Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia Plans Bitcoin Ban by 2015  (Read 3750 times)
cryptocoinsnews (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 10:20:21 AM

According to leading Russian news organization Russia Today (RT), Russia will pass a Bitcoin ban within the next year, and it could happen as soon as the current parliament session.

Deputy Finance Minister Aleksey Moiseev told journalists in Moscow:  “We will discuss this law in the current session of parliament, and possibly even pass it then, or at the very latest by spring next year. We are currently dealing with comments from the law enforcement agencies, about the specifics of legal measures, and we will take their remarks into account. But the overall concept of the law is set in stone.”

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/russia-plans-bitcoin-ban-2015/

How will this affect Bitcoin?

/David Parker, Director of CCN

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

How will this effect Bitcoin? will probably be even more popular in Russia than it already is (I never hear anything out of Russia regarding Cryptos)

Possibly drive all their developers to market elsewhere (their loss)

How will this effect me? I'll get a good chuckle out of it when they reverse it.

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 12:12:51 PM

I am hearing this rumor for months now, don't believe until done. Cool Cool

bitcoinwilldie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:31:25 PM

more states will ban btc, btc will doom to hell.

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:38:42 PM

This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
fredthegambler

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:23:53 AM

Doesnt matter.. As long as china accepts bitcoin.. Then were okay
riiiiising

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:36:02 AM

We don't need Russia, China, or Ecuadar. Bitcoin will survive and thrive, even if Antarctica is the only place left!

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
BIGbangTheory

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:46:43 AM

This is typical ban story for Bitcoin. China ban bitcoin, no they don't. Russia ban bitcoin, no they don't. China will ban bitcoin, better sell now, no they won't. Just achieve this. If they want to ban bitcoin, let them do it.
It was just FUD so others could buy in cheaper and then sell more expensive. It wouldn't be reason to panic anyway.
Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin. They like to keep a very tight control over their economy and people. It is just the culture of government. I would not consider this to be FUD.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:12:55 AM

I have not been paying such close attention to Russia, but I thought that they already basically banned BTC months ago?   Huh
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:19:58 AM

It will likely have a positive affect for Bitcoin but likely not right away if at all.  Bitcoin is here and from what I can tell it's not going to go anywhere and people will be made aware of it and be more interested why it is being banned.  Bitcoin has proven to be reliable so people will have no reason not to use it especially if the have a use for It. 
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:43:05 AM

It will likely have a positive affect for Bitcoin but likely not right away if at all.  Bitcoin is here and from what I can tell it's not going to go anywhere and people will be made aware of it and be more interested why it is being banned.  Bitcoin has proven to be reliable so people will have no reason not to use it especially if the have a use for It. 
I think a more likely scenario is that Russia is unable to enforce this ban and people will use it anyway. There will likely be a lot of "black market" trade in Russia done in bitcoin
robhimself

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Calling out scams, one HYIP at a time...

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:58:41 AM

In Soviet Russia, Bitcoin spend you!

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:26:38 AM

Keep hearing this yet still nothing, so I will wait until it finally happens. I don't see it being a problem for bitcoin though as I am sure they will find a way around it if they really do want to use it there despite a ban.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:38:25 AM

Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin.

in my life, i only use USD, YEN ... and EURO.
somes people can tell me what it the benefict of the rouble ? Oh yes ... it's crash every 10 years ...  Roll Eyes
LancangDam

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:52:53 PM

Russia = One step backwards, two steps back.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:06:14 PM

Unless you are a purchaser of Oil, or a derivative of oil this will not effect bitcoins. Russia does not really sell anything people with bitcoins want. Thus no problem for us. they are just extremely jealous Bitcoins is worth a WHOOOOLEEEE lot more than their own money. They also have no way to control it.  As far as Russian people go they will still be mining and selling bitcoins you can bet on that.

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:00:12 PM

Russia is very hostile towards bitcoin. They like to keep a very tight control over their economy and people. It is just the culture of government. I would not consider this to be FUD.
Does it even really matter? How many people could be using bitcoin in Russia circa?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 08:21:57 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 09:22:27 PM by ChuckBuck

For some reason this sounds like old news, even though this particular article is new.

It seems like Russia is always banning Bitcoin.  I honestly thought it was banned already by them a couple times already.

Not sure how they can completely ban it or enforce this.  Do they have a country wide firewall like China does?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
BreadJoint

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:27:40 PM

Does it even really matter? How many people could be using bitcoin in Russia circa?

Russia is involved in bitcoins pretty greatly.
Just look at alexa stats for bitcointalk
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org

No idea why China isn't in the top 5 but you may be sure that russians are the forth largest nation that uses bitcoins
And if they'll start dumping bitcoins it will considerably hurt the price
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

The way the technology is designed, Bitcoin cannot be banned or censored.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: