Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple pay will make bitcoin (even more) useless. Let's deal with it.  (Read 7828 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

Quote from: Impros88
hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

I guess this dumbass sold his coins..... Grin Now hes hating.

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. Btc has deluded me a lot. At first I was involved and invested a lot, I had some savings I did not use them to live, so I tried. I won something first, I invested a second time and at third time I involved a big capital. I was unlucky. It was in December 2013.

If you believe in what bitcoin is trying to do, then stick with it. We still have a long road ahead of us.

more or less retired.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:31:59 PM

Lol...guys why you wasting time on this clown.

At best he's a blathering idiot but more likely some shill of sorts for some interest group.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Gambiteesee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:50:22 AM

Apple and bitcoin should not compete with each other. They should use each other to gain more users and money.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:50:45 PM

Apple and bitcoin should not compete with each other. They should use each other to gain more users and money.

Some day Applepay will use BTC.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:13:05 PM

This is a non event because Apple pay is going to fail.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

Quote from: Impros88
hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

I guess this dumbass sold his coins..... Grin Now hes hating.

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. Btc has deluded me a lot. At first I was involved and invested a lot, I had some savings I did not use them to live, so I tried. I won something first, I invested a second time and at third time I involved a big capital. I was unlucky. It was in December 2013.

If you believe in what bitcoin is trying to do, then stick with it. We still have a long road ahead of us.

Yes because the Great Pirate Rabbit is developing offline storage tech that's phenomenally cool and when they go mainstream, you're gonna want one so hard! Cheesy

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:35:58 PM

people live for apple products.  how many million spend $600+ for their new phones every year?  to do the exact same things possible on the previous generation too...

these people will start to use apple pay, and if the fees are low enough to enable sending of money worldwide that is a big hit to btc.  that was one of the biggest things btc had going for it.  companies are going to beat btc to the punch, before it gets too big
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:11:39 AM

people live for apple products.  how many million spend $600+ for their new phones every year?  to do the exact same things possible on the previous generation too...

these people will start to use apple pay, and if the fees are low enough to enable sending of money worldwide that is a big hit to btc.  that was one of the biggest things btc had going for it.  companies are going to beat btc to the punch, before it gets too big
You cannot send money anywhere with apple pay. It is only for "in person" transactions when you phone transmits your credit card information to the merchant in an encrypted format. People are saying that apple pay is a threat to bitcoin because of the hope that bitcoin would be used in a retail setting (buying things in physical stores)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
rajaukauka

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:37:26 AM

don't compare between
apple pay with bitcoins ,its different ... Grin

blackbird307

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:40:49 AM

You know what apple pay is? Credit card on your phone. Now that isn't very safe is it?

Take a debit card out of your pocket put it into a machine and press 4 digits (your pin number)
now
take out your iphone, swipe the screen to unlock the touchpad, open the applepay app, hold the ipone near a NFC reader and hold the home button for 5 seconds.

Exactly!

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:54:24 AM

applepay is just a gimmick.. its still using fiat. all that has changed is that the debit card now chunkier has a touchscreen.

Just no. Apple Pay is more than simply using your phone in lieu of your credit or debit card.

Please look into the matter before making wild incorrect assertions.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:15:22 PM

You cannot send money anywhere with apple pay. It is only for "in person" transactions when you phone transmits your credit card information to the merchant in an encrypted format. People are saying that apple pay is a threat to bitcoin because of the hope that bitcoin would be used in a retail setting (buying things in physical stores)

but when they add new features, such as sending money to other people, it will further weaken bitcoin, and give it one less feature to tout over fiat.
Jerome?

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:43:39 AM

don't compare between
apple pay with bitcoins ,its different ... Grin

It is different... Smiley Still apple will walk hand in hand with bitcoin to make more money..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:18:06 AM

Bitcoin is first and foremost a commodity like a new digital gold (instead of moving tons of dirt, lots of numbers shifted) and secondary can be used as currency just like gold. Money is not something you buy you take it with one hand and spent with the other.
Satoshi is so far ahead of everyone its not funny.
Coinbuddy

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:51:01 AM

Apple & Bitcoin?
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:08:26 AM

And yes I invested in btc. I believed in the idea at first and wanted to make profit too obviously as you all.

There is a fundamental flaw in this sentence.

There is a difference between the moron that "Invests" in Gold at $1800 because is "going to da moon and JP Morgue and the Banksters are rigging COMEX" and the guy that don't believe in the current fiat system and purchases a roll of american silver eagles each year and a St. Gaudens every year on his birthday. For this last guy, the price is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, every profit *realized* (this word is very important) is always welcomed, and everyone loves to earn a buck, either in a 3x2 savings in the Mall or selling checkCoin at 3200 satoshis and repurchasing it at 1700.  Roll Eyes

But i know a lot of people that are buying Bitcoins since a couple years now. They buy at $200, they buy at $600, they buy at $800 and now at $400. They buy it, reinvest it on mining, startups, NXT Asset Exchange companies, Exchanges stocks, etc. They are effectively "investing" on BTC. But thats not a buy low sell high scheme.

You sound like the standard case of latecomer looking for a quick buck. You will get burned that way. Stabilize your priorities, set yourself a goal, revise what do you really think about BTC and choose a course of action. Even if you bought at $800 30 BTC , if you decide to sell at $300 it will be a nice option to restart again in some other field which you know best and / or feel more comfortable with.
This is my advise, with all respect.

This space is for lease, apparently.
King Agamemnon

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:13:30 AM

I think so too.. That is why bitcoin is still on down side as of today.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: