Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152233 times)
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:13:05 AM

Ahh silly guys...this is example how it could have been done, that's why the responses to these mails weren't delivered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:50:26 AM

Ahh silly guys...this is example how it could have been done, that's why the responses to these mails weren't delivered.

explain bitcoin changed to buttcoin in sourceforge..

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:52:28 AM

explain bitcoin changed to buttcoin in sourceforge..
Someone could have bruteforced it or something, i don't know but i doubt that it's compromised anyway.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:20:37 AM

Someone could have bruteforced it or something, i don't know but i doubt that it's compromised anyway.

It was already been said days ago, they deactivated the account of satoshi on SF before any file changes could be made.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:47:08 AM

There's plenty of proof that it was hacked. Screenshots, people getting forwarded mails from that address and people even having conversations with it. It was hacked in some way or another.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:13:48 PM

I believe that post when he stated "I am not Dorian" is from SN. From the logs of the emails that were posted, the hacker just received access right before he sent the email to theymos. So, I believe that earlier post is legit...

Perhaps the account was for sale ('on the darknet' as mentioned by the second, current hacker), The email could have been from the first hacker that sent the 'not Dorian' message, and subsequently access to the account bought by this new guy, who wants to make back his 25 BTC so he doesn't take a loss on the purchase of the account.

Keep in mind that he won't say how he hacked it but brags about everything else, quite possibly because he simply didn't.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:11:59 AM

Also possible that SN has been killed years ago and his email account was compromised since then. Years later they tried to hide their tracks by acting like SN was still alive at that time, when they posted "I am not Dorian Nakamoto". They didn't extract the PGP key from SN, so they weren't able to sign the message as a proof, but at least it looks kinda legit using his p2pf account to post this.

6 month later they make up a story about an idiot hacker who is trying to make money with the identity of SN, because he somehow hacked satoshin@gmx.com and even was able to send emails to long time members of bitcointalk.org and others as a proof that Nakamotos email account has indeed been compromised. Hacker makes a screenshot of the incoming folder of SN email account and states that "Satoshi Nakamoto is still alive and his identity is going to be revealed after the payment of 25 BTC"
He fails to get the big money (only 1.5 BTC) and even was doxxed by greaterninja another bitcoitalk.org hero member.
Hacker then vanishes. with his knowledge of who is SN and his gmx account gets finally closed.

This makes a good movie...

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
ALXBOB

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:10:41 AM

Also possible that SN has been killed years ago and his email account was compromised since then. Years later they tried to hide their tracks by acting like SN was still alive at that time, when they posted "I am not Dorian Nakamoto". They didn't extract the PGP key from SN, so they weren't able to sign the message as a proof, but at least it looks kinda legit using his p2pf account to post this.

6 month later they make up a story about an idiot hacker who is trying to make money with the identity of SN, because he somehow hacked satoshin@gmx.com and even was able to send emails to long time members of bitcointalk.org and others as a proof that Nakamotos email account has indeed been compromised. Hacker makes a screenshot of the incoming folder of SN email account and states that "Satoshi Nakamoto is still alive and his identity is going to be revealed after the payment of 25 BTC"
He fails to get the big money (only 1.5 BTC) and even was doxxed by greaterninja another bitcoitalk.org hero member.
Hacker then vanishes. with his knowledge of who is SN and his gmx account gets finally closed.

This makes a good movie...

Really good movie Smiley

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:38:44 AM

the hacker DOES have access to satoshi's email. but he is also faking information. such as the cardreaderfactory email order. and also other things like pretending the bitcoin creator had a btc-e account.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-satoshi-nakamoto-email-hacker-says-hes-negotiating-with-the-bitcoin-founder (half way down the article).

after all the bitcoin creator disappeared BEFORE btc-e was launched.(thus the username on btc-e is not the bitcoin creator but someone pretending to be him)

it appears that the article writer linked above, started reading this topic and then made up an interview using the screengrab links from this very topic and other fake information.

all we can be sure of is that bitoin itself cant be hacked and that this drama of who has his email is meaningless

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:11:54 AM

If it was the real Satoshi who wrote "I am not ..", he would definitely have signed the message, as he wanted the people to believe that it really was him. He would never forget that. So it was not him.
The real Satoshi would not sign the message. Not even a chance, unless the real Satoshi is flat-out stupid.

Signing a message like that would be huge news. The price would be greatly affected (likely downwards), people would likely be even more inclined to think Dorian Nakamoto created Bitcoin, and it would encourage a lot more attention to be focused on him, which doesn't seem to be what he wants.

By not signing it, "he" created ambiguity. That was the only way to do it in order to not causes a huge ripple effect throughout the entire community.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:31:31 PM

the hacker DOES have access to satoshi's email. but he is also faking information. such as the cardreaderfactory email order. and also other things like pretending the bitcoin creator had a btc-e account.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-satoshi-nakamoto-email-hacker-says-hes-negotiating-with-the-bitcoin-founder (half way down the article).

after all the bitcoin creator disappeared BEFORE btc-e was launched.(thus the username on btc-e is not the bitcoin creator but someone pretending to be him)

it appears that the article writer linked above, started reading this topic and then made up an interview using the screengrab links from this very topic and other fake information.

all we can be sure of is that bitoin itself cant be hacked and that this drama of who has his email is meaningless

True.
Even the originally signed message will not change the price of BTC anymore. Only dumps from his wallets will cause some panic.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
betterchoice

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:28:43 PM

Maybe the account is sold by the admin of GMX.com   Roll Eyes
coolmyrig

Activity: 323

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:17:14 PM

wow,you are quite right!  Grin
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:12:21 PM

Meanwhile Satoshi is having coffee with his BFF like look at these forums bruh... so many mad kids... brb rubbing my paper wallets on my nips..

(Lol obv joking)

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Mudd

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:16:02 PM

wow,you are quite right!  Grin

Sure it's a possibility but unlikely and I'm sure this just got hacked.

Meanwhile Satoshi is having coffee with his BFF like look at these forums bruh... so many mad kids... brb rubbing my paper wallets on my nips..

(Lol obv joking)

LOL Literally laughed out loud at that.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:02:30 PM

I believe that post when he stated "I am not Dorian" is from SN. From the logs of the emails that were posted, the hacker just received access right before he sent the email to theymos. So, I believe that earlier post is legit...

Perhaps the account was for sale ('on the darknet' as mentioned by the second, current hacker), The email could have been from the first hacker that sent the 'not Dorian' message, and subsequently access to the account bought by this new guy, who wants to make back his 25 BTC so he doesn't take a loss on the purchase of the account.

Keep in mind that he won't say how he hacked it but brags about everything else, quite possibly because he simply didn't.

I pity the person who would spend that on an email account, even with any sort of significance.
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:50:39 PM

(Lol obv joking)

+5

I just shot a soy latte out my nose...

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:17:32 AM

True.
Even the originally signed message will not change the price of BTC anymore. Only dumps from his wallets will cause some panic.

I would say messages that are to be confirmed to be from satashi would have some influence on the price of bitcoin. A message being signed with his PGP key or with the private key of one of his known mining addresses would likely be sufficient proof that the message was from him.

They key difference in this example is that it was overly clear that the messages were not coming from satashi but rather from some immature hacker/prankster. What was said via satashi's hacked accounts was nothing more then a little bit of noise to the market

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:15:34 AM

I would say messages that are to be confirmed to be from satashi would have some influence on the price of bitcoin. A message being signed with his PGP key or with the private key of one of his known mining addresses would likely be sufficient proof that the message was from him.

They key difference in this example is that it was overly clear that the messages were not coming from satashi but rather from some immature hacker/prankster. What was said via satashi's hacked accounts was nothing more then a little bit of noise to the market

sateshi doesn't like nicknames

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:26:35 AM

I would doubt that credentials to an email account would go for that much money, even the email of a famous/significant person. I remember reading in the news that credit card number of accounts that were stolen in the Target breach were selling for only pennies on the dollar. It was also implied that the pictures of the celebs that had their pics stolen off of iCloud were sold for relatively small amounts (it was unclear as to how much was paid for them, but I got the impression it was much less then 25 BTC worth).

Also I would doubt someone as immature as the hacker appeared to have been would have had access to the resources to pay 25 BTC for the credentials to his email account

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: