Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:17:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257857 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:05:03 PM

I don't understand.. there are 30 mil coins in total but 1 coin in ICO costs 1 BTC on Bittrex???
MineralsPR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:06:05 PM

Around 150 BTC has been raised till now, am I right?

Thanks
Yes, somewhere around that number.
Is that enough to work full time on this?

Not really. This is way less then my 1 year salary, and this is not supposed to go straight into my pocket, because I will pay to the prorammers from that money. However this amount will surely be enough to go on with developement.

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:16:45 PM

I don't understand.. there are 30 mil coins in total but 1 coin in ICO costs 1 BTC on Bittrex???
it's not the real price, after you buy, you'll see the same amount in BTC you spent will be the same amount of CRAIG you get.
But is a fake price. Once the ICO will finish, and will be the final and real price, you'll get the right amount of coin.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:18:53 PM

ICO (Bittrex)
Website
Twitter
IRC
Reddit

Source Code
Windows Wallet
Mac Wallet
Block Explorer
............................................................................... ....................................................................................................

Current development:
1. Brand new Ad posting design, that adds many possible filtering criteria for user Ads (it is already released, 2 days for testing);
2. Website that is parsing the blockchain Ads listing and filtering possibility (by the end of Sep 28 week);
3. API for parsing the blockchain ads for any third-party developers (by the end of Sep 28 week);
4. Image parser (your images will be displayed in the walltet) (by the end of first week of October);
5. Blockchain partial download – in order to avoid bloated blockchain being downloaded by every single node only blocks higher than certain threshold will be downloaded;
6. Digital auction house – addition an auction feature within posted ads.  Each bidder with send coins to her designated address, and only the funds of the winning bidder will be locked in. These funds will be exchanged for the purchased goods/service  between the winner and the seller simultaneously.

Testnet is UP

Source code available here:
https://github.com/CraigsCoin/CraigsCoin

Windows wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!75smBTqS!s8L1PyX0ueGeE1b0aYhltUWHU-Mc03qsRQ1MVDe5FCo

Linux wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!m4NCHawA!sZ_a23tZTe9ZIGcT28ksENWhUeFm3-oo7LRYXCad-7Q

All wallets & source code:
https://github.com/CraigsCoin/CraigsCoin/releases/tag/wallets

To join TestNet please follow the instructions:

1. Create folder CraigsCoin in %APPDATA% (type %APPDATA% in explorer)
2. create craigscoin.conf file with the following line:
Code:
testnet=1
3.Download and run CraigsCoin-qt.exe

To reset TestNet please follow the instructions:

1. Close CraigsCoin-qt.exe
2. In your %APPDATA% folder delete CraigsCoin folder entirely
3. Download and run the latest wallet
4. Follow the above instructions to join the testnet again

Forum rules do not allow giveaways, so please PM me your TestNet wallet address if you want to participate. I will also giveaway testnet CRAIGs in #bittrex IRC channel. Please help spread the coins to other testnet participants after you got them.

All 30 000 000 CraigsCoins are going to be sold via Bittrex ICO. Coin price will be determined  at the end of the ICO (if there will be 10 BTC raised during the ICO it will mean that one CRAIG is worth 0.00000033 BTC)
Presale is available here: https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CRAIG

ICO Ends in:

Message from Bittrex:
Bittrex will be hosting the CraigsCoin ICO. As a reminder, we are providing escrow for the development team. We are not endorsing this coin or any others on our exchange. Please do your own research before trading. Below are the FULL and DEFINITIVE terms for this ICO; no other conditions are required.

* We will review the wallet before initially adding it.
* We will hold all Premine Coins - 30M. All coins will be distributed after the ICO ends successfully.
* The initial ICO market will allow traders to participate using BTC. Once the ICO has completed, the total BTC collected will determine the percentage split of the 30 million coins. For example, if 50 BTCs are raised, we will distribute 600,000 coins for every 1 BTC purchased.
* The ICO will run for 9 days starting September 12th, 2014
* If success conditions are NOT met, all BTC invested will be refunded through a buy wall.
* Once the ICO is over we will verify there is working wallet, blockchain, and block explorer.
* We will hold the funds in escrow for 3 days - at which time, we will release the funds.
* No trading of the coin will be allowed until the ICO ends and escrow is released.
* ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS - by participating in this ICO, you are agreeing to the above terms.

Name: CraigsCoin (CRAIG)
100% POS
Presale coins: 30'000'000 CRAIG
POS annual interest: 2%
Block time: 30 sec

The main idea of CraigsCoin is to provide the world with trustless, decentralized classified ads listing. Since everything is stored in the blockchain no entity will be able to delete or somehow edit an ad once it is posted.

CraigsCoin utilizes a modified blockchain in order to allow any user to post their ADs directly into the blockchain. Normal transactions between users will be no different from any other coin out there. There will be a "special" wallet that will accept special type of transaction, called ADTX (AdvertisingTransaction). In first prototype version of CraigsCoin ADTX's will have fixed cost (i.e. you can only sent 5 CRAIG to ADTX wallet). This cost is called Listing Fee. In the current build of CraigsCoin listing fee has a fixed value, however in future releases ADTX may be recalculated depending on the price in order to indirectly reflect CRAIG market value. Every message to the ADTX wallet will look like genuine transaction with one exception - this transaction may contain user created message (Ad text). This may be any message from 1 to 1 000 bytes. This message will be readable by anyone using custom block explorer. It is as simple as that.

Wallet changes:

Prototype wallet looks like normal wallet with just two new tabs. "Post Ad" tab and "Listing tab".

"Post Ad" tab has simple text input where you can type anything you like and the "Send" button. You must have at least 5 CRAIGs available, in order to post your Ad into the blockchain. As soon as your Ad listing transaction receives 5 confirmations - your text will be forever inscribed into the blockchain and will be visible to every CRAIG user on this planet.

Listing tab will consist of modified in-wallet block explorer, that parses the blockchain and lists user's ads. Prototype version will not have any special features like search engine, those will be added in further releases.

I will post here few further steps of development that I believe must be complete in order to get this coin out in the big world. To be able to dedicate time to the following list I need your help and additional funding:

1. Tags and AD editor (October 2014)
A solid wall of millions of ads is not fun. Therefore wallet will be upgraded with custom parser and AD editor. A simple tag-based language, similar to BBCode will be implemented in order to allow users to customize their ads. This is easily to imagine, but it may take a while to develop. The language and interface will remain as simple as possible.

2. Filters (November 2014)
Eventually I will add tag filtering so that only relevant classified ads are displayed to the user. Using tags everyone will be able to filter out old entries, use geographic filtering and sort ads by other means.

3. Block chain Search Engine (2015)
I am planning to develop a search engine that is going to be built-in to the wallet to allow a decentralized and relevant search of ads. This is no easy task. Good thing is that I have friends at Yandex (most popular search engine in Russia and top #7 SE in the world), and I am confident that I will be able to hire knowledgeable people and will have a good search engine implemented in the wallet eventually.

Why do we need all that features in the wallet, when any third party website can do just the same? True - anyone can develop similar third party service any time right after the release, since there will be no mandatory wallet updates after launch. And I encourage everyone to do just that - make as much block chain parsers as you can, promote and use this service. However, remember that your website can be moderated or even legally taken down for any reason, blockchain - can't. In-wallet service will be the only way to acquire true raw data and have access to pure, unmodified and unmoderated CraigsCoin AD listings. And I want this to be available for everyone. Everywhere.

My name is Pavel, I live in Moscow, Russia. I will stand as a sole developer in this project. I will hire more programmers to do certain tasks, but none of them will have direct access to the source commits, all work will be double checked by me and also will be made available for community. I have submitted my credentials to the Chris Taylor aka CryptoAsian (Including my university degree copy, driver's license, passport and number of certificates of achievement). For obvious reasons I will not post my personal info in this thread.
Few more words about me:
I graduated from physical faculty at MSU (Moscow State University) in 2007. Since then I was working as lead analyst in Marketing research for Video International, then moved to work as a Project manager in Satellite System "Gonets". Up untill present time I`m working in another telecom company doing network designs for Yota LTE service provider, and some other communication-related designs. Married, have a son and expecting another child next January. If this ICO will reach a certain goal I will leave my full time job and dedicate 100% of my time to this project.

Downloads will become available after the launch of ICO. Both source code and wallets will be posted simultaneously and testnet will become operational. Craigscoin working features can be tested on testnet.

Unlike most of coins out there I only ask for funding when there is something that is already worth your investments (i.e. working prototype). Yes CraigsCoin already works and I do not mind any escrow to confirm that both code and basic features (Block-chain AD posting and listings) are up and running.

P.S. I will probably post post from my alt account MineralsPR Wink
P.P.S. Theis topic is self moderated, but I will delete only direct spam/threats

F.A.Q.
Q. There is a huge sell order with exchange rate 1BTC/1CRAIG, wtf?
A.This is how Bittrex engine interpritates proportional distribution. CRAIGs price will be adjusted after the ICO over. Current price is listed just above this message in a black box. Everytime somone invest, it goes up slightly. At the end of the ICO you will receive amount of CRAIGs proportional to your investement share in total pool.

Q. Is it possible to post pictures in the blockchain?
A. No. The limit for the AD is only 1 000 bytes. This is not enough for media. However you can post links. The reason for that is because with bigger AD size limit blockchain will very soon grow bigger that average persons hard drive just to store irrelevant media.

Q. Does CraigsCoin affiliate with Craigs List?
A. No. CraigsCoin does not have any connections, affiliation or parthnership relations with this service. CraigsCoin is free to use, opensource software. CraigsCoin does not use any technology or parts of technology protected by the law. CraigsCoin source code  is available to anyone, everywhere for free without any limitations.

I will buy this one. I hope it´s not scam like SYS and other ipos.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:22:29 PM

Thanks

Not really. This is way less then my 1 year salary, and this is not supposed to go straight into my pocket, because I will pay to the prorammers from that money. However this amount will surely be enough to go on with developement.

Yes that is the dream for all of us to give up our day jobs and work crypto full time.   Grin
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:35:24 PM

Thanks

Yes that is the dream for all of us to give up our day jobs and work crypto full time.   Grin

My only work it´s crypto and with few hours per day i make 2 times the money i can make in a regular full time job.
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:42:47 PM

It's the first time Bittrex host ICO like this one. Thats why their interface is simply dont adjusted to the dynamic price. So far it is easier for them to just make 1 CRAIG = 1 BTC untill ICO over and price is set. The real price will be total_invested_BTC/30000000

shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

It's the first time Bittrex host ICO like this one. Thats why their interface is simply dont adjusted to the dynamic price. So far it is easier for them to just make 1 CRAIG = 1 BTC untill ICO over and price is set. The real price will be total_invested_BTC/30000000

the only thing is

its easier for them got more btc from ico than expected...fix price means fix max btc ico..non fixed price means raise up to 1k btc if the hype is big!

very very good idea....
jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:00:50 PM

can still buy some ?

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:06:12 PM

can still buy some ?
There're still 16 hours left to buy!

I know why your pray will never be answered!
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

the only thing is

its easier for them got more btc from ico than expected...fix price means fix max btc ico..non fixed price means raise up to 1k btc if the hype is big!

very very good idea....
I considered this for a long time. But this way community can decide how much this idea really woth. Plus usually the coins not sold during the ICO are being destroyed. I didn't want that because you now 30 MIL money supply with 15 MIL destroyed coins feel broken. This distribution is as fair as it can possibly be.

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:31:30 PM

I considered this for a long time. But this way community can decide how much this idea really woth. Plus usually the coins not sold during the ICO are being destroyed. I didn't want that because you now 30 MIL money supply with 15 MIL destroyed coins feel broken.
This distribution is as fair as it can possibly be.

+10

Triff ..

incognito73

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:33:02 PM

pre-sale is way more fair for the investor.
This way he/she can decide if the maximal market cap suggested is reasonable, and if coins are burned he get a better profit opportunity.
While in IPO a huge investment can enter in the last moment and give a too high market cap and worse starting point for profit.
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:34:33 PM

to destroy coins after ico ends and it isnt fully sold is the best way...investor feels better cuz they got a good price if maybe 50% will be destroyed..the coin will be more worth for sure!

ur way is only good for dev funds and some guys who think to the moonand missed the BOAT and invest and invest and invest how much they like...but this coin will be div between all invests and for now the coins costs around 600 sat for 30million supply isnt not cheap right now...if more investors kick in the coin will be more expensive...and after ico ends u got the btc and the coin is dead like all other icos by a good organised ico scam group....

what do u think?

30.000.000 x 300 sat should be a fair price for this supply without any innovations or features would be 90 btc and this is very much for a coin with hot air!

for now over 100btc invested and 15 hrs more to invest...

maybe it rises to a coin price of 1 k for 30million!

not a good invest!

i smell some sht about all the icos and scams..maybe i know one guy whos behind this...but its only my opinion

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:42:48 PM

to destroy coins after ico ends and it isnt fully sold is the best way...investor feels better cuz they got a good price if maybe 50% will be destroyed..the coin will be more worth for sure!

ur way is only good for dev funds and some guys who think to the moonand missed the BOAT and invest and invest and invest how much they like...but this coin will be div between all invests and for now the coins costs around 600 sat for 30million supply isnt not cheap right now...if more investors kick in the coin will be more expensive...and after ico ends u got the btc and the coin is dead like all other icos by a good organised ico scam group....

what do u think?

30.000.000 x 300 sat should be a fair price for this supply without any innovations or features would be 90 btc and this is very much for a coin with hot air!

for now over 100btc invested and 15 hrs more to invest...

maybe it rises to a coin price of 1 k for 30million!

not a good invest!

i smell some sht about all the icos and scams..maybe i know one guy whos behind this...but its only my opinion

I don't understand. You seriously speaking that people should invest in scam coins and you are stating that CraigsCoin is "hot air"?
Also you saying that coin with "hot air" should worth 90 BTCs, but not more.

It is probably my english but your logic is vague for me. If you think coin is scam, clearly it is a bad choice to buy it no matter of what. And I thought I made clear for investors that CraigsCoin does exactly what I promised already. Any investor can decide for himself is it worth it and... hmmm... how hot is this air.

MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

Could I get some testnet coins? my address is ***

1. Please dont post address on forums (rather PM me);
2. You gave MainNet address instead of testnet address. Pleas follow the instruction in OP to install testnet.

MEED

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:58:31 PM

This way he/she can decide if the maximal market cap suggested is reasonable, and if coins are burned he get a better profit opportunity.
While in IPO a huge investment can enter in the last moment and give a too high market cap and worse starting point for profit.

if a huge investment enters it would mean that this coin worth much more then it currently is. It is for market to decide what price is fair. If the dev gets to set a fixed price for his coin it will either be too cheap (coins will be sold out very fast and only those who are fast enough would be able to profit) or too expensive (and dev would have to destroy coins)
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:07:03 PM

if a huge investment enters it would mean that this coin worth much more then it currently is. It is for market to decide what price is fair. If the dev gets to set a fixed price for his coin it will either be too cheap (coins will be sold out very fast and only those who are fast enough would be able to profit) or too expensive (and dev would have to destroy coins)

Yup exactly my point.
Also no matter how low is the price someone will scream that Dev is too greedy. I just don't want that and want you guys decide how much my coin worth - from 0 to 9999 BTC.

johnySulliven

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:28:14 PM

I think its going to take quite some time to implement the features promised, but once it's done one day (if its happened), I think CraigsCoin is going to grab some advertising market share. Advertising industry is not going anywhere, but the medium, is surely will getting better, and different. Here u go, 2 BTC for ico. #bittirex
MineralsPR

CraigsCoin Developer

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:33:58 PM

I think its going to take quite some time to implement the features promised, but once it's done one day (if its happened), I think CraigsCoin is going to grab some advertising market share. Advertising industry is not going anywhere, but the medium, is surely will getting better, and different. Here u go, 2 BTC for ico. #bittirex

Best thing about CraigsCoin is the fact that core features are already there, and working fine Wink If you look closely to the timeline whats left is cosmetic changes. If I will dissapear (don't worry - I wont) - you will still have perfectly working coin with all features promised implemented for any sort of takeover. How do you like that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: