Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:15:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 not mining  (Read 1735 times)
raceme5757 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:44:33 AM

Hi guys, i am BRAND new to this forum and the antminer in general. before i get yelled at for creating a new topic, hear me out.
I have been researching just about every helping thread and how-to on the internet for the s1. either people have ip setting issues where they cant locate the miner or have a direct miner config issue. My issue seems to be of a different nature, both antminer s1s start mining, but only says .5-.04ghs/s for the first 20 seconds, then just goes down to zero, also ive unblocked my router, it has no firewall now. I can set everything properly, nada. the miners both have the green flickering light showing that they are "hashing" and like i said, they mine and just produce no actual hashing. I am using btcguild so its the most common pool to mine in, can anyone help me out here? heres a screen cap. http://imgur.com/gRYftVD

also, i know the weird extention on the btcguild website name, ive tried the simple stratum.btcguild.com:3333 as well, still does exact same thing. i also tried my triplemining settings, still does same thing. I NEED HELP!!!  Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:43:02 PM

Hi guys, i am BRAND new to this forum and the antminer in general. before i get yelled at for creating a new topic, hear me out.
I have been researching just about every helping thread and how-to on the internet for the s1. either people have ip setting issues where they cant locate the miner or have a direct miner config issue. My issue seems to be of a different nature, both antminer s1s start mining, but only says .5-.04ghs/s for the first 20 seconds, then just goes down to zero, also ive unblocked my router, it has no firewall now. I can set everything properly, nada. the miners both have the green flickering light showing that they are "hashing" and like i said, they mine and just produce no actual hashing. I am using btcguild so its the most common pool to mine in, can anyone help me out here? heres a screen cap. http://imgur.com/gRYftVD

also, i know the weird extention on the btcguild website name, ive tried the simple stratum.btcguild.com:3333 as well, still does exact same thing. i also tried my triplemining settings, still does same thing. I NEED HELP!!!  Embarrassed

Try a different PSU, and make sure it is providing enough watts. It's probably that.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

This is definitely a PSU issue, I bet you bought a cheap psu that promised tons of max wattage for cheap. Give us the name of the PSU and we can tell you for sure if it is just a dead psu or the brand/model.

I've got 2 Corsair TX750's if you need em. Worked great with my s1's when I had them.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 08:34:47 PM

I'm leaning towards a PSU issue as well. Sometimes the miner looks just fine but it isn't submitting any shares, that can be due to an incorrect DNS setting, but with such a low hashrate I'm betting on the PSU being the culprit.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:44:03 PM

Try using 1 blade and see your hashrate, this will also help tell if it is the psu.
i could offer remote support if still needed.. just pm me .
cheers  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: