Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to the wicked upon death?  (Read 6553 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 07:10:43 PM

You just pretend to know BADecker and you're not convincing.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:12:36 PM

You just pretend to know BADecker and you're not convincing.

Karl Lentz - Man is Limitless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Wcsb5CJZw

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:49:10 AM

Personally I believe that when your body dies, whatever you think will happen, will happen. This explains why Christians see Jesus, Muslems see Amed (Haha!), and Jewish people see Moses. For me, I believe I'll incarnate on another planet as a being of another race. I also believe that people can stay in spirit as long as they need or wish to.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:31:06 AM

Personally I believe that when your body dies, whatever you think will happen, will happen. This explains why Christians see Jesus, Muslems see Amed (Haha!), and Jewish people see Moses. For me, I believe I'll incarnate on another planet as a being of another race. I also believe that people can stay in spirit as long as they need or wish to.
This actually is a huge possibility.  When the body is about to die it releases a ton of DMT, which is why time seems to slow down and you 'see the light'.  When smoked as a recreational drug, DMT is known to blast the user into a spiritual dimension where a few minutes can seem like nearly eternity.  So during the few minutes when your brain is still active before you're completely dead, you're on a trip that feels like it's lasting sooo much longer.  Of course, if your brain is damaged by whatever death you have then you may not get that experience Sad

If you want more info: http://www.academia.edu/1970764/Role_of_DMT_in_Near_Death_Experience

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:34:04 AM

The mine bitcoins in a room without air conditioning.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:05:10 AM

Oh Lard.

munsey

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:58:56 AM

I cant believe that you definitely compose this, but i do not really know what to say because nobody has never die and return and explain better what really happen there.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:46:10 PM

Zolace,I have little doubt that in your infinite desire to seek the blissful state of Ignorance that you love so well, you'll just delete this thread as if it never happened.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:55:06 PM

Zolace,I have little doubt that in your infinite desire to seek the blissful state of Ignorance that you love so well, you'll just delete this thread as if it never happened.
I would if the only posts were yours, given their lack of value.  Which is sad - you have potential.

But others have posted here things of interest, so, fear not.  I will just go back to ignoring you (which apparently is the consensus of alot of folk here).  When you treat the earlier question with honesty, then we are back on track.

Basically, I gave you an answer using the Biblical context - makes sense, the question has to do with what the bible teaches.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

But, if you want to use your own context, you will need to lay out what your context is.    Why is killing anyone, for example, evil?

So, till you wish to stop acting like some lawyer who is more interested in winning a case than in truth and integrity....

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
PeanutCoins

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:13:10 PM

The wicked upon death are condemned by the cyber gods to an eternity of arguing on FS.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:14:44 PM

But, if you want to use your own context, you will need to lay out what your context is.    Why is killing anyone, for example, evil?

So, till you wish to stop acting like some lawyer who is more interested in winning a case than in truth and integrity....
I'm not the one who's living in fear.Everyone else is ignoring you.  Not like it should come as a surprise to you.No one has ever displayed any support for your beliefs.  Your's are not religious beliefs.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:25:27 PM

Three hells!

The starting point for such an investigation can be none other than the very book from which Christians profess to derive their doctrine of hell - the Bible! By scrutinizing its pages, one can strip away the theological trappings of ancient and medieval myth and fabrication and discover the true teaching on the subject.

One's first surprise is that the Bible speaks of not one but of three different "hells"! In the widely used King James Version, three totally different Greek words - words with totally different meanings-are translated by the one English word hell. The three words are hades, tartaros and gehenna.

In biblical usage, the Greek word hades - used only II times in the New Testament - is roughly equivalent to the Old Testament Hebrew word sheol, meaning grave or pit (compare Acts 2:27 with Psalm 16:10). Hades may be likened to a hole in the ground. In the Bible it has nothing to do with fire.

Most modern biblical translators admit that the use of the English word hell to translate hades and sheol is an unfortunate and misleading practice.

Why?

Because in seeing the word hell, many readers impute to it the traditional connotation of an ever-burning inferno - when this was never remotely intended in the Greek language or in Old English!

In its true biblical usage, hades does indeed refer to the state or abode of the dead - but not in the sense of spirits walking around in some sort of "shadowy realm." Hades is simply the abode we call the grave. All the dead go to this hell.

The Second Hell

The second hell of the Bible, tartaros, is mentioned only once in scripture - in II Peter 2:4: "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell[tartaroo], and delivered them into chains of darkness to be reserved unto judgment.

Following their rebellion to unseat God from His throne (Isa. 14:12-14; Rev. 12:4), the archangel Lucifer (now Satan) and a third of the created angels (demons) were ejected from heaven (Luke 10:18). They were cast down to tartaros, a place or condition of restraint that God has imposed on the mutinous angels as they await ultimate judgment (Jude 6; I Cor. 6:3).

Tartaros, then, is a "hell" that applies only to evil, rebellious angels or demons. It is interesting that the ancient Greeks used this word to describe the place in which Zeus confined the rebellious Titans. Nowhere in the Bible is there any mention of men being put into this particular "hell."

The Third Hell

So far, we have seen that the first hell of the Bible - hades - is simply the grave. The second hell -tartaros - a place or condition of restraint for demons. What, then, is the third hell of the Bible?

Surely, it must be the old fashioned Bible "hell"- the literal ever-burning inferno, the place of eternal torment of the damned!

Or is it?

Did you ever notice that the Greek word used by the writers of the New Testament for this third hell is gehenna? It comes from the Hebrew Gai Hinnom, meaning"valley of Hinnom." Hinnom is a deep, narrow ravine located to the south and southwest of Jerusalem. It is to this hell that I recently traveled. But what does this valley have to do with the traditional Christian concept of "hell"? The answer may surprise you!

Lunch in Hell

Gehenna - the valley of Hinnom - is today a relatively pleasant place. In recent years, grass and even some flowers have taken over portions of the valley floor, and there are plenty of trees to provide shade from the scorching sun (see photos on these pages - {Editor's note: Sorry, pictures not included.}).

I descended into the valley by means of a rocky dirt path. A small dog - no three-headed Cerberus! - barked briefly, then returned to scavenging in a small cave near the path. Further on down the valley two boys were kicking a soccer ball between them.

I sought refuge from the heat of the noon sun under a large tree, and took out my lunch. A few birds came by for a handout. The surroundings were not unlike those of a typical city park.

After enjoying a leisurely lunch, I headed up out of the valley and proceeded unimpeded toward the Jaffa Gate. My memory of the valley is one of a pleasant and relaxing haven in the midst of a hot and tiring walking tour of Jerusalem.

Gehenna, in short, is a far cry from the hell of Dante or from what this valley was like in Jesus day!

The valley was not always such a pleasant place. In the Old Testament it was a place of abominable pagan rites, including infant sacrifice. It was there that the apostate kings Ahaz and Manasseh made their children "pass through the fire" to the god Molech. The rites were specifically celebrated in Tophet, the "place of abhorrence," one of the chief groves in the valley

King Josiah of ancient Judah finally put an end to these abominations. He defiled the valley, rendering it ceremonially unclean (II Kings 23:10). Later the valley became the cesspool and city dump of Jerusalem - a repository for sewage, refuse and animal carcasses. The bodies of despised criminals were also burned there along with the rubbish. Fires burned continuously, feeding on a constant supply of garbage and refuse.

Aceldama, the "field of blood", purchased with the money Judas received for the betrayal of Christ (Matt. 27:Cool was also in part of the valley of Hinnom.

Gehenna-and the Lake of Fire

What, then, does this valley called gehenna have to do with hell?

Notice. At the end of this age, at the crisis at the end of this world's civilization, the prophesied Beast of the book of Revelation - a Satan-inspired political dictator and a miracle-working religious figure, the False Prophet, working with him will resist the re-establishment of the government of God by fighting against Jesus Christ at His Second Coming. Their fate is revealed by the apostle John: "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet.... These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone" (Rev. 19:20).

Where will this temporary lake of fire - this "hell" - be?

The prophet Isaiah wrote of this lake of fire prepared for the Beast: "For Tophet [in the valley of Hinnom] is ordained of old, yea, for the king it is prepared, he hath made it deep and large, the pile thereof is fire and wood, the breath of the Lord, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it" (Isa. 30:33).

One thousand years later, Satan himself will be cast into this rekindled fiery lake where the Beast and False Prophet were cast! (See Revelation 20:10.)

But what of the wicked who have died over the many millennia? Does the Bible say that they are now suffering fiery punishment for their sins in a lake of fire?

Absolutely not!

In the sequence of Revelation 20 - read it for yourself - the incorrigibly wicked are resurrected to be thrown into the lake of fire after Satan is cast there! Read it, in Revelation 20:15.

What, then, will become of these wicked? Will they writhe in flames for eternity?

No!

The wicked will be burned up in the intense heat of the coming gehenna fire on earth. They will be consumed, annihilated, destroyed!

This punishment will be everlasting - permanent and final. The Bible calls it the "second death" (Rev. 20:14; 21:Cool - from which there is no possibility of a further resurrection.

The Bible does teach eternal punishment, but not eternal punishing.

The prophet Malachi provides a graphic description. "For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven, and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble, and the day that cometh shall burn them up…(4:1). To the righteous, God says that the wicked shall be "ashes under the soles of your feet . (Mal. 4:3).

http://home.sprynet.com/~pabco/tohell.htm
I actually read recently of five words for hell and as zimmah  mentioned .  One Hebrew, four Greek.  The above is just referring to the Greek, so the difference between the two is the word 'Abyss'.

Sheol (from the Hebrew)

Hades, Gehenna, Tartaroo and Abyss.

Abyss is found nine times, and is translated 'bottomless pit' in Revelation, according to Perry Stone's 'Secrets from Beyond the Grave'.

Got the book last summer when camping, but, lost the driver in reading it, so I have not gotten far with it.
The bottomless pit, or pit is as far as i know only found in revelation, Abyss a couple times in other versions in the NT. I would say its the same as tartaros since it always refers to fallen angels. Good luck trying to figure out what is in revelation when referring to bottomless pit, its all symbolic. None of it suggests mankind ever spends any time there

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

I believe that if one is "wicked".......he is dealt with in this life.  It's called karma.I do not believe that there's a judgemental "god" who sits on a throne and passes sentence on his "creations"......
So that either means you believe 'god' is ok with the wicked, or...

that 'god' does not exist.  If the latter, then, what makes someone wicked?   If there is no absolute standard, then are you saying that Hitler is wicked by one standard, not so by another, and who is anyone to judge which standard is wrong?
Shit happens - good people get hurt and bad people sometimes get a pass.  But mostly I believe that "evil" folks bring their own karma and it bites them - eventually.

Life is not fair.
Sometimes?

Do you really think people are respnsible for their choices?  Has science proven that?

Because, otherwise, there is no evil.  It is what it is.  No more evil than a tree falling on a house and hurting someone.
If you've not demonstrated anything else, it is the "wickedness" of how your "religious " beliefs have corrupted your mind.; you can't determine truth from lies; reality from fantasy.

If that's not "evil", I don't know what is.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:30:14 PM

Sana8410,Actually, being raised a Roman Catholic, I am familiar enough with purgatory.

Unfortunately, I was not taught about the grace of Jesus, God's Son.  About Jesus, but, that he died to set me free, that never clicked.  I was moved by his death on the cross, but, was quite sometime before I came to realize He did that on behalf of me, to see me free.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:36:07 PM

Sana8410,Actually, being raised a Roman Catholic, I am familiar enough with purgatory.

Unfortunately, I was not taught about the grace of Jesus, God's Son.  About Jesus, but, that he died to set me free, that never clicked.  I was moved by his death on the cross, but, was quite sometime before I came to realize He did that on behalf of me, to see me free.
But later you became an insufferable evangelical Protestant who never learned to shut  up.including becoming an insufferable liar.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:36:21 PM

Part of that is the RC church where I went being lukewarm to the truth of the gospels; part of the blindness was due to my own sin.  

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:39:20 PM

But later you became an insufferable evangelical Protestant who never learned to shut  up.including becoming an insufferable liar.
Not a Protestant.  Not if one means by that one that attends a church that came out of the protestant reformation.There were churches outside the RC before that reformation.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:40:30 PM

But, often folks think of Protestant as one that is not RC.  That is common.  Of course, not technically true.  One can belong to the Orthodox churches, not Protestant or RC or Baptist, etc.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:43:15 PM

But, often folks think of Protestant as one that is not RC.  That is common.  Of course, not technically true.  One can belong to the Orthodox churches, not Protestant or RC or Baptist, etc.
No Christian believes that Dinosaurs and Human beings lived together and ate grass  in the garden of Eden.No Church, RC; Calvanist; or otherwise believes your bullshit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: