Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:01:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Secure bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 36248 times)
Mrs.Van.Braam

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:02:40 AM

Most secure wallet in general i think that already try and use by many people and always have an update on it..
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:12:19 PM

I think since you send your bitcoin to offline wallet and does not spread your bitcoin address you should be safe.

It does not matter if it is paper wallet or trezor(which i prefer more) but it cost 99$ and paper wallet few cents to print it.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:42:39 PM

If you want to be completely secure you should use a brain wallet or a Paper wallet. you can use Armory or Electrum to generate the paper wallet.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:46:34 PM

If you want to be completely secure you should use a brain wallet or a Paper wallet. you can use Armory or Electrum to generate the paper wallet.

It's still not %100 secure. Actually it's one of the least secure thing. Paper can be destroyed easily, for example with water.
smith coins

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:13:47 PM

I think that you have not seen the last "hack" for the brain wallets.

Someone was able to "hack" to get the passphrase of the wallets and easily get the bitcoins.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

It's still not %100 secure. Actually it's one of the least secure thing. Paper can be destroyed easily, for example with water.

I think were talking about security from others.   Paper can be laminated to make it  be more resistant.  Even can store copies on USB.  Just keep them safe.

As far as security if done right paper wallets really are very secure.   And you should store them where they are not effected by elements like water, or where others see them.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:39:20 AM

Most secure wallet in general i think that already try and use by many people and always have an update on it..

I use XAPO online wallet and I find it quite good and safe because each login they will send one time password to registered mobile number so I find it quite safe unless some one destroy their server it self then do not know. But those are worst cases and also if one think those worst cases then no wallet will be safe to use.
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:39:46 AM

I think since you send your bitcoin to offline wallet and does not spread your bitcoin address you should be safe.

It does not matter if it is paper wallet or trezor(which i prefer more) but it cost 99$ and paper wallet few cents to print it.
For large amounts of money, nothing beats a properly generated paper wallet. In my opinion, then a paper wallet is more safe than a trezor.
iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:43:05 AM

In desktop wallets, Bitcoin core is the safest because it downloads the entire blockchain history. Unlike electrum and multibit, there was a vulnerability which could have caused the loss of money a few months back as miners were spv mining.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 04:12:54 AM

hi,Im new on this and I was wondering what is the most secure bitcoin wallet ? is it fine if I continue with blockchain.info ? nothing to fear from ? I won't lose my BTC or anything else ? thanks
I don't know if I stick with Web-based or go to Desktop applications

The most secure wallet is one in which you maintain possession of your private keys. The easiest way to do that and still be able to easily make day to day transactions with complete protection against malware is to use a hardware wallet. Forget paper wallets or brain wallets.

There are several hardware wallets on the market but the most widely reviewed and accepted is Trezor. It is easy to learn to use, costs $99 and will also work with Mycelium wallet on your Android phone. Trezor has their own web wallet that works fine but you can also use it with several other wallets.

When you initialize your Trezor you are given 24 words (the seed) that you can use to regenerate your wallet if you lose it or break it. As long as you never lose that list of 24 words your bitcoin are completely secure. If you doubt the utility and security of Trezor just visit their website and read the reviews.

Hexcoin

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:29:43 AM

In desktop wallets, Bitcoin core is the safest because it downloads the entire blockchain history. Unlike electrum and multibit, there was a vulnerability which could have caused the loss of money a few months back as miners were spv mining.

but downloading the entire blockchain isnt really good as it can affect your daily transactions IMHO
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:48:52 PM

but downloading the entire blockchain isnt really good as it can affect your daily transactions IMHO

how does it affect the daily transactions you are doing? i run bitcoin core with the full blockchain and everything works perfectly fine. beside that, you are also helping the network as your client with full blockchain functions as a node.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

how does it affect the daily transactions you are doing? i run bitcoin core with the full blockchain and everything works perfectly fine. beside that, you are also helping the network as your client with full blockchain functions as a node.

maybe he means that the process of synchronizing with the network would take long for him. so if you want to spend your coins you have to wait a long time first before being able to do so.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:55:46 PM

https://www.coinbase.com
very trusted
coinbase certificate http://prntscr.com/8knpe2
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 02:22:50 PM

very trusted

Yes Coinbase is exchange company but its wallet is not bad and secure.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:51:47 PM

Coinbase is good and secured via f2a and i think the we need to secured our coins is to install updated anti virus because some trojan virus can collect your information.....

stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:02:34 AM

Multibit HD is my recommendation
1. Desktop wallet
2. Hardware wallet interface option
3. Hierarchically deterministic

But now a days people look for multi-signature wallet?
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:42:23 AM

Multibit HD is my recommendation
1. Desktop wallet
2. Hardware wallet interface option
3. Hierarchically deterministic

But now a days people look for multi-signature wallet?

I think electrum is better than multibit hd, multibit hd has fewer options.
x_Molotov

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:23:49 PM

IMO, all of the wallets are somewhat safe and secure.

You don't know which one may be hacked, which is a perfectly possible event.
So I chose one with 2FA, mnemonic, phone access, and alias.

That is blockchain.info.

It also has relatively low fees, and the fact you can use private wallets.

My other wallets have been Hive, and Coinbase.

Hive was painfully basic, little to no security.

Coinbase's fees were a tad high and there was talk of lower security/hackages.

So, I swapped over to blockchain.info, which has all of the security options stated above, it has the same addresses, and it also *has the 5+ ways to download|backup your wallet!*

Seems pretty damn secure to me!

Yes, it is always possible to have your wallet be hacked, site wide.
Just like having Paypal, or some other big bank.
Just like having a bank being hold up and robbed at gunpoint.

But if you have 8+ ways to keep your shiz safe, there is def. no way your personal wallet will be hacked Smiley

Just my thoughts as a growing bitcoin newbie

x_Molotov
smith coins

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:28:57 PM

very trusted

If you mean about the encrypted link between a server and a client then most of the websites nowadays have implemented SSL.
It makes their website secure but the OP is asking about the wallet how secure is it, but coinbase wallets are not much secured.
They can be shut down at any time that the coinbase can be offline or out of the market, so your don't possess in your hand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: