Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152222 times)
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:57:24 AM

Makes no sense.. Why would someone with such a high intellect use his god email acc to buy trivial shit as opposed to proxy a random gmail acc... *Itches head*

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becker

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 AM

Makes no sense.. Why would someone with such a high intellect use his god email acc to buy trivial shit as opposed to proxy a random gmail acc... *Itches head*

We can not understand the mind of Satoshi, his plan is beyond our comprehension, mortals such as we are.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:33:32 AM

Someone just sent Satoshi's hacker (one of them) address 1.5BTC.

What.

https://blockchain.info/address/19pta6x1hXzV9F5hHnhMARYbRjuxF6xbbV

And he's quickly sending the funds to another address:
https://blockchain.info/address/18WoMGvMVgtCFtUnqVesyfzs6Q3PhhPDdr
God

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:33:55 AM

Leet hacker moves funds away from the tipping address https://blockchain.info/tx/6ed041af38efcc46ea1bc65225ac2dd27ce4722c3d1a7c0e4f39dc14ac1fb39f

I think it can be safely assumed that he/she is full of shit and bluffing. If he really had the user details of Satoshi, he wouldn't have posted that invoice screenshot that obviously proves nothing and at the same time claim to have the real user details from the gmx account and its aliases.

t4t5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:35:39 AM

We can not understand the mind of Satoshi, his plan is beyond our comprehension, mortals such as we are.

Isn't it pretty obvious that it's just some random bitcoiner who thought it would be fun to put Satoshi's email during the checkout process? Just like many people type asdf@asdf.com...
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

Isn't it pretty obvious that it's just some random bitcoiner who thought it would be fun to put Satoshi's email during the checkout process? Just like many people type asdf@asdf.com...

Yep

furiousjack

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:38:38 AM

guys satoshi Im sure erased alot of important stuff, expose it we dont care we will support him for his good deeds he done for us, I think he is bluffing or he would have mentioned one thing to show he really has info.  Stop giving power to the creep
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:40:33 AM

no, i think it was completely doctored since there is no such address that shows in the pic.
Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:42:48 AM

Well, that's all, time to sell Bitcoin!

MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:42:59 AM

He could easily give that info to pretty much any publication for much more than $12,000 USD. It's pretty obvious he has nothing

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:46:29 AM

I have this thread open in one tab and the Bitcoin price ticker in another.
The price is not moving. Where are my cheap coins? lol
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

You buy a FPGA miner and give fake email? What if there are some problems with the delivery or with the equipment? I don't think anyone gives fake email when he buys such a things.

Random Gmail is a pain in the ass. One can get less paranoid if no one found him until 2013.

I'm just saying it's not obviously fake, not that it's Satoshi's mail order.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 07:47:07 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 08:01:20 AM by bitcoininformation

Is it possible that he deleted the e-mail address @gmx when he left the project and that it has been recycled?  Someone else may have been able to sign up, then use the reset password feature on these other sites.  It is likely that the @gmx address would have been destroyed at the conclusion of his participation in the project, as all relevant information and e-mails have been public from the beginning. 

1) Satoshi finishes with Bitcoin and deletes GMX account
2) He does not delete other accounts (sourceforge, i2p, etc)
3) GMX account is recycled after x period of time
4) Person signs up for @gmx account after it is recycled
5) Passwords for other sites are reset because they still point to the @gmx e-mail address as a recovery
6) Person tries to profit by extortion and fails

This is probably the most likely scenario... and they probably don't have any of Satoshi's information because it is unlikely that any e-mails were still in the box when he re-set up the @gmx address.
This is my prediction as well. That guy could have made shitloads of BTC by posting donation address, etc, but instead he is being a random troll. Damn.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems that the hacker has access to mails from 2011, so the account wasn't expired.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:55:44 AM

Is it possible that he deleted the e-mail address @gmx when he left the project and that it has been recycled?  Someone else may have been able to sign up, then use the reset password feature on these other sites.  It is likely that the @gmx address would have been destroyed at the conclusion of his participation in the project, as all relevant information and e-mails have been public from the beginning.  

1) Satoshi finishes with Bitcoin and deletes GMX account
2) He does not delete other accounts (sourceforge, i2p, etc)
5) Passwords for other sites are reset because they still point to the @gmx e-mail address as a recovery
6) Person tries to profit by extortion and fails

This is probably the most likely scenario... and they probably don't have any of Satoshi's information because it is unlikely that any e-mails were still in the box when he re-set up the @gmx address.
This is my prediction as well. That guy could have made shitloads of BTC by posting donation address, etc, but instead he is being a random troll. Damn.

i don't buy it. satoshi is pretty smart, and he probably knew that if he went out and deleted his account, someone else could grab it and impersonate him. i bet he has spent a lot of time pondering how to cover his tracks, since there is so much shit that you can do (and forget) that will expose you.. ie: ross ulbricht.
sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:56:22 AM

The only way to confirm is by requesting a comment from GMX site admins
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 07:58:07 AM

i don't buy it. satoshi is pretty smart, and he probably knew that if he went out and deleted his account, someone else could grab it and impersonate him. i bet he has spent a lot of time pondering how to cover his tracks, since there is so much shit that you can do (and forget) that will expose you.. ie: ross ulbricht.
Even the smartest humans make mistakes. Satoshi isn't a god, nor a perfect being, he is just a human and they tend to make mistakes. I'm going to assume that this is one of them. It's possible he simply forgot to log in to that email address which made it expire. No idea how GMX works.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got told that the hacker has access to emails from 2011, so the expiration option isn't valid anymore.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
coinsy.org

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:58:52 AM

We know that the account was compromised because they reset passwords on some websites. We also know that they account was never "deactivated". Most likely it's Satoshi's FPGA order. Just because you have lots of bitcoins doesn't mean you would buy 1000 FPGA's. Why would Satoshi want to mine many more Bitcoins when he owns 1,000,000 of them? He was just tinkering as a hobbyist.
God

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

We know that the account was compromised because they reset passwords on some websites. We also know that they account was never "deactivated". Most likely it's Satoshi's FPGA order. Just because you have lots of bitcoins doesn't mean you would buy 1000 FPGA's. Why would Satoshi want to mine many more Bitcoins when he owns 1,000,000 of them? He was just tinkering as a hobbyist.

There's no reason for him to use that email account for ordering, though. And by doing so giving out his details to a company, when he can so easily just use his normal and unrelated account.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:07:38 AM

Maybe I missed it, but has theymos revealed anything about the header information of the mail he received from the hacker?

I'm sure the hacker has used VPN or Tor, however, theymos should be able to confirm/deny this. As you see on the screenshot, the gmx frontend is in English - so if the hacker hasn't used a proxy of any kind, he most probably is located in the US (last time i used gmx, the language was adapting to the location of the IP).

Also: If theymos could go through the headers of some old SN-mails, he also should be able to confirm/deny that SN used Tor or a VPN - or nothing at all to hide his IP. This could be crucial in finding out if the hacker's claim regarding SN's IP is legit. On the other hand: I can not think about any way the hacker could see SN's IP unless SN sent a mail to himself and therefore not using his normal safety settings.

Or - what I can not exclude - IP doesn't mean what I think it means...
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:09:22 AM

There's no reason for him to use that email account for ordering, though. And by doing so giving out his details to a company, when he can so easily just use his normal and unrelated account.

Maybe he didn't want his "normal and unrelated account" to relate to Bitcoin mining in any way?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: