Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anony suspicious activity [closed]  (Read 3728 times)
Anony

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:26:44 PM

I don't know whether MD was a scammer or not as I resigned due to me wanting to do other things and I didn't see the "fall" of MD, but I know that you did loan scam. Whether MD was a scammer or not is irrelevant. Scamming a "scammer" doesn't make it right.

I took back what he took from me, nothing more.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anony

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:34:40 AM

Diamondcardz claims that what you did was extremely unethical. If you convince him that you committed no wrong doing I will remove your trust and lock my thread.

Look, I agree that scamming a scammer is not at all right. I was angry, upset, and wasn't thinking straight. I had spent a lot of time on that forum building trust and friends just to figure out it was all a lie being led by a guy who was out for nothing more than to fill his pockets. I was just starting fresh with BTC, getting to know the ropes. I had earned the 0.1 btc I had lost on a game he had on the forum that was setup to lose no matter what, I (at the time) figured I would get it back, so I asked him for a 0.1 loan then proceeded to delete all content from the site to stop him from scamming anyone else. I'm sorry if this looks bad in your eyes Diamond, but I thought I was helping everyone else by putting an end to it. But labeling me as a flat out scammer is unfair I believe, I didn't hurt anyone. In fact I'd like to believe I saved a lot of people from losing hard earned btc. I'm done arguing/fighting to explain myself, and the actions I made several months ago that I believed to be helpful more than harmful.

cloudthink.io   

Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:47:24 AM

Then why on Earth didn't you publicly announce that he was a scammer rather than just deleting the forum and running off and screwing over everyone? Your story doesn't fully add up to me. I myself did have my own suspicions - but they were just that, suspicions - about MD but if MD did turn out to be a scammer I would have simply announced it and made sure no-one continued using MD. What you did is like scamming the admin and then DDoSing Bitcointalk because you don't like the admin.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 09:07:40 AM

I was the one Anony requested the 2btc loan from. Part of the reason why I denied it was because he tried to use irrelevant mod status as leverage to get the loan. It would have been too easy to run off with 2btc with a new account, especially now that his reputation is soiled.

I didn't fully buy into the story to buy tools either  Wink.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701592.msg8567485#msg8567485

omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:44:05 AM

Diamondcardz claims that what you did was extremely unethical. If you convince him that you committed no wrong doing I will remove your trust and lock my thread.

Look, I agree that scamming a scammer is not at all right. I was angry, upset, and wasn't thinking straight. I had spent a lot of time on that forum building trust and friends just to figure out it was all a lie being led by a guy who was out for nothing more than to fill his pockets. I was just starting fresh with BTC, getting to know the ropes. I had earned the 0.1 btc I had lost on a game he had on the forum that was setup to lose no matter what, I (at the time) figured I would get it back, so I asked him for a 0.1 loan then proceeded to delete all content from the site to stop him from scamming anyone else. I'm sorry if this looks bad in your eyes Diamond, but I thought I was helping everyone else by putting an end to it. But labeling me as a flat out scammer is unfair I believe, I didn't hurt anyone. In fact I'd like to believe I saved a lot of people from losing hard earned btc. I'm done arguing/fighting to explain myself, and the actions I made several months ago that I believed to be helpful more than harmful.

So you gambled, lost, gambled again, lost again, then deleted the entire thing b/c it was "rigged"?  Also deleting any "proof" you had that it was rigged?  Riiiigggttt....
Anony

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:37:46 PM

Like I said, I'm done arguing/fighting to prove my point. I have said all that I can say on the situation and I just honestly don't have the energy to defend myself fully right now. Other than that 0.1btc I took back from minerdirect that was scammed from me, I have not taken any amount of btc from anyone else. Yeah I deleted a bunch of content from the forum but all he had to do was do a roll back, which he did. The site was up for another month or so before some other people started realizing it was a scam, resulting in him just shutting the site down. The reason I didn't publicly out him is because he would have just put it back on me somehow, just like he did with the 0.1btc that I took back, labeling me a scammer. He had rep over me, and people believed anything he said, I was screwed either way. Anyway, do whatever you're going to do, I see it being an inevitable fate in the end no matter what. Good guys always come out on bottom right?

cloudthink.io   

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

We might've not lost BTC but some people, ESPECIALLY me, lost a LOT of valuable time that we invested. I'm still not happy about that. If you found a discovery that proved a scam you should've offered CONCRETE evidence of it. Not this bull.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Anony

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:45:03 PM

We might've not lost BTC but some people, ESPECIALLY me, lost a LOT of valuable time that we invested. I'm still not happy about that. If you found a discovery that proved a scam you should've offered CONCRETE evidence of it. Not this bull.

And I apologize, during the process there were some things that I could have handled better. But in the end all that mattered was getting rid of a scammer.

cloudthink.io   

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: