Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:57:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 not mining  (Read 1735 times)
raceme5757 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:44:33 AM

Hi guys, i am BRAND new to this forum and the antminer in general. before i get yelled at for creating a new topic, hear me out.
I have been researching just about every helping thread and how-to on the internet for the s1. either people have ip setting issues where they cant locate the miner or have a direct miner config issue. My issue seems to be of a different nature, both antminer s1s start mining, but only says .5-.04ghs/s for the first 20 seconds, then just goes down to zero, also ive unblocked my router, it has no firewall now. I can set everything properly, nada. the miners both have the green flickering light showing that they are "hashing" and like i said, they mine and just produce no actual hashing. I am using btcguild so its the most common pool to mine in, can anyone help me out here? heres a screen cap. http://imgur.com/gRYftVD

also, i know the weird extention on the btcguild website name, ive tried the simple stratum.btcguild.com:3333 as well, still does exact same thing. i also tried my triplemining settings, still does same thing. I NEED HELP!!!  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:43:02 PM

Hi guys, i am BRAND new to this forum and the antminer in general. before i get yelled at for creating a new topic, hear me out.
I have been researching just about every helping thread and how-to on the internet for the s1. either people have ip setting issues where they cant locate the miner or have a direct miner config issue. My issue seems to be of a different nature, both antminer s1s start mining, but only says .5-.04ghs/s for the first 20 seconds, then just goes down to zero, also ive unblocked my router, it has no firewall now. I can set everything properly, nada. the miners both have the green flickering light showing that they are "hashing" and like i said, they mine and just produce no actual hashing. I am using btcguild so its the most common pool to mine in, can anyone help me out here? heres a screen cap. http://imgur.com/gRYftVD

also, i know the weird extention on the btcguild website name, ive tried the simple stratum.btcguild.com:3333 as well, still does exact same thing. i also tried my triplemining settings, still does same thing. I NEED HELP!!!  Embarrassed

Try a different PSU, and make sure it is providing enough watts. It's probably that.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

This is definitely a PSU issue, I bet you bought a cheap psu that promised tons of max wattage for cheap. Give us the name of the PSU and we can tell you for sure if it is just a dead psu or the brand/model.

I've got 2 Corsair TX750's if you need em. Worked great with my s1's when I had them.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 08:34:47 PM

I'm leaning towards a PSU issue as well. Sometimes the miner looks just fine but it isn't submitting any shares, that can be due to an incorrect DNS setting, but with such a low hashrate I'm betting on the PSU being the culprit.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:44:03 PM

Try using 1 blade and see your hashrate, this will also help tell if it is the psu.
i could offer remote support if still needed.. just pm me .
cheers  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: