Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:12:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Stewart: "More millennials saying "no" to credit cards. Prefer to use BTC"  (Read 1579 times)
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

I wouldn't say that any news is good news (or any press is good press) for bitcoin. I am pretty sure that he was being sarcastic in this tweet, especially considering that there was a recent study that said US consumers overall said the opposite.

Unless the news is actually substantial, mocking bitcoin with 2 mil followers is fine for us....  Worse thing would be nobody talking about BTC.   Remember peter schiff?

You could listen to seriouscoin's logic and dump your BTC now for fear this actually might hurt the market or development Cheesy
Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:09:00 PM

News or mentions of bitcoin can obviously be bad, but they're all promotion of bitcoin and getting the name out there and getting people to talk about bitcoin, which is obviously good. People will eventually make up their own minds on bitcoin though.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 07:21:57 PM

Tyrannical prick, this is equivalent to him saying "More millenials saying "no" to gun control. Prefer to use their human right to self-defense."

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

News or mentions of bitcoin can obviously be bad, but they're all promotion of bitcoin and getting the name out there and getting people to talk about bitcoin, which is obviously good. People will eventually make up their own minds on bitcoin though.

The good thing for us if so many people on television keep bashing Bitcoin and trying to make it look bad everyone else is going to look up why they hate it so much and probably buy it Tongue
Onanula

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:46:44 PM

You do realize it's a joke that's trivializing and dismissing bitcoin right?

Jon's brand of humor is to trivialize big events so that people understand their true significance. For example, he might trivialize a vote to wage war to illustrate the true magnitude of the decision. I'd say that the simple fact that he's talking about it is increasing awareness and could be interepreted as a good sign.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

In a situation like this no such thing as bad publicity.  Hopefully, he'll talk about it on the show more as well.
cfdbit

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:01:28 PM

The Daily Show has a history of doing this with topics. For example last year Stewart dissed Chicago deep dish pizza on the show in a dismissive off hand way calling it not a pizza but more a casserole, and a few weeks later the owner of Lou Malnati's Pizza was on the show as a guest, Rahm Emanuel (Chicago mayor) was sending pizzas to the Daily Show offices, so it has the potential to spark interaction for the community, for sure.

For reference on the Chicago pizza "feud":
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-settles-new-york-chicago-pizza-feud-once-and-for-all-in-epic-star-studded-segment/
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 08:22:45 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 12:03:04 PM by Lethn

That pizza feud was just fucking hilarious Tongue yeah, I don't know, I'll have to see what he says if he makes an episode on his show about it which he inevitably will, I am fearing though that he's going to get someone like Amir Taaki or Cody Wilson and they're going to write them off as crazies like most in the media do or at least try their damn best to make them seem that way.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: