Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152227 times)
OmniEdge

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Guy must feel terrible at the moment! He is finally confronted with reality and that will change him forever. Hopefully, he will gain all the learning lessons that can be taken from this. He got what he deserved and kudos to him.

0.01 BTC says the kid does no time for this, but does time for something else down the road.

I agree, A very probable sequence of events. Just saying, we were all young and have done some stupid things. Instead, care to make that 0.01 BTC with Rock-paper-scissors on counterparty? Never enjoyed betting on lives :-)
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

Question: Why Satoshi Nakamoto didn't secure his e-mail in the proper way? Changing passwords from time to time etc... he knew that many of h@x0r5 will try to compromise it...

This is very kinda not good but I don't think that hacker doxed him indeed.

Perhaps Satoshi is not just a one person ... think about it, Satoshi is not still alive or this is not just one person.

Why would he abandon his e-mail account if he knew that it is connected with other accounts. He is a genius, right? He should think about those simple little things too. This is why I think now that it cannot be the one person or Satoshi is dead Sad Sad

Regards.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:06:09 AM

Guy must feel terrible at the moment! He is finally confronted with reality and that will change him forever. Hopefully, he will gain all the learning lessons that can be taken from this. He got what he deserved and kudos to him.

0.01 BTC says the kid does no time for this, but does time for something else down the road.

I agree, A very probable sequence of events. Just saying, we were all young and have done some stupid things. Instead, care to make that 0.01 BTC with Rock-paper-scissors on counterparty? Never enjoyed betting on lives :-)

You and I are not the ones gambling.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:09:07 AM

Yeah, but this is VERY different. The news media will be on this like flies on shit by tomorrow, and the feds probably, just cuz that's what they do... Then again... Who knows?

However - I'd gladly wager that .01 btc that eventually he pays hard for this - pm me if you have a way to do it securely via escrow. The wheels of justice grind very slowly in the us, so it may literally be years before this "bet" ever wins or loses. Thanks!  

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:10:51 AM

Question: Why Satoshi Nakamoto didn't secure his e-mail in the proper way? Changing passwords from time to time etc... he knew that many of h@x0r5 will try to compromise it...

Perhaps Satoshi is not just a one person ... think about it, Satoshi is not still alive or this is not just one person.

Why would he abandon his e-mail account if he knew that it is connected with other accounts. He is a genius, right? He should think about those simple little things too. This is why I think now that it cannot be the one person or Satoshi is dead Sad Sad

We should force those journalists from Motherboard to tell something more about this h@x0r, they manage to contact him.. I know they won't tell anything... but they know something for sure.

Regards.

Good security is hard, tedious, and ongoing. a hacker with moderate skills only needs a little bit of skill and luck to catch one mistake and you are compromised. Ross Ulbricht was a genius as well and eventually was doxed.  We are all human and we all make mistakes, especially if we are distracted by model trains.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:12:33 AM

We should force those journalists from Motherboard to tell something more about this h@x0r, they manage to contact him.. I know they won't tell anything... but they know something for sure.

Regards.

Good security is hard, tedious, and ongoing. a hacker with moderate skills only needs a little bit of skill and luck to catch one mistake and you are compromised. Ross Ulbricht was a genius as well and eventually was doxed.  

Posting his own email address on the forum ...

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:12:49 AM

Yeah, but this is VERY different. The news media will be on this like flies on shit by tomorrow, and the feds probably, just cuz that's what they do... Then again... Who knows?

However - I'd gladly wager that .01 btc that eventually he pays hard for this - pm me if you have a way to do it securely via escrow. The wheels of justice grind very slowly in the us, so it may literally be years before this "bet" ever wins or loses. Thanks!  

You think so? I don't think this will even hit the msm radar. Maybe an article here or there. we'll see.

cryptoceelo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:14:19 AM

I think the question remains. How he get access to the Satoshi's email account?

have you read this thread? its pretty much established that satoshis email password reset question was his birthday which was brute forced.

So is anyone in the USA going to step up to the plate and phone this into the police? The BTC community went SJW crazy last time someone tried to expose Satoshi, we should now and again in the future especially when its a dumb kid. At least it was only a dumb kid, who didnt truly appreciate what he could of done to BTC, as someone posted earlier they could of easily started rumours that they were about to dump their million coins and sent the market into a panic
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:17:25 AM

You think so? I don't think this will even hit the msm radar. Maybe an article here or there. we'll see.

Good point, so not sure to be honest. Suppose it all depends on what Roger and his clan plan to do about it ... but i think something will be on the radar tomorrow, I mean, this isn't something small, this is someone who has literally haxxored the most important BTC developer on the planet. that is not small news friend, sorry.  Thank Leah Goodman IMO... Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:19:45 AM

Regards.

Good security is hard, tedious, and ongoing. a hacker with moderate skills only needs a little bit of skill and luck to catch one mistake and you are compromised. Ross Ulbricht was a genius as well and eventually was doxed.  We are all human and we all make mistakes, especially if we are distracted by model trains.

ross ulbricht was anything but a genius.. how did an extremely poor job of covering his tracks. and the guy didn't even secure his wallets, you know.. the 150k bitcoins that he lost because of that simple mistake?
owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:20:14 AM

have you read this thread? its pretty much established that satoshis email password reset question was his birthday which was brute forced.

So is anyone in the USA going to step up to the plate and phone this into the police? The BTC community went SJW crazy last time someone tried to expose Satoshi, we should now and again in the future especially when its a dumb kid. At least it was only a dumb kid, who didnt truly appreciate what he could of done to BTC, as someone posted earlier they could of easily started rumours that they were about to dump their million coins and sent the market into a panic

Seriously? the local police would just be like "Uh.. Wut"? The FEDS need to be notified - he has clearly violated the CFA, so now he should pay the price -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act

Yeah.. sucks to be him... I'm sure they don't need any phone calls, they are watching this all unroll in real-time , just like us ...

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:24:48 AM

Is strange that this email provider has no protection against brute force.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
ChancellorOnABrink

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:25:19 AM

To me, someone use a old doxxing to cover is trail

This from last year, much much more infor on him

No sense to reuse is different nick after a huge blowup like this
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:25:30 AM

http://pastebin.de/125559

the alleged hacker is a high school kid.

The problem with black hat people is they are usually misguided script kiddies who lack discipline.

Lastly, they are usually loudmouths who boast about committing crimes

+101

Good find.

I'm 99% sold on the chain of links that it's him.

But there is the 1% that thinks we might have another Dorian Nakamoto moment.

Worth hauling him in to teach him a lesson at the very minimum. He seems like a real piece of work. Could be doing him a favour and saving him from a life behind bars.

I am more concerned of the ramification of this child's actions.   For criminals and federal agents, it has led a nice warm path to the founders of the Bitcoin system and this implies the Bitcoin system is now vulnerable if the original founders are found.  Furthermore since there is billions and potentially trillions of dollars involved, I would surmise that the lives of the founders are now potentially in danger.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:29:33 AM

Fair point, well made.
beetcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:30:31 AM

To me, someone use a old doxxing to cover is trail

This from last year, much much more infor on him

No sense to reuse is different nick after a huge blowup like this

it's kinda messed up that his mom and other family members get doxed for this. it was not their fault most likely.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:33:06 AM

ross ulbricht was anything but a genius.. how did an extremely poor job of covering his tracks. and the guy didn't even secure his wallets, you know.. the 150k bitcoins that he lost because of that simple mistake?

Those lost coins were on his servers escrow hot wallet, his coins were secure.
Even security experts make mistakes.

If you are credulous enough to believe you don't make mistakes than you are even a bigger target than you realize and one reason you may not be compromised as of yet is simply because you aren't worth anyone's time.

owlcatz
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:35:37 AM

http://pastebin.de/125559

the alleged hacker is a high school kid.

The problem with black hat people is they are usually misguided script kiddies who lack discipline.

Lastly, they are usually loudmouths who boast about committing crimes

+101

Good find.

I'm 99% sold on the chain of links that it's him.

But there is the 1% that thinks we might have another Dorian Nakamoto moment.

Worth hauling him in to teach him a lesson at the very minimum. He seems like a real piece of work. Could be doing him a favour and saving him from a life behind bars.

I am more concerned of the ramification of this child's actions.   For criminals and federal agents, it has led a nice warm path to the founders of the Bitcoin system and this implies the Bitcoin system is now vulnerable if the original founders are found.  Furthermore since there is billions and potentially trillions of dollars involved, I would surmise that the lives of the founders are now potentially in danger.

I'd say that is a stretch, but certainly possible .. I personally think satoshi was smart enough to not leave his id in that mailbox, i mean, it's on the damn whitepaper!...   we shall see I suppose....

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
beetcoin

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

Those lost coins were on his servers escrow hot wallet, his coins were secure.
Even security experts make mistakes.

If you are credulous enough to believe you don't make mistakes than you are even a bigger target than you realize and one reason you may not be compromised as of yet is simply because you aren't worth anyone's time.

the 30k coins were from escrow, the other 144k were from his wallets that did not even have password protection (IIRC). everybody makes mistakes, but you can't be called a genius and make obvious ones like the aforementioned, or him posting posting his e-mail here on bitcointalk.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:38:52 AM

You guys ever think about leaving this kid alone?  Because if I was him at this point with everyone knowing me I think I would sign a $10-25k deal with Newsweek to Dox Satoshi to just be even more of a dick.

You leave the kid alone he might end up leaving Satoshi alone if he does have his info.

Its too late, he has opened Pandora's Box.

Lastly, emails can be tracked to IP, then ISP, then person very very easily.  Even proxies or Tor can be tracked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: