Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread  (Read 37977 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 04:47:28 PM

This might be a good site/redirect for the "how do I get started" educational resource (like https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet )

For anyone that would like to create a nice website that shows all current and future monero accounts(The wallet will be the general term that encompasses Accounts, as I just noticed Monero is using the word account instead of wallet similar to what consumers use irl, "Bank accounts, paypal accounts" , I'll give you monerowallets.com, for free(initially it will be leased so I can make sure it's being used for it's intended purpose)
An attempt: choose your wallet

Official page: https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:22:56 PM

Is it still possible to join MEW?

Yes it is. Get in touch with David if he doesn't see this.
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:09:36 PM

apologies for digging this up from the darkest depths.

Can we assume this initiative is dormant? Or is it dead?

Who is handling this currently? What has been done with the funds?

Thank you in advance for a heads up.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:44:00 PM

Looks like we've been missing davidlatapie.

While I'm around here: I'd like to see the MEW funds invested on monerodice or lending at polo. In the grand scheme of things, it's probably not worth much, but still, would feel good to know that the contributions towards MEW are actively participating in the Monero economy.
I'm well aware that a slice was initially directed towards development. I'm referring to the portion that was not put to use (AFAIK).

Maybe something to think about if when we get moving again...  Smiley

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:48:19 PM

As the first project, we created a virtual world, and then morphed ourselves in.

The MEW executives, me, David and NewLiberty, are the 3 founding characters in Crypto Kingdom, nuff said ?  Cheesy

Then that project got surprise delays, but now they are behind.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:14:37 PM

As the first project, we created a virtual world, and then morphed ourselves in.

The MEW executives, me, David and NewLiberty, are the 3 founding characters in Crypto Kingdom, nuff said ?  Cheesy

Are you saying that MEW funds have been invested in Crypto Kingdom?  Was any discussion / vote ever held on that?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:56:13 PM

Are you saying that MEW funds have been invested in Crypto Kingdom?  Was any discussion / vote ever held on that?

Well no. Crypto Kingdom was a MEW initiative and got so immersive that we forgot about the bureaucracy. My understanding is that David as the Members Executive still controls the funds since he collected and treasured them, and despite time passing, I would believe he has not done anything to them since the legit use would have required contacting me, which has not happened.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:42:29 AM

Has anyone been able to verify if the MEW funds are accounted for?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 09:19:08 AM

I don't think "anyone" is the correct address when the funds are held by David Latapie and he is not in hiding in any way, last active a few days ago, still in Monero Core team, and has a CryptoKingdom account worth more than the MEW funds.

Please send your detailed inquiry to him as a PM and surely he will reply in public. This is sounding too FUDdish currently, and for no reason.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:01:32 PM

I don't think "anyone" is the correct address when the funds are held by David Latapie and he is not in hiding in any way, last active a few days ago, still in Monero Core team, and has a CryptoKingdom account worth more than the MEW funds.

Please send your detailed inquiry to him as a PM and surely he will reply in public. This is sounding too FUDdish currently, and for no reason.

FUDish?  How exactly?

I am asking because there have been some questions asked about the funds in this very thread dating back to a few months ago and David Latapie has not responded.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:28:33 PM

FUDish?  How exactly?

I am asking because there have been some questions asked about the funds in this very thread dating back to a few months ago and David Latapie has not responded.

Ok whatever.. David's recent misfortunes in business are well discussed in the Monero forum and in CK alone, he has more than enough to make good of the funds. So what remains that you are eager to know?

You are correct in that the MEW should organize a little, and have successfully put the irritated feeling in me  Cheesy

(My take is that the MEW birthed CK, which is the platform for going forward. But I cannot make this decision alone of course.)

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 05:39:43 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 05:47:05 AM by wpalczynski

(My take is that the MEW birthed CK, which is the platform for going forward. But I cannot make this decision alone of course.)

If the MEW is to persist I don't think it should be within the CK game as that would force everyone to participate in CK which requires both $ and effort to simply stay alive.

I though that MEW was created to affect change in the real world of finance which is hardly conducive to being administered through the role playing, fantasy, make believe world of Crypto Kingdom.

Just my two XMRs.

Cheers.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2016, 05:52:22 PM

Whatever happened to David, some questions still stand. Not about him but about MEW.
Who controls MEW's funds?
How many XMR are those funds?
Are those funds lost?

I believe that the funds arent lost however even if there are lost i dont care whose fault it is. I simply would like to know if those XMR exist or not. After all its crypto, stuff like this happen all the time.

Since i dont see anything happening with MEW i would prefer the funds, if still exist, to go somewhere else. My contribution was really the minimal, but i would prefer to go to the donations of the monero project or towards CK than standing in an account.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:07:12 PM

Member list is here along with their donations: https://moneroeconomy.com/list-mew-members

50 % of those donations went directly to Monero devs as I remember, so the remainder looks to be around 4000 XMR.

My personal opinion is that the funds are best served going towards development initiatives. But of course this should be decided in a vote between MEW members.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:09:38 PM

Member list is here along with their donations: https://moneroeconomy.com/list-mew-members

50 % of those donations went directly to Monero devs as I remember, so the remainder looks to be around 4000 XMR.

My personal opinion is that the funds are best served going towards development. But of course this should be decided in a vote between MEW members.

I agree 100%.  Either to the core team for their continued hard work or maybe one of the critical initiatives being crowd funded such as the Trezor integration.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:35:26 PM

Half of the funds were given to the Core team for starters. The name MEW "Monero Economy Workgroup" hints at the whole thing was intended to promote economic initiatives as well.

What is clear to me is that the dormancy of Monero Economy (compared to the buoyancy of the development) is a continued issue and the greatest bottleneck for adoption. To this end, I and David had the infamous Wine, Cognac, Foie Gras and Caviar workshop in Malla in late 2014, which spawned Crypto Kingdom. The game still commemorates these most precious consumables with 1 liter of fine cognac costing 3 XMR and 1 kilo of caviar costing 3 XMR.

I am personally satisfied with spending all my time to CK, as I perceive it to be a very potent asset for Monero economy. After more than a year, we still have ~170 characters only (of which 11 died this day  Tongue ) and the marketcap is <$1 million. I have been CEO of 3 private companies valued at more than $1 million, and several below that threshold. With this experience, I perceive CK to be severely undervalued compared to the potential. Most similar all-voluntary experiments - take MEW for instance - effectively bite the dust in a few months. CK is going on very well. Our goal is to reach 10,000 userbase in 2016 with the ultimate goal in millions.

I do not support a wholesale donation of Economy funds to development. If the MEW members do not want to revive the Workgroup, I have a better idea of donating the funds to the Town of Crypto Kingdom, because that is the cutting edge of Monero Economy.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:42:50 PM

If MEW disbands, I would support returning the funds to the members. If I recall correctly, it was always envisioned that member shares could be refunded, less than half donated to development.

But voting to spend them on something such a donation to development, to CK, or to some successor organization is within the scope of the charter, as I understand it, as is continuing MEW in some fashion. The latter I would support only if there were leadership enthusiastic about supporting the stated mission.

These are my personal opinions.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 07:03:11 PM

Half of the funds were given to the Core team for starters. The name MEW "Monero Economy Workgroup" hints at the whole thing was intended to promote economic initiatives as well.

What is clear to me is that the dormancy of Monero Economy (compared to the buoyancy of the development) is a continued issue and the greatest bottleneck for adoption. To this end, I and David had the infamous Wine, Cognac, Foie Gras and Caviar workshop in Malla in late 2014, which spawned Crypto Kingdom. The game still commemorates these most precious consumables with 1 liter of fine cognac costing 3 XMR and 1 kilo of caviar costing 3 XMR.

I am personally satisfied with spending all my time to CK, as I perceive it to be a very potent asset for Monero economy. After more than a year, we still have ~170 characters only (of which 11 died this day  Tongue ) and the marketcap is <$1 million. I have been CEO of 3 private companies valued at more than $1 million, and several below that threshold. With this experience, I perceive CK to be severely undervalued compared to the potential. Most similar all-voluntary experiments - take MEW for instance - effectively bite the dust in a few months. CK is going on very well. Our goal is to reach 10,000 userbase in 2016 with the ultimate goal in millions.

I do not support a wholesale donation of Economy funds to development. If the MEW members do not want to revive the Workgroup, I have a better idea of donating the funds to the Town of Crypto Kingdom, because that is the cutting edge of Monero Economy.

They died because they were not vaccinated?  Shocked  Grin
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:25:17 AM

I agree that MEW funds should just be returned. It seems too difficult to have a representative MEW meeting to vote on something else.
Also, David seems a bit inactive lately, so it would be a good idea to also transfer other funds he holds in escrow.
(for example the money he holds in escrow for the XMR parties)
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:57:54 AM

I agree that MEW funds should just be returned. It seems too difficult to have a representative MEW meeting to vote on something else.

I don't see the problem with an online meeting. There were votes before. You don't need 100% participation, but fairly high participation should be easy. Glancing at the member list, most are still involved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: