Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:11:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New pool coming

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Exclusive Coin - Cryptsy/Bittrex, CAT bot, Loads of News!  (Read 248468 times)
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:57:16 PM

I have already previously commented on what I think would be best to implement in the fork earlier in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771755.msg10634697#msg10634697

In summary, obviously first of all the blocktime needs to now be increased. Furthermore and also I think that this is very important, the staking frequency must be reduced, not the staking amount which should still remain the same at two percent. This should fix problems with the wallet.dat file bloating and causing lag in the qt wallet. I think we should also reduce the block reward, to be more specific I suggest we reduce the reward by 1 coin per block per year. This way it does not compromise the security of the blockchain. If anyone has any more ideas about what should be implemented in this fork please speak up, now is our chance to make any changes that we might want.
What do you mean about the staking frequency? If you increase the block times, you reduce the staking frequency.
You are correct if you increase the block time you would thereby also reduce the staking frequency. However I do not think this would reduce the staking frequency enough since it was already a problem before the blocks started speeding up. If I where to compare the frequency of staking to BTCD and SDC for example. With BTCD the staking reward is collected two to three times per day which i think is a good target since it makes doing accounting easier. whereas on my SDC wallet i received staking reward twenty times per day on average. Now if i where to compare this to EXCL... lets just say i stopped counting after 400 lol. that is more then 400 transaction per day if you are staking on your excl wallet. My theory is that all of these transaction are causing a massive bloat to the wallet.dat file. To the point where the wallet could even become unusable. The temporary solution to this is pretty straight forward, just send your coins to a new wallet and then it runs smoothly again, however the problem would recur again after a few months of staking. Obviously this is a problem that must be fixed, this upcoming fork is definitely the perfect opportunity to do so.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:04:59 AM

lets go full PoS so we can kill the dumpers?!

yolo
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:49:38 AM

Works for PayCon, it even has pretty high inflation and also increasing in price.

What about just doing a swap to a new Coin?

Also, I was wondering if EXCL has a set of forums? Do you guys want a set of forums?
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:54:04 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on April 24th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
temp89

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:11:00 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on April 24th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

This is the reason I don't like Bittrex Angry.
cryptoangel

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:18:43 AM

People will dump everything on bittrex. Tongue

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:05:23 PM

Banx.io has Excl but little volume. So lets get some activity there instead.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 04:13:22 AM

while we work on the market can u guys keep volumes at bittrex and others? Smiley

hint: u can buy/sell to urself with same account on bittrex.

we are too busy doing coind to keep eye on exchanges.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 08:11:00 PM

Hope to see some action soon.
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 03:57:50 AM

veritas saphere is responsibe for getting me final specs of the fork [blok time, block size etc] - then we will fork this to make all investors happy and raise the price + fix current errors.
on the other hand due to current error - we are the fastest coin online.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:37:55 AM

veritas saphere is responsibe for getting me final specs of the fork [blok time, block size etc] - then we will fork this to make all investors happy and raise the price + fix current errors.

awesome, you should put it up for final review before you decide to implement it so that EXCL owners can vote and discuss any other changes.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 03:05:01 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 06:35:40 PM by VeritasSapere

awesome, you should put it up for final review before you decide to implement it so that EXCL owners can vote and discuss any other changes.
I will post all the planned changes here so that we can discuss it. So far we are planning to fix the block time and set it at 30sec. We are going to reduce the staking frequency to fix the wallet.dat file bloating, our aim will be around 2-3 times per day. Also the reduction of the block reward, by 1 coin per year. This is what we have decided on so far.

We have also been discussing whether we should increase the block size. This would be useful for things like assets and tokens on the exclusive blockchain and increasing the potential scalability. It would also make exclusive coin more useful for some of these other applications of blockchain technology which can be build on top of the EXCL chain. I am suggesting that we increase the block size to 5MB. I thought i would post this idea here and get some feedback on this since there are downsides to increasing the block size, many of these parameters come down to a balancing act so it is all very much up to debate. Exiting times for Exclusive Coin, we are evolving. Smiley
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:55:49 PM

I will post all the planned changes here so that we can discuss it. So far we are planning to fix the block time and set it at 30sec. We are going to reduce the staking frequency to fix the wallet.dat file bloating, our aim will be around 2-3 times per day. Also the reduction of the block reward, by 1 coin per year. This is what we have decided on so far.

We have also been discussing whether we should increase the block size. This would be useful for things like assets and tokens on the exclusive blockchain and increasing the potential scalability. It would also make exclusive coin more useful for some of these other applications of blockchain technology which can be build on top of the EXCL chain. I am suggesting that we increase the block size to 5MB. I thought i would post this idea here and get some feedback on this since there are downsides to increasing the block size, many of these parameters come down to a balancing act so it is all very much up to debate. Exiting times for Exclusive Coin, we are evolving. Smiley

No point in increasing the Block size if you have 30 second Block times since you would never fill it anyways. If you want to slow down the wallet.dat from bloating then you can change the split thresholds in wallet.cpp, doesn't even require a fork.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:49:31 AM

No point in increasing the Block size if you have 30 second Block times since you would never fill it anyways. If you want to slow down the wallet.dat from bloating then you can change the split thresholds in wallet.cpp, doesn't even require a fork.
That is good to know, I am not a coder myself so I am not sure about how some of these things work in the code it self. Though I suspect that fixing the block time will require a hard fork. I am aware that such a large block size is indeed unnecessary and most likely will never be filled but i thought it would be a nice feature to have anyway, just in case. Smiley
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:10:55 AM

after speaking with many devs - EXCL will not be an rabbit tester of 20mb blocks.
we will let BTC do that first, then we will decide moving into that or not.

EXCL project is too big and too important to be a tester of such grounds.

on the other hand, ByronP and me are doing good working on "cryptoebay" so stay chilled and just hold your coins and support.

VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:57:58 PM

after speaking with many devs - EXCL will not be an rabbit tester of 20mb blocks.

on the other hand, ByronP and me are doing good working on "cryptoebay" so stay chilled and just hold your coins and support.
All good, yeah it was just a crazy idea. As was said before the block limit we have now is unlikely to be ever filled anyway. You also make a good point that EXCL should not be the one experimenting with new technologies. Allow other coins to do that and when the waters have been tested we can always still adopt those features in the future.
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 03:07:00 AM

All good, yeah it was just a crazy idea. As was said before the block limit we have now is unlikely to be ever filled anyway. You also make a good point that EXCL should not be the one experimenting with new technologies. Allow other coins to do that and when the waters have been tested we can always still adopt those features in the future.

all good, please take community ideas, bring tchem to me and lets do it.

surly PoW reward will decrase on the fork since this is why we are loosing on price.

on the other hand me and ByronP of Banx.io ar working on best "ebay alike" marketplace you have seen.

KC.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:06:35 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 07:09:59 AM by Crestington

all good, please take community ideas, bring tchem to me and lets do it.

surly PoW reward will decrase on the fork since this is why we are loosing on price.

on the other hand me and ByronP of Banx.io ar working on best "ebay alike" marketplace you have seen.

KC.

I think you should just get rid of POW, isn't it a risk to have a low POW reward with POS? Then again a low percentage POS reward also encourages people to just leave their Coins on the exchange which also weakens security.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:14:24 AM

Not trying to pick ya personally as alot of ppl are big on Pos these days, however.... assuming miners dump coins for profit why wouldn't coins minted by Pos be dumpped? Eventually Pos get dummped for bitcoin. Honestly as a miner and someone who has POS coins personally I try to get the best possible price for coins I mined, as I've actually had to spend a grand on equipment. When I dump pos coins I sell at whatever ever because honestly it was effortless and Pos is %100 profit so there is no motive to wait a week for a better price.  Honestly alot of Pos coins seem drop to nothing. The real issue with most crypto is the lack of goods to be purchased with the coins. Bitcoin is popular because  I can drive to main st. here and buy a pizza with it. I had an interest in Excel because the dev immediately was trying to sell goods in excel (even if its just a few items). I believe if the formation of an excel marketplace is completed and the coin is a used as a payment system the price will naturally rise. Otherwise as with all the other crypto both Pos and Pow will inflate the supply   to zero. The key is demand for the [Suspicious link removed]d luck folks Smiley

I generally think it's better to have a moderate amount of inflation at a constant rate within POS because yes you dump at whatever, but it's also not costing you to maintain it either. As long is it isn't hyper-inflating, that's all that really matters.
temp89

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:33:10 AM

"Ebay alike" marketplace is wonderful idea. I greatly look forward to it! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: