Guy

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 03:31:13 PM by Zebra.Guy

OMG did you guys read this thing: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/7xe3dx/dna-storage-bitcoin-mystery-puzzle ?

So it seems that CompNeuro's thinking was actually most acurate and to the point. OMG can't wait to see the solution

EDIT: In case you wonder, yes, I am aware that the one cited above was a different puzzle Cheesy Cheesy
micaman

Activity: 345
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 03:33:08 PM

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kzpqzz/heres-the-solution-to-the-3-year-old-dollar50000-bitcoin-puzzle
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:18:21 PM

Did anybody else noticed the B34u7y of the topic number of this thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.0 (sans the decimal [.0]: one 7; two 6s; three 0s) What could it mean?

CompNeuro

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 05:03:14 PM by CompNeuro

Awesome! I had trouble being convinced that narrow/wide flames were a data stream since some flames seemed ambiguous to me, but turns out it was! That's where I spun off, sadly. Really fun puzzle, and honestly it came to be an iconic cryptocurrency puzzle that gave people a lot of enjoyment and knowledge. You should be really proud coinartist!
zbyszek2

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:20:31 PM

there is a bug in the article: "red (0) or yellow (1)"  should be yellow (0) or red (1).
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 05:34:36 PM

Okay, fellow sleuths, see if you can solve this mystery. And in the spirit of The Legend of Satoshi Nakamato, I, too, will use images. See timeline below images in revealing the mystery.

https://blockchain.info/tx/cb0156faa1716186b96f7e668a59204061a3419a746810ce151052d2860ac7cf

https://blockchain.info/address/15x25pXex9ZFUr4kAkTL9ayPCap7VLW8Vx

https://blockchain.info/address/1PGfmyE8ZS6WVNH64wXMtHQwsQRwu5widH

https://blockchain.info/address/1L7dZK3FPCN75VBdHurfF7tZnzqbo5TWYt

Timeline (assuming times are GMT/UTC):

2018-02-01 15:09:10: Isaac empties the 1FLAMEN6 wallet.

2018-02-01 16:10:25: A tad over an hour later, Isaac sent Trinitas half a bitcoin or more precisely, 0.5001337 BTC (how elitely quaint), as a thank you.

2018-02-02 16:48:04: Approximately 1 day + 38 minutes later, Isaac sent 0.002 BTC to the following bitcoin wallet address: 1L7dZK3FPCN75VBdHurfF7tZnzqbo5TWYt.

2018-02-02 19:34:14: Just under 3 hours later, Isaac sent 0.000356 BTC back to 1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd.

2018-02-02 20:10:24: Finally, approximately 36 minutes later, Isaac sent another 0.0007086 BTC back to 1FLAMEN6rq2BqMnkUmsJBqCGWdwgVKcegd, leaving a balance of 0.00013664 BTC in the following bitcoin wallet address: 1L7dZK3FPCN75VBdHurfF7tZnzqbo5TWYt.

And therein lies the mystery. Why did Isaac send chump change back to 1FLAMEN6 over a day later? It's too small an amount to be considered a token thank you compared to what Isaac sent to Trinitas (quasi-read: Trinity, as in three).

I leave it up to fellow sleuths to see if a similar anomaly occurred on the Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold blockchains.

ytcoinartist

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 06:18:40 PM by ytcoinartist

Awesome! I had trouble being convinced that narrow/wide flames were a data stream since some flames seemed ambiguous to me, but turns out it was! That's where I spun off, sadly. Really fun puzzle, and honestly it came to be an iconic cryptocurrency puzzle that gave people a lot of enjoyment and knowledge. You should be really proud coinartist!

Thank you! I'm so happy everything worked out. Pretty thrilled to close this chapter. I know there were many people who spent a lot of time on this puzzle. I appreciate everyone who was a part of this journey. The upcoming years of bitcoin are going to be very exciting, I'm looking forward to where this road leads.

I've found myself surrounded by some amazing talent because of these puzzles. It's turned out to be somewhat of a recruiting process! And with these friends I've gained over the years, we've enjoyed building other puzzles and starting this new indie game studio. If you haven't heard about it, this is my latest project: neondistrict.io. We have an easter egg puzzle with 15 ETH created by our lead game developer. The puzzle begins on the footnotes of the white paper https://s3.amazonaws.com/neon-district/NDWhitePaper.pdf. Some have gathered on ND discord to work together on the challenge, https://discord.gg/As654jg.

Many of the friends I've made during these puzzles have gone on to become active contributors to the success of bitcoin. I'm humbled to be amongst such great company.  

Some notes about the puzzle, yes the chessboard dimensions and the knight's tour were red herrings. Yes, there was the symbol of Œ on the queen piece for Phœnix. And there are many other forgotten details that Rob and I chuckled about these past couple of days while we were chatting with the journalist. Most of those were omitted, but I'll leave those to your imaginations. However, it was true that the painting subjects were a tribute to the poem, as it ends as a prayer for the two birds, and leaves the reader uncertain of what comes next. This was a very powerful poem for me at the time that I created this puzzle, as I too, was sighing a prayer during the process. Amazing how dramatically things can change in a few years. I wish you all the best!  
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:29:33 PM

Thank you! I'm so happy everything worked out. Pretty thrilled to close this chapter. I know there were many people who spent a lot of time on this puzzle. I appreciate everyone who was a part of this journey. The upcoming years of bitcoin are going to be very exciting, I'm looking forward to where this road leads.

I've found myself surrounded by some amazing talent because of these puzzles. It's turned out to be somewhat of a recruiting process! And with these friends I've gained over the years, we've enjoyed building other puzzles and starting this new indie game studio. If you haven't heard about it, this is my latest project: neondistrict.io. We have an easter egg puzzle with 15 ETH created by our lead game developer. The puzzle begins on the footnotes of the white paper https://s3.amazonaws.com/neon-district/NDWhitePaper.pdf. Some have gathered on ND discord to work together on the challenge, https://discord.gg/As654jg.

Many of the friends I've made during these puzzles have gone on to become active contributors to the success of bitcoin. I'm humbled to be amongst such great company.  

Some notes about the puzzle, yes the chessboard dimensions and the knight's tour were red herrings. Yes, there was the symbol of Œ on the queen piece for Phœnix. And there are many other forgotten details that Rob and I chuckled about these past couple of days while we were chatting with the journalist. Most of those were omitted, but I'll leave those to your imaginations. However, it was true that the painting subjects were a tribute to the poem, as it ends as a prayer for the two birds, and leaves the reader uncertain of what comes next. This was a very powerful poem for me at the time that I created this puzzle, as I too, was sighing a prayer during the process. Amazing how dramatically things can change in a few years. I wish you all the best!  

Can you shed some light on the mystery I proposed above?

ytcoinartist

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:31:53 PM

Can you shed some light on the mystery I proposed above?

Yes, the solver left something for others to find.
Crypto of the Day

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:34:35 PM

you Can Vote for your favorite crypto currency, comment on this coin page (in the app!) and get your coin 🚀🚀🚀🚀!
available on android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cryptoofday.com.cryptooftheday
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:19:34 PM

In the case of the puzzle, the input bits consisted of the six-bit cipher derived from the ribbons on the key paired with each of the 6-bit chunks from the 608-bit string encoded in the flames. After the XOR operation was applied to the entire string, the new string was then divided into 4-bit chunks, each of which represented a single flame in the photo.

Each bit in the 4-bit chunks represented a characteristic of the flame and each characteristic group could be represented as a bit: short (0) or tall (1) / red (0) or yellow (1) border /narrow (0) or wide (1) / purple (0) or green (1) interior—in that order. So, for example, a 4-bit chunk with the value 0110 would be a short (0), yellow border (1), wide (1), purple interior (0) flame in the painting.

Turned out we had absolutely all elements figured out ages ago. Amazing how no one stumbled on correct reading order.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: