Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin craze dying down?  (Read 15063 times)
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:34:45 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like the bitcoin "craze" has died down a lot? Not as much people active in talking about it, and especially in other forums for altcoins, there used to be a lot of buzz and excitement but not any more it seems Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 12:47:50 PM

no. i don't think so
just bcoz some altcoin forum users are not talking about this isn't mean that bitcoin craze dying

Look i m crazy about bitcoin   Roll Eyes Shocked  Grin  Cheesy  Tongue

Available
PM me to rent this space.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:47:49 PM

The bitcoin gold rush will sail again when the price booms and panick to buy steps in.  but that wont happen till a  matter of years of now I beleive.  Also If buying miners was much cheaper and you can go ROI in two months it will get very popular, right now is hot to the miners and the ones who got into it early.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:50:00 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like the bitcoin "craze" has died down a lot? Not as much people active in talking about it, and especially in other forums for altcoins, there used to be a lot of buzz and excitement but not any more it seems Sad

Altcoins  are like mushrooms , they thrive only after rain. In this case only when there is  bitcoin hype.

As for the craze dying down how you said , there are more and more companies accepting bitcoin , the page in the press section is full with only 1 or 2 days article as there is an avalache of it and you're saying is going down?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:55:25 PM

Just yesterday PayPal hints that they may get on-board and the United Way, the worlds largest charity, starts taking bitcoin. A year ago that would be the biggest news yet. Now it barely registers. The growth we are seeing now is massive.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:00:26 PM

don't spread fud here. I haven't heard any issue with bitcoin yet. I assume some people are dumping their coins and cause the price decline a little bit. It definitely will be covered back.

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:02:48 PM

You should not equate the current price with the fundamental situation. I see a lot of progress, with new companies accepting Bitcoin every day.

Euphoria will come soon enough when prices are on the rise again. I think it's a good thing, that Bitcoin price has come down a bit and is less volatile, because it facilitates improvements on the infrastructure. It would be too soon if mainstream joined Bitcoin right now. The infrastructure is not ready for this.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:05:36 PM

this time last year bitcoin went from $90 down to $70 and people were shouting that bitcoin craze was dying out.. then as october approached it went above $100, and then up up up.

you want to know why september-october is so important..

think about these three countries
thailand, costa rica, america.. then click this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year#Chart_of_various_fiscal_years

if your old enough to actually bother paying tax, then you will know

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:26:47 PM

don't spread fud here. I haven't heard any issue with bitcoin yet. I assume some people are dumping their coins and cause the price decline a little bit. It definitely will be covered back.

I'm not spreading fud, I'm making an observation, feathercoin forum used to be very active, but now its not really that active, also the vertcoin forum is completely gone, the values of these coins is also dropped considerably.

Plus I'm asking what the community thinks..
BTCevo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:28:42 PM

this time last year bitcoin went from $90 down to $70 and people were shouting that bitcoin craze was dying out.. then as october approached it went above $100, and then up up up.

Smart. So when everyones taxes are due they buy into bitcoin to avoid taxes lol
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:30:11 PM

I'm not spreading fud, I'm making an observation, feathercoin forum used to be very active, but now its not really that active, also the vertcoin forum is completely gone, the values of these coins is also dropped considerably.

Plus I'm asking what the community thinks..

Yes, the altcoin/scamcoin craze has died down a bit.

What does that have to do with bitcoin though?
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:30:17 PM

valid point. In terms of price decline we are not out of the woods yet, but there is still enough time till the end of the year to turn this into a positive teritory.

this space is intentionally left blank
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:02:20 PM

Bitcoin craze is not dying down.  Sure in raw mentions or retweets or viral speak, maybe it's not the hot topic cooler talk like the Mt. Gox days.

Just in the past week, PayPal accepted it in their One Touch payment, CNN tweeted and has a Bitcoin Composite Page, the United Way added Bitcoin as a donation method, and Reddit is challenging it's vaunted community on how to integrate Bitcoin into their Advertising strategy.

Those are significant partnerships and progressive leaps over where we were a year or two ago.

Bitcoin maybe not on the lips and mouths of every non technical person you talk to yet, but you can bet large scale companies and corporations are trying to figure out how to monetize the shit out of this Cryptocurrency.

...and please don't bring up Alt/Shitcoins again, all those coins are similar to penny stocks.  Pure speculative pump and dumps.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

The money dumb whales may be dying down, but the revolution beggins, when real pressure is put into people to OWN BTC because their lovely FIAT MONEY IS CRASHING , then we will see 1 million per coin.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:49:39 PM

Bitcoin hasn't even caught on yet to the general public and more business are accepting Bitcoin everyday.  People are interested in Bitcoin but not sure where to learn more about it.  When they aware of Bitcoin(which could be any moment).  The "craze" will be many times larger then the last "craze".  Bitcoin is lightyears ahead of where it was last year.  The price is not a good indicator of the real value of Bitcoin.  Just my 2 Satoshis   
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:51:11 PM

In the circles I frequent right now discussion is slowing down for sure
But in the background a lot of people are trying to set up bitcoin companies and similar ventures
So quiet on one front and moving rapidly on the other even in the forum you see a lot of people looking for cofounders etc atm
In a sense things are just getting interesting.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:20:40 PM

In the circles I frequent right now discussion is slowing down for sure
But in the background a lot of people are trying to set up bitcoin companies and similar ventures ...

Yep, sounds like one of those 'silence is deadly' cases Wink
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

Altcoins  are like mushrooms , they thrive only after rain. In this case only when there is  bitcoin hype.

As for the craze dying down how you said , there are more and more companies accepting bitcoin , the page in the press section is full with only 1 or 2 days article as there is an avalache of it and you're saying is going down?

This is actually a really good simile Smiley   It actually perfectly describes the ups and downs of most alts...
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:38:05 PM

Well if you want to use fundamentals thats a great way to look at things, but lets add common logic with your fundamentals, I see bitcoins hitting 90 dollars by the end of the year. Let me tell you why.  

Its what i like to call the Dell Dump. What is the Dell Dump? The Dell Dump is is the name I gave the situation where all companies involved in accepting bitcoin dump their coins for fiat. If you have been watching closely for the past 3 months steadily every 2 weeks the value of bitcoins drops 15 to 30 dollars and bounces back and forth 3 to 5 dollars for 2 weeks then drops again 15 to 30 dollars. You can also see it is not rebounding like it used to. Because companies like Dell are dumping their coins for fiat and NO ONE is actually buying enough coins to compensate the sell off from all these companies. Since no one really has a need or a want for Bitcoins it is slowly falling apart at the seams. It will not rebound like all the people hope. Until you believers do something about your ever so resilient Bitcoin or the developers find a way to secure a true demand for Bitcoins, you will not have to worry it will not make it to the 21 million release you will be lucky to see the next halving in rewards.

On top of the Dell Dump Bitcoin mining is not profitable anymore, and intelligent miners with small mines are no longer mining BTC, a lot of the pools are ripping members off, the rewards are getting smaller by the day and intelligent miners have found other ways to benefit from the machines they bought, and guess what they are doing, selling the crap out of Bitcoins.

Truth is truth, no demand, no reason to buy bitcoins.We already know the transaction is not faster, no one cares about anonymity except criminals. What the people want is ease and Bitcoin (which is not in its infancy anymore) is not faster in any way. It is actually much more complex for most people. We as humans especially ones with money are lazy and stupid. The rich people want everything at their fingertips, ease of use, ease of everything, they want to be able to let someone else do all the work for them. With all the scammer, hackers, and swindlers in the bitcoin industry, you cant trust anyojhne to do anything right now. So if you dont have even just a little bit of coding experience, getting into bitcoin is simply put, to complex for the people we need here and involved. Its easier for them to just use their visa and buy what they want.

So yes the bitcoin craze is dying, and will continue to do so until it evolves a true demand. Dont listen to the idiots who just call it a bubble, they are stupid and base their response on hope and not common logic. Logic tells you the truth, it will not do what it did last year or the year before, if you have been watching this year news releases have had very little effect on Bitcoin, the additional companies we have picked up (LIKE DELL) have not helped Bitcoin but rather hurt us very badly, so badly the price has done nothing but fall fall fall. There has been absolutely no good honest work from the development team in 5 years that has done anything for the security of the coins future. We have NO DEMAND for bitcoin. without a demand it will fail Pure and simple

I unfortunately fear Bitcoin will end up being the longest running pump and dump scheme the world has ever seen.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:42:38 PM

Yet another FUD post above. They are endless and should be completely ignored.
People are impatient. Adoption takes time, just look at just about any major invention.
From Electricity, TV, PC, Internet.. and guess what. Bitcoin is one of the best things that happened in the recent years.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: