Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has reached the tipping point  (Read 14058 times)
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:14:54 AM

Has it not occurred to you yet that all the other coins have their value in BTC? Your statement is absurd.

Let me give you an example. There are hundreds of currencies in the world today. Most of them are worthless garbage, and one think they have in common that each currency has its value denominated in USD.

BTC is to altcoins, what USD is to fiat currencies. Capish?

Your comparison is valid. But if you check currency reserves of central banks, you will notice that the share of USD in their reserves has been declining over the past few years. BRICS countries in particular have been striking deals to settle accounts in their own currencies without USD as a middleman. They are gradually moving away from USD. Nothing is static and nothing is set in stone, but some processes are gradual and may look as if they are not happening if you don't look at longer timeframes.

Same is taking place in crypto currencies. There are people who don't value BTC as much as other cryptos. The number of them is growing. But in crypto currencies everything moves faster. And if you don't invest your BTC, there is no US military to prop up its value for a long time.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:45:34 AM

I don't see Bitcoin going away any time soon.

Why not?

if you know anything you know it is fundamentally flawed which has been all but admitted now by the lead developers.

How is it "fundamentally flawed"? Please enlighten me.
Bitcoin detractors will always state that and give 0 facts. Apparently the only non-flawed crypto is their own pump & dump scheme.

are you seriously this stupid ?

if you are here on this forum i'd have thought i wouldn't have had to spell that out for you like a retard?

no?

you don't think the fact that the mining monopoly can't be held on to, and that will cause a terminal collapse as the difficultly runs up, centralizing the PoW and then offering multiple 51% opportunities for large solo miners.

that's not a problem?

i suppose it's only the whole protocol that is broken? not a big deal right?

if you need more help i'm happy to draw pictures.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760879.0

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:55:02 AM

Still over 500% up since a year ago. Happy with that

Falcon98

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:03:47 AM

I bought 0.2 btc on 505 dollar each because I thought it was going to rise again. Well, I've never been so wrong. So now Im just waiting it to go over 505 so it isn't a lose.
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:25:43 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:55:05 AM by devphp

Still over 500% up since a year ago. Happy with that

That's not the point I am making here.

The best analogy I can think of is: Bitcoin is like UUCP, which was invented in 1978 and was actively used for 20 years, then when TCP/IP Internet got popular, UUCP usage dropped, but one of the last legacy UUCP services was shut down only in 2012, although very few people used it since 2000.

Bitcoin now is like UUCP in 1994 when PPP connection protocol was standardized. It can still grow, but not at its prior rate, and new emerging protocols and technologies are on the rise to make it obsolete within a few years. Or even faster than that, as the time it takes to develop technologies has contracted, as numerous examples of late show. One interesting project coming up: https://bitscan.com/articles/welcome-to-the-supernet
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

Why not?

if you know anything you know it is fundamentally flawed which has been all but admitted now by the lead developers.

Bitcoin detractors will always state that and give 0 facts. Apparently the only non-flawed crypto is their own pump & dump scheme.

if you are here on this forum i'd have thought i wouldn't have had to spell that out for you like a retard?

no?

you don't think the fact that the mining monopoly can't be held on to, and that will cause a terminal collapse as the difficultly runs up, centralizing the PoW and then offering multiple 51% opportunities for large solo miners.

that's not a problem?

Ad hominems in leiu of evidence... Very convincing Roll Eyes

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 07:37:12 PM

Why not?

no?

that's not a problem?

Ad hominems in leiu of evidence... Very convincing Roll Eyes

say what you like, just tell me..

you are buying here or not?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:41:32 PM

The people in the general discussion section often say the only reason people go into alternates is to get more BTC.  Nope.  I don't give a hoot about Bitcoin.  Yes I need Bitcoin to acquire other alternates but blame the developers of those coins for not accepting alternative payments.  I'm fine with paying in LTC, NXT, NEMstake, NODE, Redd or the other 5 coins I have.. do you take SuperNet tokens?  Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:45:45 PM

agree on op.
If bitcoin collapses it is in most parts because of a flawed halving schedule. It should have been halving quicker or gradual decrease. This halvings are just clumsy and too long.
Uno is the solution to bitcoins inflation problemm and dumping miners.
IF bitcoin tanks and you missed the opportunity to shortsell it: dump your bitcoin in uno because that will rise a lot when people realise what the problem was with bitcoin (the inflation). Just a heads up. It is rising already. In case bitcoin tanks uno will be the alt to be in - other low inflation coins aswell. Sick of miners dumping.

Good thing is: uno rises in any case. If bitcoin goes up or down doesn't matter.
TaunSew

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:47:21 PM

agree on op.
If bitcoin collapses it is in most parts because of a flawed halving schedule. It should have been halving quicker or gradual decrease. This halvings are just clumsy and too long.
IF bitcoin tanks and you missed the opportunity to shortsell it: dump your bitcoin in uno because that will rise a lot when people realise what the problem was with bitcoin (the inflation). Just a heads up. It is rising already. In case bitcoin tanks uno will be the alt to be in - other low inflation coins aswell. Sick of miners dumping.

Uno?  This is the samething as that Uro?

I have twelve buckets of bat piss (Gauno Urea) in my living room, with open lids and the air is fulminating all over the place.  Who wants my Urea for Uro / Uno?   Huh

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:48:57 PM

agree on op.

Uno?  This is the samething as that Uro?

I have twelve buckets of bat piss (Gauno Urea) in my living room, with open lids and the air is fulminating all over the place.  Who wants my Urea for Uro / Uno?   Huh

no, uno (unobtanium) got nothing to do with uro. Entirely different stories. Go here to check out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0

uno is also way older than that strange ureacoin.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:06:55 PM

The people in the general discussion section often say the only reason people go into alternates is to get more BTC.  Nope.  I don't give a hoot about Bitcoin.  Yes I need Bitcoin to acquire other alternates but blame the developers of those coins for not accepting alternative payments.  I'm fine with paying in LTC, NXT, NEMstake, NODE, Redd or the other 5 coins I have.. do you take SuperNet tokens?  Huh

for a seemingly balanced guy you hold a terrible bunch of crypto in my opinion, but then people would say I'm not a very balanced individual either.

I can guarantee most core Quark investors see Bitcoin like a more volatile "paypal" it's access to Quark and other crypto.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TaunSew

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:08:19 PM

The people in the general discussion section often say the only reason people go into alternates is to get more BTC.  Nope.  I don't give a hoot about Bitcoin.  Yes I need Bitcoin to acquire other alternates but blame the developers of those coins for not accepting alternative payments.  I'm fine with paying in LTC, NXT, NEMstake, NODE, Redd or the other 5 coins I have.. do you take SuperNet tokens?  Huh

for a seemingly balanced guy you hold a terrible bunch of crypto in my opinion, but then people would say I'm not a very balanced individual either.

Would it cease being terrible if I bought Quark?   Huh 

evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

The people in the general discussion section often say the only reason people go into alternates is to get more BTC.  Nope.  I don't give a hoot about Bitcoin.  Yes I need Bitcoin to acquire other alternates but blame the developers of those coins for not accepting alternative payments.  I'm fine with paying in LTC, NXT, NEMstake, NODE, Redd or the other 5 coins I have.. do you take SuperNet tokens?  Huh

I can guarantee most core Quark investors see Bitcoin like a more volatile "paypal" it's access to Quark and other crypto.

You're a special kind of guy Kolin, a convicted scammer, that is.  

People must be warned of guys like you.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781954.0
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:11:53 PM

Would it cease being terrible if I bought Quark?   Huh 

nope you'd need to stop holding the bunch of stuff that will lose long term I guess?

I didn't say you were terrible, you poor thing.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
evergrow

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:13:32 PM

nope you'd need to stop holding the bunch of stuff that will lose long term I guess?

Seriously, who in their right mind would buy a terrible shitcoin like Quark which was pumped+dumped back months ago and is basically dead?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:13:50 PM

You're a special kind of guy Kolin, a convicted scammer, that is.  

People should be warned of ya.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781954.0

look at you go. hot damn !

ya need a link there, you didn't link it.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
evergrow

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

ya need a link there, you didn't link it.

Please leave Kolin, I really really dislike scammers like you. Please just go away, thanks.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:15:17 PM

Seriously, who in their right mind would buy a terrible shitcoin like Quark which was pumped+dumped back months ago and is basically dead?

wow is tails and tor really wrecking your keyboard so much?

you need to slow down, calm down, that van is not following you ok.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
evergrow

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:18:43 PM

wow is tails and tor really wrecking your keyboard so much?

you need to slow down, calm down, that van is not following you ok.  

I can't believe you're still promoting the shitcoin under your scammer nick. If you were smart you would have opened a new account, but then again you most likely wouldn't be able to hide your--let me be polite-- "special" writing style.  Man I don't know if you're a nice guy IRL but here in the virtual world I have no respect for you. What you tried is truly unacceptable and goes to show you just desperately want to use folks to buy in your Quarkcoin to dump it off on us. I don't even know how you can still be posting here without feeling weird on your own.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: