Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox announces its new Withdraw Center  (Read 6229 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 03:21:25 PM

Why does it take so long to transfer money from gox to dwolla...

I know, it could take up to 6 days, and i've only had it transfered for 1 business day total (submitted friday).

Thank god I have additional coins & funds in CampBX.com that I transfered on Saturday night, and they went through by Sunday.

Grin

Hello,

This is because we are getting a huge volume of Dwolla withdrawal requests and we are processing them according to the queue.  Sorry for the delay, but we expect to be able to resolve this problem soon. 

So just how long should someone wait before opening a ticket about a withdraw to dwolla from mtgox taking so long?
When I first started doing this it was FAST. Then it just got slower and slower to the point if I let it go for a week it
does not complete and I have to open a ticket to get any movement on it. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mt.Gox_Natalie

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 02:11:08 AM

Why does it take so long to transfer money from gox to dwolla...

I know, it could take up to 6 days, and i've only had it transfered for 1 business day total (submitted friday).

Thank god I have additional coins & funds in CampBX.com that I transfered on Saturday night, and they went through by Sunday.

Grin

Hello,

This is because we are getting a huge volume of Dwolla withdrawal requests and we are processing them according to the queue.  Sorry for the delay, but we expect to be able to resolve this problem soon. 

So just how long should someone wait before opening a ticket about a withdraw to dwolla from mtgox taking so long?
When I first started doing this it was FAST. Then it just got slower and slower to the point if I let it go for a week it
does not complete and I have to open a ticket to get any movement on it. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. If you have waited longer than 6 business days and the funds still have not arrived in your account, please submit a ticket and we will open an investigation for you. 
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:13:32 PM

when adding a withdraw method (wire) it asks for MY name and address, but doesn't ask for the beneficiary account name (company).

i hope mtgox has thought about the fact that these are sometimes different.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 11:40:29 PM

when adding a withdraw method (wire) it asks for MY name and address, but doesn't ask for the beneficiary account name (company).

I had the same issue, where it says 'Your Name' you fill in your company name and not your personal name

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
payb.tc

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:41:53 PM

I had the same issue, where it says 'Your Name' you fill in your company name and not your personal name

-Charlie

well that's what i would have thought, but then, i take things too literally and obey the request to fill YOUR NAME: YOUR ADDRESS.

so i guess i'll go back and use fuzzy logic instead.

edit: deeerrrp! the name field is too long... i hope mtgox realise that company names can be waaaaay longer than personal names :/
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 11:45:06 PM

-Charlie

well that's what i would have thought, but then, i take things too literally and obey the request to fill YOUR NAME: YOUR ADDRESS.

I literally did the same thing, and my wire was in limbo for like 2 weeks.

Your the smart one and actually asked lol

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

payb.tc

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:46:21 PM

-Charlie

I literally did the same thing, and my wire was in limbo for like 2 weeks.

Your the smart one and actually asked lol

edited the above post... perhaps i should 'ask' if it's okay to chop of the end of your company name, before sending a wire.

it's too tempting not to say:

Mt.Gox makes your withdrawals less convenient by updating its Withdraw Center
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 12:05:49 AM

Actually we can only send funds to the user of the MtGox account. If the MtGox account is opened for a company, then "Your name" is, from a company's point of view, the company's name.

Without this kind of wording, some people think that they can actually send funds to whoever they want (which would be no longer a "withdraw" but a "transfer").
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 12:21:43 AM

Actually we can only send funds to the user of the MtGox account. If the MtGox account is opened for a company, then "Your name" is, from a company's point of view, the company's name.

Without this kind of wording, some people think that they can actually send funds to whoever they want (which would be no longer a "withdraw" but a "transfer").

+1

See, I told you MtGox always has a good reason  Grin

payb.tc

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 12:28:40 AM

hi, but i've already been through all this almost a year ago, and have successfully sent ID documents, been verified, and have sent money to this company bank account before... so now i'm confused as to what i need to input on this more 'convenient' withdrawal centre.

i think i'll just have to send a detailed email to support i guess.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 02:42:05 PM

If anyone cares to know.. a dwolla withdraw still takes quite a few business days.
I pretty much do a withdraw and forget about it for a week. Eventually it shows up
at dwolla. I did one on the 27th so it will probably show up next week.
payb.tc

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 06:08:21 AM

question:

since i added my bank account twice, (once with my name, and once with the company name), only 1 has been verified and made it into the list... however i can't see which one has, because all it says is my bank name, with no way to edit it or view details before hitting submit.

so i wonder, how can i tell which one was actually verified... how can i tell what bank details that item in the drop-down box actually has recorded against it?

to see if it would take me to a further page with details on it, i entered a small amount ($2) and hit submit, but nope it's just immediately sending me $2 by international wire now apparently. i wonder where to.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:41:54 AM

I was wondering about that.  It would be an AML compliance nightmare if people could add whatever accounts they felt like to their withdraw centre.  I know that some of the online poker sites would only let you withdraw to accounts you'd previously used to make deposits, for that very reason.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
payb.tc

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:53:58 AM

I was wondering about that.  It would be an AML compliance nightmare if people could add whatever accounts they felt like to their withdraw centre.  I know that some of the online poker sites would only let you withdraw to accounts you'd previously used to make deposits, for that very reason.

i agree, however i'd also think that previously-verified and accepted accounts (as shown in my withdrawal history) would have been okay.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: