Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing BitcoinAdvertisers.com THE MONEY MAKING MONSTER!  (Read 21781 times)
Andrew Bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2012, 07:24:04 PM

would really like to see how my ads are doing.
maybe refill / adjust the bid?

Are they not listed on http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/stats.php ? I will look into adding a bid history feature for expired bids as well.

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:26:15 PM

wow added my ad 5 minutes ago, 44 impressions, 11 clicks.
sure you have real numbers?
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:31:31 PM

wow added my ad 5 minutes ago, 44 impressions, 11 clicks.
sure you have real numbers?

Which one is your ad?

Buy Bitcoins in Berlin Germany - FACE TO FACE!
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 02:11:35 AM

Am I out to lunch on this one? Because nobody commented on my earlier notification that 0.01 BTC is NOT equivalent to 1 mBTC. It needs to be fixed on your front page.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Dr. Bitcoin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 02:41:55 AM

Am I out to lunch on this one? Because nobody commented on my earlier notification that 0.01 BTC is NOT equivalent to 1 mBTC. It needs to be fixed on your front page.
Fixed, thanks!  Grin
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 02:54:40 AM

Fixed, thanks!  Grin

Excellent!

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 12:33:31 PM

I just want to let everyone know, we've been using BA.com for a little over a week now and it has been generating us quality clicks and lots of them!

Superb job Andrew! You are an integral piece of the Bitcoin ecosystem...I expect nothing less from you now  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 12:34:34 PM

Superb job Andrew! You are an integral piece of the Bitcoin ecosystem...I expect nothing less from you now  Grin Grin Grin Grin
+10000 internets!

I knew andrew was going to be a bitcoin bad ass since he put up bitcoingunparts.com  Grin

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:36:16 PM

what if an ad submitted by me has 0 views?
any way to change that, or are the BTC i sent to pay for that ad lost to me?
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 12:37:14 PM

what if an ad submitted by me has 0 views?
any way to change that, or are the BTC i sent to pay for that ad lost to me?

Agreed... there needs to be a way to edit ads.

FiZiX

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 01:42:22 PM

I've now added one of your ad frames to my mobile site. I have it set at 290 x 70 and most of the content seems to fit OK but sometimes the "Ads by BitcoinAdvertisers" gets cut off.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 09:45:56 PM

I am using your banners on my service Daily Bitcoins. I have not received payments for few last days, when I enter addresses to your Stats section it shows a message:
"Your payout is delayed, please contact support if this problem doesn't go away in a week"

Addresses:
1B8eNdu4567BWb1jeBdcJDYEssaYnZXcjY
1Fz8jjBeug5KkPwEzAixjx71PyeofUN3HV
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:04:52 PM

I checked your address and your CTR is way too high that could be indicating bad clicks.  When it gets down to the appropriate levels you will be paid.
What do you mean? That my website's visitors too often clicked your banner? I have not found any limits on your website!
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:24:55 PM

I checked your address and your CTR is way too high that could be indicating bad clicks.  When it gets down to the appropriate levels you will be paid.
What do you mean? That my website's visitors too often clicked your banner? I have not found any limits on your website!

That is correct, the only way to measure for bad or fraudulent clicks is by averaging the percentage of what a normal click through rate versus one with fraudulent clicks.  In order to protect advertisers investment we have to be aggressive with what we believe the acceptable click through rate is and if or when your traffic normalizes to what it is set to for the number of impressions expected you will get your payout.

High CTR not always indicates to the fraud, it can highly vary from site-to-site. There are plenty of other methods how to detect fraud.

Currently you are misleading customers promising "Currently you could earn 10.89 mBTC for one visitor" but telling nothing about CTR limits! It is really bad business practice!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:35:14 PM

Honestly, the best way to do it (in my opinion) is by a combination of total impressions and unique impressions.  Something like X(Unique) + Y(Total) = Payout, where X might be 0.01 BTC and Y might be 0.0001 BTC.  And of course, check for what browser is being used, etc, so bots aren't counted.

Going by CPC is pretty sketchy on both the publisher and management side.  The publisher might be tempted to click on his own links, or otherwise incentivise the clicks for other people, and the management side might be tempted to ban sites that appear to have a high CTR, when it very well could be legitimate traffic.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:35:38 PM

[popcorn gif]
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:01:55 PM

The CTR rate we use is private to prevent abuse.
If you would be a real company which must obey EU consumer protection laws, you would must to clearly specify all conditions on your front page (not just hiding in somewhere in the middle of ToS) and definitely declare exact CTR value, exceeding which customers will not receive payments. Otherwise it would be classified as customer's misleading! A non-Bitcoin company in these circumstances would receive a bunch of lawsuits and with 99.999% chance you would be ordered to pay all fund earned.

It is a big advantage of the Bitcoin economy that you can start any business and be away from state regulations, so I cannot demand anything from you. But I have chosen to make this issue public to let the other users decide to agree your conditions or not.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:02:54 PM

The CTR rate we use is private to prevent abuse.
If you would be a real company which must obey EU consumer protection laws, you would must to clearly specify all conditions on your front page (not just hiding in somewhere in the middle of ToS) and definitely declare exact CTR value, exceeding which customers will not receive payments. Otherwise it would be classified as customer's misleading! A non-Bitcoin company in these circumstances would receive a bunch of lawsuits and with 99.999% chance you would to pay all fund earned.

It is a big advantage of the Bitcoin economy that you can start any business and be away from state regulations, so I cannot demand anything from you. But I have chosen to make this issue public to let the other users decide to agree your conditions or not.
I disagree.

Does Google disclose the rates at which they determine a website to have fraudulent clicks?  As far as I've ever seen, no.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 11:04:14 PM

Honestly, the best way to do it (in my opinion) is by a combination of total impressions and unique impressions.  Something like X(Unique) + Y(Total) = Payout, where X might be 0.01 BTC and Y might be 0.0001 BTC.  And of course, check for what browser is being used, etc, so bots aren't counted.

Going by CPC is pretty sketchy on both the publisher and management side.  The publisher might be tempted to click on his own links, or otherwise incentivise the clicks for other people, and the management side might be tempted to ban sites that appear to have a high CTR, when it very well could be legitimate traffic.

I agree with this. I think CPM is more honest in general and better for everybody. Consider the fact that some advertisers might get more impressions because they bid higher but aren't getting very many clicks because their ads aren't enticing. The publisher loses out because the ads aren't getting clicked. Plus, sometimes publishers like to click their own ads because they are genuinely interested, but they don't click because they don't want to look fraudulent.

That's one of the bad things about Google Adsense, is the publishers are always left wondering how many genuine clicks are being rejected by Google because Google thinks it looks fraudulent, all the while the advertiser is paying for the clicks as if they were real, so Google rakes it in and publishers get screwed.

giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 11:08:00 PM

Does Google disclose the rates at which they determine a website to have fraudulent clicks?  As far as I've ever seen, no.
Google never promise fixed CPC rate and then reject payments. They clearly state that earnings can vary and are not guaranteed. But your site does in opposite!

Quote from your site:
Currently you could earn 10.89 mBTC for one visitor!

I just ask to stop misleading advertising!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: