Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257861 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CraigsCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:50:37 AM

Ok, now we know that spam is a big turnoff.
There is a lot of spam on the blockchain currently, and there will be more coming up. So this can never take off unless we can find a way to cut spam. Nobody wants to waste time with too much spam.

Spam problem have several solutions as I see it:

1. Natural solution - ADtx fee sets natural barrier for spam (or at least it should) - spam should not be cost effective compared to real ads.
2. Hashcash - still considering this but probably not best solution (too slow for users, wont pose big problem to spammers to overcome)
3. Not listing exact same ads (Website will hash every following ad and check - if they hashes are equal - don't display) - easily avoidable by changing symbols

My bets are on N1, but we need much more wide user base to elaborate best solution.

I don't like either of those 3 solutions. If its too costly, nobody will use it. Better if its free of cost or largely cheap for mass listing of items. Think ebay

I'm more for some kind of reputation capital system. You work hard to build your reputation. You get more sales if you have more reputation, but there should be no ways to game reputation. Maybe third parties can certify people.

Also, I'd like to mention that I don't think all that effort will be worth it for you because you have already received the money. There is no incentive for you now. Do you hold any Craigscoin yourself?

I hold ~1 Mil of Craigs.
I'm open for suggestions. Suggest working algo for anti-spam and lets choose the best and most effective solution.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:57:44 AM

Ok, now we know that spam is a big turnoff.
There is a lot of spam on the blockchain currently, and there will be more coming up. So this can never take off unless we can find a way to cut spam. Nobody wants to waste time with too much spam.

Spam problem have several solutions as I see it:

1. Natural solution - ADtx fee sets natural barrier for spam (or at least it should) - spam should not be cost effective compared to real ads.
2. Hashcash - still considering this but probably not best solution (too slow for users, wont pose big problem to spammers to overcome)
3. Not listing exact same ads (Website will hash every following ad and check - if they hashes are equal - don't display) - easily avoidable by changing symbols

My bets are on N1, but we need much more wide user base to elaborate best solution.

I don't like either of those 3 solutions. If its too costly, nobody will use it. Better if its free of cost or largely cheap for mass listing of items. Think ebay

I'm more for some kind of reputation capital system. You work hard to build your reputation. You get more sales if you have more reputation, but there should be no ways to game reputation. Maybe third parties can certify people.

Also, I'd like to mention that I don't think all that effort will be worth it for you because you have already received the money. There is no incentive for you now. Do you hold any Craigscoin yourself?

I hold ~1 Mil of Craigs.
I'm open for suggestions. Suggest working algo for anti-spam and lets choose the best and most effective solution.

Have you been buying more, because you only showed us a bit over 300k with your screenshot.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

Serious - dev - You should try to get on a late night AM radio show like "Coast to Coast". This coin has potential from all the conspiracy nuts, just advertise that it's impossible to censor it because it's replicated across thousands of computers. Not just 'conspiracy nuts', but whistleblowers as well (government/business corruption, scandals, etc). Create some subcategories for stuff like that and get the word out and there's some of the market right there  Smiley

Love Coasttocoastam!! listening to it right now!! Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:00:26 AM

wikileaks

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 09:08:44 AM

wikileaks

Guys it will help a lot if you send them promo e-mails telling them about the coin (to wikileaks, to whoever else), I just cant handle that many task same time. I will focus on coin promotion right after core stuff, bugs will be fixed.  This right now requires my full attention.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:58:05 AM

Serious - dev - You should try to get on a late night AM radio show like "Coast to Coast". This coin has potential from all the conspiracy nuts, just advertise that it's impossible to censor it because it's replicated across thousands of computers. Not just 'conspiracy nuts', but whistleblowers as well (government/business corruption, scandals, etc). Create some subcategories for stuff like that and get the word out and there's some of the market right there  Smiley

word!

this is the way to go no doubt.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:08:37 AM

word!

regarding this, the blockchain cant be censored but the website to view the content can still be taken down. would need a really good viewer for all content in the wallet. i havnt used the wallet yet as waiting for mac so dunno what looks like from there.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:40:03 AM

word!

regarding this, the blockchain cant be censored but the website to view the content can still be taken down. would need a really good viewer for all content in the wallet. i havnt used the wallet yet as waiting for mac so dunno what looks like from there.

should host the site on the dvpn coin network, never taken down.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:45:14 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 11:17:23 AM by Zebedee23

May be a good idea to do a Proof of Action campaign to tie in with prbuzz. cryptotycoons do it as a service for 0.1 BTC!!!!!  Need 4 or 5 actions and people get small amount of coins for completing each 1, a tweet about craig with links and hashtags, facebook etc ,maybe download a wallet and post an add? though they wld need coins cld be a bonus 1 after they get paid first???
http://linkis.com/cryptotycoons.com/G8Si0

edit: they cld use tipbot 4 coins 4 add!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

word!

should host the site on the dvpn coin network, never taken down.

Can that be viewed on normal internet without any extra applications?Huh

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Thrillho

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

Excellent proof of concept, but somebody, somewhere, has to do right by initial investors.

It very obviously looks like you bought up a lot of the ICO and dumped on the investors, as predicted earlier in the thread.

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:01:26 AM

Excellent proof of concept, but somebody, somewhere, has to do right by initial investors.

It very obviously looks like you bought up a lot of the ICO and dumped on the investors, as predicted earlier in the thread.

Craig got payed for all of the coins, what wlould the point be of him putting BTCs into CRAIG just to dump, it doesnt make sense think about it. Markets act in mysterious ways especially in crypto. You cant start blaming the dev just cause your not in profit straight away!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Thrillho

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 11:23:06 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 12:57:16 PM by Thrillho

Craig got payed for all of the coins, what wlould the point be of him putting BTCs into CRAIG just to dump, it doesnt make sense think about it. Markets act in mysterious ways especially in crypto. You cant start blaming the dev just cause your not in profit straight away!!!

You're unable to realize how you got got, that's why there's regulation(!) in markets. Usually.

Full disclosure: I got got too, but I accept it and move on and, like I said, good proof of concept. On the off chance "craigscoin" works out I'm here to help support it.

EDIT: If you're tired of the bullshit, one scam after another, check out PND. Tried and true team, a solid vision, and an "ANTI-SCAM" ethos. An old-school solid coin with CONSTANT development: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:54:50 AM

You're unable to realize how you got got, that's why there's regulation(!) in markets. Usually.

Full disclosure: I got got too, but I accept it and move on and, like I said, good proof of concept. On the off chance "craigscoin" works out I'm here to help support it.

I got got as well i think   Embarrassed
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:43:56 PM

I am here to help, and I like Pavel (I watched the vid) but here are some facts.

He will not disclose his btc address for the ico funds.
If he could show us he still had the funds, then that would go a long way to address concerns about him or his friends buying into the ico. 

He doesnt want to invest in his own coin.
You would think if he thought craigscoin had potential then he would want at least 10% of the coin.  He can even buy his coin with free money that ico investors gave him but he seems reluctant to invest in his coin.  He has about 1% of the coins and he is the only person that would know the true value of craigscoin. Is he going to wait until it gets to 100 sat or 50 sat before he thinks its a good price to start buying and thats if he does buy at all. 

I am an ico investor who hasn't sold yet and I certainly wont be investing or encouraging others to invest any more until I see Pavel pay more than lip service to the ico investors who have lost 80% of their holdings. 

I might start reinvesting in this when I see Pavel investing in it, because at this stage it looks like he sees btc as a better investment.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

I am here to help, and I like Pavel (I watched the vid) but here are some facts.

If he could show us he still had the funds, then that would go a long way to address concerns about him or his friends buying into the ico. 

You would think if he thought craigscoin had potential then he would want at least 10% of the coin.  He can even buy his coin with free money that ico investors gave him but he seems reluctant to invest in his coin.  He has about 1% of the coins and he is the only person that would know the true value of craigscoin. Is he going to wait until it gets to 100 sat or 50 sat before he thinks its a good price to start buying and thats if he does buy at all. 

I am an ico investor who hasn't sold yet and I certainly wont be investing or encouraging others to invest any more until I see Pavel pay more than lip service to the ico investors who have lost 80% of their holdings. 

I might start reinvesting in this when I see Pavel investing in it, because at this stage it looks like he sees btc as a better investment.
Just NO. We don't want anyone to hold 10% of this coin. It must be distributed. He does not have to show his address. He explained why he didn't want to do this and he is absolutely right about it.

I am an ICO investor as well and I am not complaining. It is not the dev that is brining the price down. We are Smiley If people want to sell and get out we can't stop them. Let them leave. The market will have its turnaround and we will trade above ICO price in the future. I don't worry at all.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:26:21 PM

wikileaks

Guys it will help a lot if you send them promo e-mails telling them about the coin (to wikileaks, to whoever else), I just cant handle that many task same time. I will focus on coin promotion right after core stuff, bugs will be fixed.  This right now requires my full attention.

Good work man, maybe you can hire some guys to do non core stuff.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:33:07 PM

Just NO. We don't want anyone to hold 10% of this coin. It must be distributed. He does not have to show his address. He explained why he didn't want to do this and he is absolutely right about it.

I am an ICO investor as well and I am not complaining. It is not the dev that is brining the price down. We are Smiley If people want to sell and get out we can't stop them. Let them leave. The market will have its turnaround and we will trade above ICO price in the future. I don't worry at all.

You really have no idea!

If it was a good investment why wouldnt he invest a small portion of his free money to hold 10 or at least 5% of his own coin.  This "it must be distributed" stuff is crap when it comes to making money.  He could very cheaply own a decent holding of his own coin at current prices with free money.  But he chooses not to.  

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:40:18 PM

wikileaks

Good work man, maybe you can hire some guys to do non core stuff.

@DEV, can you buy back some coins so we know you are with us, it can help market price too, the price goes down so sharply because some guys think you will run away.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 01:49:32 PM

WebSite Source code released.  https://github.com/CraigsCoin/website-ads

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: