Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto is a time traveler  (Read 8409 times)
stryker (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

This is the only thing that makes sense, think about it, I don't care how informed you are there is no way you could make so many decisions in the design and early days of bitcoin that eventually panned out to be right just by chance  Smiley

If this is true, take for instance how he asked wikileaks to not use bitcoin for donations a few years back http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/16/i_saved_bitcoin_and_the_perfect_draft_of_history_says_assange/

Look at how the reward system for mining has panned out, look at what its achieved.

Look at how mass adoption is taking off just at the right time...

The more you look at the fine details and the events over the last few years the more you find yourself thinking "wow that was lucky", or "hey that worked out nice".
See?  Grin

I think satoshi has not disappeared, he's just gone back home "whenever" that is.... probably to enjoy his lil stash of bitcoins... 2020 maybe?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 07:50:54 AM

Who knows Smiley Bitcoin is as revolutionary as time travel can be.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:56:06 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

This is the only thing that makes sense, think about it, I don't care how informed you are there is no way you could make so many decisions in the design and early days of bitcoin that eventually panned out to be right just by chance  Smiley
Just because you were ignorant of all the economic and technical brainstorming lead up to Bitcoin, over the course of decades, doesn't mean Satoshi was a time traveller.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

"I think this stryker dude's onto me."

or

Cannibalizing the Aeon, Satoshi single-handedly advanced Human computer technology to the point where innovations such as the internet, laptops, barcode readers and Bitcoin were commonplace and taken for granted. Using the notoriety and bitcoins which came along with introducing these technologies, Satoshi constructed a corporate empire called "Bitropolis."
Farisr9k

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:09:16 AM

I agree with you. I think he saw it that the world is going to welcome a online currency more than fiat.
stuartcharles

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:27:47 AM

Explains why he hasn't cashed any in yet!
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:59:52 AM

so is this post about him going to in cryogenic and getting frozen?  I honlesty think since are technology is always going double the speed in a few years, we might pass on from bitcoin to something else after bitcoin gets one more rise.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:15:44 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:32:46 AM by gjgjg

Well, Nikola Tesla had just as much insight into potential future impacts of certain techs and had comparable levels of impact on the world with his inventions (he could have had a lot more impact if he werent drowned by capitalism, eg his free electricity transmitter).
Tesla never claimed to be a TT, so if human genius can be as capable as he was, then I think Bitcoin could be achieved by a similar person without the need to 'know' the future.

That said I hope he is a TT, its way more interesting and also that way he less likely to spend his coins for a loong while:)

The other thing about TT is that it begs lots of questions i love to think about:
is TT not regulated in the future? Was [t]{s}he[y]* a lone shark traveler just out to make themselves rich with pre-mining?
If TT is regulated or not, why didnt * go back and kill hitler or some other mass monster(s)?
Why not prevent lots of senseless deaths by inventing earthquake detectors or leaving more benevolent tech?
If * are just out to get rich, why not do something that is more likely to survive into the future like buy gold at 1$ per ounce(gold has stood longer test of time so far, BTC could be made illegal still in an unknown timeline - I guess this person cant be from a tooo distant future then)?
What other inventions were given to humanity without knowing who * is/are? If this is a solo actor acting illegally, how did they get away with it? Surely they can detect ST distortions?

Maybe * illegally travelled back, pre-mined enough to get rich without intending to return to their original time for fear of getting busted - but that would mean the BTC value gets high enough in this lifetime, and adoption gets widescale enough that * can withdraw them without causing a price crash, OR widespread enough that * can just live off spending them...

Now you got me thinking:p

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:18:57 AM

As much as it could be possible I don't see it happening to be honest. I have said it before and will continue to do so. If Satoshi wants to remain anonymous then I feel he should. Don't get me wrong I get that people are going to be curious and have their theories and that is fine but we may never know the truth.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:43:58 AM

I think is a AI from the future. There is more easy way data to travel in time than a human body.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
stryker (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:55:28 PM

The thread is in jest of course, I was using it to illustrate the odds I perceive when I *try* and think of all the things that could of gone wrong.... I mean look at all the alt-coins, don't say they fail because bitcoin is here or first to market etc, it can't be that simple?!? .... I suspect there has been no great success amongst them because they've simply not got everything "just so"...
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:57:37 PM

well if he is, then he must have seen something terrible in the future, Shocked Shocked otherwise he would have revealed himself... Cool Cool

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:24:29 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 03:58:18 PM by Beliathon

Just because you were ignorant of all the economic and technical brainstorming lead up to Bitcoin, over the course of decades, doesn't mean Satoshi was a time traveller.
This. Superstition is the end of reason. You know, the intellectual difference between a person of median IQ and a chimpanzee is actually less than the difference between a person of median IQ and a genius (150+ stanford-binet IQ). Consider the implications - Satoshi is almost a different species of primate from average folk.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

Satoshi could be a man like Tesla.. that would amazing for us.  Men like Tesla come around once every 100 years.
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:51:09 PM

He could only go back in time if he had access to a "time travel" machine pre 2009. We all know this is fact. Tongue

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:57:18 PM

I'm sure he is not a time traveler. Time travel is impossible. What I'm sure of is Satoshi has very advance mind and can predict the future.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

Satoshi could be a man like Tesla.. that would amazing for us.  Men like Tesla come around once every 100 years.
I don't think so. The idea of decentralized network at its core was the real innovation, and that wasn't Satoshi. That came from the developers of the HTTP protocol back in the early 90s.

The public ledger itself already existed in the form of torrent technology. Satoshi only built upon that already-existing technological foundation, adding encryption and solving the Byzantine General's problem.

Brilliant? yes, perhaps even genius. But Satoshi is certainly standing on the shoulders of giants.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
mannedmssn2M

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

evan if i told you it was me you wouldn[t believe it  Cool
Soccruo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:22:08 PM

This would be a nice story to tell but all we know that it's impossible Smiley

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
arxwn

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Bitcoin creation was indeed evolutionary, if you follow the crypto papers from the 90's you can see the trend (i did after the fact).
The Bitcoin adoption was revolutionary, people are longing for this technology and we haven't seen nothing yet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: