Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dicebitco.in Investment dice scam  (Read 5247 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 07:23:18 PM by deisik

Hey, Stunna, I don't know if Dicebitco.in is a scam or not, but you didn't pay me 0.005 BTC, and now you dare come here accusing someone of scamming? Sad

This is interesting, why he didn't pay you?

I don't know, I myself would like to hear the reasons from him...

There was a free giveaway for liking his FB page. I was a bit late, but then Stunna announced that there were still free slots available (since there were duplicate accounts), and right after that I did what I had been supposed to do, i.e. left a comment on his FB page, liked the message and the page (actually, my comment was the first after that announcement). As you can guess, I wasn't paid, and Stunna didn't deign a coherent answer why he hadn't paid me (maybe, he thought my FB account was fake)...

You call that scamming?! He had no obligation to pay you anything. You weren't entitled to those 0.005 apart from you thinking you should get it. I know you think he 'should pay out' but he doesn't need to.

I advise you to read what I write. I never accused Stunna of scamming. Besides that, yes, he should pay, or give reasons why he doesn't (also read what public offer is about). I fulfilled all requirements, but you seem to not understand that one should stand by his word. I think at first it was an unwanted mistake by Stunna's part, I tried to contact him in private, but didn't get a definitive answer (actually got an evasion)...

dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:20:41 PM

Anyone else got PMd about this? If this is true I'll have to remove the sig. Such a shame that this might be a scam.

I was PMed and I am really disappointed because I was threatened to remove my signature.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:23:51 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 05:39:52 PM by deisik

Anyone else got PMd about this? If this is true I'll have to remove the sig. Such a shame that this might be a scam.

I was PMed and I am really disappointed because I was threatened to remove my signature.

Too many people here are interested that it would turn out to be scam. I would refrain from being too quick on the trigger in this case. And these PMs from someone who has reputation in hundreds below zero are telling (I hope that guy is banned by now)...

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:18:06 PM

Don't let anybody impede your rights to free speech. This includes threats for removing/altering your signatures.

Additionally, report any users that threaten to ruin your reputation if you do not comply to their demands, which consist of removing your signature.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:43:12 PM

I agree that it's strange and somewhat of a busy body thing to do, but I decided to change my signature since I got what looked like a final Payout, and from what I understand dicebitcoin has removed himself from the forum for the time being.

Honestly I don't know what has been going on, I don't have time to try verifying this myself.

I do find it strange to get a PM about it, seems like someone or some people are extremely angry at either a genuine scam or something else.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

Actual reason I have removed signature is because I don't want to be connected with something that looks like a huge scam no matter what. I don't like the fact that main rival of DiceBitcoin has started it but I have to keep up to my standards.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:32:10 AM

I have removed signature  Cry
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:48:49 AM

Seems a lot of people still don't realize they have DB signature or maybe they are still getting paid for it?
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

Seems a lot of people still don't realize they have DB signature or maybe they are still getting paid for it?

I have no way to know- the thread locked after lengthy back and forth.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

I knew it was a scam ever since they started accepting "investors". No legitimate site would do that.
IamNotSure

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:10:29 PM

I knew it was a scam ever since they started accepting "investors". No legitimate site would do that.

What do you think about PRC?

Looks reliable, been there since a long time and the guy running made his name public (you can find his linkedin profile easiy)
sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:16:23 PM

What do you think about PRC?

Looks reliable, been there since a long time and the guy running made his name public (you can find his linkedin profile easiy)

Are you being serious? You have the site's signature already. Just posting this to get more traffic on site?
My Concern is that after DB I can't trust my investments. If I invest around 1 BTC then after site increases 1 BTC in profit , I just get 0.001. So Overall investing 3 BTC at prc I have been in loss. But even if I become profitabl its only 0.01 max over a month. And its better to invest the money in bank or just gamble that amount.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:19:39 AM

He just took the site offline so it looks like he ran. Did people get BTC out of their accounts? Or was it kept.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:04:36 PM

User Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=355700

The discussion starts around here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716312.msg8715769#msg8715769    

Basic summary: A two part scam

Website was caught skipping nonces to rig rolls.  This would in effect allow them to maintain a 1% house edge profit for investors, thus attract more and more investments while allowing them to still skim the site investors of all legitimate profits made. Individual users such as stars have told me that they are owed 50+ coins.

Their defense:

They claim that a new rogue developer they hired was rigging the rolls to scam them but around 2 days before the incident there is proof of them saying that the only people involved are the original two: https://i.imgur.com/SJvuc1Q.png  (refutes their argument)

Example of one of the scams:

User stars was scammed 60+ coins according to Dooglus: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716312.msg8721251#msg8721251

As a result of this around 4000-5000 coins have already been divested. 100s of coins are owed to people who placed wagers. They still appear to be honoring divestments though so I recommend divesting your funds for the time being.

Update 1: chat on dicebitcoin is now disabled and they are refusing to return a lot of owed funds.

Since this thread is used to give me negative trust by
Ah, trade fortress, the beacon of morality  Roll Eyes
I will post my arguments here.

I had coins invested with dicebitco.in and was able to completly divest and withdraw.
Manl and Gerry paid out everyone (to my knowledge) that lost coins.
Those that have not been paid out are those that won coins. I think that is acceptable as they have more than they had before the incident and thus did not lose anything. While you can argue that the rolls are deterministic the gamblers are not, thus it makes no sense to argue in hindsight if and what they players would have risked would the nounces not have been skipped.

I agreed to wear their signature for a months and I will honor my agreement.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:47:38 PM

Round 2 - quick summary here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=716312.msg9047784#msg9047784

tl;dr: A player noticed missing nonces and fake bets,  then was denied a 160+ BTC withdrawal.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:18:56 AM

Why do you say that?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:11:30 AM

Then Just-Dice was not legit when it was accepting investors?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:14:55 AM

Then Just-Dice was not legit when it was accepting investors?

That's what I was wondering. I collected some 60,000 BTC from "investors" and gave it (almost*) all back.

* I still have a couple of hundred BTC from investors who haven't noticed that I shut the site down in June. I'm sure they'll notice some time.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
snuffish

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:18:49 PM

Hey, Stunna, I don't know if Dicebitco.in is a scam or not, but you didn't pay me 0.005 BTC, and now you dare come here accusing someone of scamming? Sad

This is interesting, why he didn't pay you?

I don't know, I myself would like to hear the reasons from him...

There was a free giveaway for liking his FB page. I was a bit late, but then Stunna announced that there were still free slots available (since there were duplicate accounts), and right after that I did what I had been supposed to do, i.e. left a comment on his FB page, liked the message and the page (actually, my comment was the first after that announcement). As you can guess, I wasn't paid, and Stunna didn't deign a coherent answer why he hadn't paid me (maybe, he thought my FB account was fake)...

LOL! Grow up dude.. so you got "scammed" for your free coins? Go cry me a river please..

It would be something else if he didn't process a withdrawal from PD to a given address.

FirestarterX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:33:56 AM

i said over and over, I had no idea why anyone would be investing with such a new dice site, to the tune of 7000 BTC.  Guess I was right to be skeptical.
dooglus basically endorsed it in his signature.
Don't blame one guy...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: