Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to the wicked upon death?  (Read 6553 times)
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:06:59 PM

I do believe that you most definitely become compost.
+1
but careful, you may become wicked compost!
don't worry, I believe it's just the same as saint compost...

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

So,Sana8410,From what the book is sayign the word abyss (Greek abussos) is found nine times in the New Testament.

Translated seven times as "bottomless pit' in Revelation.

The other two are in Luke and Romans.

Luke 8:31 -  They were imploring Him not to command them to go away into the abyss

Romans 10:7 -   or, Who shall descend into the abyss? (That is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:22:44 PM

So,Sana8410,From what the book is sayign the word abyss (Greek abussos) is found nine times in the New Testament.

Luke 8:31 -  They were imploring Him not to command them to go away into the abyss

Romans 10:7 -   or, Who shall descend into the abyss? (That is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)
Romans 10;7, the word 'deep' is in the KJV for Abyss and the context is talking about a desire to see Israel saved so i don't know what that would mean in that context

In luke 8;31 the demons don't want to go into the Abyss, which is the bottomless pit we can conclude. In Revelation an angel comes from Heaven with a key to the bottomless pit, he opens it and smoke comes out, and a beast comes out and makes war against the 2 witnesses. So the Abyss at some point becomes part of the prison for the demons, and at some point they are locked and sealed back in this pit, but revelation tends to span through a time period that we can't understand. An example of this is maybe in REV 17;8

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

God created evil people to throw in hell. Kind a sadistic guy. I wonder if he also tortured puppies as a kid! Hmmm this God why would he created the evil?
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

Romans 10;7, the word 'deep' is in the KJV for Abyss and the context is talking about a desire to see Israel saved so i don't know what that would mean in that context

In luke 8;31 the demons don't want to go into the Abyss, which is the bottomless pit we can conclude. In Revelation an angel comes from Heaven with a key to the bottomless pit, he opens it and smoke comes out, and a beast comes out and makes war against the 2 witnesses. So the Abyss at some point becomes part of the prison for the demons, and at some point they are locked and sealed back in this pit, but revelation tends to span through a time period that we can't understand. An example of this is maybe in REV 17;8
Yeah, I did not add any conclusions intentionally about those verses - just wanted to note that they are out there.And, yes, apart from the Romans verse, they do appear to all apply to demons/fallen angels.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:29:53 PM

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Notice, was, is not, and yet is which means we can't know when all this takes place really, just some time table only God knows. However the bottomless pit is still only in reference to wicked angels as some prison, but maybe a more restraining prison then tatoros. So even if this can be seen as a 4th hell (which i don't believe it is) it still is for demons not mankind

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:31:49 PM

The same thing that happens to the devout, the wonderful, and the fundamentalist liar like yourself zolace.  You decompose and your matter changes form and off you go into whatever cycle your elements take you.  

zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:32:05 PM

The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Notice, was, is not, and yet is which means we can't know when all this takes place really, just some time table only God knows. However the bottomless pit is still only in reference to wicked angels as some prison, but maybe a more restraining prison then tatoros. So even if this can be seen as a 4th hell (which i don't believe it is) it still is for demons not mankind
Now, is the author agreeing or not that the beast and false prophet have been there in lake the entire 1000 years?  They were  put there at the start, and they are still there after 1000 years.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:35:04 PM

Now, is the author agreeing or not that the beast and false prophet have been there in lake the entire 1000 years?  They were  put there at the start, and they are still there after 1000 years.

I can't speak to the 1000 years because i haven't decided what it means exactly, but i'm leaning toward a future time, because the beast and false prophet in my mind still exist here.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

The beast and false prophet are works of satan which could mean his works are destroyed before him, thus where the beast and false are

Is your question leading to proving eternal torment in some way?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:49:18 PM

The beast and false prophet are works of satan which could mean his works are destroyed before him, thus where the beast and false are

Is your question leading to proving eternal torment in some way?
Not so much leading to eternal, but, at least leading to a time period.It is clear that the two are in this lake for a period of time, and not instantly destroyed when cast into the lake.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
JimClone

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

Ashes to Ashes dust to dust that's it.
sana8410

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

Right, a period of time which is not eternal. The term forever found in the bible translates 'aion' in the Greek meaning a period of time. It could be though some, depending on how great the sin, takes more time in the fire
Cor 3;13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Malachi 3:2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:59:39 PM

Right, a period of time which is not eternal. The term forever found in the bible translates 'aion' in the Greek meaning a period of time. It could be though some, depending on how great the sin, takes more time in the fire
Cor 3;13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Malachi 3:2 But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap
Ok, for someone reason I was under the impression that your position was that the punishment was instantaneous.

That they were instantly consumed when cast into the lake of fire.  How long they are there is dependent on their judgment?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

Ok, for someone reason I was under the impression that your position was that the punishment was instantaneous.

That they were instantly consumed when cast into the lake of fire.  How long they are there is dependent on their judgment?
Perhaps your reading comprehension skill ( or lack, thereof) let you down, Zolace.Your childish excuse about other people's reading skill is wearing thin, Zolace.
btcmaze

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:02:55 PM

Wicked guys gets sad after death.

Good guys stay happy  Cheesy

Wicked guys lose

Good guys win Smiley

Anyone joining btcmazism?

And i am Saint Maze and thee shall be happy

Version 2:
Good guys will become humans

Bad guys will make up the rest

That will explain population explosion

Version 3: Opposite of version 2.

zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:11:07 PM

Perhaps your reading comprehension skill ( or lack, thereof) let you down, Zolace.Your childish excuse about other people's reading skill is wearing thin, Zolace.
So, pointing out that I have read incorrectly is the same as you constantly distorting someone's words, even after they have pointed out to you that you have read incorrectly and you refusing to admit it?

See, one sign of good reading comprehension is that, when someone does get it wrong (we all do), we don't put up excuses.   Someone with poor reading comprehension does not see it even after it has been pointed out.

Your buddy tried to score on this also.  Apparently this has touched a nerve.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:12:02 PM

They will be instantly put to death by fire( 2 Thess 2;8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:)at the first resurrection, for those who believe in 2 resurrections, the second death is the judgment where each answers for their works. It would be consistent when seeing such things as "it will be more tolerable for some than others", BTW, some may be consumed instantly, but some won't

Revelation 20:12 ...'and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,according to their works.'

Revelation 21:6-8 ...'And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.'

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

They will be instantly put to death by fire( 2 Thess 2;8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:)at the first resurrection, for those who believe in 2 resurrections, the second death is the judgment where each answers for their works. It would be consistent when seeing such things as "it will be more tolerable for some than others", BTW, some may be consumed instantly, but some won't

Revelation 20:12 ...'and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books,according to their works.'

Revelation 21:6-8 ...'And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.'
that verse from 2 Thess need not necessarily refer to being consumed instantly, with no time in the lake of fire later.

Either, as you say, they are not existant until judgement day, or they are in some conscious existance till then, either way, in Rev 20, even the wicked from today are then judged and cast in the lake of fire.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:18:01 PM

12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne; and books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, [even] the lake of fire.
15 And if any was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: