Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple pay will make bitcoin (even more) useless. Let's deal with it.  (Read 7828 times)
AMVM

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:27:57 PM

OP's sry. but:

http://jasonapril.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/bpgpidiigaafji1-large.jpg?w=584

PS: I'm currently losing money with BTC. That doesn't mean I'll come out with this "fuck all this is ponzi" shi@ plz... You so buthurt its funny
kamudimana

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:43:03 PM

i have never feel good with apple's strategy  Tongue
flyingcatt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:28:17 PM

Apple is a fraud, apple pay will never be the as bitcoin.
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:24:38 PM

Apple is a fraud, apple pay will never be the as bitcoin.

But Applepay can incorporate BTC in the future.
pikabit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:54:24 PM

OP has literally NO IDEA what he is talking about Sad
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:51:09 AM

OP has literally NO IDEA what he is talking about Sad

if you casual Internet nerdish basement dweller says so without even saying why, it must be true. No doubt.
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

Your an Idiot!?  Is that enough of a comment? Oh sorry Let me add one more little thing..

Here is a world 10 yrs from now, where many if not Most merchants businesses accept BTC:

Scenario:

I am Sydney Australia, and my friend is in Berlin. He needs some cash Instantly for a Taxi unfortunately he happened to drink a little too much and spent all his money for the night and forgot he needed a taxi (Taxi's In Germany accept BTC in this world) so he SMS me from across the world and says Bro can I ask you for a favour !! Can I borrow 0.04 for a taxi I am all out ..... I say yes no worries and send over the amount he wanted, Instantly he sees the transfer happen in his BTC wallet and transaction waiting for a confirmation, in exactly 7 minutes the money was in his wallet ready to spend. (Happened to be a fast confirmation today as it usually takes a whole 8-10minutes For the funds to be irreversible and CLEAR.

Your friend should really call his friends or his parents rather than waiting for you to help with the taxi fare...
Last block 48 minutes Wink.

Just because a transaction is 0/unconfirmed does not mean that the inputs are not able to be spent. For a transaction this small, the taxi company would likely accept it as well.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

Your an Idiot!?  Is that enough of a comment? Oh sorry Let me add one more little thing..

Here is a world 10 yrs from now, where many if not Most merchants businesses accept BTC:

Scenario:

I am Sydney Australia, and my friend is in Berlin. He needs some cash Instantly for a Taxi unfortunately he happened to drink a little too much and spent all his money for the night and forgot he needed a taxi (Taxi's In Germany accept BTC in this world) so he SMS me from across the world and says Bro can I ask you for a favour !! Can I borrow 0.04 for a taxi I am all out ..... I say yes no worries and send over the amount he wanted, Instantly he sees the transfer happen in his BTC wallet and transaction waiting for a confirmation, in exactly 7 minutes the money was in his wallet ready to spend. (Happened to be a fast confirmation today as it usually takes a whole 8-10minutes For the funds to be irreversible and CLEAR.

Your friend should really call his friends or his parents rather than waiting for you to help with the taxi fare...
Last block 48 minutes Wink.

The OP's friend does not need to call his parents because he can use the bitcoin that was sent to him. His friend can simply spend the bitcoin that was sent to him. There is nothing in the protocol that prevents someone from spending an unconfirmed input

ErnieBall

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

There's Breadwallet though..
landonbridge

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

Why can you say that? From what his happening now.. Paypal is on its way to embracing the ideals of bitcoin.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:56:24 AM

Paypal formed partnership with Bitpay, Coinbase and Gocoin.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:10:03 AM

I think some people won't use apple pay / nfc payment because some nude photos leaked
That mean apple not secure enough  Grin

Paypal formed partnership with Bitpay, Coinbase and Gocoin.

Don't keep / use your bitcoin from that service

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
greeneye222

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:36:38 AM

Everything is a business strategy.. It doesnt matter what they are getting as long as they are getting.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:59:43 PM

Apple pay will make no inroads into my economy. I use only the best money, only bitcoin.
They are not even comparable ideas, IMO.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:35:18 AM

Hopefully it will end up being the opposite, and BTC ends up making apple pay useless. And this is coming from someone who uses a lot of Apple products...
BlackHawk23

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:59:37 AM

The possibility to pay using the NFC technology it is not an apple's exclusive. You can do it since 2006.
Really i don't think Apple Pay will change the bitcoin's world so hard  Wink
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:24:49 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 07:54:24 AM by 5000Bitcoins

I don't know why people are harassing him. I feel most claims are legit. I own both AAPL and BTC but don't feel like for one to win one has to lose

It is easy to say bad stuff why Bitcoin will fail when we're in a bearmarket. It happends in stocks too, bankers suiciding talking about the end of the world etc..
Then when it goes up everybody is a financial genius.  Cheesy

Bottom line ofcourse companies like AAPL will COMPETE with Bitcoin because it is a huge market and if interest grows why shouldn't they?
Competition is healthy and Bitcoin is niche as it is anyway... I don't think many using Bitcoin will use APPLEPAY.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:29:15 AM

Quote from: Impros88
hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

I guess this dumbass sold his coins..... Grin Now hes hating.

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. Btc has deluded me a lot. At first I was involved and invested a lot, I had some savings I did not use them to live, so I tried. I won something first, I invested a second time and at third time I involved a big capital. I was unlucky. It was in December 2013.

un fortunately i cannot sell. I would lose 40% of my investment. <- this is some worrysome logic tho
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

You are comparing against 2 different things. Apple pay is still based on fiat and not a currency in the first place

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:14:38 PM

applepay is just a gimmick.. its still using fiat. all that has changed is that the debit card now chunkier has a touchscreen. its still taking something out your pocket and putting your hand near a machine.

if you watch the demo you see people pressing a few gestures on the screen to get into the applepay app and then holding the home button for 5 seconds..

so think about it practically.
take a debit card out of your pocket put it into a machine and press 4 digits (your pin number)
now
take out your iphone, swipe the screen to unlock the touchpad, open the applepay app, hold the ipone near a NFC reader and hold the home button for 5 seconds.

most people think that iphone is more practical compared to debit cards.. the reality is that you end up doing more muscle movements with an iphone. and have to rely on the fact that your phone has battery power.

now let me list the downsides of applepay compared to debit cards.
1. battery life of phone - you cant buy anything unless phone is charged up
2. requires you to enter your phones pin to activate screen
3. anyone standing within a few feet of you can 'sniff' the data being sent (yes they can)
4. if you have a cracked screen, your bankwont send you a new ipone to allow you to continue buying stuff
5. apple take a fee,
6. its still FIAT being used

i personally would say that applepay is the introduction people can use into bitcoin, letting people see that they can pay through a phone wallet. thats the gimmick part done..
but then introducing the new currency bitcoin as the deflationary and more secure/non-chargeback, little to no fee alternative.

applepay in my eyes is just a wallet app for fiat.. not any better than debit cards, not any faster than debit cards not any cheaper than debit cards.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: