Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 06:17:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site  (Read 24617 times)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 04:34:11 PM

Lol I remember back when Twitter was just starting I thought it would never catch on because it is basically the same as RSS (to me). Boy was I wrong  Cheesy

Anyway, if i have time I'll look into it but you can also follow a twitter feed anonymously (just don't follow the account). All this will probably only be useful after I automate the process anyway but that is non-trivial to do because the server side I have available is not that sophisticated (Just LUA script) and encoding my credentials in the client is a security risk.

Finally there is a planned broadcast in 5 hours by 'AsiaB' (I could not find any more info on Reddit). Go check it out! (while I am sound asleep)

I mean we can sub to an RSS feed of twitter which is located at https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=cam4btc but it be nice for a dedicated rss feed from the site so we can get it get the times right and stuff like that.

Didn't know that functionality. Can you explain to me why that is insufficient?

think about all the functionality you can do with rss feeds, any announcements can be sent thru them. Also using GET variables you can string urls like cam4btc.com/rss?alert=5m&timezone=+8 would give me an alert 5 mins before the next schedule event also all times would be in your timezone or

cam4btc.com/rss?mutenonscheduled=1 so all events on the site that are not scheduled can be muted and so many features could be create I know I could list about 100 more uses.

plus you can link directly to the channels, also maybe you can add a feature where no matter what the room's name, you can link to a channel thru a broadcasters name that would nice to have

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1042

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:35:25 AM

Just give me a URL that gives me the current schedule, so I can check it out on my phone.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
bitlizard

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:29:07 AM

live show right now

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: OpenPGP.js v.1.20130820
Comment: http://openpgpjs.org

xo0EUhf9FQED/0sL3rfa9DYObowd03us1FpzLw5l5FteaeUnArz68lp9HNqP
VXixNNHRW4Zozm+wPcU68D8IdfgKJamLEYuQcrN9Dy35TllW9djSTYz1D5Cl
ITa/88kYXUurCG5vzoYujXEBggCz/+VsHhwsDC1U+PFUAmrWyii9UEmu2Nwm
aNBZABEBAAHNIlJlZ2FuIE1pbG5lIDxyZWdhbm1pbG5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbT7C
nAQQAQgAEAUCUhf9FwkQ6+hDAft7/iQAADjEA/sFZG4B3SfwsoEzXHa9Rq/A
QabkxwnDR4BIm0zq2YfAuk08yZA0lbvaYE8mlPt3Xb2NmlErC3g/ymfktx2m
NrhP6BRXmPP/b4E+EPSbKBeLI/+eCP6BwPLEpZYQrHxg0eHLwYNQTK5f6SxK
7vcxO/OaBmcvo9ZAHDKkP3HJiqRZyw==
=feLE
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 05:02:58 AM

Here's a thought.

Make it so that if you type something like "+1.1" (make that invisible I think) and then in the next minute or so a donation of 1.1 comes in it says "SoandSo donates 1.1BTC"

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 08:46:42 PM

I like that last idea a lot and will definitely implement it.

I must admit though it might take a while as I am really busy in these two weeks total I am back home before I leave for a 3+ weeks vacation. I thought I would have some time to work on the site but the amount of work I have on my plate atm is larger than I anticipated. So, sorry guys, I hope the current functionality will suffice for now  Undecided

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 09:07:52 PM

I think the rss feed is alot more important than that, plus if you implement freemoney's feature, do it so only the broadcaster can see it. Cause one thing I hate on the site is when you donate and people just keep asking you to donate. It is annoying and somes I don't even donate cause of the freeloaders keep begging. Especially if your the only one donating.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 11:33:42 PM

I think the rss feed is alot more important than that, plus if you implement freemoney's feature, do it so only the broadcaster can see it. Cause one thing I hate on the site is when you donate and people just keep asking you to donate. It is annoying and somes I don't even donate cause of the freeloaders keep begging. Especially if your the only one donating.

It is totally optional on the part of the sender to say into chat "+1.1" before sending the 1.1.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 02:01:47 AM

It is totally optional on the part of the sender to say into chat "+1.1" before sending the 1.1.

I got that part but sometimes I want to tell the broadcaster and not the whole room, and this could be a way to solve that

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 11:13:58 AM

I got that part but sometimes I want to tell the broadcaster and not the whole room, and this could be a way to solve that

Oh sorry, I get it. I thought you just didn't want people to know. That makes sense, maybe "++1.1" for broadcaster only or something.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 11:09:01 PM

I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air

Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1042

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:12:51 AM

I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air
Doesn't work on an iPhone.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 02:30:36 AM

Doesn't work on an iPhone.

it is flash and an air app so yea it will not work on the iphone js

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 07:23:43 AM

It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 04:10:08 PM

It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?

Air isn't support on Iphone there isn't even an app to make it possible, not even on a jailbreak iphone, what your thinking of there is a way of converting AIR to a native iphone app but that is a adobe tool.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 04:26:07 PM

Okay I'll check later. In development mode I tested it on several emulators (iPhone4, iPad, HTC andorid and another Android). And I exported the project to air while enabling the air for Androis, iOS and BB. Let me see what I did wrong.

Did anyone try on Android or BlackBerry?

IveBeenBit

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:19:43 PM

Okay I'll check later. In development mode I tested it on several emulators (iPhone4, iPad, HTC andorid and another Android). And I exported the project to air while enabling the air for Androis, iOS and BB. Let me see what I did wrong.

Did anyone try on Android or BlackBerry?

Installed Air on my droid phone, then went to the URL you gave and still got a bunch of gibberish.

On a lark, I went to the URL on my PC and saw that it was a zip file. For some reason my phone was looking at the URL and displaying the binary file as text.

Anyways, so then I added Winzip to my droid phone, unzipped it on my phone, tried to run the .swf file and got an error saying I didn't have the correct application.

Then I unzipped the file onto my computer, recreated the zip file's directory structure (manually cuz I had to) and copied all the files over. Still could not get the SWF file to run.

This is weird because I have Adobe play and flash both installed on my phone.

I am not all technical and crap when it comes to my phone. I was just trying shit to see if anything would work. After 30 or 40 minutes of screwing with it, I gave up.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 05:35:03 PM

Oh I'm sorry for wasting your time I have never tried to install an air application on a mobile device and reckoned it would be the same as on a pc. On a pc (if you have the air player installed) it is as easy as double clicking the air file and it will automatically install.

BTW: Unzipping the air file is definitely not the right way to go, I have packaged it in an air wrapper for the phone to be able to run it, if you take it appart it won't work at all.

Well I did some Googling and I think I know why it didn't work for you, you need to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources (ME! Tongue) on your phone before it will install it

End users of your app can install the AIR runtime and AIR applications using the normal application and distribution mechanism for their device.

On Android, for example, users can install applications from the Android Market. Or, if they have allowed the installation of apps from unknown sources in the Application settings, users can install an app by clicking a link on a web page, or by copying the application package to their device and opening it. If a user attempts to install an Android app, but doesn’t have the AIR runtime installed yet, then they will be automatically directed to the Market where they can install the runtime.

On iOS, there are two ways to distribute applications to end users. The primary distribution channel is the Apple App Store. You can also use ad hoc distribution to allow a limited number of users to install your application without going though the App Store.

See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-5d0f4f25128cc9cd0cb-7ff6.html for more information

So the steps to be taken are (for Android):

1) Go to application settings and allow the installation of apps from "unknown" sources
2) Download the Main.air file
3) Open the Main.air file (if you don't have the air run-time it should automatically redirect you, if this doesn't work, download and install it yourself)

FYI: I don't have licenses (which cost money) for any app store so i won't be able to distribute it that way. (App stores are retarded imo anyway)

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:00:19 PM

no it is a wate of time to try get it to work on iphone, also why don't you convert the air app to a native apk for android cause for android you can just host your own apk and have people install that way it would be easier

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:02:36 PM

Did you click the link? It explain everything there (source is Adobe, all Mobile platforms that are supported are discussed including Android and iOS).

I don't have the time to re-engineer everything on a new platform. I might do that sometime in the future but this

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 07:26:13 PM

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

we need a self signed IPA, just an air file is no good

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.