Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 3.0 (aka MicroCash) will have a daily fee for each address you have.  (Read 8905 times)
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:37:21 PM

Any publicity is good publicity mostly only applies to entertainment, not banking or the financial industry.  If this were true, Bernanke's son wouldn't have killed himself and the Enron CEOs would be partying it up in Malibu.
Oof! Thank you, I just woke up.

Madoff's son you mean?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:20:25 PM

Any publicity is good publicity mostly only applies to entertainment, not banking or the financial industry.  If this were true, Bernanke's son wouldn't have killed himself and the Enron CEOs would be partying it up in Malibu.
Oof! Thank you, I just woke up.

Madoff's son you mean?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:58:24 AM

i'm phone posting too. :gay:

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:11:28 AM

I know the coin is garbage, but I always look for these threads when I first come to the forum.   Grin

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Cosbycoin

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:28:04 AM

I know the coin is garbage, but I always look for these threads when I first come to the forum.   Grin

+1 me too. This is some of the best entertainment you don't have to purchase with bitcoins or microcash. PURELY FREE!!!!
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 11:05:51 AM

Personally I think it's an awesome idea that reduces the effects of spam, essentially a self cleansing p2p network, while also giving funds back to the network in a fair manner.

Im going to go against the grain here and say its a good idea with the following conditions:
* no/minimal transaction fees.
* you are able to bounce coins back and forth between two addresses with 0 charge.

Then if I were to get into these coins, id simply setup a perl script to bounce my coins back and forth.
When I cease using the coins (ie dead) my PC will eventually be turned off (if not claimed by people in my will) then they are slowly reclaimed by the miners which I see as paying for infrastructure.

On the flip side, I also feel its simply not required if you can split the coin to ever smaller bits. As more is lost, value rises and people buy the same stuff but with smaller amounts of coin.

If you wanted to get more support behind the idea, perhaps set the reclaim time to a very large increment, perhaps 1 month or 1 year ?
At those figures Im sure people simply wouldnt care and would be more inclined to believe it is there for the networks benefit.

localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 11:22:21 AM

RealSolid is also planning to introduce exponentially increasing fees for accounts that haven't been touched in over 6 months in order to quickly redistribute the funds to active users
Wow. He's coming after my savings from Scamcoin 1.0. This is pure thievery. I guess I'll have to sell them before getting robbed then...

-
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:22:51 PM

RealSolid is also planning to introduce exponentially increasing fees for accounts that haven't been touched in over 6 months in order to quickly redistribute the funds to active users
Wow. He's coming after my savings from Scamcoin 1.0. This is pure thievery. I guess I'll have to sell them before getting robbed then...

Too late. Transaction fees are in place, so you will lose a little in order to sell them (excluding exchange fees).

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
localhost

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 01:37:45 PM

Too late. Transaction fees are in place, so you will lose a little in order to sell them (excluding exchange fees).
Yeah, but that's still better than just letting them all evaporate into ScamKing's wallet.
On a side note, do you really donate to ReactOS? Pretty cool, I don't see it mentioned often  Cool

-
GTRsdk

Activity: 87

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:44:39 PM

Yeah, but that's still better than just letting them all evaporate into ScamKing's wallet.
On a side note, do you really donate to ReactOS? Pretty cool, I don't see it mentioned often  Cool

Yes the links do donate to ReactOS (when dailybitcoins or coinad pays for the referral links). I figured they might as well get something since I see me using it in the future.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:35:26 PM

Yes the links do donate to ReactOS (when dailybitcoins or coinad pays for the referral links). I figured they might as well get something since I see me using it in the future.

woot ReactOS fans Smiley
Good to see them using btc for donations, sorry for thread hijack Tongue

Cosbycoin

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:33:20 PM

I'm glad I sold all my Shitcoins when I mined SC1 e he he he he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 10:34:47 PM

In the long term a p2p network without self cleansing is going to die, we already see lots of people complaining about Bitcoin's resource usage and performance and it is still in its infancy. If people want to use multiple accounts they can, the average user doesn't care much about it however, so only the paranoid should pay for it rather than everyone.

Who, where?  Please show me one single post on the forums here about somebody complaining about the Satoshi client's resource usage or performance.

localhost

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:35:39 AM

Who, where?  Please show me one single post on the forums here about somebody complaining about the Satoshi client's resource usage or performance.
Not trying to defend the ScamCoin there, but actually a whopping 1GiB wasted in a not too easily configurable folder/partition is actually a bit of a PITA, not to mention the trashing of the HD when downloading the blockchain or making a large transaction. I've asked several times how this would scale to, say, 100 times the current amount of users, and I have to say I never got any really convincing answer to that...

-
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:39:48 AM

Who, where?  Please show me one single post on the forums here about somebody complaining about the Satoshi client's resource usage or performance.
Not trying to defend the ScamCoin there, but actually a whopping 1GiB wasted in a not too easily configurable folder/partition is actually a bit of a PITA, not to mention the trashing of the HD when downloading the blockchain or making a large transaction. I've asked several times how this would scale to, say, 100 times the current amount of users, and I have to say I never got any really convincing answer to that...

localhost, you are correct. Most BTC, LTC users (me included) have no need to download those absurdly huge dat files from zero. LTC is not that bad but BTC is massive and it takes forever. Lets not forget, that BTC and LTC are still in their infancy and current users are a really small part of the final number users - if our beloved coins survive. Smiley
Transactions done up to today are only the beginning. Are we really going to drag around 2, 3, 4... years of transactions? WHY?
If SLC has figured out, how prune this massive "transaction list", we better copy this or BTC/LTC become useless faster, than any of us wants to imagine.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:03:45 PM

Transactions done up to today are only the beginning. Are we really going to drag around 2, 3, 4... years of transactions? WHY?

Because my coins are there, and I really want to keep them. I don't want my coins to evaporate because you can't spare a little hard drive space. What sort of crap system do you have? Even my phone can run a Bitcoin client just fine.

If SLC has figured out, how prune this massive "transaction list", we better copy this or BTC/LTC become useless faster, than any of us wants to imagine.

It's already been implemented in some of the Bitcoin clients.

Buy & Hold
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:41:16 PM

Because my coins are there, and I really want to keep them. I don't want my coins to evaporate because you can't spare a little hard drive space. What sort of crap system do you have? Even my phone can run a Bitcoin client just fine.

And remembering the history of Solidcoin the question is: Which project's implementation did RealSolid steal this time? (And furthermore: did he again remove the copyrights?)
localhost

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:45:23 PM

It's not a matter of crappy hardware, it's a matter of not wasting hardware. Some people like to overuse their hardware, which results in their computer - no matter how powerful - is always cluttered and slow as hell (I've got a close friend who's like that, he's very computer aware yet has a system as optimized as the worst computer illiterate, only not with the same kind of junk). I'm not one of them. I like my hardware being as underused as possible, so I can run whatever I do need to run at the highest possible speed. Which make me not like very much some I/O hungry application which also happens to use a non-negligible amount of HD.
Granted it's not a big deal at the current level, but again, I can only foresee big trouble with 100 times the amount of users and transactions. Nothing urgent there, and I surely don't want my coins to evaporate either, but a solution will have to be found at some point. Denying the issue can only make things worse, delaying the research of solutions. Just because there are many things wrong about ScamCoin doesn't mean all ScamKing says is rubbish: resource usage is a real potential issue, even though it's not a dramatic problem at this very moment or (hopefully) in the near future.

-
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:58:15 PM

This is not the same thing as a lite client. It is using an account ledger instead of a transaction ledger. It is a completely different system, and one that, imo, makes a lot more sense. Although from what I can tell they are doing a piss-poor job of implementing it and removing a lot of the features of bitcoin. RS claims to have "just thought it up" but there are a good 10 or so threads on bitcointalk about it, including the various proposals I've made for encoin. Probably the original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505.0

i_rape_bitcoins

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:02:43 AM

This guy is clearly being paid minimal wage because he can't spare less a cent a dayCheesy

~I_RAPE_BITCOINS~
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: