Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257857 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
God Donut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

do some1 give me some test coins?

I can give you. still got plenty
pm me your testnet address
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:47:02 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 01:03:38 PM by MineralsPR

Oh, c'mon. One doesn't need a law degree to see how this is going to tick off Craigslist! You are obviously trying to rip them off as this coin is for classified ads, for god's sake. What is wrong with you?

Even if, as you say, nothing can be done to stop the blockchain once launched, it will be irrelevant for investors in the short to medium term at least. Craigslist can sue you for every last BTC raised and more. And even if you ultimately "win" and are allowed to profit off classified ads, using their exact name (highly doubtful), the bad publicity for the coin will have investors bailed out long before. And that's not even discussing the press reaction once it gets a hold of the fact that this is another drug coin.

Do you seriously think that one can just call a coin say, "Amazon" coin and sell books on the blockchain? "Budweiser" coin and for a beer coin?

Seriously, what are you people thinking? The idea is decent (although ads lasting forever seems stupid), if not fully fleshed out. But to name it CraigsCoin and then sound indignant that people might think that a very strange choice, clearly means that not a lot of thought has gone into this venture.

I like IPO/ICOs and am a regular investor, but no thanks on this one.

Explain me then how come wal-mart never sued shopmart drugmart and whole bunch of other -marts (google for more examples)?
They obviously have exactly same similarities as CraigsCoin have with CraigsList. That renders all your arguments irrelevant.

And sorry, but yes, you need law degree if you want other people to take your law threats serious.

On the other note - I wonder how hard it it for you to google through actual laws? Why do you stand up and state thigs that is clearly false like you just did instead of doing actual research?! I'm Russian - I'm supposed to be bad at US laws, but what is your excuse?

Regardless - your idea with selling books in blockchain is brilliant. That would be a blast!

One can't trademark "mart". If you wanted to call your coin "mart" coin or "socks" coin or "television" coin, you are free as a bird to do so. But, if you call your coin "Sony" coin to sell televisions on the blockchain, then you are in trouble.

How is this so difficult to understand?

If what you say above is true can you please tell me if name "Craig" can be trademarked, because if it can I feel sorry for all the Craigs out there. My English probably need much more work, but I fail to see logic, since I called my coin "CraigsCoin", not "CraigsListCoin". Since when names can be trademerked? And how Name+common word combination suddenly violates law? I'm a man of science - I like direct laws and rules - please help me here - provide the pattern - what is wrong with CraigsCoin name except it reminds you of other similar service?

I will ask you once again - please please provide something from actual law. Can you do that? It is that simple - as soon as you find anything that stand legally against CraigsCoin name - I will run like a madman to change the coin name before ICO ended! Why would you fill thread with your assumptions instead of contributing to make things better? I certainly do not want to violate law, but if CraigsCoin name does not violate copyrights I'm fine using it.

Hell you shall write CraigsList and ask them if it is agains the law even!

ning_aric

Activity: 826
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:48:19 PM

have sent to you my address

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
God Donut

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:03:00 PM

have sent to you my address

have sent you coins  Wink

BTW, I see no issue with copyright here. And even if craigslist will try to do something about it dev may change the name of a coin at any time
I've never seen a company file a lawsuit against an altcoin tho..
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:05:40 PM

One can't trademark "mart". If you wanted to call your coin "mart" coin or "socks" coin or "television" coin, you are free as a bird to do so. But, if you call your coin "Sony" coin to sell televisions on the blockchain, then you are in trouble.

If what you say above is true can you please tell me if name "Craig" can be trademarked, because if it can I feel sorry for all the Craigs out there. My English probably need much more work, but I fail to see logic. Since when names can be trademerked? And how Name+common work combination suddenly violates law? I'm a man of science - I like direct laws and rules - please help me here - provide the pattern - what is wrong with CraigsCoin name except it reminds you of other similar service?

I will ask you once again - please please provide something from actual law. Can you do that? It is that simple - as soon as you find anything that stand legally against CraigsCoin name - I will run like a madman to change the coin name before ICO ended! Why would you fill thread with your assumptions instead of contributing to make things better? I certainly do not want to violate law, but if CraigsCoin name does not violate copyrights I'm fine using it.

Look, I don't know how else to explain it. Once Henry Ford named his car company "Ford", and trademarked it, no one else is allowed to sell cars called "Ford" even if that happens to be the name of the guy wanting to do it. However, anyone named Ford (or not named Ford) can call his furniture store "Ford" or his T-shirt company "Ford" or any other product one can think of.

Anyone with even a vague awareness of the law knows this. I am not going to dig up copyright laws and cases to spoon feed you. Don't they have search engines in Russia?

But, like I said it doesn't matter, because it is so effing obvious. If I started selling cell phones and called them "Apple" products, it would be illegal. If it wasn't then every time a company was successful, others would just use their name to sell their products. Again, how is this so confounding to you?!!!

Finally, why are you relying on your investors to talk with an attorney (or to search Google). You're raising all of this BTC and you can't pick up the phone and ask an attorney yourself?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:13:26 PM

will watch this and invest some later.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:31:51 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 01:43:38 PM by MineralsPR

If what you say above is true can you please tell me if name "Craig" can be trademarked, because if it can I feel sorry for all the Craigs out there. My English probably need much more work, but I fail to see logic. Since when names can be trademerked? And how Name+common work combination suddenly violates law? I'm a man of science - I like direct laws and rules - please help me here - provide the pattern - what is wrong with CraigsCoin name except it reminds you of other similar service?

Look, I don't know how else to explain it. Once Henry Ford named his car company "Ford", and trademarked it, no one else is allowed to sell cars called "Ford" even if that happens to be the name of the guy wanting to do it. However, anyone named Ford (or not named Ford) can call his furniture store "Ford" or his T-shirt company "Ford" or any other product one can think of.

Anyone with even a vague awareness of the law knows this. I am not going to dig up copyright laws and cases to spoon feed you. Don't they have search engines in Russia?

But, like I said it doesn't matter, because it is so effing obvious. If I started selling cell phones and called them "Apple" products, it would be illegal. If it wasn't then every time a company was successful, others would just use their name to sell their products. Again, how is this so confounding to you?!!!

Finally, why are you relying on your investors to talk with an attorney (or to search Google). You're raising all of this BTC and you can't pick up the phone and ask an attorney yourself?

This is first reasonable thing you told:
Look, I don't know how else to explain it.

We just not on the same ground here. I'm not actually selling anything at the first place. Again using your own words my prodict do not called "Ford" - its called "FoCoin". Can Ford sue me for using "Fo" letters off his trademark? Again Its Not CraigsListCoin - its CraigsCoin. Im doing something that Craigs does, not CraigsList. To elaborate further - this is exactly why Apple trademarked AppStore - because if they didnt someone else could freeley use is to sell mobile Apps. CraigsList never trademarked CraigsCoin.

Actually I did my research - and found nothing that proves your point. However I may be wrong, and therefore asking you to correct me if I am.
But up to this point you only sound like someone whos fear based on ignorant assumptions. Please don't take it too personal - there is alot of people who live their life taking things that does not exist for a fact.

However since you say:
I am not going to dig up copyright laws and cases
I have to just dismiss your point since obviously I done better research of legal framework that you ever bothered to do.

Thank you for your interest in CraigsCoin and good luck.

For god sake when people will learn that developer of decentralized currency does not actually own that currency?

Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:45:48 PM

Why would that guy care about what algo it is if this is a pure PoS coin? WTH is wrong with people these days, is this some awkward way to fud this coin so less people invest and he gets more? Anyway keep up the good work on the coin, looks like you proved people wrong and can actually pull this off, cheers.

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:49:32 PM

Ahm we just not on the same ground here. I'm not actually selling anything at the first place. Again using your own words my prodict do not called Ford - to called ForCoin. Can Ford sue me for using few letters off his trademark?

Actually I did my research - and found nothing that proves your point. However I may be wrong, and therefore asking you to correct me if I am.
But up to this point you only sound like someone whos fear based on ignorant assumptions. Please don't take it too personal - there is alot of people who live their life taking things that does not exist for a fact.
However since you say:
I am not going to dig up copyright laws and cases
I have to just dismiss your point since obviously I done better research of foreign legal framework that you ever bothered to do.
Thank you for your interest in CraigsCoin and good luck.

For god sake when people will learn that developer of decentralized currency does not actually own the coin?
[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really? Who is getting all of that BTC you are raising?

What do you mean you are not selling anything? I thought that there was a cost per advertisement. Who is getting that? And, you may not be "selling" anything, but Bittrex is accepting money in exchange for coins. You better tell them to cease and desist if that is against your wishes.

Buddy, "For" coin is not "Ford" coin, but it has nothing to to do with anything. If you think that you can do an ICO called "Amazon" coin and sell books on the blockchain with no objection, you are truly delusional.

But, let's say you are right, and Craigslist should have no objection (by your logic) and would lose any lawsuits in court. It doesn't matter for your investors. In the real world, as soon as Craigslist gets wind of this, they will try to shut it down, if for no other reason than to protect their reputation. They have deep pockets and can keep going forever and ever. How is this good for investors? And that's if you're right! -- Which you aren't.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:04:28 PM

What do you mean you are not selling anything? I thought that there was a cost per advertisement. Who is getting that? And, you may not be "selling" anything, but Bittrex is accepting money in exchange for coins. You better tell them to cease and desist if that is against your wishes.

Buddy, "For" coin is not "Ford" coin, but it has nothing to to do with anything. If you think that you can do an ICO called "Amazon" coin and sell books on the blockchain with no objection, you are truly delusional.

But, let's say you are right, and Craigslist should have no objection (by your logic) and would lose any lawsuits in court. It doesn't matter for your investors. In the real world, as soon as Craigslist gets wind of this, they will try to shut it down, if for no other reason than to protect their reputation. They have deep pockets and can keep going forever and ever. How is this good for investors? And that's if you're right! -- Which you aren't.

I'm tired. How can I argue with someone who have no idea of the definition of word sell?

Code:
Sell, verb
"give or hand over (something) in exchange for money."
I'm not getting any money. I'm getting BTC's invested into developement effort.

For the last time my coin called CraigsCoin, not CraigsListCoin - notice the difference its same as AmaCoin to AmazonCoin. If you tell me that it is same than who is delusional really?!

They have deep pockets and can keep going forever and ever. How is this good for investors? And that's if you're right!
This! This is the problem. You scared of deep pockets. You just live in a delusion that deep pockets can buy anything. That is the problem, not the name. Please stop posting any more arguments on that account unles you are posting quotes from laws. I need to work on the coin and instead I'm sitting here listening this broken record. You stated that you are not interested in your first post - I got your message.

God Donut

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

I'm tired. How can I argue with someone who have no idea of the definition of word sell?

Code:
Sell, verb

For the last time my coin called CraigsCoin, not CraigsListCoin - notice the difference its same as AmaCoin to AmazonCoin. If you tell me that it is same than who is delusional really?!

They have deep pockets and can keep going forever and ever. How is this good for investors? And that's if you're right!
This! This is the problem. You scared of deep pockets. You just live in a delusion that deep pockets can buy anything. That is the problem, not the name. Please stop posting any more arguments on that account unles you are posting quotes from laws. I need to work on the coin and instead I'm sitting here listening this broken record. You stated that you are not interested in your first post - I got your message.

OK. I'm leaving. But, before I go, I just want you to know that every single time you have responded to this line of inquiry, you are making less and less sales. Oops, not sales, I forgot. What are you calling it? A fundraiser for a "development effort". Haahaahaa!

Anyone stupid enough to invest in this coin with this guy attached deserves everything they get. I mean just read his posts. He is either seriously delusional or he is just in it for the quick hit of taking your BTC. 

Good luck all.

bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out  Grin
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:00:14 PM

I've looked at your coin - nice. There is the POD and actually a working feature.
I am so tired of arguing with scammers devs like MozzShare that have none of the above and yet people keep buying it.

We should all promote coins that are transparent and not giving empty promises. CraigsCoin certainly seems to be on the right track. 
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:30:48 PM

I've looked at your coin - nice. There is the POD and actually a working feature.
I am so tired of arguing with scammers devs like MozzShare that have none of the above and yet people keep buying it.

We should all promote coins that are transparent and not giving empty promises. CraigsCoin certainly seems to be on the right track. 

I totally understand.

BallOOner

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:47:16 PM

would like to test it

who can send me some test coins? Pm please, I'll send you the address

Thanks

Overall looks like a great investment, just want to test it by myself first
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:57:29 PM

would like to test it

Thanks

No one has any coins yet
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:16:52 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:29:29 PM by Revelation

would like to test it

Thanks

No one has any coins yet
I have some testnet coins that the dev sent me. PM me your testnet address and I can send them to you.
I believe that many people have already received testnet coins from the dev.
zwiggel

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:33:18 PM

Code:
Sell, verb

OK. I'm leaving. But, before I go, I just want you to know that every single time you have responded to this line of inquiry, you are making less and less sales. Oops, not sales, I forgot. What are you calling it? A fundraiser for a "development effort". Haahaahaa!

Anyone stupid enough to invest in this coin with this guy attached deserves everything they get. I mean just read his posts. He is either seriously delusional or he is just in it for the quick hit of taking your BTC. 

Good luck all.

bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out  Grin

Gosh.. Taking fud serious on a coin with a 5+ pod a proven capable hard working dev that its actually profitable if you fud it so u get more coins because less buy it.
Ha how ironic..
Ancep

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:20:23 AM

and now for something completely different....

The fairest possible way to determine per-coin price? Check.
Present, attentive, capable (and very patient) dev? Check.
Surprisingly persistent, and early, FUD trolls? Check.
Genuinely interesting idea that experiments with established strengths of blockchain technology (kinda why we're all here)? Check.

This coin is all good in my book.
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:17:18 AM

would like to test it

Thanks

No one has any coins yet
I have some testnet coins that the dev sent me. PM me your testnet address and I can send them to you.
I believe that many people have already received testnet coins from the dev.

My bad. Test on!
jw_industry

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:13:40 AM

can I get any test coins? CYwjwZUYLfo7cLbto9YnkGXGb77EuF5EfU

the wallet looks nice! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: