Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:07:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Doge is exploding right now  (Read 5719 times)
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:18:19 PM

maybe the current runup in doge price is coming from here Huh Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774058

Uhhh no

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:19:52 PM

influenced and motivated from here Tongue Huh
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:20:49 PM

I am not understanding who is buying this coin? Volume is third of all coins, which is a lot... I get the community, but the community in general has no money. So what are any big players thinking on this right now.

I am actually a fan of Doge but more from the standpoint that I don't think the coin is going to go away, not sure if I think this current price increase has staying power.

Dogecoin is seriously undervalued, look at market cap. Either that, or Litecoin is seriously overvalued. Anybody who does investing semi-professionally can stack pros and cons of both and balance the weights against each other. These are relative valuations though. Both coins could be worth zero tomorrow, but related to each other there is a large disbalance in valuation. So when you ask who is buying Dogecoin, first ask who is buying Litecoin and why? Because it makes zero sense to buy Litecoin now when you have a better Scrypt coin (better = better in qualities and much undervalued, two main qualities are marketing achievements and activity of community). I believe LTC and Doge disbalance in valuations will not last long, their market caps will be equal, maybe they will be equal at $50m or $100m, no idea, but they have to be, disbalances of the market don't last forever.

Well i am one to say LTC is overvalued. No real world usage. However, better crypto is really a meaningless term, 99% of humans wouldn't care, both LTC and DOGE are faster than BTC, that is all that matters to most people.

I do think DOGE is going to continue this run up though. I am thinking it is going to settle in at 50 million market cap.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:24:12 PM

It's not going to settle at anything, it will fluctuate, like any other coin. Or did you mean within a short time frame? Short time frames are not predictable. Don't play those unless you're a trader with years of experience. Selecting what's undervalued and hodling it for long term is the best strategy for most people.
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:29:16 PM

It's not going to settle at anything, it will fluctuate, like any other coin. Or did you mean within a short time frame? Short time frames are not predictable. Don't play those unless you're a trader with years of experience. Selecting what's undervalued and hodling it for long term is the best strategy for most people.

what i mean is that i don't see a monster bubble for doge like it had in the past. A run up to 50 million seems reasonable to me, as it has a large following. Sure it fluctuate, but when I say settle I mean take a breather.

I am by no means a trader with any experience at all whatsoever. Not that I think any experience really makes you better. The only thing that I think makes you better is information and cheating (insider info, manipulation)

NewAgeCrypto (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:58:09 PM

Wow there's a lot of bagholders here.. and you guys really hope that DOGE will reach 50 sats ?
No it won't.. sell before it's too late

Another derp bites the dust.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:07:35 PM

Wow there's a lot of bagholders here.. and you guys really hope that DOGE will reach 50 sats ?

DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:28:58 PM

Another derp bites the dust.

funny stuff

doo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:05:55 PM

Doge is on the way to moon
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:13:18 PM

and it happened today, 50 sats for doge now. Let's see if it goes higher or it will top near 50
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:31:58 PM

How many sats was the all time high?
pringbit

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:37:17 PM

Doge is building another bubble at the moment, wait some more days and you will see...
chris_ben

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:37:34 PM

Hope Doge keeps rising. Fingers crossed
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:38:21 PM

How many sats was the all time high?

i think it's 299 or something like that, i got close to 300 but if i remember right it never reach the 300 marks
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

seems obvious to me some big players tried to go all out and pump it up with massive market manipulation.
someone or someone(s) is throwing BTC at it..

i want to warn NOOB investors buying in right now for a long term investment is pretty damn risky !
if i am right these manipulators are may be doing it simply to cash out once and for all on a grand scale.
and some smaller noobs are going to get burned and devoured soon enough.

i have not looked at the charts / numbers at all though..
but it could be a dumb ass moron buying up shit loads too i guess.
which if true means the price will just slide right back down where it was once he finishes buying.
See the VTC whale from a few months back at Cryptsy for an example Wink

anyway i look at it i see no long term stability and i still think Doge is a piece of shit of scam coin clone ponzi.
Investors beware the Meme joke doge useless CLONE coin.

FUD first & ask questions later™
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

Dogecoin hashrate spiked from 70 GH/s to 570 GH/s and keeps growing after auxPoW feature was introduced. The hashrate could soon be exactly the same as Litecoin's hashrate as pools can mine both coins without any trouble simultaneously. Which effectively makes all 51% FUDsters shut up. Now that the only advantage of Litecoin is gone, and now that it can never compete with Dogecoin's marketing advantages and huge active community, Litecoin's days are numbered. By the end of 2014 marketcaps of both will be equal, if not sooner.

As a doge holder I am very happy to see this run up.  I have to admit that I didn't think the merged mining with litecoin would go this well - I figured litcoin miners would just dump their doge like multipools used to do.  I agree, it mostly solves the 51% problem.  Litecoin really didn't exploit its early mover advantage.  Doge is fast and has a low and easy to understand transaction fee (1 doge), perfect for people new to crypto.

However, while doge is now safely away from the pink needle that is not the same as being as valuable as Litecoin, even in total market cap terms.  Doge has a lot of coins and no limit ever, this will dog it for awhile.

In the meantime, props to the community that kept it alive and it will be interesting to follow this run up.

Good Luck!
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:18:07 PM

seems obvious to me some big players tried to go all out and pump it up with massive market manipulation.
someone or someone(s) is throwing BTC at it..

i want to warn NOOB investors buying in right now for a long term investment is pretty damn risky !
if i am right these manipulators are may be doing it simply to cash out once and for all on a grand scale.
and some smaller noobs are going to get burned and devoured soon enough.

i have not looked at the charts / numbers at all though..
but it could be a dumb ass moron buying up shit loads too i guess.
which if true means the price will just slide right back down where it was once he finishes buying.
See the VTC whale from a few months back at Cryptsy for an example Wink

anyway i look at it i see no long term stability and i still think Doge is a piece of shit of scam coin clone ponzi.
Investors beware the Meme joke doge useless CLONE coin.

I think you can do a lot worse than Doge. #2 in Developers, #3 in volume, #2 in social network

all other alt-coins are dwarfed by Doge in all of these categories. I have marveled how many developers have stuck with the coin, and how resilient the subreddit remains

www.goingecko.com
www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin

Full disclosure I am one of the ones putting some BTC behind it. I think once the regular mining is done in a few months demand will exceed supply by a good margin as the coins has remained popular amongst a large group of non-technical users.

My kids like Doge btw, they think Bitcoin is for geezers, just a scary side not, what if they are right....

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:05:15 AM

for the love of god don't give me the Doge community bullshit  Roll Eyes

uggggh god spare me  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
simon28

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

What's up with the Doge community bullshit?
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:07:04 AM

54 satoshi and up.

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: