Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing BitcoinAdvertisers.com THE MONEY MAKING MONSTER!  (Read 21782 times)
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 09:52:05 PM

Am I going to get an answer or I really have to open support ticket?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 08:27:17 AM

http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=12weixK5ttMdjeoQgdGca9mKMKxkCxZkBG

payment has been delayed for many many weeks now. contaced support twice, no answer.
ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:26:51 AM

http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=12weixK5ttMdjeoQgdGca9mKMKxkCxZkBG

payment has been delayed for many many weeks now. contaced support twice, no answer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.0
BitcoinAdvertisers.com

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 06:23:03 PM

This is now official, thanks mods.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:48:28 AM

I am not interested in namecalling.

I got the usual response "your CTR is too high", which I *personally* don't get, but since I've never before meddled with ads, well, could be standard practise, whatever. No quantification of the acceptable CTR, but no accusation of fraud on my part, either.

PM'd him back, we'll see how that goes.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 03:33:51 PM

I really don't know whether or not all of these people have genuine gripes or not. I'm not taking sides, but I would like to aide in Andrew's defense at least a little bit.

For the time that I had BA word ads in my forum I did receive payment. Not only that, but I even clicked on the ad once just to make sure it worked and whether or not it popped up in a new tab or not. And I was not slapped with fraudulent CTR.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
BitcoinAdvertisers.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 03:37:30 PM

I am not interested in namecalling.

I got the usual response "your CTR is too high", which I *personally* don't get, but since I've never before meddled with ads, well, could be standard practise, whatever. No quantification of the acceptable CTR, but no accusation of fraud on my part, either.

PM'd him back, we'll see how that goes.

This matter has been discussed in PM.

I really don't know whether or not all of these people have genuine gripes or not. I'm not taking sides, but I would like to aide in Andrew's defense at least a little bit.

For the time that I had BA word ads in my forum I did receive payment. Not only that, but I even clicked on the ad once just to make sure it worked and whether or not it popped up in a new tab or not. And I was not slapped with fraudulent CTR.

Clicking the ads to test them or if there is genuine interest is fine.  We are more concerned with automated clicks or a pattern of unusual spikes which is easy to spot.

Future versions of the site will have graphs for all partners so that this can be seen more easily.
ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:38:50 PM

Can someone answer me please?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:21:49 AM

Is there any option for a publisher so that the statistics are not public?  I maybe am less concerned about revenues as a whole (determined from the bitcoin address in the ad code) being public, but more so the Impressions, Clicks, CTR, and RPM that shows in the "Partner Statistics". 

- http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=[bitcoin address used in publisher's ad code]

Without having an account, there's no easy way to protect this I suppose.  So to offer this would probably involve me associating an e-mail address and password, so that viewing the partner statistics would require the password.  (and the e-mail to be able to recover from a lost password situation).  And that probably adds complexity you were not looking towards having.  So I'm not sure what you could to do to restrict access to this statistics report.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 09:55:10 AM

well if not SCAM, its highly dubious to promise a money making monster, not paying up and hiding behind unpublished terms and rules as well as disregarding those rules when benefitting the proprietor.

removed almost all ads from my pages.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 02:34:59 PM

I did the same immediately after have read about non-payments.

BTW, I just don't understand why so many people keep BitcoinAdvertisers banners on their pages, knowing that balance can be wiped out at any moment!
BitcoinAdvertisers.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 04:58:59 PM

well if not SCAM, its highly dubious to promise a money making monster, not paying up and hiding behind unpublished terms and rules as well as disregarding those rules when benefitting the proprietor.

We are sorry you are unhappy with your BitcoinAdvertisers.com experience, please have a nice day.
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 01:07:50 AM

I just don't understand why so many people keep BitcoinAdvertisers banners on their pages, knowing that balance can be wiped out at any moment!

sounds like paypal Cheesy
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 07:49:13 AM

We are sorry you are unhappy with your BitcoinAdvertisers.com experience, please have a nice day.

Well you're unhappy, but you aint doin shit about it.

This is exactly the dickhead attitude towards customers that will drive people away.
Maybe hire someone sociable to do your support?

I clearly described my annoyance with your line of argument via PM.
I clearly described the double standard therein.
Spelt it out for you.

And then you bid me farewell with a sorry? That's pretty sad.

I am NOT saying you are running a scam, but you ARE doing everything you can to drive away your source of income - people that BUY ads and people that RUN ads. I used to be both - now I'm neither (well, I do run 10 or so to get my CTR lower). And don't you dare clear my account - if I come back in two months and my .X BTC isn't there, I'll be not as diplomatic.

Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 01:33:41 PM

Am I really the only one who is getting paid regularly at the moment?

Andrew really needs to stop treating publishers like dirt and start acting professionally. It's as if he's randomly allowing certain people to be paid while outright ignoring other people.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 01:12:55 AM

Major redesign of the site has been completed:

http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/

This is it for short term updates of the site, long term will plan includes a client login and graphs.
nice!
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 02:08:50 AM

nice i got my payment , better than what i was getting at Operation Fabulous

nice layout on site too

I hope you fixed the gambling ad problem
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 10:20:32 AM

I got payed too.

unrelated:

on the partnerstat page, in the payment log, the displayed mBTC amount is wrong by 10x,  (1mBTC = 0.001 BTC)

http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com/partnerstat.php?p=

also the number of payouts doesn't correspond with reality
coga

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

www.btcbuy.info

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 06:23:31 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2012, 06:37:00 PM by coga

Andrew, great service. One thing that bothers me is that there are folks that generate phony clicks. Got a click from bitcoindebit-dot-net, and decided to look - what the site is like. Here's what I saw. Obviously, nobody human visits this site. There's nothing in it. It just displays ads and someone clicks on them. Clearly scam.

UPDATE: the domain owner contacted me and apparently there is some actual traffic on the web site. Not clear who actually visits it, since there is no content, but oh well. It would be helpful if there could be some way to identify the sites with actual (potentially) interested visitor

GPG key: 6F8E305690A05365B58C50A
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 11:14:57 PM

Andrew, great service. One thing that bothers me is that there are folks that generate phony clicks. Got a click from bitcoindebit-dot-net, and decided to look - what the site is like. Here's what I saw. Obviously, nobody human visits this site. There's nothing in it. It just displays ads and someone clicks on them. Clearly scam.

UPDATE: the domain owner contacted me and apparently there is some actual traffic on the web site. Not clear who actually visits it, since there is no content, but oh well. It would be helpful if there could be some way to identify the sites with actual (potentially) interested visitor

lots of placeholder/unused domains have nothing more than advertisements, yet still get a lot of human traffic.

it's called 'parking'.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: