Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SoloMining.com - 0.5% fee, Charts, Stats, NOMP, Alts.  (Read 17404 times)
aTg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:41:33 AM

The solution to the problem is as follows, total elimination of the ports Diff fixed, now there VarDiff only two input ports, one for small miners (VarDiff 1) and one for large mininers (VarDiff 1024), yet still there people who are putting 60 TH in VarDiff 1 ... Anyway a few minutes after the pool go up the diff and solves the problem, and not think by the user or do calculations or tables, I hope the new system reviews.

A detail if you search in google "solomining" we left the first position at first we were on the second page. Thank you all.
bonds

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:08:39 PM

The solution to the problem is as follows, total elimination of the ports Diff fixed, now there VarDiff only two input ports, one for small miners (VarDiff 1) and one for large mininers (VarDiff 1024), yet still there people who are putting 60 TH in VarDiff 1 ... Anyway a few minutes after the pool go up the diff and solves the problem, and not think by the user or do calculations or tables, I hope the new system reviews.

A detail if you search in google "solomining" we left the first position at first we were on the second page. Thank you all.

What about 10-20th worth of S3 connecting on vardiff 1 port?

1Bonds3znU2tqc99b8cdDkBX9m6q9ftVG2
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:09:58 PM

What about 10-20th worth of S3 connecting on vardiff 1 port?

10TH is a big miner, a small miner we are talking about less than 1TH

I'm testing to enter all through a single port, tonight I'll do more tests.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:37:10 PM

Seems to be working ok?
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:43:27 PM

Seems to be working ok?

Sorry for the disconnection, we're online again, has unexpectedly quit, I will put some control mechanism periodically with cron.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:55:10 PM

Seems to be working ok?

Sorry for the disconnection, we're online again, has unexpectedly quit, I will put some control mechanism periodically with cron.

No problem Smiley.
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:59:33 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2015, 11:09:54 PM by aTg

Seems to be working ok?

No problem Smiley.

What is your opinion of the only two ports VarDiff? I saw the pool of CK only have the option of entering through diff 1024, small miners will never adjust their diff because they can not deliver any valid share periodically, I think we should keep the option of entering a low diff , you think?
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:12:05 PM

Seems to be working ok?

No problem Smiley.

Reviewer of the only two ports VarDiff? I saw the pool of CK only have the option of entering through diff 1024, small miners will never adjust their diff because they can not deliver any valid share periodically, I think we should keep the option of entering a low diff , you think?

I'm only running 1 x Asicminer Tube @ 850GH and I've tried both ports for a while each now and both are running stable. It does make it easier for people to just have 2 choices.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 11:14:46 PM

What is your opinion of the only two ports VarDiff? I saw the pool of CK only have the option of entering through diff 1024, small miners will never adjust their diff because they can not deliver any valid share periodically, I think we should keep the option of entering a low diff , you think?
Not true. ckpool automatically adjusts down if your hashrate is low to whatever the minimum diff is configured to, and on solo ckpool the minimum diff is 1. You can also even choose the diff by using the --suggest-diff option in a recent enough cgminer. Also bear in mind that adjusting diff serves only to display your hashrate and has absolutely no effect on your chance of solving a solo block on these solo pools.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:32:33 PM

Not true. ckpool automatically adjusts down if your hashrate is low to whatever the minimum diff is configured to, and on solo ckpool the minimum diff is 1. You can also even choose the diff by using the --suggest-diff option in a recent enough cgminer. Also bear in mind that adjusting diff serves only to display your hashrate and has absolutely no effect on your chance of solving a solo block on these solo pools.

Thanks for reply on this issue, a few minutes ago I've been mining with 2GH in your pool, after a while I gave her a share of over 1024 but has not adjusted the diff, has not dropped 1k and I have left perhaps an hour has not come to set in diff 1.

It is true that not necessary to fit more than to show hashrate, but it is also quite important for users to know that they are providing valid shares.

I dont try to do any kind of defamation to your pool, clearly superior to mine, just pretend give a few different services to users.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 12:10:57 AM

Thanks for reply on this issue, a few minutes ago I've been mining with 2GH in your pool, after a while I gave her a share of over 1024 but has not adjusted the diff, has not dropped 1k and I have left perhaps an hour has not come to set in diff 1.
Indeed it needs to see at least 2 shares to be able to estimate hashrate at being lower before it can start adjusting down.

-ck
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:39:15 PM

Also bear in mind that adjusting diff serves only to display your hashrate and has absolutely no effect on your chance of solving a solo block on these solo pools.

I thought getting the difficulty correct would result in more accepted shares and less invalid so in theory more chances of finding a block.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 01:50:44 PM

I thought getting the difficulty correct would result in more accepted shares and less invalid so in theory more chances of finding a block.
Nope.

-ck
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 02:05:46 PM by hedgy73

Nope.

Ah ok that surprises me.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:52:05 AM

Nope.

Ah ok that surprises me.
3 * 5 = 5 * 3 ... (even in statistics)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:04:21 AM

Nope.

Ah ok that surprises me.
Thanks now I'm even more confused Cheesy
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:34:53 AM

Nope.

Ah ok that surprises me.
Lower diff, more shares is the same as higher diff, fewer share. Same total share diff.

The statistical difference is: variance.

At the vardiff being discussed the higher variance of higher diff is next to unnoticeable.

Higher diff will mean fewer shares rejected, but each share will be worth more.
Lower diff will mean more shares rejected, but each share will be worth less.
Result: the same.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:41:03 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 09:52:12 AM by hedgy73

Nope.

Ah ok that surprises me.
Lower diff, more shares is the same as higher diff, fewer share. Same total share diff.

The statistical difference is: variance.

At the vardiff being discussed the higher variance of higher diff is next to unnoticeable.

Ok I think I get it now thanks Smiley.
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:45:41 AM

Here the shares are worth always the same because no PPS, are worth nothing if it is not the share that you found the block.

It is true that we could put a diff input 65536 and no influence on the found a block, you can not find any share of less than 65536 and the following can be the winner, but that nobody is going to see if your connection to the pool is good .
aTg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:47:57 PM

It seems that going from 50 users the server consumes 4 GB of RAM and starts to fail, during this day will increase the maximum ram and see if this fixes the problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: