Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GlobalBoost® Media – Decentralized Media Network -> $BSTY  (Read 630239 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:33:12 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 09:03:53 PM by TimC

GlobalBoost-Y is the result of some of the our military veterans, GlobalBoost® employees, contractors, and supporters that put our minds together to create a digital currency that will gain and hold value. We feel that BST is a good payment system (quick delivery & confirmation), and we continue to build products & services around the platform.

We wanted more though, something more than a just a payment system. We wanted something that was rare, and valuable. We wanted a coin that is more secure, and resistant to the vulnerabilities of ASIC & GPU mining. We want Digital Gold

BSTY brings a completely new algorithm to the digital currency scene, and combines it with our real products, real company, and visible & accountable leadership. We aim to improve the acceptance of digital money, providing a safe & attractive investment using Yescrypt as our POW.

Looks like either bstymaster has either got a bot-net and took your coin down or they have a GPU miner and now own the block chain. Seems like you would have done better with GPU or ASIC since you are vulnerable with a few CPU miners. Vulnerable to a CPU bot-net.

tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:56:26 PM

51% attack?
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:00:33 PM

Yep, broken and Disabled on Bittrex.com
bstymaster

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

GlobalBoost-Y is the result of some of the our military veterans, GlobalBoost® employees, contractors, and supporters that put our minds together to create a digital currency that will gain and hold value. We feel that BST is a good payment system (quick delivery & confirmation), and we continue to build products & services around the platform.

We wanted more though, something more than a just a payment system. We wanted something that was rare, and valuable. We wanted a coin that is more secure, and resistant to the vulnerabilities of ASIC & GPU mining. We want Digital Gold

BSTY brings a completely new algorithm to the digital currency scene, and combines it with our real products, real company, and visible & accountable leadership. We aim to improve the acceptance of digital money, providing a safe & attractive investment using Yescrypt as our POW.

Looks like either bstymaster has either got a bot-net and took your coin down or they have a GPU miner and now own the block chain. Seems like you would have done better with GPU or ASIC since you are vulnerable with a few CPU miners. Vulnerable to a CPU bot-net.

With that reward drop they would be vulnerable to anything. Nobody would mine it after the drop, so anybody with a GPU or ASIC farm would do the same. Before the reward drop I don't think I could have done a 51%. And even if I could, why would I?
All coins are vulnerable to this, but BSTY with the reward decrease asked for it real bad. If they increased the reward like I asked, I would soon not have had 51% anymore.

They wanted to SCAM everyone with their masked PREMINE.  Now they're the BAGHOLDERS.

They said I was not being polite. Maybe so, but most importantly, I was RIGHT!  Now bittrex kicked their asses, I guess it's over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:37:06 PM

Hey tamara163.  Yeah we have been attacked by bstymaster.  bstdev is putting together a fix now.  The block reward will not increase or decrease it will stay the same.  bstymaster was not happy with our coin and decided to attack us, rather than be professional and post there concerns.  Once this is resolved everything should be re-enabled again at bittrex.
bstdev

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:03:32 AM

There is no Developers. Only one developer Me.  This is my wallet

do you know how I got those coins ?.  I got 21500 BSTY directly from donors. and I bought 5000  on bittrex (I still have some of them at around 1 dollar price there) using my 0.0098 bitcoins that were recently released and I got when I was mining day and Night with my slow GPU on slush pool https://mining.bitcoin.cz , the rest around 860-900 bsty I got them mining.

I won't change the block rewards because this will cause inflation. I have a full time job as a Senior Network Engineer (CISCO CCIE) and I don't depend on crypto to survive (But I love crypto). I am not buying a lot of BSTY because I don't hold BTC, but everything will change when the new BSTY Market (https://capital.globalboo.st/) is ready. I am Electrical Engineer, I will be working on a GPU miner(we have a bounty of 100k BSTY for a GPU miner),an FPGA miner, and Finally an ASIC (yeah we will go ASIC!).  You like the words "SCAM", "shitcoin", "THIEFS", "Garbage coin" , someone name us "Carson Klock Scam" (IDK what is that but idc) among others.  This coin like Bitcoin is still an experiment and everything could fail, if you have read the Satoshi Paper, everything depends on Honest nodes supporting the Network and processing payments.

Hey tamara163.  Yeah we have been attacked by bstymaster.  bstdev is putting together a fix now.  The block reward will not increase or decrease it will stay the same.  bstymaster was not happy with our coin and decided to attack us, rather than be professional and post there concerns.  Once this is resolved everything should be re-enabled again at bittrex.

There's no fix, other than hashpower. Hashpower needs miners. Miners need to get paid.
If you are a miner, ASK FOR YOUR RIGHTS.
If you hold BSTY. Don't be SCAMMED again by these people! Request Block Reward Increase!

If you still want to mine Yescrypt, right now Bitzeny is the only way.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=849994.0

Or if you support my reward increase initiative, please express your support on this tread. If so, I will make the hardfork, and handle legitimate development of this coin from now on.
I only speak the truth. BITTREX is my proof.

I HAVE NOT MADE ANY DOUBLE SPEND! I AM LEGITIMATE. WITH MY HASHPOWER, I COULD HAVE EASILY DONE IT, BUT THEN I WOULD BE A THIEF.
THIEFS ARE THE CURRENT DEVELOPERS!!!!

GlobalBoost-Y:  Y2bVk5gmxYHMt4Qkw8VSV5ewrgAi6nBjjj
bstdev

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:39:57 AM

Hey BSTYmaster,

you are still not done. you have 9,850 BSTY in your wallet. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bsty/address.dws?YHExdrnkUDKjqPCSSYfQZ1n7j7kyhoogTD.htm
to spend.

have a good sleep. Grin

bstdev

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:11:53 PM

hey, thank you for the donation.  Miners don't come here by the amount of coins rewarded in a block, but of the coin price. you can take the example of the unitus coin where every miner leave after a huge dump. on the opposite side you can see the Darkcoin, they initial block rewards was 500drk every 2.5min and they dropped the rewards after block 15k. it is believe that the developers holds millions of drk.  The idea behind the 347 block rewards was that miners would dump the coin and traders would be able to play on the exchanges since the beginning.  Bittrex  and C-CEX accepted BSTY since the initial launch and they have been very friendly with us. I'm Not sure what is your idea about increasing the block rewards, but for me playing as the Devil's Advocate is just to dump the BSTY for a tiny amount of BTC.

saltyseadog

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:02:16 AM

I don't see how anyone didn't see this coming. This coin was doomed pretty much from the start. It was clear that as soon as the payout dropped the botnets would move on.  That's exactly what happened. It was just a matter of time that someone came along and exposed BSTY. I just can't believe it took as long as it did for someone to call it out.
CaptDavidPorter

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 01:19:15 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 02:22:51 PM by CaptDavidPorter

Hi CPUcoins,
Coin price or value of block reward (same thing imo) will drive miners to BSTY.  The value was increasing as the supply had dropped, it was just a matter of time before we started to see higher prices.  The value, volume, and popularity of GlobalBoost has been growing at a steady and increasing rate.  We are working with multiple developers and the team will secure the network.  We will have GPU miner ported to Yescrypt very soon.  GlobalBoost BSTY will emerge a much stronger currency and company.

David Porter
Executive Director
https://twitter.com/PalmBeachHair

Been following this coin.  I have a few of questions.

What is the strategy for getting miners onboard?
Why does http://bsty.nonce-pool.com/index.php have all the network hashes?
Is GPU miner in the works?

Thanks

bstdev

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:55:29 PM

We have been contacted by several developers that are willing to help us.

Hi CPUcoins,
Coin price or value of block reward (same thing imo) will drive miners to BSTY.  The value was increasing as the supply had dropped, it was just a matter of time before we started to see higher prices.  The value, volume, and popularity of GlobalBoost has been growing at a steady and increasing rate.  We are working with multiple developers and the team will secure the network.  We will have GPU miner ported to Yescrypt very soon.  GlobalBoost BSTY will emerge a much stronger currency and company.

David Porter
Executive Director

There is no Developers. Only one developer Me.  This is my wallet

Which one is correct?

CaptDavidPorter

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 04:06:32 PM

CPUcoins,
You are posting as a newbie account on our bct thread.. It also appears that you have to sign out in order for our cyber terrorist to respond..
I am in the arena.

Hi CPUcoins,
Coin price or value of block reward (same thing imo) will drive miners to BSTY.  The price was increasing as the supply had dropped, it was just a matter of time before we started to see higher prices.  The value, volume, and popularity of GlobalBoost has been growing at a steady and increasing rate.  We are working with multiple developers and the team will secure the network.  We will have GPU miner ported to Yescrypt very soon.  GlobalBoost BSTY will emerge a much stronger currency and company.

David Porter
Executive Director

Been following this coin.  I have a few of questions.

What is the strategy for getting miners onboard?
Why does http://bsty.nonce-pool.com/index.php have all the network hashes?
Is GPU miner in the works?

Thanks

CaptDavidPorter what is your experience with crypto? Your opinion is not needed, strategy is. The below has been the strategy and it is not working.  Hash rate has been low for  a long time now, and nonce-pool has been holding much of the network hash rate.  If this mining issue is not resolved soon and the Bittrex wallet is disabled much longer, BSTY will have no support.  Miners at nonce pool will leave.

Coin price or value of block reward (same thing imo) will drive miners to BSTY.

I ask again to anyone who can answer the question: What is the strategy for getting miners onboard?

The value, volume, and popularity of GlobalBoost has been growing at a steady and increasing rate.

Do you have something to back the above quote up?  The price has been steady between 400 and 500 satoshis and only traded at Bittrex.

I see some posts about this social media tool.  You claim to be a social media company.  What is your strategy their?  

amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 05:37:59 PM

MY BLOCK REWARD PROPOSAL

https://github.com/bstymaster/GlobalBoost-Y.git

Please note that I haven't yet updated the checkpoints. This is just a preliminary proposal. Awaiting feedback, and then will set the checkpoint pubkey.

Before block 29200, the rewards will remain the same.
After that, valid block reward will be 1024, and it will be halving every 240000 blocks.

This will fix the 51% attack vulnerability as it will give adequate incentive to miners.

int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 1024 * COIN;

if (nHeight <17291)
    {
        nSubsidy = 347 * COIN;
    }
    else
     {  
        if(nHeight < 29200 )
        {
           nSubsidy = 50 * COIN;
        }
          else
       {
          int halvings = (nHeight-29200) / 240000;
     // Force block reward to zero when right shift is undefined.
       if (halvings >= 64)
      return nFees;

// Subsidy is cut in half every 240,000 blocks which will occur approximately every 4 years.
       nSubsidy >>= halvings;
       }
     }
    return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

how you plan to compensate the lost for us ( i hold >20000 BSTY) from mining , buying and pool fee... now if you make the block 1024 all my work is gone from 20 blocks?

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:25:51 PM

how you plan to compensate the lost for us ( i hold >20000 BSTY) from mining , buying and pool fee... now if you make the block 1024 all my work is gone from 20 blocks?

At this point you agreed with the 50 reward that's why you mine. I cannot do anything about this. For now, should stop mining, as of now the coin has ZERO value. It is insecure, with the 50 block reward.
But if from block 29200 you like 1024 reward block, install my version.

Anyway for this to work, *most* users must install this, including exchanges and pools.

So we need many users to express their support.

Your work with 50 reward block will still be valid, because the reward change occurs only after block 29200, until then, the 2 versions are compatible.

edit:
As for compensation, if you are amongst the first to mine at 1024 reward, you will get a lot of coins, but eventually a lot of people will mine, so you will be finding less blocks yourself (but more valuable). But once more people start mining, the coin will once again be secure, and the exchanges should accept it, so it will have value. Still until the difficulty raises above 2.048, you will still earn more coins. For your reference, diff was never higher than 1.000 when the reward was 347.

And I must insist that it is not my fault that the coin is insecure, the BSTY team did this to you, I ONLY EXPOSED THE FLAW.

ok i understand your point... make it simple for us that we love BSTY ... clone the code, change the name in anything you want, gain miners trust, gain exchange trust, gain market value, work hard on it and then maybe you will have community support.

I prefer to be with someone honest and simple as BSTY community that joining one guy like you that did not help, have selfish atitude, and did not even try to improve this coin.

At end the crypt coin projects are here to help all of us from going out from central and controlled bank systems

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
JackPot Mini-Mart

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:29:53 PM

That's it? The "$BSTY Master" Proposes copy and paste with increased reward?  LOL
BSTDEV brought crypto currency Yescrypt. Now that is a contribution. What innovation do you bring? You speak about annonymous transactions. Do you have a white paper on that? A coin of your own?
To me you look like a 2 bit Eastern European POS bully with access to 50 computers on the weekend.

SPEND YOUR $BSTY HERE: https://Jackpot.GlobalBoo.st

At this point you agreed with the 50 reward that's why you mine. I cannot do anything about this. For now, should stop mining, as of now the coin has ZERO value. It is insecure, with the 50 block reward.

Anyway for this to work, *most* users must install this, including exchanges and pools.

Your work with 50 reward block will still be valid, because the reward change occurs only after block 29200, until then, the 2 versions are compatible.

edit:
As for compensation, if you are amongst the first to mine at 1024 reward, you will get a lot of coins, but eventually a lot of people will mine, so you will be finding less blocks yourself (but more valuable). But once more people start mining, the coin will once again be secure, and the exchanges should accept it, so it will have value. Still until the difficulty raises above 2.048, you will still earn more coins. For your reference, diff was never higher than 1.000 when the reward was 347.

In effect, by supporting the 1024 increase, you are getting compensated for 3 months worth of worthless mining, that the BSTY team forced you into.

And I must insist that it is not my fault that the coin is insecure, the BSTY team did this to you, I ONLY EXPOSED THE FLAW.

PS: don't forget to give me your feedback on what you think the reward should be after block 29200, and give me suggestions on how to schedule the reward decrease. Anything goes, it doesn't have to halve every 4 years, we can change it in any conceivable way, as long as everybody agrees to this.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:34:34 PM

That's it? The "$BSTY Master" Proposes copy and paste with increased reward?  LOL
BSTDEV brought crypto currency Yescrypt. Now that is a contribution. What innovation do you bring? You speak about annonymous transactions. Do you have a white paper on that? A coin of your own?
To me you look like a 2 bit Eastern European POS bully with access to 50 computers on the weekend.

SPEND YOUR $BSTY HERE: https://Jafkpot.GlobalBoo.st

edit:

In effect, by supporting the 1024 increase, you are getting compensated for 3 months worth of worthless mining, that the BSTY team forced you into.

PS: don't forget to give me your feedback on what you think the reward should be after block 29200, and give me suggestions on how to schedule the reward decrease. Anything goes, it doesn't have to halve every 4 years, we can change it in any conceivable way, as long as everybody agrees to this.

Yup looks like someone called it right to me.  Bully tactics are worthless.  Start your own coin and compete of you have a better idea.  Yescrypt is out there for everyone and we would love to see other people innovating with it.  We might have worked with you bstymaster, if you would have shown some decency.  See ya later, good luck with your copy and paste.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:34:43 PM

Still no answers to this from the GlobalBoost account. Do you even have a business model or plan? This coin and strategy is not secure and very weak.  Fake volume on bittrex has been exposed. No business model, has been exposed, and no coin road map shows no plan for the future.

Please post a plan for this project and post answers to my questions.  50 i7 cpu is very small and can be rented very easily.  Anyone can hijack your blockchain, expect it again, soon.  So far bstymaster has a decent plan and I will support him. BSTY is dead all miners, stop mining or become bag holders.

GlobalBoost has 2 dead coins now.  Miners deserve a secure coin with true value and a road map.  Fair mining for ALL

ok... please support me properly then:)

What is your feedback on my 1024 block reward? (too high? too low?)
And how do you think we should decrease this reward in time? 

For now I left it with the 4 year halving, inherited from the bitcoin source.
Which BSTY team copy pasted. Then copy pasted Yescrypt, and now they claim ownership over it, even though it's public open source code.

As for anonymity, I think I already explained how I would be doing it. But hey! why am I even engaging these scammers? Smiley  Nevermind.

1024 is fine. Keeping the total coin count low maybe 30 million.  4 year halving is good too. BSTY is slow like BTC, let's make the new one fast. Anonymity is a must these days. 

Join us miners voice your opinion.  We all deserve better than this BSTY garbage coin.

Here is my opinion:  You two are too cute.  Start a Coin Announcement here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 and start on your project.  Take it out of our thread.  I wish you all the success with your fast Yescrypt coin.  I hope it is all you hope it will be.  See ya later.
bstdev

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 01:10:51 AM by bstdev

I just want to make sure everyone understand here that there is not such "Community Take over of the GlobalBoost-Y", this only happen when the developer doesn't want to continue with the project. I give the Welcome to anyone that want to contribute to this Project but respecting the rules that we have established. This coin as it could worth nothing at the moment it could be the Currency of the Future. Nobody really knows. So, keep an eye on this coin that the development won't stop.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:44:57 AM

I would say +3 IF BST didn't exist in first place. You look as a good guys, but what you did is just to create another coin and let the old one die instead forking it and reimburse early adopters. It's that simple. Tomorrow we can have BST-A, BST-B, BST-C etc... Every idea about cryptocurrency can be good as long it does not include 50 coins behind it.

CaptDavidPorter

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:29:47 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 11:53:15 AM by CaptDavidPorter

Hi spartak,
GlobalBoost is still supporting BST.  In every GlobalBoost payment gateway BST is a payment option.  We have BST online wallets, BST IRC & Twitter Tipbots.  Our currency exchange we are working on uses BST and BSTY trade.  Certified Vendors can even "Cash Out" their BST to US Bank Account.  GlobalBoost is committed to it's technology and will continue to support BST & BSTY.  We created BSTY as a new coin because it was totally original and brought something new to cryptocurrency.

I would say +3 IF BST didn't exist in first place. You look as a good guys, but what you did is just to create another coin and let the old one die instead forking it and reimburse early adopters. It's that simple. Tomorrow we can have BST-A, BST-B, BST-C etc... Every idea about cryptocurrency can be good as long it does not include 50 coins behind it.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: