This is my optimized Groestlcoin / Diamond and similar opencl kernel (groestl + groestl algorythm, not myriad-groestl which is groestl + sha, see below for the latter
It is based on the sph version originally available on sph-sgminer but is now totally rewritten.
It should be compatible with all sph-sgminer versions and derivates.PERFORMANCE
v1 - to be compiled with catalyst 14.6 or 14.7:
R9 290x @1125 Mhz: ~26.4 Mh/s
R9 290 @1200: ~25 Mh/s
R9 280x (stock): ~18 Mh/s
7950 @1200: ~16 Mh/s
R9 270X: ~9.7 Mh/s
v2 - experimental hawaii only bin:
R9 290x @1125 Mhz: ~34.4 Mh/s
R9 290 @1100: ~30.6 Mh/s
Wolf0's Tahiti binary:
R9 280x: ~25 Mh/sHOW TO USE
- Stop the miner
- Replace groestlcoin.cl, diamond.cl and/or the kernel you want to use with this one (it's inside the "kernel" folder)
- Remove all the .bin files (in the main folder)
- Set worksize to 256 only (-w 256)
- Run and enjoy!TWEAKING
Set intensity from 20 to 22. Thread concurrency and all the other parameters are useless.
This kernel doesn't make use of gpu ram, so set the ram clock to THE MINIMUM POSSIBLE VALUE; for example 150 MHz for R9 290.
Now play with the core clock until you find the highest stable value (probably between 1100 and 1200 for the R9 290).COMPATIBILITY
Tested working stable on R9 290, 280x and 7950. Should work on any recent amd gpu but performance is not guaranted to be optimal.
I doesn't work with cryptohunger optimized pool: use the conventional port or another pool. Also do not replace the optimized kernel of grs-sgminer but the normal one.TROUBLESHOOTING
Try the following:
- Sure you set worksize to 256?
- Replace the generated .bin file with this one (64 bit, r9 280(x) and 290(x) only): LINK EXPIRED (diamondHawaiiw256l8.bin), see below for a newer binary file
- Lower the intensity
- Lower the core speed (are you sure you put the ram clock to the lowest possible value?)
- Since it uses more power, it could be a cooling issue too: check the gpu temperatureDONATIONS
This work took me months of coding and testing and unslept nights; please show your appreciation (you are making more money by using it!) by donating to:
Opensource Kernel (v1):https://app.box.com/s/9vikvemf7acio3uns7taorodqmod42ej
Experimental Hawaii bin (v2):https://app.box.com/s/zsr29tfgv4tpxs1q7451dayzaw3wnoee
Wolf0's Tahiti bin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=779598.msg11778971#msg11778971
):https://ottrbutt.com/miner/wolf-groestlcoinTahitigw256l4.bin**** MYRIAD GROESTL ****
If you are looking for the closed source myriad groestl miner (for DGB, SFR, etc.) look here:https://satoshibox.com/fttcfvpiyhbod7ueidmgdhym