Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257863 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:29:28 PM

I just bumped into this thread, basically read the OP only.
It seems to offer something new, so I will follow it.
I am just not sure why would ppl pay to post ADs in the blockchain.
And will bittrex list it once it is launched?
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:32:39 PM

Yes Bitterx obviously will list it after ICO ends (it is actually already listed - ICO page is not much different from any other market - you just can only buy at the ICO stage).
The ADs listing fee is very small, and necessary to avoid Ads spam.

Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

I like your ANN post and I've invested a small amount of BTC (for now) in the ICO on Bittrex  Smiley I would like to know something though, how many unique investors do you have so far?
I'm a little concerned about the method of distribution. Since there is no PoW phase, the full 30 million will be distributed proportionally among the investors but if the number of unique investors is low, this could pose a problem later on. You'll have a bunch of huge bagholders from the start and that's never a good thing.

There is no way for me to know how many unique investors are in. Only Bittrex posess this information and i doubt they will disclose it. Also even this information can not be accurate since single person can have any number of accounts on Bittrex.

Besides this information is not very meaningful, since investors will receive share proportional to amount invested, not to investors count, i.e. 100 smaller investors can receive less than 1 bigger investor, so it is pretty safe to invest because you will always receive your fair share, no matter how much you invested 10 BTC or 1 satoshi. To become huge bagholder your share in the ICO must be proportionally huge. Its no different from fixed price ICO - anyone can buy half offered coins and basically invest half of the budget. You can not become huge bagholder unleass you really want to/can afford.

Actually obsurebean is absolutely correct, if there is one guy that throws in 2 BTC, another 1, and another ,5 BTC and 15 other people were to throw in small amounts, we would have huge bagholders. This would only become a problem if not much is invested in the ICO. So as the total amount of BTC invested grows, the chances of this being a problem becomes smaller.

I am watching this project. This has the chance to become very successful. I am always looking for the next opportunity, and this is definitely on my list of things to watch. Great idea.

Does anyone see any thing that is missing here? What are the problems that could cause this to fail? What should we be wary of tech wise? Does the dev seem to be in full control of all the things that are necessary to pull this off from a technical standpoint?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

I like your ANN post and I've invested a small amount of BTC (for now) in the ICO on Bittrex  Smiley I would like to know something though, how many unique investors do you have so far?
I'm a little concerned about the method of distribution. Since there is no PoW phase, the full 30 million will be distributed proportionally among the investors but if the number of unique investors is low, this could pose a problem later on. You'll have a bunch of huge bagholders from the start and that's never a good thing.

There is no way for me to know how many unique investors are in. Only Bittrex posess this information and i doubt they will disclose it. Also even this information can not be accurate since single person can have any number of accounts on Bittrex.

Besides this information is not very meaningful, since investors will receive share proportional to amount invested, not to investors count, i.e. 100 smaller investors can receive less than 1 bigger investor, so it is pretty safe to invest because you will always receive your fair share, no matter how much you invested 10 BTC or 1 satoshi. To become huge bagholder your share in the ICO must be proportionally huge. Its no different from fixed price ICO - anyone can buy half offered coins and basically invest half of the budget. You can not become huge bagholder unleass you really want to/can afford.

Actually obsurebean is absolutely correct, if there is one guy that throws in 2 BTC, another 1, and another ,5 BTC and 15 other people were to throw in small amounts, we would have huge bagholders. This would only become a problem if not much is invested in the ICO. So as the total amount of BTC invested grows, the chances of this being a problem becomes smaller.

I am watching this project. This has the chance to become very successful. I am always looking for the next opportunity, and this is definitely on my list of things to watch. Great idea.

Does anyone see any thing that is missing here? What are the problems that could cause this to fail? What should we be wary of tech wise? Does the dev seem to be in full control of all the things that are necessary to pull this off from a technical standpoint?

I hope testnet that I will put up on Monday will help to answer most of your questions.
Really want to know public oppinion and suggestions since you can never find all the bugs in a closed test lab - I need community to participate actively in this project for it to be successful.

eKiTeL

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:04:05 PM

Where does the name craig come from  Huh

I guess I'll leave it for your Imagination Wink

This is almost as dumb as the guys who thought they could create an online Game of Thrones based game world and worry about licensing later....

It's not too late to change the name to PavelsCoin is it?  Craig is not the English word for "classifieds" though it's understandable that some people in other countries might think that if they just use Craigslist without thinking about where the name came from.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

This is almost as dumb as the guys who thought they could create an online Game of Thrones based game world and worry about licensing later....

It's not too late to change the name to PavelsCoin is it?  Craig is not the English word for "classifieds" though it's understandable that some people in other countries might think that if they just use Craigslist without thinking about where the name came from.

I know. But I still do not see any infringement in the coins name. No parts of design of the named site was used in coin. The concept of Ad board can't be licensed as well as the name Craig. Best thing is that blockchain can't be taken down legally. So Infringement or not - who and what can they do?

Anyway - if there will be alot of demands on a name change - there is 7 more days to do just that. Let's see what others can say - if there are any expert on Copyright law I would like to hear them out with the actual laws links. For example my research of Russian laws says there is no infringement in this sort of name.

eKiTeL

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:31:36 PM

I know. But I still do not see any infringement in the coins name. No parts of design of the named site was used in coin. The concept of Ad board can't be licensed as well as the name Craig. Best thing is that blockchain can't be taken down legally. So Infringement or not - who and what can they do?

Anyway - if there will be alot of demands on a name change - there is 7 more days to do just that. Let's see what others can say - if there are any expert on Copyright law I would like to hear them out with the actual laws links. For example my research of Russian laws says there is no infringement in this sort of name.

Hey you seem like a good guy, I don't think the issue is Copyright law, I just don't like the name, it doesn't seem like a good idea, some people might agree with me, and some might think it is a good idea, I don't know, just my 2 cents, again good luck!   Smiley
seek4dream

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:40:41 PM

Yes Bitterx obviously will list it after ICO ends (it is actually already listed - ICO page is not much different from any other market - you just can only buy at the ICO stage).

Thanks for your response.
But I don't think low fee is of any incentive if it doesn't bring anything back.
Would u plz elaborate why ppl ADs here, for what purpose? Who would be interested to check ADs here?
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:09:51 PM

Thanks for your response.
But I don't think low fee is of any incentive if it doesn't bring anything back.
Would u plz elaborate why ppl ADs here, for what purpose? Who would be interested to check ADs here?

This is like with any other message board - either you know that relevant subject may be listed there - either you don't. If you do know than you will check it, if you don't - than you don't. Thats the matter of public relations tbh. One thing planned is to create website that will give some free coins to every registered person to allow first couple Ads for free, and make ads listing available without registration. We will see how it will work out.

ChrisLandin

Activity: 824

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:37:00 PM

ive just invested a small amount  Smiley

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

You have mentioned some great developments that will be introduced in the future, how do I know that you are really committed to this and for how long? No FUD, it’s just that I have been burnt in the past from other Dev’s promising the sun and delivering none. Would you be willing for Bittrex to hold back a certain % of the escrow until development is introduced? I just need convincing that you are really committed before I finally commit myself.
Wretched

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:39:14 AM

Yeah, it's probably not possible to keep all the ads on a single blockchain long-term. It depends entirely on how often it's used or spammed though... so not a short-term problem. If the user base were to be equivalent to craigslist it would be an issue, having to download millions of ads in order to sync your wallet would obviously suck.

There are ways around it I'm sure, but I'd say its current flaw would be that it's incapable of having a large user base. Though not many coins would have such a large user base anyway so maybe it's a moot point :/
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:21:48 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 05:48:02 AM by MineralsPR

You have mentioned some great developments that will be introduced in the future, how do I know that you are really committed to this and for how long? No FUD, it’s just that I have been burnt in the past from other Dev’s promising the sun and delivering none. Would you be willing for Bittrex to hold back a certain % of the escrow until development is introduced? I just need convincing that you are really committed before I finally commit myself.

Holding off certain % definitely can be considered. However there is two things about that I don't like.
1. Im not sure that the man I know (programmer) would be willing to communicate with the investors, ant if he wont I will not be therefore able to provide proof of him working on the project. That is surely a possibility, because, wel,l he will certainly value his main work more than this project.

2. Holding asset at 3d party actually adds uncertainty since it value can change over time and there is still no way to guarantee that your investment will be safe in 1-4 month. We are talking about crypro, and you can expect all sort of things happen with exchange rates/hacks/stuff like that.

I do not want my investors to burn out, neither I want them to risk their last penny. Think about that, elaborate your risk and think again. No one can guarantee you certain (or any) ROI. Personally I ventured in this project knowing that all I invested can just vanish tomorrow. Was not much, of course - 5 BTCs for ICO, 2-3BTCs for the prototype coding plus ~1BTC for infrastructure and maintenance. I took those from my savings knowing perfectly that if it will be lost for any reason I wont be pulling my hairs off. Please, please play safe! Nobody can give you any warranty. I would be fool if I'd promised you guaranteed profits, beware of those who does.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:34:53 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 05:53:39 AM by MineralsPR

Yeah, it's probably not possible to keep all the ads on a single blockchain long-term. It depends entirely on how often it's used or spammed though... so not a short-term problem. If the user base were to be equivalent to craigslist it would be an issue, having to download millions of ads in order to sync your wallet would obviously suck.

There are ways around it I'm sure, but I'd say its current flaw would be that it's incapable of having a large user base. Though not many coins would have such a large user base anyway so maybe it's a moot point :/

Yeah that bothered me. At some point block chain size will be so big, no single user will be able to hold it, unless really really want. But then I realized that this will be a great time for the listing sites and 3d party hosting's who can afford to keep the block chain and offer listing services for users. 1 million ads roughly 1 gigabyte.  Current cost per gigabyte is not that big and definitely affordable to anyone, but surely uncomfortable to download. For a hosting site 1-10 terabytes  is nothing (Billions of ADs). Still most serious problem i foresee is a huge amount of data, that require building index to process, and building custom SE both expensive and complicated. I definitely want to try Smiley  

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 05:50:45 AM

Where does the name craig come from  Huh

It's not too late to change the name to PavelsCoin is it?  Craig is not the English word for "classifieds" though it's understandable that some people in other countries might think that if they just use Craigslist without thinking about where the name came from.

Hey you seem like a good guy, I don't think the issue is Copyright law, I just don't like the name, it doesn't seem like a good idea, some people might agree with me, and some might think it is a good idea, I don't know, just my 2 cents, again good luck!   Smiley

Thank you. I have to admit that I wanted the name to remind users about popular service. May be it is not best decision. Only time will tell.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 10:33:18 AM

TestNet is almost done.

mumak

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

here for a while

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

Almost?!? Smiley

I ♥ Crypto!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:10:59 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 06:38:28 PM by fartbags

How many coins (beside yours) can offer the ability to wright a txt in its blockchain. what the audience for those ads?

Every single coin. It was built into the bitcoin code that every other coin worked off of.

CRAIG did have to store the data in a certain way for it to be retrieved/searched by users. That is all extra work that other coins do not contain.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:11:27 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 06:23:01 PM by MineralsPR

Sorry for horrible delay Wink

Testnet is UP.

Source code available here:

https://github.com/CraigsCoin/CraigsCoin

Wallet binary available here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!D9cViaiT!yV-90tYph_S4qqWUBHAvOyNZtO91Sy9G-pVTAqaJOyc

To join testnet please follow the instructions:

1. Create folder CraigsCoin in %APPDATA% (type %APPDATA% in explorer)
2. create craigscoin.conf file with the following line:
Code:
testnet=1
3.Download and run CraigsCoin-qt.exe

Forum rules does not allow giveaways, so please PM me your testnet wallet address if you want to participate. I will also giveaway testnet CRAIGs in #bittrex IRC channel. Please help spread the coins to other testnet participants after you got them.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:37:01 PM

A testnet up and running. Looking good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: