Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WDC, DGC, MEC, CGB, ANC - the darlings of the last wave = dead.... what now?  (Read 1003 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:34:20 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 07:46:24 PM by cryptohunter

These coins were touted as the next big thing during the last wave. The communities were active and the future looked bright. Sadly they died more or less.

Does the same fate await the new "sure thing" alts?  With the exception of BTC and perhaps LTC if could only lock away one coin for the next few years as an investment which would you go for? and WHY?  WHY are you going all in on that one alt?  

xc? bitshares? bbr, xmr, drk? nxt?  something else?

If you had to just go for it and were tired of the daily trading in and out to keep above water... Which coin would you sink it all into right now if you had enough BTC and LTC stocked up and didn't want to go for any more of those.

The WHY is very important. Not just that you are bag holding that 200B corgi coins. What exactly is driving you to invest 100% into that coin for the future. Sure something so next gen could come out that you need to cash out into that. But at this point in time someone is forcing you to decide on tying your entire crypto wealth into one coins future..... You've got a day or two to decide then you have to go all-in.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

Once all the hype passes away, sheer hashpower is still the big thing, a coin that cannot secure its blockchain is just a train wreck waitign to happen.

So just keep on mining and collecting the merged mined coins...

The scammers and hype-artists bullshit about if a coin is popular it will have the money to attract miners, but non-merged mining simply is not efficient. Once the hype blows over the insanely high cost of securing blockchains inevitably shows. The scammer don't like merged mining because to compete as miners they would need real serious mining operations, whereas all they actually have is a scammer's facility at lying and bullshitting. They cannot secure their scams. So just ignore them and look for the coins with real serious hashing power. Not ones whose hashing power is obtained by diverting hashing from other coins either, but ones that allow the serious hashing power that is dedicated to bitcoin to also secure other coins at the same time...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:02:03 PM

Once all the hype passes away, sheer hashpower is still the big thing, a coin that cannot secure its blockchain is just a train wreck waitign to happen.

-MarkM-

What's merged mining?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

-MarkM-

What's merged mining?

It is the use of the same hashpower, the same mining rigs, to mine many chains at once, such as by mining bitcoin, namecoin, groupcoin, devcoin, ixcoin, i0coin, coiledcoin and geistgeld all at once.

See mmpool.org for an example of a merged mining pool, or look at p2pool for a distributed pool that can be used to merged mine.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:11:25 PM

Lol. You have to remove anc from that list. There have never been more active development or a larger community behind the coin then there is now.  Smiley
JimminyCricket

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:07:03 AM

Lol. You have to remove anc from that list. There have never been more active development or a larger community behind the coin then there is now.  Smiley

Just what I was thinking
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:16:24 PM

Okay so ANC is still active then, I'd not seen much mentioned about it for a while.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:39:33 PM

Okay so ANC is still active then, I'd not seen much mentioned about it for a while.

Well CGB is active too, MEC is allegedly being worked on by Kimoto which I doubt.
But they are all dead just like you said incl. ANC. The majority of people aren't looking at them anymore. This is what happens when people keep releasing so many shitty coins promising some new features, while most of them aren't even needed.
This is further giving strength to Bitcoin, while the altcoin wave after wave dies.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:08:36 PM

i think XCurrency will do very good. they have an elegant solution for what i want to see in a next gen crypto currency. i been trading a lot of alts until i settled with xc to months ago. i also like their approach of dealing with the community , other alts , pr and so on. they are not all over this forum creating hype on promises like some other projects. of course they have a roudmap, but also a track record of delivering.

I think we all have interesting months ahead no matter on which horse we bet. good luck to everyone  Wink
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:15:55 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 02:58:34 PM by BitcoinNational

what about this darling coin -

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2f7n0h/dire_times_for_bitcoin_price_must_go_up_soon/ck6qc9q

BTC and LTC forever up, not so sure now are you.

WDC, DGC, MEC, ANC, BTC, LTC all have the same issue -- inflation
all will have a similar 3 year chart ... 2013-2016 ... yes they all live ... just laying down and resting for a couple 600 days

DGC is in the ICU, and needs a blood transfusion, and emergency surgery.

CGB is past that phase, but had much less energy to stabilize it,  so went down quick
(but is POS and poised to recharge at base money supply)

WDC, DGC, MEC, ANC all the same charts a higher voltage release, peak then drown in inflation.  Reduced -90%

BTC is the super charged king.  So it raised all ships and drifts down with the most resistance.  Reduced -50%
LTC in already -90% reduced.  But still stuck in inflation.  $1-$4 for a long time.

DRK is a young champ hitting the floor already, and has a better inflation rate, and still charged with bullish juices.
hard to read

and the wildcard

AUR even bad press is good press.  -99.9%  
might be the first to trend bullish long
hey this lemon can't possibly suck any more
if your are rock bottom, then?

xc? bitshares? bbr, xmr, nxt?
what happens to young bulls
see the above, there fate awaits

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:19:28 PM

Guldencoin says hi.
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:02:56 AM

Well, my post count is low, but I have been here for over a year.  What I was initially looking for was a crypto-currency, and yes Bitcoin is now accepted on Overstock.com ... etc.  But the acceptance of other major retailers just does not seem to be there. All of the alt-coins have the same issue, they are all, including Bitcoin, just commodity assets like steel or iron, that are bought and sold on an exchange.  But unlike other commodities there is no real value or usefulness to the coins. Yes, they have POW, POS, POR, etc., but these have no useable value, like other commodities.

Last August of 2013 when I joined the BTT forum, I was looking for an anonymous crypto-currency, that I could research and potentially invest in, both with my time and some of my resources. And eventually I found someone that was actually developing an actual currency, where no mining was involved, only working with a MySQL database.  This is what I had 40 years of experience doing, working with various databases, not special mining hardware, such as ASIC or GPU coding.  I had already tried a few times to mine several alt-coins and it just seemed to not be something that I wanted to invest my time and energy into.

I signed up on the currency developer's forum and introduced myself in their newbie thread with some of the highlights from my work experience.  The responses I received were almost overwhelming, they were amazed that I had working experience in data processing from 1968 forward or 45 years. You probably know me from other posts as I am a strong eMunie currency supporter, and participated in all of the beta tests since mid Aug. of 2013.  There have been a few reloads and restarts, but the overall concepts have never changed. The goal is to have eMunie accessible to all people globally, even the 3rd world countries where the phone networks are limited.

So, yes I AM 100% All-in on eMunie as my crypto-currency of the future.  With the recent posts by Fuserleer (Dan Hughes) of the eMunie Decentralized Market Place (DMP) and the eMunie integrated all in one Client, this is an alt-currency that Joe Public's grandma will be able to use.

Okie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: