Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional option on btc buying on ebay  (Read 1255 times)
DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:02:38 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-1-BTC-Bitcoin-sent-fast-direct-to-your-wallet-/251644836520?pt=US_Virtual_Currency&hash=item3a97337aa8

Im not stupid by buying this because it is double the bitcoin price. But i see these all over ebay along with bitcoin mining contacts are boths scams?
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:10:43 AM

Yes, both are scams.
No need for ebay anything any more.

DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:16:59 AM

I thought so I read the history about paypal and bitcoin and why its not accepted briefly. And buy going over the details of the product it looks so real and could scam alot of noobs in the system i just wish they take the thing down giving us bad rep.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

How do you know it was a scam ?
I'm sure heaps of people who want to just get into BTC will look on ebay and have no clue about price and purchase it...

Just cause uninformed people do it doesn't mean its a scam... if that was the case everyting in "securities" would be a scam.. hmm lol...wait.. bad example... :p

*edit* I'm talking about the BTC not being a scam at double the price... not the mining contracts..... all though who knows.. people buy 5 yr cloud mining contracts... via an a non ebay website and that is apparently legit.... so why can't it be just cause its on ebay ?

Seems like a pretty bad scam for the scammers (sellers) if the buyer can just charge back and scam them...........

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:24:43 PM

It doesn't have to be scam but the prices are unreal, maybe real for the ones that doesn't have clue about current bitcoin value and did read 1-2 articles about it tops and now are trying to jump on fast.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:01:11 PM

It doesn't have to be scam but the prices are unreal, maybe real for the ones that doesn't have clue about current bitcoin value and did read 1-2 articles about it tops and now are trying to jump on fast.

The price is bid so high because the buyer plans on charging back. Seller could have multiple paypal accounts and will withdraw funds right away so doesn't care.
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:11:18 PM

This cant end good

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:18:44 PM

Yeah but wont paypal just direct debit the bank account if they want the money back. Spose the seller could use the funds to buy a digital item quickly. Hmm or if stolen bank acct they probs give u the money then ask for it back..so might have time to withdraw it.

Paypal/ebay are one of the worst companies in terms of owing them money. Few years back i sold sumthing and owed them literally like $8 in fee's. They sent 2 emails and by the end of the 4th week had a letter from a local debt collector in my mailbox

The price is bid so high because the buyer plans on charging back. Seller could have multiple paypal accounts and will withdraw funds right away so doesn't care.

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:26:32 PM

Yeah but wont paypal just direct debit the bank account if they want the money back. Spose the seller could use the funds to buy a digital item quickly. Hmm or if stolen bank acct they probs give u the money then ask for it back..so might have time to withdraw it.

Paypal/ebay are one of the worst companies in terms of owing them money. Few years back i sold sumthing and owed them literally like $8 in fee's. They sent 2 emails and by the end of the 4th week had a letter from a local debt collector in my mailbox

These scammers know what they are doing. I won't post how they get away with it, because then we'll be seeing a increase in scamming Wink
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:29:40 PM

If you need some quick bitcoin by paypal, use SFR you can buy SFR from the wallet with paypal then sell it at an exchange. only takes about 20-30 min start to finish.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: