Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Ready for "MicroCash" : The most advanced Crypto-based Currency yet!  (Read 15242 times)
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 03:47:12 AM

IIRC, MicroCash is written in C#, so it should work on more computers

As a C# developer I have to say this wins the award for most asinine statement today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler

It works with Mono (well mostly) Smiley

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notyep (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 09:42:28 AM

Coinhunter's card must be maxed, I haven't seen any attempts to bump it up lately.

Thanks for keeping the news about MC$ to the top of the queue.  The number of new community members and users we've had join the project is earth shattering.  Especially the excitement regarding the upcoming beta!    BTW, if you'd like to get involved here is a link to a nice system under $100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130568R that you can outfit with the GPU of your choice.  Works great for me.  Smiley   (just a small token of appreciation for your generosity and PR Smiley

grimd34th

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 12:23:19 AM

screenshot of super secret awesome
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 01:02:25 AM

screenshot of super secret awesome
How goes the secret mining?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:06:19 AM

this entire thread is a joke just like microRASH!

NO!  Only folks like YOU!   Grin  Grin  Grin

No-one is falling for this MicroCash Scam ChimpHunter (or whoever you are.) The more you post here the more people point out it's a con and the higher those pages go in google's index.

Warnings that Microcash is a con are rated 5th on google and 15th on bing, mostly due to other people using the term MicroCash.

I wonder if you are going to be stomped by microcashcorp.com ?

notyep (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 10:27:58 AM

UPDATE:  MicroCash public beta will launch in two days.  As the post has said from day one, "Get Ready"!  Wink

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 02:43:42 PM

Unlike real cryptocurrencies which discuss their technology in papers and open source, Microcash has to post pictures of Mr. T.
Also, I am Coinhunter.

The pictures are for two reasons:
1) The target audience of Microcash cannot read, thus images and word of mouth are the only mediums which can reach them
2) The idea behind Microcash (enrichment of CH through the fleecing of the unwary) cannot withstand the light of day, thus no papers or source code.

And yes, we knew you were Coinhunter.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:13:56 PM

Maybe I'm thinking about this one aspect a little too much, but WHY ON EARTH would anyone ever use any cryptocurrency that had ever at any time been closed-source? Even if MicroCash had its source available prior to launch, SC2 didn't and including those coins taints the entire chain. It's essentially a premine for people who trusted RS.

Who wants to reward the sort of moron who actually invested in SC2? That even on its own is a huge deterrent. The only conclusion I can draw is that they are not expanding their target demographic of complete idiots. They could be building a whole new pyramid without starting atop this one's unsound foundation.

I have half a mind to immediately fork it to FairCash or whatever just to mess with them, but I can't solve the double-spend problem either.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 03:25:20 AM

Are those real screenshots?  If so, I love how the sell side obliterates the buy side.

T-minus to failure = soon

BTW, notyep, do you have some kind of neurological deficiency that makes you confuse pictures for reason?
Explodicle

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:52:05 PM

No one could actually be THIS bad at promotion... Maybe notyep is just a misguided Bitcoiner who is trying to be a strawman. Is there any confirmation from RealSolid that notyep is in any way affiliated with MicroCash? Any denial of it?
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:33:50 PM

wait, you think SC/MC competes with BTC?

I would say it leeches from BTC(Solidcoinmafia lol), and as such can never compete.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 06:43:27 PM

No one could actually be THIS bad at promotion... Maybe notyep is just a misguided Bitcoiner who is trying to be a strawman. Is there any confirmation from RealSolid that notyep is in any way affiliated with MicroCash? Any denial of it?

Dude, I'm just having fun with you morons! Smiley.   The proof of how much work has been poured into MC$ is at START of the thread and will be demonstrated for the entire world to see at launch.  Everyone knows who "knows anything about bitcointalk" that anything competes with BTC will be ridiculed like red beans on rice.  Oh and BTW, I've been an SC/MC$ supporter from day one and ditched BTC the day it got compromised and tanked!   Therefore, enjoy the eye candy and entertainment!  *smiles*

LTC and NMC were not and are still not ridiculed.
Your post at the start of the thread is marketing material. We have been asking for the math and implementation of the math behind the claims.

For instance, you make the claim that Microcash is a "Peer-to-peer decentralized crypto-currency with currency creation reward based on energy used to create the currency (real value)". Where is the proof that it is both peer to peer and decentralized? Solidcoin 2.0 made both of those claims and it turned out it was just 10 tyrant nodes acting as half the network. That is not peer to peer, since nobody is a peer with a tyrant node and they make half the blocks. Nor is it decentralized, since the block chain cannot move forward without the 10 tyrant nodes (e.g. if you stop paying the electric bill for them).

You also claim that no blockchain download is required. So who does download the blockchain and makes sure the transactions are valid? More central servers? Or is Microcash divided into nodes and users (servers and clients instead of peer to peer)?

You do lay out the values for a standard bitcoin clone at the start. But why a 0.005MC fee for a transaction instead of 0.01MC or 0.004MC? Without any insight into why you chose these particular values it is hard to decide if they make sense without working from first principles. This is a significant investment of time and effort that nobody is willing to make at this point in time for two reasons:
  1) Historically those values have fluctuated over the course of your previous attempts at a currency
  2) SoiledCoin does not take input from the user community.

The one thing that you are right about is not posting the source or the math to Microcash. The only hope for SoiledCoin 3.0 is hype, not substance.

Edit: thanks for admitting you are Coinhunter. Most people would sign their posts and be proud of what they created, unless they knew they would have to run once the gig was up.

Explodicle

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:11:59 PM

Oh and BTW, I've been an SC/MC$ supporter from day one
Digital signature or it didn't happen.

But of course you're just having fun with us morons, so you won't actually substantiate any claims. Wink
pla

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:37:40 PM

The proof of how much work has been poured into MC$ is at the START of the thread

So none, then?

Or did you mean the PR barrage of forum-spam, completely lacking in any technical details or substance whatsoever behind it?

and will be demonstrated for the entire world to see at launch.

Yeah, about that whole "launch" thing?  Not getting a beta out before the 10th merely didn't look very good...  But not getting a client out (not even a beta) by the official launch date?

DOA, dude.

I don't beg - If I do something to deserve your BTC, you can find my address on the invoice.  Wink
notyep (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:48:38 AM

Microcash can be shutdown by one guy. 

Microcash claims that it can't be shut down by governments.  What if there is a court order to shutdown?

MicroCash has been developed by a team of core developers with exceptional industry leading talent backed by investors. It is a decentralized technology. To shut it down would require shutting down the Internet. Wink

sd

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:55:05 AM

MicroCash has been developed by a team of one crap developer with an exceptional lack of talent backed by fools. It is a centralized technology. To shut it down would require little effort. Wink

FTFY
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:11:58 AM

Microcash claims that it can't be shut down by governments.  What if there is a court order to shutdown?

MicroCash has been developed by a team of core developers with exceptional industry leading talent backed by investors. It is a decentralized technology. To shut it down would require shutting down the Internet. Wink

I feel like i heard that kind of claims before..
interlagos

Activity: 496

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:42:54 AM

If microcash works as currently described in OP, then it's possible that certain accounts will become black holes over time.
If a large account (with interest > than fee) goes out of business (the owner dies or something else) then it will never decay, but instead will keep accumulating coins from the rest of the network getting even bigger.

I think interest should drop to zero If an account hasn't been spent from for a period of time.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:47:10 PM

Technically true. Since Microcash consists entirely of posts on message boards and in search engine caches, the only way to get rid of it would be to shut down the internet.
To stop SoiledCoin, all you need do is hack Coinhunters box or seize it with a warrant. Then you have the passwords and private keys of the tyrant nodes. With that, you could stop the block chain, or spend every single SoiledCoin, or both.

sd

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:37:39 AM

If microcash works as currently described in OP, then it's possible that certain accounts will become black holes over time.
If a large account (with interest > than fee) goes out of business (the owner dies or something else) then it will never decay, but instead will keep accumulating coins from the rest of the network getting even bigger.

I think interest should drop to zero If an account hasn't been spent from for a period of time.

I made a semi-reasonable response to this and it appears to have been deleted. It seems one of the mods went on a delete frenzy.

My basic point was:

Any lost account containing enough MicroCash would keep growing forever due to interest. A black hole is the right analogy. However I expect CoinHunter has considered that likelihood and put some kind of coin recovery mechanism in place to ensure the lost coins get returned to 'the economy'. I should expect 'the economy' really means his wallet. Of course there is no way of knowing if coins have been lost or are off-line in a encrypted wallet somewhere so any recovery mechanism could well steal coins that have not been used for some months.

The interest and tax mechanisms as described are fundamentally broken.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: