Lol at the discussions you guys. I like people are passionate about this, shows I am doing something right
Let me reply to this by (re?)iterating my vision:
I think people should be able to make money by providing any sort of service for which there is demand in a lightweight manner without paying excessive fees.
I think people should be able to to receive any sort of service and pay what they think is a fair price for this service without without paying excessive fees.
For non-physical personal services (think: entertaining and teaching) I am creating a solution which accomplishes this.
In this approach:
1) I use Bitcoin as a payment system because this is a solution which is necessary to make this work (Bitcoin is not the goal but the solution!)
2) I use a tipping system because I think this is the most optimal to:
a) let people pay what they think is fair
b) will also make more money for the broadcasters because of the replication power of computers and the internet. For the same amount of effort your service (e.g. a cam show) can be broadcast to as many people as there are people that are interested. Because of this the amount you need to make per watcher/consumer is far less. Next to this there have been experiments done (mainly at hotels and restaurants) where people are allowed to pay what they think is fair and this turned out to earn the same amount or more then simply charging. With the added replication effect this should result in way more income. Still, please observe that a tipping system is not a goal in itself but a means to an end
This all being said I'll respond this the individual remarks:
1) Yes there is likely going to be a need to split the list. If only because the current solution does not scale at all. I don't think this is necessary now though as the site is still too small to be split or subdivided internally. Also, there isn't a list full of NSFW, still quite a portion of the time the site doesn't have an active broadcast at all. You say it's easy to split it in two, which is true for me, but it would force users to make another choice which isn't necessary at this point. Next to this, just splitting the site in two is still not particularly scalable as it would need a category system (may be also similar to Reddit) for that. I do like the idea of a split in SNFW/SFW someday as there possible uses of this service which would require the NSFW material to be blocked (think anything to do with children). (btw you say the NSFW listings fill half the stream, it will in the future hopefully, but right now: I'd wish
You also ask for functionality which would block the complete stream list. if you are serious and want to do something particular with the site that requires that and are planning to actually use the site at this moment when a categorical system has yet not evolved I'm willing to work with you and create a temporary solution. If not, I won't waste time on temporary solutions and let final ones evolve as the site grows naturally.
2) Like I said I will not be implementing pay to stay now at least because It is quite different form what I believe will work best. I mentioned private channels because that would keep people on my site instead of just using Skype when they want to arrange that but I'm not sure about that either yet. May be just removing people from your channel is sufficient. You also say people don't want to "perform" and then find out people have no Bitcoins. Think of the performers on the streets in major cities. They perform also for people that are never going to pay them, others do however which keeps them going. Now think of the scalability this would provide and the low amount of tipping people could do. With Bitcoin it is feasible to tip very low amounts without fees giving the broadcasters an income because there are (potentially) going to be so many of them.
3) Yes, I agree the girls could give valuable feedback in this situation (I have received some via Reddit PM). Next time I see them I'll ask ENterTheDragonfly, Darling.LA and Dino Rawr to make an account here. If you are on the site and see broadcasters you can help and ask them as well whether they would like to join the discussion.