Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:47:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New pool coming

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Exclusive Coin - Cryptsy/Bittrex, CAT bot, Loads of News!  (Read 248465 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:08:11 AM

Ok so we need to implement a new stringency on coin.

Here is the plan, lets brainstorm this for Excl and Kingscrown.

Excl could implement special Exchange addresses for the coin. Maybe selling to BitCoin burns a portion of Excl back into PoS as it enters the exchange in a network Fee.
Inside each wallet we need a function, the Coin Age will not only be determined for PoS but also from an Exchange wallet. This will extrapolate more PoS for coin that stays away from Exchanges. Merchants will be burning coin yes, but they are the reason we use Excl to buy things with. We are safeguarding the money supply from a constant recycling of money at exchanges and simultaneously there will be less coin in circulation if people just keep selling for profit. Eventually making people who hold Excl more money in the long run and if Merchants decide to hold because of this then they complete the stability. These same people who hold now have the advantage in PoS. Freshly minted coin sent to an exchange will not burn Excl since selling needs to occur for people to buy in.

However this type of scenario works out best after we try to Game it and Test the theories then that is the direction needed.

Merchants holding a portion of their Excl make a better profit long run for themselves, it is like playing a stock while making their living. If you create worth by holding and not selling and you can trade for things you need then it may grow exponentially. At that point people will begin to value it more and hold even further.

Things to think about is a new way of dealing with PoS coin at this point. If that PoS coin can not be used until it is bought at the exchange then that is another base to build from. Maybe the buying of the Excl from BitCoin releases the Excl inside the PoS wallet into the exchange. So if no one is buying at a price the Merchants (or anyone for that matter) agree with, the PoS coin stays locked but synced in line of age. Since Excl will not be sold for less than a merchant needs to get out from in order to stay in business and be profitable! So you enable a line behind the merchants sort of. It would be like delineating freshly minted money so that it will not compete with Merchant liquidity. Something to that effect. The standards have to be setup since it is obvious Merchants need Liquidity, so allowing for that, also helps their stability and makes them not have to compete as much for that liquidity. People who buy in would be sold the new coin people who sell out burn a large portion coming into the exchange? This is drastic but it would show an equilibrium and boost the price of the coin close to BitCoin. People could then keep perpetual Excl in the exchange I think as long as it doesn't leave again it is not hit with a fee.

There needs to be a magic ratio here. So that merchants/profiteers/daytraders/whales sell Excl to BitCoin. As soon as the funds hit the exchange wallet they are marked for Burning and the new coin is what is sold to the buyers, there will be less new coin always.

I may have convoluted some of the aspects but again make the ideas work. Having that function in the wallet would be automatic, then any fees going into exchanges even if there is none coming out of exchanges, gets burned into new PoS. Every aspect has to compliment each other.

If we can make this theory work, suddenly you have just stabilized your economy and Merchants may be glad to hold and even buy Excl since they see the stability of it as an investment. The more people talk about it the more it would spread and the buys to get in would overwhelm the sells since most hold and only Liquidity or marginal profit takers leave.

Lets just keep brainstorming the hell out of this...

I love the fact you are thinking outside the box here.  Going to need to find a bit of time to really read what you have written (needs some brain power to process).  However I wanted to post a quick reply to thank you for this kind of forward thinking ...

Great! Thanks, I hope it makes sense as I wrote it on the fly. I was trying to mimic my idea earlier in the thread in order to sustain Merchants by backing their Stock with real money. But this may work better in the long run since we don't know who real merchants are and anyone selling just to profit is detrimental to any coin. People want coin values to go up so they can sell out creating no worth, most idealistic people just don't want to deal with banks and credit card fees and the entanglements of banking in general. They desire a sturdy currency though. BitCoin isn't even stable since the same fluctuations are always there. If the coin PEG's to the dollar though it could work, but people won't buy something that was made out of thin air when they can't use it to fill up their gas tank...

Creating a way that the coin constantly raises value while making it detrimental to get out is the best way I can think of stabilizing Excl. The only other way would take complete trust by the exchanges and the Dev. Accept BitCoin as a backing, IPO the coin, then take that money from the IPO and put it on a buy wall. It could value at BitCoin value exactly, and only as much as was sold. It just has to stay as a Buy Wall eternally or until sold out. If everyone sells out of the Coin the buy wall disappears. Then the coin is set by demand but people would actually know how much coin is available, then people who want to get in must buy from the Sell wall at whatever price the IPO buyers desire creating a margin of worth, meanwhile they know they can always get their money out by selling to the Buy Wall. This enables the Merchants to have liquidity and know that the coin is backed by real money. It would also PEG to BitCoin since the IPO is in BitCoin. But this is all based on Trust of the Dev or those in charge! This is why it always fails! Smiley But maybe not this time?

This is easier achieved with Proof of Stake only and Fees going to Stakers. POW miners will always dump and so always hurts the price, however you can also treat POS similar to POW and all POS Blocks are a fixed rate, that would give you a set amount of inflation per day that Stakers compete over and if you are not Staking then Stakers gain more reward and if the Fee is high enough, all trade also adds a small portion to Stake reward and all you would have to do is measure at which point the Fee would begin to make it too expensive along with the Stake reward, then if people dump they lose Coins and take Coins away from Staking, holders win.

Ok so the Transaction Fees go to the Stakers too. Yeah this was alluded to in my scenario since the coin sold was burned and the buyer gets newly minted coin from the exchange wallet which has less ability to gain PoS. Your idea still allows plunder in the markets though, unless you meant taking my plan into account within your suggestion. The fact that people sold means someone bought their coin cheaper and now devalue the rest of the coins waiting for someone else to buy in now higher to move the price up. You see the manipulations in AltCoins all the time. People selling to themselves to boost the prices, exchanges can't control this nor can the devs.

If Excl could create a service based on the coin that costs real money normally to participate then this would be a substantial way to stabilize. I think VPN security for computers would be a good idea. If there were a way to emulate a service like Hide My Ass and use real funds to create it physically. But that would need investment or just start small and put it on a decent service. Then as more users buy in monthly they have the option to use Excl to pay for the service, then they would have to buy at market prices.  The Key idea is to keep the speed of the VPN high to make it viable.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:27:00 AM

the coin has to go up up and away!

yolo
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:06:19 AM

Was how the coins used in auction buys explained? Are they horded for a higher price or are they sold at the time following an outlet sale?

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:59:26 AM

Excl could implement special Exchange addresses for the coin. Maybe selling to BitCoin burns a portion of Excl back into PoS as it enters the exchange in a network Fee.
Inside each wallet we need a function, the Coin Age will not only be determined for PoS but also from an Exchange wallet. This will extrapolate more PoS for coin that stays away from Exchanges. Merchants will be burning coin yes, but they are the reason we use Excl to buy things with. We are safeguarding the money supply from a constant recycling of money at exchanges and simultaneously there will be less coin in circulation if people just keep selling for profit. Eventually making people who hold Excl more money in the long run and if Merchants decide to hold because of this then they complete the stability. These same people who hold now have the advantage in PoS. Freshly minted coin sent to an exchange will not burn Excl since selling needs to occur for people to buy in.

However this type of scenario works out best after we try to Game it and Test the theories then that is the direction needed.

Merchants holding a portion of their Excl make a better profit long run for themselves, it is like playing a stock while making their living. If you create worth by holding and not selling and you can trade for things you need then it may grow exponentially. At that point people will begin to value it more and hold even further.

Things to think about is a new way of dealing with PoS coin at this point. If that PoS coin can not be used until it is bought at the exchange then that is another base to build from. Maybe the buying of the Excl from BitCoin releases the Excl inside the PoS wallet into the exchange. So if no one is buying at a price the Merchants (or anyone for that matter) agree with, the PoS coin stays locked but synced in line of age. Since Excl will not be sold for less than a merchant needs to get out from in order to stay in business and be profitable! So you enable a line behind the merchants sort of. It would be like delineating freshly minted money so that it will not compete with Merchant liquidity. Something to that effect. The standards have to be setup since it is obvious Merchants need Liquidity, so allowing for that, also helps their stability and makes them not have to compete as much for that liquidity. People who buy in would be sold the new coin people who sell out burn a large portion coming into the exchange? This is drastic but it would show an equilibrium and boost the price of the coin close to BitCoin. People could then keep perpetual Excl in the exchange I think as long as it doesn't leave again it is not hit with a fee.

There needs to be a magic ratio here. So that merchants/profiteers/daytraders/whales sell Excl to BitCoin. As soon as the funds hit the exchange wallet they are marked for Burning and the new coin is what is sold to the buyers, there will be less new coin always.

I may have convoluted some of the aspects but again make the ideas work. Having that function in the wallet would be automatic, then any fees going into exchanges even if there is none coming out of exchanges, gets burned into new PoS. Every aspect has to compliment each other.

If we can make this theory work, suddenly you have just stabilized your economy and Merchants may be glad to hold and even buy Excl since they see the stability of it as an investment. The more people talk about it the more it would spread and the buys to get in would overwhelm the sells since most hold and only Liquidity or marginal profit takers leave.

I love the fact you are thinking outside the box here.  Going to need to find a bit of time to really read what you have written (needs some brain power to process).  However I wanted to post a quick reply to thank you for this kind of forward thinking ...

Great! Thanks, I hope it makes sense as I wrote it on the fly. I was trying to mimic my idea earlier in the thread in order to sustain Merchants by backing their Stock with real money. But this may work better in the long run since we don't know who real merchants are and anyone selling just to profit is detrimental to any coin. People want coin values to go up so they can sell out creating no worth, most idealistic people just don't want to deal with banks and credit card fees and the entanglements of banking in general. They desire a sturdy currency though. BitCoin isn't even stable since the same fluctuations are always there. If the coin PEG's to the dollar though it could work, but people won't buy something that was made out of thin air when they can't use it to fill up their gas tank...

Creating a way that the coin constantly raises value while making it detrimental to get out is the best way I can think of stabilizing Excl. The only other way would take complete trust by the exchanges and the Dev. Accept BitCoin as a backing, IPO the coin, then take that money from the IPO and put it on a buy wall. It could value at BitCoin value exactly, and only as much as was sold. It just has to stay as a Buy Wall eternally or until sold out. If everyone sells out of the Coin the buy wall disappears. Then the coin is set by demand but people would actually know how much coin is available, then people who want to get in must buy from the Sell wall at whatever price the IPO buyers desire creating a margin of worth, meanwhile they know they can always get their money out by selling to the Buy Wall. This enables the Merchants to have liquidity and know that the coin is backed by real money. It would also PEG to BitCoin since the IPO is in BitCoin. But this is all based on Trust of the Dev or those in charge! This is why it always fails! Smiley But maybe not this time?

This is easier achieved with Proof of Stake only and Fees going to Stakers. POW miners will always dump and so always hurts the price, however you can also treat POS similar to POW and all POS Blocks are a fixed rate, that would give you a set amount of inflation per day that Stakers compete over and if you are not Staking then Stakers gain more reward and if the Fee is high enough, all trade also adds a small portion to Stake reward and all you would have to do is measure at which point the Fee would begin to make it too expensive along with the Stake reward, then if people dump they lose Coins and take Coins away from Staking, holders win.

Ok so the Transaction Fees go to the Stakers too. Yeah this was alluded to in my scenario since the coin sold was burned and the buyer gets newly minted coin from the exchange wallet which has less ability to gain PoS. Your idea still allows plunder in the markets though, unless you meant taking my plan into account within your suggestion. The fact that people sold means someone bought their coin cheaper and now devalue the rest of the coins waiting for someone else to buy in now higher to move the price up. You see the manipulations in AltCoins all the time. People selling to themselves to boost the prices, exchanges can't control this nor can the devs.

If Excl could create a service based on the coin that costs real money normally to participate then this would be a substantial way to stabilize. I think VPN security for computers would be a good idea. If there were a way to emulate a service like Hide My Ass and use real funds to create it physically. But that would need investment or just start small and put it on a decent service. Then as more users buy in monthly they have the option to use Excl to pay for the service, then they would have to buy at market prices.  The Key idea is to keep the speed of the VPN high to make it viable.

Well, with PayCon the Proof of Stake rewards is always 30 Coins in all Blocks, Blocktime is 1 minute, minimum age is 2 days, maximum age is 14 days, growth in Coins a day is 43200 and yearly growth of 15.7 million. The current Money supply is 4 million but in a year from now there will be 20 million, who get's that 16 million of Stake?? If all Blocks pay out the same then the size of your Block only helps determine when you would Stake, if you have all your Coins in one Block then you would Stake early and still only get a reward of 30 Coins, the amount of Coins you would get per day would be proportional to the amount you own, number of Blocks you have Staking on the network versus the total network weight. This means if everyone has their Coins on the exchange, they aren't Staking and everyone else is getting a larger portion of the generated Coins. If you aren't Staking you are losing out on your % vs the total money supply but if you are Staking, you are also gaining the amount that everyone else is not Staking.

I find that a fixed rate of inflation is more beneficial as you aren't battling compounding hyper-inflation but I think as you would head into the higher values that you would see an upper limit, say if it were worth $5 a Coin, then you'd have some 225K sell pressure so I've been thinking a lot about also increasing the Fees to match and that would also add to the rewards for Staking, increase competition a little.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:03:06 AM

Real,nice talk here some great infos. Loving excl community

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:41:30 AM

If Excl could create a service based on the coin that costs real money normally to participate then this would be a substantial way to stabilize. I think VPN security for computers would be a good idea. If there were a way to emulate a service like Hide My Ass and use real funds to create it physically. But that would need investment or just start small and put it on a decent service. Then as more users buy in monthly they have the option to use Excl to pay for the service, then they would have to buy at market prices.  The Key idea is to keep the speed of the VPN high to make it viable.

Well, with PayCon the Proof of Stake rewards is always 30 Coins in all Blocks, Blocktime is 1 minute, minimum age is 2 days, maximum age is 14 days, growth in Coins a day is 43200 and yearly growth of 15.7 million. The current Money supply is 4 million but in a year from now there will be 20 million, who get's that 16 million of Stake?? If all Blocks pay out the same then the size of your Block only helps determine when you would Stake, if you have all your Coins in one Block then you would Stake early and still only get a reward of 30 Coins, the amount of Coins you would get per day would be proportional to the amount you own, number of Blocks you have Staking on the network versus the total network weight. This means if everyone has their Coins on the exchange, they aren't Staking and everyone else is getting a larger portion of the generated Coins. If you aren't Staking you are losing out on your % vs the total money supply but if you are Staking, you are also gaining the amount that everyone else is not Staking.

I find that a fixed rate of inflation is more beneficial as you aren't battling compounding hyper-inflation but I think as you would head into the higher values that you would see an upper limit, say if it were worth $5 a Coin, then you'd have some 225K sell pressure so I've been thinking a lot about also increasing the Fees to match and that would also add to the rewards for Staking, increase competition a little.

I see what you are saying. And also take into account that price will auto flow with demand so even if there are more coins the price just dips down on profit takers, so stakers can make more later but if they profit then the supply for staking is dwindled slightly and on par with any down trend of MarketCap and Ratio's to BitCoin vs Fiat. Tweaking this around may work but if we can implement something hard coded into a Merchant wallet I think that would also be a first and show that we mean for the coin to be used for its intended purpose, instead of just a coin that everyone wants to pillage and rape for profits.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:30:54 AM

Referring to the interesting discussion above, i would like to add to this conversation. A good currency must be durable, portable, divisible and have intrinsic value. Bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies achieve this, however some of the things you have suggested would make the currency less durable and portable. There are very good reasons for these fundamental economic principles we should not ignore them. It seems like some of these suggestions are aimed at attempting to control the free market, for all of its faults it is a free market we must operate in. Furthermore i also think that anything above 2% proof of stake would be to much inflation, there are again good reasons why 2% is a sweet spot for inflation.

I still think that reducing the POW reward by introducing an emission curve is the best way to decrease inflation for the time being at least. Some very interesting ideas here though and its definitively good to think outside of the box, so keep the good ideas flowing, it was definitely an interesting read. Smiley

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:35:29 AM

Referring to the interesting discussion above, i would like to add to this conversation. A good currency must be durable, portable, divisible and have intrinsic value. Bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies achieve this, however some of the things you have suggested would make the currency less durable and portable. There are very good reasons for these fundamental economic principles we should not ignore them. It seems like some of these suggestions are aimed at attempting to control the free market, for all of its faults it is a free market we must operate in. Furthermore i also think that anything above 2% proof of stake would be to much inflation, there are again good reasons why 2% is a sweet spot for proof of stake.

I still think that reducing the POW reward by introducing an emission curve is the best way to decrease inflation for the time being at least. Some very interesting ideas here though and its definitively good to think outside of the box, so keep the good ideas flowing, it was definitely an interesting read. Smiley

Always pleasure to me reading such professional opinion, thank you, Veritas...
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:04:30 PM

Referring to the interesting discussion above, i would like to add to this conversation. A good currency must be durable, portable, divisible and have intrinsic value. Bitcoin and most cryptocurrencies achieve this, however some of the things you have suggested would make the currency less durable and portable. There are very good reasons for these fundamental economic principles we should not ignore them. It seems like some of these suggestions are aimed at attempting to control the free market, for all of its faults it is a free market we must operate in. Furthermore i also think that anything above 2% proof of stake would be to much inflation, there are again good reasons why 2% is a sweet spot for inflation.

POW/POS with a very low POW emission reward is a risk of attack, all POS Blocks can be shunted so that it can be POW only and then double spent, this attack was performed on MintCoin march of last year.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:38:27 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 05:58:32 PM by VeritasSapere

POW/POS with a very low POW emission reward is a risk of attack, all POS Blocks can be shunted so that it can be POW only and then double spent, this attack was performed on MintCoin march of last year.
Interesting, what would you then suggest to be a better solution for decreasing inflation instead? Would this still be a problem if we did a block halving once a year for instance? Since that would not be as much of an extreme reduction of POW at least.
Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:54:21 AM

It's great you are doing good, and talking a lot but your coin is dying.  Good Luck.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:14:36 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 05:26:43 AM by VeritasSapere

It's great you are doing good, and talking a lot but your coin is dying.  Good Luck.
Coin is not dying lol. Far from it, i do not see any reason to think that. Many exiting developments on the horizon.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:16:23 AM

Interesting, what would you then suggest to be a better solution for decreasing inflation instead? Would this still be a problem if we did a block halving once a year for instance? Since that would not be as much of an extreme reduction of POW at least.

Well Kingscrown was rather rude to me over a small request and he wants to be dev so even this much is more than I care to help so I wish you guys all the best.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Well Kingscrown was rather rude to me over a small request and he wants to be dev so even this much is more than I care to help so I wish you guys all the best.
Well thank you anyway, I wish you the best as well. I have found more information about this problem in this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551861.0

It seems like this problem can be overcome, especially if we keep it in mind when setting the parremeters for reducing POW. Obvously to little POW reward could cause problems, but a good middle ground can also be found it seems.
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:23:11 AM

EXCL MARKET/OUTLET OPEN AGAIN!

After some time down we are open again. As usual while prices seem the same for BTC/EXCL - on the end BTC has extra fee added.

http://outlet.exclusivecoin.pw/

Interested in our "bitmix" aka "btc ebay'? Byron Penner of Atomic Trade [currently Banx.io] confirmed we should be ready by June with full service where everyone can sell trought our built-in escrow.

For now test current outlet and enjoy!

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 02:55:54 PM

EXCL MARKET/OUTLET OPEN AGAIN!

After some time down we are open again. As usual while prices seem the same for BTC/EXCL - on the end BTC has extra fee added.

http://outlet.exclusivecoin.pw/

Interested in our "bitmix" aka "btc ebay'? Byron Penner of Atomic Trade [currently Banx.io] confirmed we should be ready by June with full service where everyone can sell trought our built-in escrow.

For now test current outlet and enjoy!

Yeah , finally , setting up an account on it Smiley
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:01:05 AM

yah, low rewards with low value means low difficulty.
low difficulty means increased risk of attack.

one use for dev fund/premine is PoS security.

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:27:57 AM

yah, low rewards with low value means low difficulty.
low difficulty means increased risk of attack.

one use for dev fund/premine is PoS security.

Exacly this coin is secured by pos.

Also. Nice! Market back again.

Better than xpy and gawminers never adding their coin anywhere hahaa

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:41:33 PM

Price Smiley 491 sats lol.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 09:53:40 PM

Price Smiley 491 sats lol.
There is definitely some cheap coins on the market at the moment, only 0.15 BTC on the way back up to 1k on Bittrex though lol.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: