Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Read before investing in SuperNet ICO  (Read 8660 times)
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:48:01 PM

for everyone asking for my real BCT. Here's something to chew upon: Do facts need a face to be true? If yes, then you are truly someone I tip my hat to.

I might as well cross post this here. It has to be pretty clear to anyone reading this thread what's going on here. Short on facts big on rambling on and large text. Seems like a real intelligent group of people this thread as attracted. Roll Eyes

You've done nothing but make ad hominem attacks and unsubstantiated claims while linking to your post and spreadsheet. Here's a short list of the claims you've made with no evidence what so ever:

he has asked for 500 BTC for "2000 BTC worth" of his own assets.

Not true as shown above in an earlier post.

If you are willing to pay so that one can get rich by:
a. buying a shit load of coins, pumping them and then dumping it on you

Evidence? And as far as I know any coins held by superNET are to be held indefinitely. Certainly any sale of assets in the form of coins will go to a vote.

b. dumping an asset (or coin) held by someone

Again, evidence?

Now imagine an exchange where you can trade with a flat fee, there are no percentage based charges. And then think you own 30-40% of a coin. How difficult do you think it will be to pump that coin by circular trading? Not much?

Now you're accusing him of falsifying volume and inflating the price of his assets. Evidence?

This rather seems a ploy to garner enough interest in the assets, which for now is majority held by jl777, to actually for him to slowly dump them out.

Is it a publicly known fact that the assets which he is donating was held by him? Until then general public who vote in are aware of this fact,the voting is rigged.

So now the voting on BTER where people have openly purchased ~3k BTC of TOKEN is rigged?

And holding a majority of the asset without public disclosure is fine? Had it been coins, no one would touch it with a long pole but it is asset, so fuck it and take my money?

What are you talking about here? He's the one saying he owns the assets and he's often mentioned how much the total asset value of his shares of his assets are. Why don't you think it's a good thing for someone who's producing something that drives the price of an asset(technology, trading, providing a service, whatever) to own a large part of that asset? Isn't economic incentive a good thing?

All you've done is attacked James by accusing him of doing the things above but the only evidence you've presented thus far is your spreadsheet that outlines which parts of jl777 assets are owned by other jl777 assets.

Anyone who's read the superNET thread knows that James holds large portions of his assets and the all of his assets are cross owned in a multitude of ways. It says so right in the superNET OP. Where did he claim otherwise? And why is that necessarily a bad thing? He's the one developing the technologies or choosing what coins to invest capital in those assets, so owning the assets that he's attempting to increase the value of makes sense from an incentive standpoint.

Regarding the typos in the PDF, that document wasn't written by James. If you're trying to claim some intentional deception on the part of James you're going to have to try harder.
Now I am getting tired with your BS arguments. first you are a concerned "objective" observer now you are "SuperNet" defender. First of all, read the thread again you moron, it says things being said are conjecture based on facts. Thats how I interpret them, you are free to do one interpret them as you will. Still I get a moron like you who goes from calling someone a liar, then yourself as a do gooder "objective" observer to calling someone a liar again. Make up your damn mind. Whereas, you could have stated "I disagree and this my interpretation of events" and done with it, instead of calling liar (note, see how I did not respond to someone who said "I did not understand SuperNet" on the other thread...because that is fine by me. Everyone has their opinion and I don't need to go name calling because he disagrees with me.) The second post did try to reason with you but you came around again accusing me of lying. Hell, I have repeatedly said its your money, do what you want. I am not recommending another coin or stopping people from buying. See how the thread says "read before.....", not that "Supernet is a scam". These are facts and my conjecture, had I any mal intent the thread would have been "self moderated" ever thought of that? You are welcome to present facts or conjecture as you wish (and did towards the end of the post where you made own conjecture about people knowing of jl777's holding. Thats your belief and I can't be a moron like you and ask proof of that cause we both know that cant be proven).

In the end,  you even outdid everyone with your moronic postings. So how do you expect me to get "evidence" of pumps you dumb idiot. I don't have access to his accounts -- again conjecture....if it was facts it would have been filed in facts section. So if you want to deny facts or present your understanding as you did in the last para, its fine by me. 

Can you elaborate why you believe all of the above statements to be true in plain english without resorting to childish name calling?

If wanting to know the truth makes me a "do gooder" then so be it.

I said you weren't telling the truth in the post where you claimed that "he has asked for 500 BTC for "2000 BTC worth" of his own assets." when you know that isn't what is happening. Do you feel that your post that I called out as not truthful was a honest post that attempted to portray the situation accurately?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
supranetico (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:58:33 PM

I think the thread has proven one thing. While jl777's dealings and association are questionable at best. SuperNet supporters are a bunch of morons. My initial post, says:

"Disclaimer – These are just facts followed by conjecture (you are free to have your own too). Not an investment advice. Read through; if you don’t understand ask and someone might be able to help you with the research.
In the end, do whatever you want with your bitcoin, it is yours and you should decide."

Conjecture - "an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conjecture

ie the OP, me, understand I don't have all the cards or information. Claims about pumps are at best claims. Instead I get people calling me liar, having mal intent, FUDer, credibility of "6 activity".  This to me shows they are either morons with zero comprehension or people who turn into blind army when they read something negative about their "favourite" coin.

If it was not for the shady dealings, I think people should be weary of being lumped with such morons. Next thing you know they will overwhelming vote 100% release to jl777 if he decides so.

(Edit: Another conjecture from the thought flow process. Ripple also had these so called gateways. doesn't it? Gold, and some btc gateways too ie 1 (ripple) *n (number of coins/assets) gateway. So basically jl777 is using a trick he learned with ripple, applied to NXT with NXT gateway (another 1*n gateway) and now Supernet which will be an m*n gateway (m and n representing number of coins). He is totally not a "one trick" pony).
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:01:18 PM

Nonetheless, the Monero core team do not draw a salary, neither do we own a large portion of Monero. I'm certain that this will change in future as we receive more donations geared towards specific efforts, but that is the status quo right now and it has been that way for several months already.

Didn't smooth have 20k XMR in April?
weren't you along with other core members buying in qtys of 2k, 5k etc back in the OTC days?. Doesn't seem like such a tiny portion. You can't prove or disprove for sure the current holding.

I only had them because mining was fairly easy the first 1-2 weeks, and I sold a lot since that was my intent at the time. (I have mined and sold many new coins.) Once the difficulty shot up (I guess when dga got involved), I stopped mining, and I don't think I have ever bought any XMR, but it is possible

Given the lack of instamining, the rapid rise in difficulty, and the relatively rapid (though somewhat slower) rise in price, it wasn't possible for anyone to accumulate a large amount of the coin without buying them. And while most of the core team are comfortable enough to work for free (though only part time), we're not that well off.

Not that it matters.. why should core team not be incentivized to drive the value up with a benefit to them, it's not criminal?

No but large insider holdings are a necessary ingredient of a pump-and-dump scam. Since we don't hold a lot we can't be a pump-and-dump scam.

And no, I don't think a few thousand or even 10K are really a "large" portion. 1% of the coins is now over 30K. I certainly don't own anywhere near that and I doubt the rest of the team does either.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:19:43 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 09:30:43 PM by Anotheranonlol

Nonetheless, the Monero core team do not draw a salary, neither do we own a large portion of Monero. I'm certain that this will change in future as we receive more donations geared towards specific efforts, but that is the status quo right now and it has been that way for several months already.

weren't you along with other core members buying in qtys of 2k, 5k etc back in the OTC days?. Doesn't seem like such a tiny portion. You can't prove or disprove for sure the current holding.

I only had them because mining was fairly easy the first 1-2 weeks, and I sold a lot since that was my intent at the time. (I have mined and sold many new coins.) Once the difficulty shot up (I guess when dga got involved), I stopped mining, and I don't think I have ever bought any XMR, but it is possible

Given the lack of instamining, the rapid rise in difficulty, and the relatively rapid (though somewhat slower) rise in price, it wasn't possible for anyone to accumulate a large amount of the coin without buying them. And while most of the core team are comfortable enough to work for free (though only part time), we're not that well off.

Not that it matters.. why should core team not be incentivized to drive the value up with a benefit to them, it's not criminal?

No but large insider holdings are a necessary ingredient of a pump-and-dump scam.  Since we don't hold a lot we can't be a pump-and-dump scam.

And no, I don't think a few thousand or even 10K are really a "large" portion.  1% of the coins is now over 30K. I certainly don't own anywhere near that and I doubt the rest of the team does either.

Honestly don't believe that nobody in the core team owns any sort of significant amount.

0.3% is not that much no, but bear in mind we have seen claims XMR can/will surpass bitcoin, will reach a market cap of 35 + billion USD, is the only contender for global dark liquidity etc, This is coming from senior established members, not just newbie pupers.  Unless the core team is not quite as optimistic as those particular XMR proponents and disagrees with some of those particularly vocal supporters. (hopefully) 0.3% will be plenty.

But I understand the importance of trying to make it appear that none of the early members managed to buy in a large amount early, or that they somehow 'control' fair percentage of the total supply between them.

Things like core team members going for lunch at one of the biggest whales home really do not do favors for perception so it makes sense to try and cultivate the image of equal footing and not some kind of monero cabal ala bitcoin foundation carefully going forward.

Personally I would think the opposite. It makes total sense for you to be investing in something you believe and are helping to shape.  I much prefer knowing the core team has put their money where their mouth is. Doesn't necessarily mean because they hold big stacks a pump n dump is in order.  

To know that nobody out of the team believes strongly enough in the project they are so fervently advocating to invest any significant amount in seems quite strange.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:30:47 PM

Honestly don't believe that nobody in the core team owns any sort of significant amount.  It seems Outrageous.

Define signficant. If you mean thousands, yes we own thousands. If you mean hundreds of thousands (~10%+), we certainly don't. If you mean tens of thousands (~1%), I would guess it is probably within that range, but where exactly I have no idea.

Personally I would think the opposite. It makes total sense for you to be investing in something you believe and are helping to shape.  I much prefer knowing the core team has put their money where their mouth is. Doesn't necessarily mean because they hold big stacks a pump n dump is in order.  

We'll have to agree to disagree. In this space where 99% of coins are obvious pump-and-dump scams, avoiding such scams is more important to smart investors than people investing enormous amounts in something you believe in.

There are other motivations available that can't be gamed by scammers. In particular we are all working on the project because we find it interesting and has long term potential to turn into something important and valuable (which likely would, or at least could, enrich us personally, but not particularly through direct holdings of large portions of the oustanding coins).

To know that nobody out of the team believes strongly enough in the project they are so fervently advocating to invest any significant amount in seems quite strange.

You are assuming we have both the net worth and the investment philosophy that would make investing more than we have a prudent step (or that we don''t care about such prudence). This is false.

Especially after the claims XMR can/will surpass bitcoin, will reach a market cap of 35 + billion $, is the only contender for global dark liquidity etc, unless the core team is not quite as optimistic as those particular XMR proponents. (hopefully)

You have not heard that from the core team, at least not other than fancifully. In fact you've probably heard that it could very well fail and be worthless more often from us.

What others believe or say or do with their money we have no control over.
supranetico (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:54:00 PM

In reply to anotheranonlol, specifically (and smooth/fluffypony) - IMO there is nothing wrong with someone holding a percentage of what is their brainchild. IF I do a start up, even the VCs understand this. If I am not vested, I don't think I can give it all to an idea. Its rather how jl777 will hold 10% of SuperNet (a very huge amount in itself - we balk at 1% pre-mine), get public money for funding and performance linked bonus on top of it.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:06:43 PM

In reply to anotheranonlol, specifically (and smooth/fluffypony) - IMO there is nothing wrong with someone holding a percentage of what is their brainchild. IF I do a start up, even the VCs understand this. If I am not vested, I don't think I can give it all to an idea. Its rather how jl777 will hold 10% of SuperNet (a very huge amount in itself - we balk at 1% pre-mine), get public money for funding and performance linked bonus on top of it.

Of course people own portions of startups, even very large portions. This happens in a context where there are safeguards against abuses. Shares can't be sold to unsuspecting investors, and indeed usually insiders can't sell shares at all, except under very limited conditions.

Coins are not startups, and crypto lacks the safeguards that make investing in ventures with concentrated insider ownership (sometimes) viable in the conventional business world.

I don't really understand supernet, but it seems more like a startup to me than most coins. Still the safeguards that exist outside of the crypto world are not present. I take no position on supernet specifically though.

positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

If he is a thief then i am fully supporting a thief. If he is a scammer then im happy earning from the idea of a scammer. By the way  have you earned from btc? Do you think you are not a thief or a scammerr that you bought something low and sell it in much higher price? Do you think its fair? So all of us are just scammer Nyahaha This is not a fud post. Just  bored and wanna post Smiley
Anotheranonlol

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:53:46 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 05:27:03 AM by Anotheranonlol

I don't think theres anything wrong with that

Define signficant. If you mean thousands, yes we own thousands. If you mean hundreds of thousands (~10%+), we certainly don't. If you mean tens of thousands (~1%), I would guess it is probably within that range, but where exactly I have no idea.

Up to around 130k is what I had assumed. Certainly could be more or less.  It can't be proven or disproven really so it's irrelevant. Just odd to hear the announcement that in fact they barely own any XMR.

We'll have to agree to disagree. In this space where 99% of coins are obvious pump-and-dump scams, avoiding such scams is more important to smart investors than people investing enormous amounts in something you believe in

There are other motivations available that can't be gamed by scammers. In particular we are all working on the project because we find it interesting and has long term potential to turn into something important and valuable (which likely would, or at least could, enrich us personally, but not particularly through direct holdings of large portions of the oustanding coins).

I like the altruistic statements, but feel they are somewhat naive/unbeilable. However not surprised or unexpected for them to be said if you wish to perpetuate the idea XMR is as far removed from your traditional clone coin pump/dump as anything that has ever come before it (not that I personally have an issue with any of the core members holding large amounts as mentioned earlier or imagine that owning 'large' amounts between them automatically dooms the project to be seen as a pump n dump - not at all ).

I find it strange to imagine that a random observer such as myself, who tends to overwhelmingly post negative sentiments towards XMR would have invested a larger amount than those such as yourself who spends a significant amount of time in XMR related threads contributing positively to the ecosystem (amongst other contributions). I'm fairly confident it's not simply a case that I have more to spend. Agree to disagree is something we will have to do.

You are assuming we have both the net worth and the investment philosophy that would make investing more than we have a prudent step (or that we don''t care about such prudence). This is false.

I know that 20k XMR which you said you owned before the coin hit the exchanges, adds up to 75+ BTC at todays prices, already above what many could afford to throw at at an alt.

If you believe the words of many XMR supporters, it's only a matter of time before that 75 is turned into 7500 or even 75000 BTC.

I can't see why any of the core devs would not have decent net worth to invest into this project to maximize their gains, assuming they believed there was an opportunity to do so nor do I see that as a problem. I can't see how anyone could invest more than they have either.

You have not heard that from the core team, at least not other than fancifully. In fact you've probably heard that it could very well fail and be worthless more often from us.

I'm certainly glad nobody from the core team has said such a thing.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:04:40 AM

Up to around 130k is what I had assumed. Certainly could be more or less.  It can't be proven or disproven really so it's irrelevant. Just odd to hear the announcement that in fact they barely own any XMR.

As I said it I don't really know but it is likely more than thousands less than hundreds of thousands. Perhaps there is a question of termonology. When we say "don't own a lot" that is generally by comparison to premine/instamine coins where there developers generally own much more than a tiny single digit percentage. If you think something very roughly in the range of 1% is "a lot" then we own a lot!

I know that 20k XMR which you said you owned before the coin hit the exchanges, adds up to 75+ BTC at todays prices, already above what many could afford to throw at at an alt.

If I remember correctly I sold a lot of it in the range of 0.0001 to 0.0005, which made it worth around 2-10 BTC. Given the relatively little effort I put into mining it, that was a reasonable return for me. I mined more and made more from mining BCN, in case that matters.

I think fluffypony indicated that we are likely more well off as a group (though certainly not all of us) than many on this board (also likely far less well off than others), and that is indeed why we can afford to work on the coin at all. So yes our positions that I call small will certainly appear large to some.

If you believe the words of many XMR supporters, it's only a matter of time before that 75 is turned into 7500 or even 75000 BTC.

I don't particularly pay much attention to investment advice from random people on forum sites, trollboxes, etc. whether or not they happen to be XMR supporters or detractors.

Anotheranonlol

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:36:51 AM

As I said it I don't really know but it is likely more than thousands less than hundreds of thousands. Perhaps there is a question of termonology. When we say "don't own a lot" that is generally by comparison to premine/instamine coins where there developers generally own much more than a tiny single digit percentage. If you think something very roughly in the range of 1% is "a lot" then we own a lot!

If I remember correctly I sold a lot of it in the range of 0.0001 to 0.0005, which made it worth around 2-10 BTC. Given the relatively little effort I put into mining it, that was a reasonable return for me. I mined more and made more from mining BCN, in case that matters.

I think fluffypony indicated that we are likely more well off as a group (though certainly not all of us) than many on this board (also likely far less well off than others), and that is indeed why we can afford to work on the coin at all. So yes our positions that I call small will certainly appear large to some.

I don't particularly pay much attention to investment advice from random people on forum sites, trollboxes, etc. whether or not they happen to be XMR supporters or detractors.

All received OK. Thanks for answers.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:14:39 AM

This is the usual propaganda from the Monero Truthers...
Unlike James Hoodle, these guys are really, really fucking good liars.

They are all loaded down bagholders of MRO/XMR since the early days...
McRisto claims he bought in at 0.002, which seems like total bullshit...
Just like the catastrophic silver crash of 1847...
But think about the logistics of McRisto accumulating a large position at 0.002 in April-May?

As for James Hoodle and his NXT House of Cards...
It's ridiculously easy to manipulate the volume and prices of NXT assets...
If someone like Jimbo tells you, "I don't care about money"... run for the hills.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:50:33 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 04:03:00 AM by smooth

They are all loaded down bagholders of MRO/XMR since the early days...

If by "all" you mean all of the members of the core team, and if by "loaded down" you mean individually holding more than a tiny (well under 1%) fraction of the coins then you are 100% wrong. You also have zero evidence for your statement, which says a lot about the credibility of things you are willing to spout off about.

If you mean a certain subset of loud investors who talk a lot about their holdings on the forum, it might be true. I really have idea, I don't follow what they say very carefully and I don't know if what they say is true.

vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:08:55 AM

Supernet is NOT a coin.  It is not even a basket of (only) coins.

supranetico (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:51:42 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 10:38:32 AM by supranetico

Can you elaborate why you believe all of the above statements to be true in plain english without resorting to childish name calling?

I said you weren't telling the truth in the post where you claimed that "he has asked for 500 BTC for "2000 BTC worth" of his own assets." when you know that isn't what is happening. Do you feel that your post that I called out as not truthful was a honest post that attempted to portray the situation accurately?
Ok missed this one. I have already posted the facts from my side and my belief stems from that.  Facts about how he holds most of his own assets, and how his claim of 4x returns for "investors" in sharkfund0, considering there weren't many investors (he holds nearly 60% of the issue) are enough.

If you feel that no it doesn't then thats your prerogative  ....

and this has been clarified over time again and again. You still ask me "can you elaborate" making me repeat it again makes you a moron - call it childish name calling if you will.

I dint call you a "do gooder" rather I called you a moron and a SuperNEt supporter who is trying to act like a "do gooder". It just goes to show that your comprehension skills need work.

Now with the last para, I have to ask this. Do you not understand english or follow logic in your land where you belong?

English-wise, that is called an omission, though it happened unintentionally, it is just an omission. Not a lie.

Logic-wise, anyone who is going to read "asking 500 BTC for 2000 BTC worth of asset" is going to get curious and check jl777's post. There he/she will come to know about the "performance" string attached? Or do you think people in BCT are such idiots that they will take statements of a "newbie account" as the gospel truth? If you think that, then yes you are a moron (forgive me again for the childish name calling Wink )

Edit: And then there is this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=780833.0
Let me count the number of projects under "jl777 banner" (banner cause no one should call me a liar for omitting that he has a "team" Tongue) or how many pies he has his finers in:
Working/worked on

Privatebet (part of NXTPrivacy)
cryptocard (part of NXTPrivacy)
SuperNet
InstantDex
Tradebot
BTCD Teleport
subatomic?
MGW -- only thing which is currently live

Managing/giving advice:
sharkfund0
Atomic
jl77hodl
NxtVenture

Yep nothing can go wrong.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:11:24 AM

Ok missed this one. I have already posted the facts from my side and my belief stems from that.  Facts about how he holds most of his own assets, and how his claim of 4x returns for "investors" in sharkfund0, considering there weren't many investors (he holds nearly 60% of the issue) are enough.

If you feel that no it doesn't then thats your prerogative  ....

and this has been clarified over time again and again. You still ask me "can you elaborate" making me repeat it again makes you a moron - call it childish name calling if you will.

I dint call you a "do gooder" rather I called you a moron and a SuperNEt supporter who is trying to act like a "do gooder". It just goes to show that your comprehension skills need work.

Now with the last para, I have to ask this. Do you not understand english or follow logic in your land where you belong?

English-wise, that is called an omission, though it happened unintentionally, it is just an omission. Not a lie.

Logic-wise, anyone who is going to read "asking 500 BTC for 2000 BTC worth of asset" is going to get curious and check jl777's post. There he/she will come to know about the "performance" string attached? Or do you think people in BCT are such idiots that they will take statements of a "newbie account" as the gospel truth? If you think that, then yes you are a moron (forgive me again for the childish name calling Wink )

Let me count the number of projects under "jl777 banner" (banner cause no one should call me a liar for omitting that he has a "team" Tongue) or how many pies he has his finers in:
Working/worked on

SuperNet
InstantDex
Tradebot
BTCD Teleport
subatomic?

Managing/giving advice:
sharkfund0
Atomic
jl77hodl
NxtVenture

I don't know much about sharkfund0 but if I remember correctly I think it was mentioned that it held 10% of BTCD and 10% of BBR. And considering BTCD has gone from nothing to top 10 market cap crypto and BBR recently went up over 10x it doesnt' sound too unrealistic that sharkfund0 did in fact go up 400%. I wish I was one of the people who had a part of that 40% of sharkfund0 to be honest.

I didn't call you a liar, I said you were not being truthful with your statement. If you're saying that you omitted that because you misunderstood what James was offering then that's fine.

And I do think think that people will take the statements of a newbie account at face value without investigating the truth behind them. This thread is a perfect example of people doing just that. People will do that when it's what they've wanted believe all along anyway, and as soon as they see someone else writing the things they want to believe they form an opinion based on that. If everyone on here took the time to investigate what was true and what was false we probably wouldn't have thousands of altcoins and scams going on every week. But people just believe whatever makes them feel better about themselves.

SuperNET sounds too good to be true when you first hear about it. And it's possible that it is too good to be true and it never works out the way it's supposed to. Nothing is guaranteed. If James hadn't created the MGW and written 40,000 lines of code(his words) since spring I wouldn't be interested in the idea. But this seems to be an interesting case where you have someone with both the ideas and the apparent technical skill to make them happen. Lots of people have ideas, but it's rare when you have someone who can actually build things as well.

Anyone who wants to invest in superNET should do their own research. It's more akin to a start up company as someone had mentioned earlier. Its intention is to generate revenue and profit. What ever incentives people feel are best suited to them getting the largest return on their investment are what they should vote for with their TOKENs or UNITY shares.
supranetico (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:15:01 PM

Ok missed this one. I have already posted the facts from my side and my belief stems from that.  Facts about how he holds most of his own assets, and how his claim of 4x returns for "investors" in sharkfund0, considering there weren't many investors (he holds nearly 60% of the issue) are enough.

If you feel that no it doesn't then thats your prerogative  ....

Working/worked on

SuperNet
InstantDex
Tradebot
BTCD Teleport
subatomic?

Managing/giving advice:
sharkfund0
Atomic
jl77hodl
NxtVenture

I don't know much about sharkfund0 but if I remember correctly I think it was mentioned that it held 10% of BTCD and 10% of BBR. And considering BTCD has gone from nothing to top 10 market cap crypto and BBR recently went up over 10x it doesnt' sound too unrealistic that sharkfund0 did in fact go up 400%. I wish I was one of the people who had a part of that 40% of sharkfund0 to be honest.

I didn't call you a liar, I said you were not being truthful with your statement. If you're saying that you omitted that because you misunderstood what James was offering then that's fine.

And I do think think that people will take the statements of a newbie account at face value without investigating the truth behind them. This thread is a perfect example of people doing just that. People will do that when it's what they've wanted believe all along anyway, and as soon as they see someone else writing the things they want to believe they form an opinion based on that. If everyone on here took the time to investigate what was true and what was false we probably wouldn't have thousands of altcoins and scams going on every week. But people just believe whatever makes them feel better about themselves.

SuperNET sounds too good to be true when you first hear about it. And it's possible that it is too good to be true and it never works out the way it's supposed to. Nothing is guaranteed. If James hadn't created the MGW and written 40,000 lines of code(his words) since spring I wouldn't be interested in the idea. But this seems to be an interesting case where you have someone with both the ideas and the apparent technical skill to make them happen. Lots of people have ideas, but it's rare when you have someone who can actually build things as well.

Anyone who wants to invest in superNET should do their own research. It's more akin to a start up company as someone had mentioned earlier. Its intention is to generate revenue and profit. What ever incentives people feel are best suited to them getting the largest return on their investment are what they should vote for with their TOKENs or UNITY shares.

Ok, let me stop calling you names and answer this.

Lets talk point by point. BBR and BTCD were simply "pumped" because they were participating in a "super duper secret" project. I cant tell but are you being serious about "being part of the 40%"? I rather wish I held more BBR and BTCD - they wud have given me 10x returns than 400? See why I say you are biased? You would rather wish for a route to suck up to jl777 than take the most profitable route.

Secondly, "not telling the truth" = lying. God whats with your english? And read again, I said the omission was unintentional, not the fact that I did not understand jl777's grand plan. I think this is the easiest defense of a SuperNet support - you don't understand jl777's vision, well so be it.

Now I have to give props to you. So you reach a conclusion that "everyone in jl777's thread" has understood that he has fingers in all the pockets and owns most of his own assets. But you don't believe people can do their own research? See again why I say you are a biased observer? Everyone who supports jl777 is a maths genius who knows all his dealings + understand "his vision" but rest of bitcointalk people are fools.

This thread you say? Lets count for and against people (other than me):
Against SuperNetico:
50cent_rapper
Mrrr
vuduchyld
Come-In-Behind
Skinnkavaj
nakasat
Zer0Sum

For SuperNetICO:
Stealthcoin
Hotmetal
torshammer
noashh
Este Nuno
positivehigh
Zer0Sum

ie 7-7. Number of posts? Well you do the maths there. So, I see where you are going with this...making me use the childish insults again....cant control it...you moron, get off you high horse. You are no causal observer with no leanings. You are free to state your opinion on the matter but stop trying to make yourself look foolish.

Again, last two paras are your opinion, specially with a weak reasoning - his words. eh? So I guess jl777 is Jesus for you. But I am not going to ask "show me the proof" thats your belief and let it be.
positivehigh

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:45:42 AM

How many is the total supply of the token?
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:08:10 AM

In short Supernet is a huge fundraising by jl777 for jl777  himself. He has thought of a very long and time consuming con. He is not your usual small kind of crook. He's in for the biggest scam in crypto history. He's letting you invest in his own assets and coins which we owns hugely. And when the right time comes he will get rid of them. This is the reason I chose not to invest in this.
Again this is just my advise. Take this as a pinch of salt. After all it's your Bitcoins. Peace. Smiley

Supernet is a kind of fund. It comprises of coins which is illiquid and activities are difficult to value. jl777 owns a lot of them, which cannot be sold to market easily. By having this Supernet, jl777 can pump the NXT and sell some of NXT at hypered value. As Supernet is a kind of investment, there might not be any dividend from it in the future. If you own 1 BBR and do not convert it to Token, you will have 1 BBR at the end of the day. If you convert that 1 BBR into Token, it might not worth 1BBR later.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:15:46 AM

A couple of things though, if superNET goes down, none of the coins involved will go down. Each coin is still its own independent blockchain.

And any smart coin community will focus on adoption. I believe that's the most important thing. SuperNET shouldn't hinder adoption in anyway, just provide access to services and technologies that are available.

The price of BTCD, NXT and BBR is higher at the moment is that if you pay for Token with those coins, you get 5% discount. So people are buying those coins, which increase the price of them. If superNET goes down, or ICO finishes, then the price of those coins will come down.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: