Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:06:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you have bitcoins and what is your strategy?  (Read 4942 times)
Jerome?

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:52:24 AM

I want to be a part of history that is why I keep my coins

History? You still think that BTC will be part of our history huh..

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:12:34 PM

hodling until 10k at least
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:19:13 PM

I always imagined that once we went down from $600, it would be best to hedge and short at least quite decent amount of your holdings. This turned out to be wise. Even now, things may still turn out for the worse, but it may be prudent to hedge again and regain a certain position!

King Agamemnon

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:10:23 AM

I was captivated with its concept.. Really, I did..

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:17:54 AM

Bitcoin is a great investment AND the prime mover of an economic/political paradigm shift
that I want to support and be a part of.

Strategy is hold a good amount of coins...Not too many
that I would be financially in trouble if Bitcoin went
to zero (iow, not my life savings), but enough to
reap the rewards when Bitcoin starts to march
toward its real potential.  I see no reason why
Bitcoin can't become a trillion dollar market, but
we will need some years to get there.  Maybe
10 or more, but thats ok, I have patience.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:58:32 AM

According to some bitcoin bulls, each bitcoin will be worth $100k or more in the coming years.  I'm in on bitcoin as I'm waiting to pay off my house just by sitting on bitcoins rather than working the next 20 years.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 11:24:12 AM

I can see it taking over in more and more places. I have already reached points where I have used Bitcoin and wonder what other method I might have used if it was not so easy to use Bitcoin.

I get paid in dollars but live in Germany so converting my paycheck to bitcoins is necessary. I still have a mortgage so I use some dollars towards paying that down but my house is rented and the rent almost covers the mortgage. For income tax purposes I have been putting more dollars towards the mortgage (about $4k per month) instead of cashing out bitcoins for a profit to pay it off. With the price this low I dropped my payment to $2k this month so I can put more toward bitcoins.

My apartment here in Germany is actually rented via airbnb which they said is working on accepting bitcoins. That would be perfect.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

Bitcoin is nice but at this point I don't really know if bitcoin will play a significant part of the financial system in the future. But I think there is a good chance that we will see a new all time high. I want to make money. I can't buy things I want with idealism.

But: It is worse to missing out profits than losing money Wink

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:41:18 PM

Because I think it's a good investment. I just have a quite small percentage of my savings invested, because I think that it probably won't work, but if it does, if it becomes widely used, I'll become rich with just investing an small amount of money.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

What if this slow and steady decline is the price of Bitcoin falling down to a level that represents the increased volume of Bitcoin trading due to Paypal, Dell, and other retailers accepting it for payment? What if this price settling will make Bitcoin more affordable to the masses? What if this stability is the foundation upon which Bitcoin can be seen as a viable currency for the future?

Bitcoin will reach stability when will be mined the 21 first million one. The price? I don't know. No one knows it. But I believe it will be a lot higher than now.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:33:17 AM

The ability to transfer value over internet without any third party is amazing, the benefit of bitcoin can be far beyond the imagination of today's human, so far only a few limited usage have been discovered

I just want to get more and more of bitcoin, join the digital property rush in cyberspace, and see in ten years how things will develop

resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:41:10 PM

My strategy is simple, be a bull in the bear markets and be a bear in the bull markets. That always works out :O

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:43:01 PM

My strategy is simple, be a bull in the bear markets and be a bear in the bull markets. That always works out :O

How do you decide which it is? Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: