Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible that 1 BTC be worth $2,000 by the end of 2015?  (Read 26002 times)
bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:05:47 AM

Anything is possible this is just stable price for now.
After or during the holidays we will see in week or two.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:07:57 AM

I think $2,000 is a bit too high, maybe $500

500$ can be made in this month i think, cuz we have holidays coming this can maybe influence on price

I guess the effect the holidays will have will be nullified by the auction happening this month.
Also, I don't think the holidays would guarantee prices to swing up. Maybe, some people might cash out to spend on their holidays, which could lead to the opposite.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

What are you guys saying about this https://www.tradingview.com/v/eW4PGnUW/

According to that one, we could be at $2000 by the end of next year.

NO way to hit this like that. Maybe smaller amount over 500 or to be in that range plus minus 10%

why you say this? Is the era of big pump over? Sad
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:15:46 AM

500$ can be made in this month i think, cuz we have holidays coming this can maybe influence on price

I guess the effect the holidays will have will be nullified by the auction happening this month.
Also, I don't think the holidays would guarantee prices to swing up. Maybe, some people might cash out to spend on their holidays, which could lead to the opposite.

We had a nice pump before the auction was announced. Sentiment might improve once the auction is over and who knows, we might see $500 before Christmas if we get lucky.
Markos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:25:29 PM

I have a little thoughts - cost per Transaction is 10-15 times higher than in January 2013:

https://blockchain.info/en/charts/cost-per-transaction?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

So we have two options: number of daily transactions will increase a lot or price will drop. Or there will be two things at once, but to a lesser intensity.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

We had a nice pump before the auction was announced. Sentiment might improve once the auction is over and who knows, we might see $500 before Christmas if we get lucky.

We might get a rally for the end of the year like on the stock market.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:58:33 PM

No one can make predictions about BTC in such big time span.

It is indeed possible because it happened before, but no way to know if it is a reasonable guess or not
picolo

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:26:03 PM

It is indeed possible because it happened before, but no way to know if it is a reasonable guess or not

Shocked

It is a reasonable guess for some and a random guess for others, if you don't know it means you are doing a random guess Wink
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:36:20 PM

I personally think it will happen before the end of next year, in anticipation of the next halving the market could spike big time with a bubble a order of magnitude bigger than this one, obviously the fall could be disastrous aswell, like we have seen this year indeed the market had overestimated the impact of the previous halving on the long term.
bajlox

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:24:52 PM

I personally think it will happen before the end of next year, in anticipation of the next halving the market could spike big time with a bubble a order of magnitude bigger than this one, obviously the fall could be disastrous aswell, like we have seen this year indeed the market had overestimated the impact of the previous halving on the long term.

was is not in 2016 halving not next year.
think next will be changing year for all cryptos, we will see who will stay and who will go dark for good.

OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:59:53 PM

+1
djokica

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:34:12 AM

Can it wait i little if your right i dont have much so it will be crying time for me.
bajlox

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

Cmon who can predict a tomorrow price for sure.
ONly one thing remain we all hope to see it go up not down for now is stable that is good.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 10:45:10 AM

With Bitcoin as it is right now, I very much doubt we'll see $2000 by end of 2015. The spike we experienced last year was the result of hype + panic buying and because it was the first real 'rocket to the moon'. A lot of people made good money but a much greater number of people lost money. I think people are gonna be a lot more cautious now before going 'all in'. There is also a number of smaller factors that are different now. For example, the altcoin scene has exploded since last year and a lot of people are tempted to invest in altcoins because that's where a lot of new tech is emerging. The price of Bitcoin is already quite high and a lot of the smaller guys might think twice before buying BTC just to hold for better times.
On top of that, we've had a few scares since last year. Gox turning out to be a scam and losing people millions but more importantly, mining groups that have nearly compromised the whole network by being in control of close to 51% of the hashrate. This last one can be pretty scary for big investors because there are no laws to stop someone from taking over the network.
I think BTC price can still go up, maybe up to twice its current value but without improvement to the system itself, I don't see major investors pumping millions into Bitcoin anytime soon.
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:17:32 AM

Altcoin is more innovative, but BTC has to play safe. Price of BTC will rise slowly, with less volatility in the future.
picolo

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:02:09 PM

With Bitcoin as it is right now, I very much doubt we'll see $2000 by end of 2015. The spike we experienced last year was the result of hype + panic buying and because it was the first real 'rocket to the moon'. A lot of people made good money but a much greater number of people lost money. I think people are gonna be a lot more cautious now before going 'all in'. There is also a number of smaller factors that are different now. For example, the altcoin scene has exploded since last year and a lot of people are tempted to invest in altcoins because that's where a lot of new tech is emerging. The price of Bitcoin is already quite high and a lot of the smaller guys might think twice before buying BTC just to hold for better times.
On top of that, we've had a few scares since last year. Gox turning out to be a scam and losing people millions but more importantly, mining groups that have nearly compromised the whole network by being in control of close to 51% of the hashrate. This last one can be pretty scary for big investors because there are no laws to stop someone from taking over the network.
I think BTC price can still go up, maybe up to twice its current value but without improvement to the system itself, I don't see major investors pumping millions into Bitcoin anytime soon.

Last year was not the first big rally, we had similar rallies before!

The price per BTC is a function of Demand and Supply which is related to the expected value of all Bitcoins in the future. If in 2015 the market thinks there is 30% chance that the price is 30000$ in 10years we will easily have 3000$ per BTC.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:40:44 PM

Altcoin is more innovative, but BTC has to play safe. Price of BTC will rise slowly, with less volatility in the future.

What do you mean "altcoin is more innovative"?
There are a million altcoins out there and 99.9% are absolutely worthless.
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:48:42 PM

after 10 years will bitcoin fall or isn't possible to be >1000 $
picolo

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

after 10 years will bitcoin fall or isn't possible to be >1000 $

way more

What do you mean "altcoin is more innovative"?
There are a million altcoins out there and 99.9% are absolutely worthless.

They are copied of Bitcoin and don't add much. Their momentum are faked or short lived.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 04:57:41 AM

Last year was not the first big rally, we had similar rallies before!

The price per BTC is a function of Demand and Supply which is related to the expected value of all Bitcoins in the future. If in 2015 the market thinks there is 30% chance that the price is 30000$ in 10years we will easily have 3000$ per BTC.

Regarding the first part of your comment, my bad, I wasn't clear enough, the 'spike' I'm referring to is the one between end of Oct 13 and beginning of Dec 13. We've never had anything on that scale prior to that.

Concerning the second part, my comment actually explores some of those factors that affect 'demand' directly. As much as I would love to have BTC reach $3000 next year, I don't think it's very likely to happen  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: