Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New pool coming

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Exclusive Coin - Cryptsy/Bittrex, CAT bot, Loads of News!  (Read 248468 times)
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 03:40:02 AM

You guys should update the wallet a bit, maybe slow down the Block times so that the Blockchain doesn't grow so quickly, you should go full POS as well.

If anything you could update and add some new features, decide on a hardfork if needed.

i also think it would be positive to get the block time under control, and also to make a less resource intensive code base.

i dont see the point in running the daemon atm. i need to leave it running for 24/7 with nothing else happening on the server or else it never syncs let alone stakes.

i also agree with this and its been mentioned a few times now.  EXCL needs to address this, other coins with similar parameters have lost their momentum because of issues like this,  too many blocks a minute and dust amounts being allowed to stake will spoil and prevent adoption of this coin long term as the wallet will simply be too troublesome for an average user.  
other changes that would benefit add a min required input for example of 50 EXCL and then prevent lesser amounts from staking.  Also add auto combining of inputs for staking so that dust and previously split inputs can regroup upto the newly specified coin amount.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:09:46 AM

You guys should update the wallet a bit, maybe slow down the Block times so that the Blockchain doesn't grow so quickly, you should go full POS as well.

If anything you could update and add some new features, decide on a hardfork if needed.

i also think it would be positive to get the block time under control, and also to make a less resource intensive code base.

i dont see the point in running the daemon atm. i need to leave it running for 24/7 with nothing else happening on the server or else it never syncs let alone stakes.

i also agree with this and its been mentioned a few times now.  EXCL needs to address this, other coins with similar parameters have lost their momentum because of issues like this,  too many blocks a minute and dust amounts being allowed to stake will spoil and prevent adoption of this coin long term as the wallet will simply be too troublesome for an average user.  
other changes that would benefit add a min required input for example of 50 EXCL and then prevent lesser amounts from staking.  Also add auto combining of inputs for staking so that dust and previously split inputs can regroup upto the newly specified coin amount.

Sounds like good suggestions. Is the dev ready for the work it requires though?
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:36:59 AM

Why I was saying it would be better to go POS only is because it does so much more for the price itself but if you really want survival then it would be best to increase the Block times to a few minutes and treat it as more of an investment. The main reason for suggesting that it's most beneficial to be POS only is because it costs so much to mine with POW and that causes a drain on investment because miners need to pay the cost of mining so if it's increasing in value then you will get more POW miners driving down the price rather than if its POS only to have holders to make ROI with the very small amount of resources it takes to Stake.
Priceslide

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

Hello

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

Why I was saying it would be better to go POS only is because it does so much more for the price itself but if you really want survival then it would be best to increase the Block times to a few minutes and treat it as more of an investment. The main reason for suggesting that it's most beneficial to be POS only is because it costs so much to mine with POW and that causes a drain on investment because miners need to pay the cost of mining so if it's increasing in value then you will get more POW miners driving down the price rather than if its POS only to have holders to make ROI with the very small amount of resources it takes to Stake.

So your suggestion is to increase block reward; decrease block time; and require the minimum input of 50 excl for staking. looks good to me.

reddit.com/r/kinfoundation
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:39:17 PM

So your suggestion is to increase block reward; decrease block time; and require the minimum input of 50 excl for staking. looks good to me.

You don't need to have a minimum input, you can just have it combine inputs after a certain age under a certain amount so it's not continually splitting inputs. If you were doing POS only, you could just make the POW reward as the POS reward as a fixed amount, 4, 8 10 Coins or whatever or could just have as a flat % per year.

Average of 16 seconds a Block is far too low and that should be changed regardless, 2-3 minutes would be good if you want it to be as a more long-term investment and have the Blockchain grow at a smaller pace.
pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:20:33 AM

i'm about ready to stop trying to stake.
only problem is getting my daemon to sync so i can send them anywhere :pppppp

i really dont understand coins enough.
but i am runing this solo on a low end digital ocean vps - trying to let it sync - it's current about 200k out and accepting a new block every 30 seconds or so...
(similar daemons run 5 other staking wallets simultaneously fine)

at this rate i will never ever ever ever ever ever be able to sync.....

--

haha i wonder if this is why people dont dump more :p
(terrible joke i admit)

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
ByronP

Activity: 599
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 10:48:11 AM

i'm about ready to stop trying to stake.
only problem is getting my daemon to sync so i can send them anywhere :pppppp

i really dont understand coins enough.
but i am runing this solo on a low end digital ocean vps - trying to let it sync - it's current about 200k out and accepting a new block every 30 seconds or so...

--

haha i wonder if this is why people dont dump more :p
(terrible joke i admit)

The EXCL wallet is a bit resource intensive and your vps is not able to keep up with the block processing (fast block time) and IOPS. Move to a different machine or close the other wallets and it will sync.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:58:53 PM

Patience is the key here  Wink Excl will get it's momentum soon.
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:13:03 AM

The EXCL wallet is a bit resource intensive and your vps is not able to keep up with the block processing (fast block time) and IOPS. Move to a different machine or close the other wallets and it will sync.

yeh it is running by itself with no other wallets.
my concern is that i will never be able to get coins out of that wallet. the vps has a better connection than i do at home . lol

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Priceslide

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

Hello

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

Patience is the key here  Wink Excl will get it's momentum soon.

How soon? I'm waiting to buy until the price looks like it actually has a chance... which it hasn't for months.

reddit.com/r/kinfoundation
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:53:52 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 02:12:44 AM by bumbacoin

my concern is that i will never be able to get coins out of that wallet. the vps has a better connection than i do at home . lol

deleting unsigned seeds seems to help Cheesy

https://github.com/exclusivecoin/Exclusive/pull/2

((seems to be from the blackcoin source - a lot of clones have that bit of code))
--

heh i'm a bit of a git noob and i made a slight mess of the fork with multiple pulls .lol

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:24:08 PM

((seems to be from the blackcoin source - a lot of clones have that bit of code))
--

heh i'm a bit of a git noob and i made a slight mess of the fork with multiple pulls .lol

yes. i'm in hope for a synchronised daemon !!

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:25:34 PM

--

are you sure  sir?

MickyCOB

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:41:10 PM

we are the most raised in price coin on bittrex now

Nice! Great work so far KingsCrown. I would like to know one more thing....can you provide a guide for solo mining Exclusive Coin? Also is there any P2Pool for Exclusive coin? These two would greatly help people. I tried to use your ExclusiveCoin.conf and do solo mining and it did not work for some reason. I used bfgminer for that. Thank you.

OK - solo mining guide as promised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

1. This is the first time I've solo mined but it's working.
2. I think I'm getting a bit more than from a pool but I've had good results from pools as well, which is an easier option.
3. Pools are better when the difficulty is high.
4. I'm not an expert!

My rig:

4 x AMD R9 270X which I'm getting just over 2.5 Mh/s from each card, giving me over 10 Mh/s in total, running on Windows 7.

Steps:

1. Download the latest mining software - I use sgminer 5: https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer.

2. Download the ExclusiveCoin wallet (see front page - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771755.0).

3. Run wallet and allow to sync blockchain.

4. Close wallet.

5. Create a text file with the following contents.

server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=3333

Set user and pass to something of your choosing.

6. Rename this text file to ExclusiveCoin.conf and put in your ExclusiveCoin data folder where your wallet.dat file is.  (I have my data folder in a different place than the default and use the -datadir flag but it should work in the default folder).

7. Create a shortcut to the ExclusiveCoin-qt.exe and add the flag -server so it becomes (Path_To_Wallet_Exe)\ExclusiveCoin-qt.exe -server. (Probably don't need the -server as it's duplicated in the conf file).

8. Create a batch file to run the miner using the same user and password you put in the conf file.  This is my batch file:

del *.bin
color 02
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
(Path_To_Miner)\sgminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1:3333 -u user -p pass -k x11mod --intensity 17 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 16000 --gpu-threads 2
del *.bin

9. Run the wallet and let it sync.

10. Run the miner. (You won't get much information until you get a block and it takes a little while to get going).

11. Keep wallet open (the miner is talking to it!).

12. You can look in the log file to see that things are actually happening.

Goto Help->DebugWindow->Debug log file->Open.
Scroll to bottom.
When someone else has made a block (which is most of the time) you will see messages such as received block [hash], ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED etc.

That's it, let me know if it works, pm me if you need help.  If anyone else can point out things I could do better, feel free  Grin

Thanks for this Nice tut mate  Smiley

kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:37:38 AM

--

im fully synced if needed i will share the chain.
anybody knows how we could seed it on torrents or so?

pineapples
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:34:36 AM

as far as torrenting goes. it seems you need to get yr torrent program to turn it into a public torrent .
so you would just copy the blk0001.dat -> EXCLbootstrap.dat (or whatever) then turn it into a torrent.
i've never done it Smiley but i guess you'd have to add info etc.

otherwise if you have a server, you could copy the blk0001.dat -> EXCLbootstrap.dat (possibly adding a date or summat) onto a public server folder, then anyone can just look at the folder and ftp it or whatever.

alternatively use dropbox,
copy the .dat to yr local dropbox folder tehn dropbox can move the file to a public dropbox folder.

i run dropbox on the digital ocean vps to move files around, it's pretty handy.

.the next step would be to automate it, so it updates the bootstrap every couple of days or whatever.
then anyone could go to the public folders and download the latest or whatever is there.

--

taking those seeds out have sped up syncing time considerably. it's currently loading a block between 2 - 6 seconds or so. much quicker than before where i was honestly ready to leave it and worry about getting my coins later.

but a bootstrap would be quicker for sure Smiley

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:25:53 AM

as far as torrenting goes. it seems you need to get yr torrent program to turn it into a public torrent .
so you would just copy the blk0001.dat -> EXCLbootstrap.dat (or whatever) then turn it into a torrent.
i've never done it Smiley but i guess you'd have to add info etc.

otherwise if you have a server, you could copy the blk0001.dat -> EXCLbootstrap.dat (possibly adding a date or summat) onto a public server folder, then anyone can just look at the folder and ftp it or whatever.

alternatively use dropbox,
copy the .dat to yr local dropbox folder tehn dropbox can move the file to a public dropbox folder.

i run dropbox on the digital ocean vps to move files around, it's pretty handy.

.the next step would be to automate it, so it updates the bootstrap every couple of days or whatever.
then anyone could go to the public folders and download the latest or whatever is there.

--

taking those seeds out have sped up syncing time considerably. it's currently loading a block between 2 - 6 seconds or so. much quicker than before where i was honestly ready to leave it and worry about getting my coins later.

but a bootstrap would be quicker for sure Smiley

Just make the bootsrap script as a cronjob to then upload it to your own bropbox or as a torrent and hash the checksum into a Block (if you want it more secure) or to send the bootstrap checksum to some other server or place you could check it against.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:47:45 PM

borthers we need more volume on bittrex until 27th.

do even self-buys or self-sells (with SAME account you are on). thats what everybody does Smiley

yolo
igl00

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 04:33:05 AM

borthers we need more volume on bittrex until 27th.

do even self-buys or self-sells (with SAME account you are on). thats what everybody does Smiley

ive helped a bit.

is anybody still alive people?

EXCL is a decent coin.

Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:51:01 AM

Excl can only raise

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: